Coulterville Cemetery in McKeesport
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Bismarck, ND

#22 Apr 12, 2012
All you people are crazy I grew up in Coulter and yes there are 3 cemetaries. There was an orphanage that did burn down. It was located right around the area where the catholic church is at the end of the road. dont know if it is still there but there used to be old remenants of it like the foundation etc but that was in the 60's when I was a kid. Thirteen bends is on what was called robins station road. The origianl catholic church burnt down to. We used to party in those cemetaries never saw a ghost. One thing is right back when I lived there the only people you would have to worry about was the people of the town there was no law just a joke of a constable so the men of the town were the law and if you came looking for trouble oh you found it. The hangmans tree is in Elizabeth on the road you take to get to cemetary by the railroad tracks it used to have a hudge limb hang right over the road. They did have a care taker there when I wa s tennager and he would chase you and even shoot his shotgun in the air because we were tresspassing. So who ever comes up with these ghost stories they were around when we were kids and not one of them is true. Just mom and dads trying to make sure there kids got home before dark LOL But hey if you all do see some ghosts they probably no me so tell Hack said HI
charles frye

Vandergrift, PA

#23 May 8, 2013
where is this
Dead Mans Hollow

Mckeesport, PA

#24 May 8, 2013
When I was a kid our Boys Scout group would camp in Dead Man's hollow.
Innocent Lad

Columbus, OH

#25 May 8, 2013
A hobo tried to touch my junk at Coulter. Said he was authorized to body search all visitors. What a pervo...went by the name of Jim.
Hobo Jane

Mckeesport, PA

#26 May 8, 2013
Innocent Lad wrote:
A hobo tried to touch my junk at Coulter. Said he was authorized to body search all visitors. What a pervo...went by the name of Jim.
And Hobo Jim told me your junk was minute, corroded, deformed, and decrepit and ready for the bone yard. He opted not to do a search because nothing was visible to the naked eye.

Cleveland, OH

#27 Sep 14, 2014
It was about 50 years ago my friends and I went to 13 graves.. Not sure but it seemed we drove thru a land fill type area. Anyhow it was the boonies. As we got out of the car, the dog chain attached to a dog run started to move in both directions as if an angered dog was attached.
I was the first in the car.
none_of_the_abov e

United States

#28 Sep 15, 2014
According to family history, my great-grandfather who was the first to come here, is buried in an unmarked grave in the cemetery at the corner of Lincoln Way and Coulter Road. Who takes care of that cemetery?

Mckeesport, PA

#29 Sep 21, 2014
Nice history and interesting reading. Keep up the informative post.

Donora, PA

#30 Feb 6, 2015
Does anybody know if Art Rooney's birth home in coulter is still standing? and would you happen to know the name of the saloon that his father Dan Rooney opened in Coulter? any help would be appreciated. Thank You.

Mckeesport, PA

#31 Feb 6, 2015
I think name of bar was dutch's place. They had 50 flavors of 40oz.....!!!!!
marilyn manson

Pittsburgh, PA

#32 Mar 18, 2015
Me. I'm buried there and you Little beeyotch's don't understand how hard I rock. 13 bends for life
Lad of Innocence

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Mar 19, 2015
A skeleton hobo tried to touch my pee pee....some type of hobo ghoul or something. What a pervazoid.
Ruby Cvetan

San Bruno, CA

#34 Apr 12, 2015
Back in 1962-1965 I lived in Coulterville, from 5th -8th grades, before moving to California. I remember being told that there had been an orphanage down at the end of the Tourman St on the right, next to the small Catholic Church, and that it had burned down back when that area had been a thriving coal mining area with hotels on the other side of the river. Back then you could still see the remains of a few of those hotels across the river, up closer to the "front end of town". Our family still owns a parcel of land there, across from where the old school house used to be before it became the holding building for the school buses, before it was torn down.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Marshall Posts Keep Disappearing 3 hr Mr nobody 3
Glassport Forum (Nov '10) 5 hr Fire Marshall Bill 15
News Pennsylvania schools gaming funds sent to chart... 7 hr Manny 44
Glassport taxes going up again... 20 hr merry xmas 43
Crushed velvet Thu Unknown 9
Fawn Walker for State Represenative??? Will you... Thu Corbet 97
Crawford Village Nov 24 Touchable Ness 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages