Where do you see McKeesport in 5 years ?

Where do you see McKeesport in 5 years ?

Created by istillcare on Mar 8, 2011

343 votes

Click on an option to vote

landfill

revitalized

there will be nothing left after 2012

new leadership

war zone

without a hospital

no longer "city status"

home sweet home

Yeah

New Castle, PA

#82 Aug 21, 2012
Hotshot wrote:
<quoted text>
And it will be because they are full of shit, not you! They botch having that giagantic shopping center constructed along the river side near the marina, because the mayor and the mob was trying to get their payoff off the top, so they deferred their original plan went and built it in Homestead because of that! Can you imagine all the local jobs for people living in McKeesport that were lost because of this, and imagine all of the lost revenue for the city, because of the mayor, the mob, and politics?
At least the area public transportation system is financed. One more year for a bandaid solution.
Yeah

New Castle, PA

#83 Aug 21, 2012
It takes the strong to stay. To deal with the same immature mentality for life easy? I'm going to tear my house down first. I have a deal ongoing to do it. That's to make certain no one else gets to deal with idiots. Someone wanted the house? Takes the weak to stay after time. It's more leaving a bad investment rather than strong or weak either way. That is, as regards staying or leaving. Make sure no one else has to deal with the low intellect on your way out.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#84 Aug 21, 2012
I just thought I'd leave my house standing, let the crack heads tear out all the copper and anything of value, maybe have some indigent drunk turn one room into a Abandominium, fix it up with a kerosene heater, candles, a mattress on the floor, a cooler to keep their beer and chipped ham cold, people running in and out at all hours of the day & night, see how my neighbors like that, the same neighbors that I have made numerous attempts to get together to DO something and they just bitch right down...let them deal with it, they are so good at turning their heads to drugs, drinking, violence, child abuse/neglect, filth and general mayhem. One more little crack house won't hurt.
Expect more

New Castle, PA

#85 Aug 21, 2012
That's quite a neighborhood, but like most in McKeesport. Most leaving McKeesport don't seem to be able to sell easy. Most cannot sell at all and simply leave them abandoned.
Census Taker

Mckeesport, PA

#86 Aug 21, 2012
I would project a population of about 16,000 and 200 employees.
Population Zero

Pittsburgh, PA

#87 Sep 6, 2012
McKeesport, Duquesne, Homestead, Braddock, North Braddock, Rankin, East Pittsburgh, North Versailles and the surrounding Mon-Valley will be like the City of Detroit in 5 to 10 years.
Cul the Herd

Mckeesport, PA

#88 Sep 6, 2012
Population Zero wrote:
McKeesport, Duquesne, Homestead, Braddock, North Braddock, Rankin, East Pittsburgh, North Versailles and the surrounding Mon-Valley will be like the City of Detroit in 5 to 10 years.
Or sooner!
David the Duke

Mckeesport, PA

#89 Sep 6, 2012
Cul the Herd wrote:
<quoted text>
Or sooner!
Be careful what you post, next the "authorities" will want to merge all these loser municipalities into one big loser city like Detroit.
Btr

United States

#90 Sep 6, 2012
This will not be happening on Collins Street. Not on the Justice League's watch. Right, Glenn? Street Senses are tingling.

Ben
Brother of Gtr, Defender of the Street

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#91 Sep 7, 2012
Ahhh, but it will be happening in the Barn, Wooly. I have insider information that The Machine has plans to merge your adobe (aka Barn) with Ken F.'s kennels, located on Lysle Blvd. As soon as they can locate a cage large enough to hold your big Mama it's a go, pal. Maybe I'll stop by and slop your Mama some night, and feed her potato skins through the cage! They are shearing your fur (after a thorough cleaning and disinfecting, of course) and plan to donate it to Angora Farms for those that make those crafts...put that in your loom and spin it! FACT!
White Lightning

Elizabeth, PA

#92 Oct 17, 2013
Who are they bullshytting ?? It's not 'City' status now - nor is the skool district Quad A . I said it years ago , if it wasn't for the local piss-ant Dem politicians hoping to hold onto their welfare fed political positions - this whole Mon-Valley should be called the Greater Braddock Slumland. It's all the same except the arse-holes here who think it's still McKeesport 1970 . Get your fangs & your family off of our backs .
Drakoola Lightning

Elizabeth, PA

#93 Oct 29, 2013
The once prosperous Kingdom will be known as 'The Boro of South Braddock '. Funny thing is - Braddock still has it's major tax base -U.S.Steel. So why was this town in a state of total failure before 1980 when all the other mills in the valley operated until 1982 to 1984 ?? Ask the locals (I have), they say simply 'dirty politics'. So now we have this shyt-hole that really is no longer 3rd class city status , with these egotistical , arrogant arse-holes called the MDC who believe it's 1970 all over again & they can still rake in the kickbacks & $$$ from the numbers racket like the old days . What the fack are yinz smoking ? Wake up - it's a ghetto dump led by inbred morons believing what their professional butt-lickers blow up their asses to keep their comfy positions. The truth - you can't handle the truth .
Big Papi

United States

#94 Oct 30, 2013
What color sox???? Red Sox beeeyooootch
smh

Darby, PA

#95 Oct 31, 2013
Merge them with duquesne
It cant be any worse
ATV Outlaw

United States

#96 Nov 2, 2013
White Lightning wrote:
Look at the statistics for this ghetto dump of a once thriving city. This report is 4 years old , you know it's far worse now. Yet, the politically depraved continue to elect these same old, useless Dem. bums & their familes to the MDC, School Board & other connected posts. C'mon mayor & senator, explain the last 10 years or more of this place being in the bottom percentile of the statee. VIOLENT CRIME EXCEEDS NAT'L. AVG.. WHY ? What do you do for your money ?
==========
Crime Report for McKeesport, Pennsylvania
The HomeSurfer crime rating for McKeesport, Pennsylvania is 0.3 out of a possible 5 total points. Higher ratings indicate that your area is safer. The HomeSurfer crime rating is calculated depending on how the crime rate in your city compares with crime in the state and the nation. Violent crime is weighed more heavily than property crime, and the national ranking is more important than the state ranking.
See 2004 Crime Reports for PA
McKeesport Crime Rating (higher ratings are better) Violent Crime Rate
Data comes from the FBI Uniform Crime Rate database for 2008.
McKeesport, Pennsylvania has a violent crime rate of 1499 incidents per 100,000 people. This compares with a rate of 491 in Pennsylvania and a rate of 676 nationally. Lower numbers are better, indicating that fewer crimes happen per person in the population.
Violent Crime Rate- Incidents per 100,000
McKeesport - 1499 , PA - 491, National - 676
McKeesport, Pennsylvania is in the 99% percentile rank in the state for Violent Crime. It is in the 96% percentile rank nationally. Lower numbers are better. In this case, 99% of cities in Pennsylvania have crime rates equal to or lower than McKeesport, or said another way, 1% of cities in Pennsylvania have crime rates higher than McKeesport.
Review crime rate data for McKeesport, Pa.
Crime
McKeesport
PA
Nation
Violent Crime Total
Murder / NNH
Forcible Rape
Robbery Rate
Aggravated Assault
Property Crime Total
Burglary
Larceny Theft
Motor Vehicle Theft
Arson
Best/Worst crime areas in Pennsylvania
Property Crime Rate
Property crime includes burglary, larceny, vehicle theft, and arson. Data comes from the FBI Uniform Crime Rate database for 2008.
McKeesport, Pennsylvania has a property crime rate of 3854.9 incidents per 100,000 people. This compares with an average rate of 2662.4 in Pennsylvania and an average rate of 3727 incidents per 100,000 nationally. Lower numbers are better, indicating that fewer crimes happen per person in the population.
You forgot to mention the violent ATV Offenders that Tedesco Walker segina and soles made a criminal offense
south park lad

Elizabeth, PA

#97 Jan 1, 2014
Down to 4 years now . Boro status . Shed the prostitute politicians . A Boro don't need that many .
lol

Elizabeth, PA

#98 Jan 16, 2015
Two Years wrote:
<quoted text>I agree Sluggo. The next mayor will commit political career suicide in two years – a one term mayor.

Just what are Mike and AJ and Lori thinking?

This is the only time in City history that a political victory will be condemnation to a political death chamber
LOL LOL LOL. I guess all this goes to show what an incredible job the student mayor is doing!! You guys spout off and don't realize what your doing. Cherepko looks like a freakin hero because of all your rhetoric... I guess he is !
Legal Corruption

Elizabeth, PA

#99 Jan 17, 2015
lol wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL LOL LOL. I guess all this goes to show what an incredible job the student mayor is doing!! You guys spout off and don't realize what your doing. Cherepko looks like a freakin hero because of all your rhetoric... I guess he is !
He is a hero. He will win at least two more elections and then move on to replace JB. The Mob Valley will continue to languish and sink into the cesspool of UNDETECTED crime and corruption.

The major businesses and sources of income will be attributed to the unfettered video machine industry. I think that Steel Valley School should include this enterprise in their vocational course curriculum.

Select or very weak law enforcement and prosecutorial desecration abuses are and will continue to be the problems.

To the victors belong the spoils and long live the machine.

Population of the City will continue to decline. The City fireman will price themselves out of the paid fire department market with their most recent very generous union contract.
lou snutz

Mckeesport, PA

#100 Jan 17, 2015
The city will be a bigger ghetto than it already is. The brothers chased out all of the hard working people. You all took over beautiful homes and trashed them. Keep making babies, we'll support them. Why don't you all form your own state somewhere. Preferably an island somewhere far.
Harry Ballz

West Mifflin, PA

#101 Jan 17, 2015
If any guys needs a handjob and can afford 3 bucks see Doris on Versailles Ave on Weds night........you cant miss her , she has glow in the dark pink boots.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fracking in Renzie Park (Sep '15) 8 hr Drill Baby Drill 54
Memorial Day Flags in Renzie Park (Jun '16) 8 hr Swamp Skunk 8
Boy Mayor Cuts Sewer Deal - and it STINKS (Sep '16) 8 hr Swamp Skunk 14
democratic vs republician 8 hr Swamp Skunk 2
Our Mayor SUX Thu Swamp Skunk 4
How to find? Thu Ready Fiveskin 5
Paul Shelly Obama Snowflake Voter Thu Swamp Skunk 6

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance