Funding cuts to shut 15 food pantries

Aug 11, 2013 | Posted by: roboblogger | Full story: Post-gazette.com

The Greater Pittsburgh Community Food Bank will close 15 food pantries in the Pittsburgh area next month due to some funding cuts and an effort to keep pantries where resources are most needed.

Comments (Page 3)

Showing posts 41 - 52 of52
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Blight Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

free food wrote:
<quoted text>where the hell you been? food stamps went out years ago.....you get an access card now ( like a debit card ) swipe it ,punch in your 4 digit code WALA !.........if you sell that youre f**ked ! LOL!
Always vote or the Santa Claus Gifting Party. We are the majority and got to keep voting ourselves a free ride for everything. Our job is to get the liberal politicians elected so they will gift us to vote for them again and again until the country is bankrupt like Greece.

The teachers and other government workers' free health benefits and pension rides equally participate in Santa Claus government.

It not what can you do for your country, but what can liberal elected officials give me to buy my vote!

It will never end until we are bankrupt like Detroit and Greece.

“My morals return with sunrise”

Since: May 13

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Im not a teabagger wrote:
Just keep blaming everything on the teabaggers!!! I'm a liberal for your information. And I don't want to see any child go hungry. But the responsibility for feeding your children is yours. Everyone needs a helping hand now and then and I see the need for it. WIC is a great program. But to have people on Food stamps for a life time is wrong. Go to the grocery store in McKeesport and you can buy food stamps from someone.$100 worth for $50 ! 5 out of 6 national elections in the last 20 years??? Do you mean 4 out of 6 ?
People aren't on food stamps for life. If youd've read the links we posted, you'd see that 59 percent of people are off the program within 1 year and 87 percent are off the program within 3 years. And no, I meant what I said - 5 out of 6. Let's not pretend the war criminal beat Gore in 2000. He didn't. We know that as fact now. He was appointed by his brother and the SC. If you're a "liberal" you wouldn't be so ignorant to these facts. Stop blaming poor people for this countries problems.
Im not a teabagger

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Hey don't question my political views. My neighbors daughter has been on food stamps since her oldest daughter was born. She just turned 15. She also has a 12 year old and a 9 year old. She also gets a free housing that she turns around and rents out since she lives with her mother! And she gets free health care. I realize her situation may not be the norm but I would bet it happens more than you think. Again I am pro choice, for single payer and encourage government intervention to give a helping hand to any one in need. And as far as Gore winning the election, I would agree he got more votes. He should have been president, we wouldn't be in the mess in Iraq and Afghanistan if he was, but the SC screwed him out of it. Damn those hanging chads!
Im not a teabagger

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Also yes the girl goes in line with you pays $100.00 for your groceries and you give her $50. Food stamps EBT card you know exactly what I mean. Geeze.

“My morals return with sunrise”

Since: May 13

Ravenswood

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Im not a teabagger wrote:
Hey don't question my political views. My neighbors daughter has been on food stamps since her oldest daughter was born. She just turned 15. She also has a 12 year old and a 9 year old. She also gets a free housing that she turns around and rents out since she lives with her mother! And she gets free health care. I realize her situation may not be the norm but I would bet it happens more than you think. Again I am pro choice, for single payer and encourage government intervention to give a helping hand to any one in need. And as far as Gore winning the election, I would agree he got more votes. He should have been president, we wouldn't be in the mess in Iraq and Afghanistan if he was, but the SC screwed him out of it. Damn those hanging chads!
I will always the political views of somebody who thinks food stamps are a "fiscal problem," when almost everyone them works and the total amount spent on them is less than the amount we give to oil companies that make 4 billion in profits PER QUARTER.

And your daughter is a criminal. If she doesn't not occupy the housing taxpayers provide for her, she is guilty of obtaining goods under false pretenses and other public assistance fraud charges, all misdemeanors. If she is renting the space and securing payments, she is guilty of a 3rd degree felony, will never recive government assistance of any kind ever again and will face a minimum prison sentence.
Im not a teabagger

Turtle Creek, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

It's my neighbor's daughter. And she's lived with her mother for 15 years. I think you're very close-minded when it comes to political views. Liberals can have differences of opinion on some issues. We not tea baggers that think the government shouldn't be there to help you when you need it. I just think there needs to be more accountability. I know it's minuscule compared to what the oil companies are given but whats wrong is wrong.
Wag the dog

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

anthony weiner wrote:
Reality 3: SNAP helps to drive the local economy.
According to USDA, every dollar spent on SNAP spurs $1.79 in economic activity. Instead of stunting the U.S. economy, SNAP helps keep up demand for farm products and food, thereby boosting growth and jobs.
Well DAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAMN! Why didnt you say so!

Let's ALL quit our jobs and go on SNAP so we can almsot DOUBLE our economy's money!

(These reports are ALWAYS "spun" by the places whpo publish them - mainly so they can keep the government gravy train moving......)
Danny Boy

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

lick me
Sheik Yerbouti

Furlong, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

It used to be a matter of national pride that no one starves in America. Judging from some of the comments social Darwinism has replaced national pride for a sizable segment of the population!
PussyRioter

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Obamacare taxes aspirin. Why? Because it is white and works. Signed Herbert Spencer
Mike Anthony

Mckees Rocks, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 19, 2013

Judged:

Good, let the NOGS work for their food like us white folk do! Damn NOGS eat better than most on their ACCESS card.
USSA

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 20, 2013

Judged:

bacon hater wrote:
<quoted text>
I will always the political views of somebody who thinks food stamps are a "fiscal problem," when almost everyone them works and the total amount spent on them is less than the amount we give to oil companies that make 4 billion in profits PER QUARTER.
...and the welfare/foodstamp recipient makes how many jobs for people?

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 41 - 52 of52
|
next page >
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent McKeesport Discussions

Search the McKeesport Forum:
Topic Updated Last By Comments
D-Day almost here for politicians and those wit... (Aug '12) 4 hr New Reader 573
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 5 hr D Cheney 3,748
What is REALLY McKeesport's Biggest Problem? (Aug '09) 10 hr Phix Inn 56
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) Sat Capt Lou 51,114
who is running this city? Fri Phix Inn 123
Gas smell in McKeesport last night? 5/12 Fri Enough Is Enough 50
Salvation Army giving slower this year (Dec '13) Jul 11 CaCat 22
•••
•••
•••
•••

McKeesport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••