Governor releases $4.4M for McKeespor...

Governor releases $4.4M for McKeesport revitalization

There are 14 comments on the POP City story from Nov 28, 2006, titled Governor releases $4.4M for McKeesport revitalization. In it, POP City reports that:

On November 27, Governor Rendell presented the City of McKeesport with a $4.4 million funding package to support a revitalization of the area's business district.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at POP City.

Fomer Resident

United States

#1 Dec 4, 2006
Waste of money. They should use the money to clean up Crawford Village and get rid of the crack houses.
Eddie

Pittsburgh, PA

#2 Dec 23, 2006
Fomer Resident wrote:
Waste of money. They should use the money to clean up Crawford Village and get rid of the crack houses.
Clean up Crawford Village??? How about tearing it down.. Tear it down along with the crack houses. The people there live better than my family and I. These people in the projects are driving Escalades and Navigators and don't even work? Must be nice. I am 41 years old and have lived in McKeesport my entire life. Get rid of the bums, the lazy people and make it a better place. It's a shame that McKeesport gets a bad rap because it is not bad. The city has an excellent police and fire department, and is attempting a comeback. A few people give it a bad name that is not deserving. I truly hope that the funds from the Governor are put to good use, such as business related and not put to some unwed mother or single parent agency.
Bob

Saint Clairsville, OH

#3 Jan 29, 2007
Fomer Resident wrote:
Hi, I am a former resident of McKeesport myself and I had to laugh when I saw this article. Of the 4.4 mil I would be suprised if half of is spent properly, there is so much corruption in that city that I would expect the other half to be pocketed by various officials or designated for their own pet projects which I assure you will benefit them financially. The very people the state is entrusting this money to are the ones that are responsible for the curently deplorable condition that the city is in. I would like to hope that the state has appointed someone to oversee the use of these funds because I am tired of our tax money being handed out to enrich the elite few that think the world owes them a living.
I KNOW

Beaver Falls, PA

#4 Mar 29, 2007
This is a good opp to finance a few new stores, stores for some officials to have, poker, and a place to play numbers,some more cop ran coffee shops,you know what kind of places i am speeking about.
This cash will bring more locked in the pocket future of the good CITY of .
Hey i got it , maby they can buy back some of the missing eved they cant account for,before the stste gets ther & starts asking questions.
Who knows what will happen with it ,but i will say this ,they wont be putting in playgrounds, what do you think ?.
Closing Projects

Homestead, PA

#5 Oct 9, 2013
What was revitalized in McKeesport, the politicians pockets and gambling operation? McKeesport and Ronald Melocchi gambling operation of the McKeesport Viking bar? Bought more machine licenses?

The government gave McKeesport money, how's that working out for you?
Closing Projects

Homestead, PA

#6 Oct 9, 2013
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
Clean up Crawford Village??? How about tearing it down.. Tear it down along with the crack houses. The people there live better than my family and I. These people in the projects are driving Escalades and Navigators and don't even work? Must be nice. I am 41 years old and have lived in McKeesport my entire life. Get rid of the bums, the lazy people and make it a better place. It's a shame that McKeesport gets a bad rap because it is not bad. The city has an excellent police and fire department, and is attempting a comeback. A few people give it a bad name that is not deserving. I truly hope that the funds from the Governor are put to good use, such as business related and not put to some unwed mother or single parent agency.
They would lose money if they committed to your suggestion requests. They collect more by leaving it all rundown.
Exactly

Homestead, PA

#7 Oct 11, 2013
Apt of cities aren't trying to become HUDvilles!
They failed

Homestead, PA

#8 Oct 13, 2013
Yeah, who cares about some decrepit, abandoned houses? No one.
Malinwhack

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Oct 13, 2013
Thanks jb
Nope

Homestead, PA

#10 Oct 14, 2013
Eddie wrote:
<quoted text>
They tear your village down? Looks like those you requested to and refusef are the village idiots. They run McKeesport.
Nope

Homestead, PA

#11 Oct 14, 2013
Waste of money.
Nope

Homestead, PA

#12 Oct 14, 2013
Closing Projects wrote:
What was revitalized in McKeesport, the politicians pockets and gambling operation? McKeesport and Ronald Melocchi gambling operation of the McKeesport Viking bar? Bought more machine licenses?
The government gave McKeesport money, how's that working out for you?
As long as the politicians can steal from the government and illegal trades its McKeesport.
Not all

Homestead, PA

#13 Oct 14, 2013
How about have the Sinatra impersonator stand on that sucky graded fly over ramp and sing? He could call it fly me to get stuck at the top of the McKeesport wasteland ramp!
Nick

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Oct 15, 2013
Suck it

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Chuggers bar and sleeping rooms 16 min Jen p 6
Fidget Spinners? 13 hr sillyboy 11
Rosemary was a bag of wind 15 hr Proofs in the ice... 9
yet another shooting Fri Pork Barrel Politics 14
who farted in porkys lunchbox Thu Pork Barrel Politics 7
President Tortorice and Greg Lombardo Jul 20 The Shadow Knows 11
24 hour jitney number (May '14) Jul 18 JerryBrown 12

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance