Posted in the McKeesport Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Recent

New Castle, PA

#1 Feb 23, 2012
1 killed, 1 hurt in overnight McKeesport shooting www.wpxi.com 46 minutes ago
Police in McKeesport said a shooting killed one person and injured. Investigators said the incident happened around 2 a.m. Thursday on Coursin Street.
www.wpxi.com/news/news/local/1...mckeesport-s...
Recent

New Castle, PA

#2 Feb 23, 2012
Thursday February 23, 2012 at 2 A.M.
Curious

Mckeesport, PA

#3 Feb 23, 2012
I am not blaming violent crime in McKeesport on the new Mayor. He has barely had time to warm up the seat yet. He made some big promises about taking initiative against crime. It was the primary plank in his latform. See for yourself:

http://www.cherepkoformayor.com

Has the SCCV he promised "immediately" formed yet? It sounds like a step in the right direction.

I agree with him that violent crime is what keeps people and businesses out of McKeesport. I hope he follows through with his actions and helps make McKeesport safer for all of us.

All the time he has spent being distracted from city operations and crime fighting by the Solictor crash is hurtful.

His first step to combat crime is to free himself from the distraction and embarrassment of the solicitor.
John Q Portman

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Feb 23, 2012
This is perfect, 2 more down. Get the drugs out of town by killing the dealers and Users. What ever works. They are killing each other at a rate higher than anywhere else in the state. The Port even out scores Filthadelphia in that arena. Why would anyone be out on Coursin St. or anywhere near those hoods at 2 am. They got what they deserved. At least they are shooting each other and not innocent bystanders in drive bys.... yet... that is what will put the final nail in the coffin of the Port. No Mayor or council Idiots can do 1 thing about this. It is out of control. If Holtzman was chief, they might have a chance to slow it down, but as long as these people are in your beloved city... they will keep shooting each other. Get them their automatic weapons so they can do it faster and more efficiently.
Joke

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Feb 23, 2012
This is AWESOME!!!!! I crack up every time I read this stuff!!! Keep cleaning it up should be the city motto... not Bringing it back!!
Stop running your mouth

Knoxville, TN

#6 Feb 23, 2012
Get your facts straight before you comment. I am know these people Neither one of these people were selling or buying drugs. Before you ASSUME shut up and pray!!!
Stop running your mouth

Knoxville, TN

#7 Feb 23, 2012
matter of fact John!!! How dare you say someone got what they deserved when you dont know the situation or the people? Are you serious right now? Someone died and was hurt and both were innocent bystanders not gang bangers or drug users or dealers!!!!
Joke

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Feb 23, 2012
I am don't know them,. and am don't need to... if you are out down there.. you are drunk or a druggie/Dealer or Pimp/Dealer. Keep Cleaning it up!!! No respectable citizen is cruisin 5th Ave at 2:30am on a Wednesday/Thursday am. Here is the score Society 4 Port 0.....
John Q Portman

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Feb 23, 2012
Coursin st. is even worse. Did the bullets go up stairs through many walls and kill someone laying in their bed? No... there are no innocent bystanders in the hood at 2 am anywhere. Maybe the guy who crashed was running from the shooting scene? Sounds more likely than 2 random deaths in the port, where no murderis random.. it is ALWAYS drug related. Also, there are no real gang bangers in teh port.. they are wanna be punks who get what they deserve for being a drain on society. That is 3 more I will not have to pay for... and 1 I will as he sits in prison.
Jack

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Feb 23, 2012
WOW!!!!! Genious!!!!! They need to take the criminals who survive and go to prison, and make their family pay instead of us tax payers who actually contribute to society in a positive way.
He is a John

Mckeesport, PA

#12 Feb 23, 2012
John Q Portman wrote:
This is perfect, 2 more down. Get the drugs out of town by killing the dealers and Users. What ever works. They are killing each other at a rate higher than anywhere else in the state. The Port even out scores Filthadelphia in that arena. Why would anyone be out on Coursin St. or anywhere near those hoods at 2 am. They got what they deserved. At least they are shooting each other and not innocent bystanders in drive bys.... yet... that is what will put the final nail in the coffin of the Port. No Mayor or council Idiots can do 1 thing about this. It is out of control. If Holtzman was chief, they might have a chance to slow it down, but as long as these people are in your beloved city... they will keep shooting each other. Get them their automatic weapons so they can do it faster and more efficiently.
It sounds like you have first hand experience of being out perusing for drugs (or something else) at 2:00AM in the Port.
Stop running your mouth

Knoxville, TN

#14 Feb 24, 2012
Read the paper today you idoits! They were sister and brother. I am Not a drug dealer you bastards!! These were my relatives!!!
Stop running your mouth

Knoxville, TN

#15 Feb 24, 2012
Be careful what you say about others because one day it may happen to you or your relatives!!!Then you will know first hand what it feels like. You reap what you sow!!!
Stop running your mouth

Knoxville, TN

#16 Feb 24, 2012
Joke and John opinions are like buttholes everyone one has one. In my eyes you dont exist. I dont know you and dont care to cause both of you are BRAINLESS!!! Learn how to read and comprehend what you are reading before making a comment. Then help your community instead of complaining and running your mouth without all the facts. I blame people like you that live in McKeeport/Pittsburgh for the death of Aaron!!!! You sit on your behind and complain but you dont do anything. You allow innocent college students and a teacher assistant like Aaron and his get sister get shot in a parking lot. You know the area and because you dont put reach out to your community you allow it to go on!!!! You vote crooks into office.(Thats if you can vote) You complain about things and but do nothing. You are just as bad as the dude with the gun in his hand and the drug dealer on the corner! You are just as much responsible for this shooting as them. Then you sit on your behind and accuse me an educated person and business owner of being a drug dealer when I speak up for the innocent. You both are cowards and totally brainless. You think you are exempt cause sit behind your computer and say hateful things about people you dont know. One day when this happens to you or your loved one. You will be looking for me and my family to apologize for you brainless comments you made about Aaron and his sister. But hold yourself responsible for because you failed your community ONCE AGAIN because you complained and spoke bad about the dead instead of trying to stop CRIME.
Update

Monongahela, PA

#17 Feb 24, 2012
McKEESPORT Police are investigating the fatal shooting of a former Monessen man.

McKeesport police Capt. of Detectives Tim Hanna said officers were called to the HiView Gardens apartment complex off Coursin Street 2:05 a.m. Thursday for a shooting in the parking lot.

A male victim identified by the Allegheny County Medical Examiner's office as Arron Crable, 23, of Clairton was taken to UPMC McKeesport where he was pronounced dead at 4:32 a.m.

Crable is a Monessen High School graduate.

An unidentified female shooting victim was treated at the McKeesport hospital and transferred to a trauma center in Pittsburgh. Hanna said she was believed to be in stable condition.

Details of what led to the shooting were not available. Hanna said the victims were found in the HiView parking lot near building 520.

As of presstime Thursday, there had been no arrests in connection with the shootings.

McKeesport Mayor Michael Cherepko said he was disheartened to hear about the shooting.

"I'm taking this pretty tough, this being the first homicide under my time as mayor," said Cherepko, who was sworn in last month.

Cherepko said he has faith that police, the Allegheny County District Attorney's office, local churches and community leaders are doing all they can to reduce violence in the city, but, "unfortunately, we still have incidents that occur like this now and then."

Cherepko said the city is trying to prevent crime, noting police foot patrols took place at the apartment complex about an hour before the shooting occurred.

He said community involvement is key to reducing crime, but added, "I don't think you ever stop it totally."

Allegheny County police also are investigating the shooting.

Retired Monessen High School Principal Randy Marino said Crable was a jovial and helpful student who played football for the school and was in the band.

Marino said he heard about the shooting incident while visiting the high school Thursday morning.

"He was a very, very good kid. It's sad," Marino said. "He actually was an office assistant with our school counselor. I would see him a good bit in the office. He had a great personality. It's a shocker."

Crable's mother, Fontana, has been an educator in the Monessen School District for 39 years, Superintendent Linda Marcolini said.

She currently is teaching at the elementary center.

Marcolini said the school was notified of Crable's death Thursday morning, and grief counseling for students and staff members was offered throughout the school day.

"We did some quick actions. This morning, we had a staff meeting," Marcolini said. "It's very difficult. This morning was the most difficult. We're trying to hold together for our students."

Staff writer Jeff Pikulsky contributed to this report.

Read more: Monessen grad killed in McKeesport - Pittsburgh Tribune-Review http://www.pittsburghlive.com/x/pittsburghtri...
Belle Vernon IP

Monessen, PA

#18 Feb 25, 2012
I am sorry for your loss. Ignore these haters/idiots. They have no respect, yet demand it.
Bad move

Elizabeth, PA

#19 Feb 25, 2012
Belle Vernon IP wrote:
I am sorry for your loss. Ignore these haters/idiots. They have no respect, yet demand it.
Only drug dealers and users areout in that lot at 2:30am. Don't want shot. don't out yourself in position to get shot. Period. The guy went to Monesson, and lived in Clairton, and was hangin in the hood of the Port at 2:30am.... adds up to no good drug activity. No respect warranted. Good riddance to all the drug infested hood rats. Society 4--- Port Drug Rats 0
Anonymous

Wexford, PA

#20 Feb 25, 2012
A yal kno I don't don't giv a fly'n f**k but ppl have live's so instead of the boring ol' same ol' $hyt he could have been with he's gurl or something
Hotshot

Washington, DC

#21 Feb 26, 2012
John Q Portman wrote:
No John, this city has the problems it has because too many people like you think like you! You think that1 plus 1 = 3 or more. You get the drugs out of town by killing the people who bring them in, and it not the dealers or user, nor those who live in the areas you are always stereotyping! The way you talk, like there are no dealers and users where you live there is a high probability that the drug importers and financers live where you live, while you just want to blame the "usual suspects".
You are right about this being one thing though this being the one thing that will put the final nail in the Port. The reason why it is happening is because the very same people you and too many brain-dead morons like you have been deriding, REALLY HAVE BEEN THE VICTIMS, NOT THE PERPETRATORS! Decades ago, the very same group of people you point at being the criminals neverdealt drugs and it was people like you who brought them in and pushed them in those areas that you like to blame as being the cause when it was "pillars of the community" who lived in Halier Heights, White Oak, and other surrouding suburbs who were pumping the drugs in the Black community with the Blacks being the innocent victims [I watched it happen]! Now it's like poetic justice, because the very same people who have been victims for too many decades, are now tearing this city apart, brick by brick like SAMSON SAYING Since we can't live together in peace, "NOW LET ME DIE WITH MY ENEMIES!". in a spiritual karmetic backlash because the city's time is now at hand for all of it's iniquities it has committed, it's cup runneth over!
night owls beware

Pittsburgh, PA

#22 Feb 27, 2012
I have been able to go 44 years without being jailed or shot in ANY situation.....

Maybe I am just sheltered but I will agree with the other poster who said that if you do not want to get into trouble, keep yourself out of trouble's way (paraphrasing).

If you are awake on Coursin street at 2:30 am and there is a shooting and you are involved in it, chances are you were doing something you shouldnt have been doing.

All the pimps and gangstas (black AND white) "livin' large" and "ballin'" is the problem.

Average, work-a-day people are safe and sound in their homes sleeping at 2:30 am.

If the people involved in this incident would have been in bed sleeping they likely would not have been shot.

Its not rocket science.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) 6 min Small Toe Knee 193
Four Allegheny County Residents Sentenced for W... 18 hr Confucious 6
Vote Fawn Out 21 hr Fawn 4 Reform Mayor 42
Entire narcotics unit in McKeesport named in pa... (Apr '12) 21 hr Willer Diller 167
yo Sat Ness 3
4 shootings just last night! (May '13) Sat The Facts 87
McKeesport Election Fri Hobo Jim 26
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 3:48 pm PST