The Release of Tom Hose
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#2 Feb 15, 2012
Research indicates pedophiles cannot be 'cured' or fixed. Research also indicates that 50 percent of people will blame the victim. I'm sure Mr Hose is gratefull for your unwavering support.

Since: Mar 11

Location hidden

#5 Feb 15, 2012
Ok. Do you think the laws should be changed? When old guys have sex with youngsters are there special cases when they should be permitted by the law and society(the McKeesport society) to do this?
Millie

North Versailles, PA

#7 Feb 15, 2012
I would not consider Tom Hose a Pedophile. I would say he was sick for having sexual relations with a 14 year old girl. That is considered involuntary deviate sexual intercourse. Isn't that what he was charged on? Correct? I understand that Tom Hose has gone before the Parole Board and is waiting to see if he is going to be released.I do not think he is a threat to society. I also think in my own opinion that he will live a sheltered life away from everyone.
Millie

North Versailles, PA

#9 Feb 15, 2012
Oh..thank you for that information. He never kidnapped the girl.She ran away from home and went to him willingly right? I did read the book on this matter and I had a hard time believing that it was all true. I don't think everyone mentioned in the book was mean to this young lady. And I can not understand how anyone could be estranged from their own parents. As adults we learn to forgive and learn to love again. I hope her parents get to reconcile with their daughter. I also wish Tom Hose the best of luck. It is going to be hard for him coming back into society. But I am sure he will adjust once he knows not everyone considers him a pedophile or is afraid of him.

Since: Oct 11

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Feb 15, 2012
Tom Hose IS a PEDOPHILE! As for the TRUTH, the TRUTH has been told already so keep trying to "dig" for the truth because you will just hit into a rock since it has already been told! Good luck! ;)
Millie

North Versailles, PA

#11 Feb 15, 2012
I have to disagree with you Sunshine48. I remember when this story broke. Tom Hose is guilty of sexual relations with a young girl but I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a Pedophile. But that is just my opinion. Also this young lady put herself into the relationship. She was locking the bedroom door from the inside so how was he keeping her help against her will? That is ludicrous. So in my opinion the truth has not been told. But this is just my opinion.
Nettie

Monongahela, PA

#12 Feb 15, 2012
No, not everyone hates Tom Hose or thinks he's a raving lunatic. Or a rapist. Or a pedophile. He's a bit 'touched', if you will, but not a danger. I think that girl has a lot of anger issues, and probably needs professional help to work through them, but I read somewhere (The Trib?) that she is suing her Therapist of Psychiatrist. I also think it's a shame that she doesn't have a relationship with her father, and bad mouths him in the papers and on National TV. In my opinion, that doesn't embarrass her father, it shames her. I remember following this case very closely and from what I can recall, he plead to those charges to avoid a trial, and she agreed, as she did not want a trial either. Also he could have gotten more prison time if he were found guilty. Sometimes people do that. If he really was a risk to children or society he would have been given a much stiffer sentence so apparently even the court system did not find this to be the case. It's time for people to move on and let Hose live the rest of his life in peace. It's over.
Brittany McCrum

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Feb 15, 2012
Millie wrote:
I have to disagree with you Sunshine48. I remember when this story broke. Tom Hose is guilty of sexual relations with a young girl but I wouldn't go as far as saying he is a Pedophile. But that is just my opinion. Also this young lady put herself into the relationship. She was locking the bedroom door from the inside so how was he keeping her help against her will? That is ludicrous. So in my opinion the truth has not been told. But this is just my opinion.
What do you think a pedophile is!?
Here is the definition for you : A person who is sexually attracted to children. That answers your question right there.
As far as the bedroom being locked from the inside, he always told her to lock it when he left. He had her controlled, brainwashed. She was held inside that bedroom for 4 years, not aloud to go outside or anything till she was 18 years old. For him getting out, I don't think its possible this time around. He hasn't been taking the sex classes like he should be. It is required for any sex offender, and he keeps refusing to take them.
Brittany McCrum

Pittsburgh, PA

#15 Feb 15, 2012
Nettie wrote:
No, not everyone hates Tom Hose or thinks he's a raving lunatic. Or a rapist. Or a pedophile. He's a bit 'touched', if you will, but not a danger. I think that girl has a lot of anger issues, and probably needs professional help to work through them, but I read somewhere (The Trib?) that she is suing her Therapist of Psychiatrist. I also think it's a shame that she doesn't have a relationship with her father, and bad mouths him in the papers and on National TV. In my opinion, that doesn't embarrass her father, it shames her. I remember following this case very closely and from what I can recall, he plead to those charges to avoid a trial, and she agreed, as she did not want a trial either. Also he could have gotten more prison time if he were found guilty. Sometimes people do that. If he really was a risk to children or society he would have been given a much stiffer sentence so apparently even the court system did not find this to be the case. It's time for people to move on and let Hose live the rest of his life in peace. It's over.
Correction, her therapist is suing her. Here is the link : http://www.wtae.com/video/30282422/detail.htm...
And secondly, you can't really say anything about her father. You don't know the situation between them. Most of the reason they don't have a relationship has to due with the fact her father blames her for everything, and her step-mother is the problem as well.
Nettie

Monongahela, PA

#16 Feb 15, 2012
Brittany McCrum wrote:
<quoted text>
Here is the definition for you : A person who is sexually attracted to children. That answers your question right there.
As far as the bedroom being locked from the inside, he always told her to lock it when he left. He had her controlled, brainwashed. She was held inside that bedroom for 4 years, not aloud to go outside or anything till she was 18 years old. For him getting out, I don't think its possible this time around. He hasn't been taking the sex classes like he should be. It is required for any sex offender, and he keeps refusing to take them.
Really? He refuses to take the classes? And he is aware that it's a condition of his parole? I find that hard to believe.

I also question the story because even in the book, it said the door was locked from the inside. So how long did it take him to brainwash her into keeping it locked like that? Didn't he have a job at the school still for the whole time she was there? So that means he should have been gone at least some of the time? How did he get her to listen to him when no one else could get through to her? Please explain.
Brittany McCrum

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Feb 15, 2012
Nettie wrote:
<quoted text>
Really? He refuses to take the classes? And he is aware that it's a condition of his parole? I find that hard to believe.
I also question the story because even in the book, it said the door was locked from the inside. So how long did it take him to brainwash her into keeping it locked like that? Didn't he have a job at the school still for the whole time she was there? So that means he should have been gone at least some of the time? How did he get her to listen to him when no one else could get through to her? Please explain.
WHATPARTOFTHATDIDYOUNOTUNDERST AND!?
Millie

North Versailles, PA

#19 Feb 15, 2012
Brittany McCrum wrote:
<quoted text>
Thank you for the definition. I always thought pedophiles looked for victims 12 and under. I guess I was mistaken. My thing with the bedroom door is..he did not have her brainwashed the first few weeks she was there. It takes time to brainwash and control someone. So why did she stay in that room when he went to work? She was 14 and from what I read she had been mistreated most of her life.So why would she stay with someone that tried to control her and make her stay in the bedroom. I know most 14 year old girls are very mature for their age and in control of their lives. Why would she fall yet again for someone who set rules for her when she didn't want to live by rules at home? Isn't that why she ran away in the first place? She was a 14 year old who was very mature and wanted to be an adult but she let him control her from day 1? That makes no sense to me.
Nettie

Monongahela, PA

#20 Feb 15, 2012
Brittany McCrum wrote:
<quoted text>
Correction, her therapist is suing her. Here is the link : http://www.wtae.com/video/30282422/detail.htm...
And secondly, you can't really say anything about her father. You don't know the situation between them. Most of the reason they don't have a relationship has to due with the fact her father blames her for everything, and her step-mother is the problem as well.
I stand corrected. I knew there was someone being sued. I just watched the news story. I don't recall seeing it when it was originally aired. If that woman is suing her, and a lawyer took the case, there must be some basis for the charge. I remember in the book that there were some things said about the Therapist that were not in a favorable light at ALL. I don't have first hand knowledge about the family dynamic but I still think it's wrong to air family business in the media. Her father is not to blame for her circumstance, she did run away from home, and it said on TV that he marked a calender every day she was gone so obviously he missed her and thought about her EVERY day. When it comes to family there is no problem too big to solve.
Nettie

Monongahela, PA

#21 Feb 15, 2012
Brittany McCrum wrote:
<quoted text>
WHATPARTOFTHATDIDYOUNOTUNDERST AND!?
Have I offended you in some way? I was commenting on this thread and asked a couple of simple questions. If you do not know the answers just say so! No need to get upset!
Brittany McCrum

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Feb 15, 2012
Looking 4 the truth wrote:
Ms. McCrum I fail to understand how you can say that I do not know the situation when you don't even know my identity. I assure you that I am very close to the situation I am aware of most of those involved. I have been following this story since it broke, and I also have very reliable sources so please be aware that anything that is posted in this forum is the truth, as I am sure that everything you know or think you know you also believe to be the truth. This WILL NOT be like the others forums of childish and inane insults!!!
You think that YOU are the ONLY one to have reliable sources. Well let me tell you something, I have MANY reliable sources. The main sources is my step-mother. She would be the one to know everything, cause it happened to her.
Brittany McCrum

Pittsburgh, PA

#23 Feb 15, 2012
Nettie wrote:
<quoted text>
I stand corrected. I knew there was someone being sued. I just watched the news story. I don't recall seeing it when it was originally aired. If that woman is suing her, and a lawyer took the case, there must be some basis for the charge. I remember in the book that there were some things said about the Therapist that were not in a favorable light at ALL. I don't have first hand knowledge about the family dynamic but I still think it's wrong to air family business in the media. Her father is not to blame for her circumstance, she did run away from home, and it said on TV that he marked a calender every day she was gone so obviously he missed her and thought about her EVERY day. When it comes to family there is no problem too big to solve.
That's funny, then where is that calender? That is a bunch of bull about that calender. I can't tell you how many people, including people in her family have said that he never talked about her, and so many others didn't even know he had a daughter. So what does that tell you? And yes, her running away was because of her home life. Once her dad met her step-mother, everything went down hill for her. Her step-mother wanted nothing to do with her. Her step-mother also didn't want her to have a relationship with her father. Her father nor her step-mother are innocent what so ever!
Brittany McCrum

Pittsburgh, PA

#25 Feb 15, 2012
Nettie wrote:
<quoted text>
Have I offended you in some way? I was commenting on this thread and asked a couple of simple questions. If you do not know the answers just say so! No need to get upset!
I know the answers and I told you them. You just must not understand the answers apparently.
Millie

North Versailles, PA

#26 Feb 15, 2012
Brittany McCrum wrote:
<quoted text>
You think that YOU are the ONLY one to have reliable sources. Well let me tell you something, I have MANY reliable sources. The main sources is my step-mother. She would be the one to know everything, cause it happened to her.
I can see now why you are so defensive. I hope I didn't say anything to upset you my dear. I was unaware that she got married. Good for her. I hope she can live a long happy life. I just don't see why she let Tom Hose control her from day 1. That is what I can not for the life of me understand. She could of left that bedroom and ran away from him yet she stayed like an obedient child. She went from her father and his rules to Tom Hose and his rules.I am sorry I just don't understand how she could of stayed.

Mckeesport, PA

#27 Feb 15, 2012
Millie wrote:
You can disagree with me all you want because I am the ONLY one who knows what it was like for her before her captivity! Everything she has told about her home life and family is the TRUTH! As for Tom Hose telling the TRUTH or his SIDE, do you actually thinks it's going to be the TRUTH? Sorry to break it to everyone but the only TWO people who knows what went on is Tanya and Tom, NOBODY else! All he is going to tell is a FABLE!

Mckeesport, PA

#28 Feb 15, 2012
Brittany McCrum wrote:
<quoted text>
That's funny, then where is that calender? That is a bunch of bull about that calender. I can't tell you how many people, including people in her family have said that he never talked about her, and so many others didn't even know he had a daughter. So what does that tell you? And yes, her running away was because of her home life. Once her dad met her step-mother, everything went down hill for her. Her step-mother wanted nothing to do with her. Her step-mother also didn't want her to have a relationship with her father. Her father nor her step-mother are innocent what so ever!
You are SOO CORRECT Brittany! About the Calander, I NEVER EVER seen where he kept tract of how long she was missing unless he kept it hidden! Like Mr. Fisher stated, Jerry NEVER told him that he HAD a DAUGHTER, I mean come on now! It AMAZES me how they think that her parents are INNOCENT!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 17
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jerry the Kickback Dairy 27 min Summers Eve 2
My step sister caught me pleasuring myself to h... 2 hr Candyman 4
Would you rather get a hand job or the one eyed... 5 hr Phony Comey 9
Dave K doublecross 8 hr Phony Comey 12
Poll Pennsylvania lawmaker Gergely charged with gamb... (Mar '16) Sep 14 Dept of Injustice 70
Gergley charged with gambling and corruption (Mar '16) Sep 14 Dept of Injustice 145
Porkys Pancakes Sep 14 Dept of Injustice 5

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages