Comments
1 - 20 of 77 Comments Last updated Jan 28, 2013
First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Are you Nuts

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#1
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

19

16

14

For all you MYBO Basher out there, please ride past Helen Richie field today between 10:00 am and 1:30 and see what is going on.
A free Baseball Clinic with 15 Cal Ripken Foundation Coaches and several Pirates.
Sports Expert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#2
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

23

22

16

That's funny.... this is not MYBO... it is the Boys and Girls Club that set that up with MLB Players Association. The people from MYBO tried to keep it quiet so noone else would attend.. but the word got out. The Boys Club Bussed their kids up to the field and Several other organizations are participating. Teams from White Oak Athletic Association, Norwin, MBA, and even a few MYBO are here. It is also includes Girls from WOAA, MALTAA, Norwin, and PAL. This is a camp put together by MLB and is open to the public. It is a Boys Club thing. You do not have to be a current baseball player to be here. To claim this is MYBO is a complete understatement and inaccurate. I am here... where are you? Andrew McCutcheon is scheduled to appear in about 15 minutes.
Are you Nuts

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#3
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

19

16

13

Sports Expert wrote:
That's funny.... this is not MYBO... it is the Boys and Girls Club that set that up with MLB Players Association. The people from MYBO tried to keep it quiet so noone else would attend.. but the word got out. The Boys Club Bussed their kids up to the field and Several other organizations are participating. Teams from White Oak Athletic Association, Norwin, MBA, and even a few MYBO are here. It is also includes Girls from WOAA, MALTAA, Norwin, and PAL. This is a camp put together by MLB and is open to the public. It is a Boys Club thing. You do not have to be a current baseball player to be here. To claim this is MYBO is a complete understatement and inaccurate. I am here... where are you? Andrew McCutcheon is scheduled to appear in about 15 minutes.
Ask the Kids from WOAA & PAL how they heard about it and who Invited them. Andrew McCutcheon is not the only pirate going to be there.
Sports Expert

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#4
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

20

18

15

No, McCutcheon is the biggest name. They were not invited by anyone. They are participating organizations and were notified by Mr. Bob and The Boys Clubm, not MYBO. Some day you will realize there is a distinct difference. MYBO is not the Boys Club... they operate seperatly from the Boys Club. I can tell you specifically there were coaches from MYBO trying to not let anyone else know. MLBPA saw to it that the Boys Club reached out to the community. The daily News even helped out. They are here too. Just so you know... I am one of the people who spread the word in the community.... so you are not going to turn this into a MYBO thing... it is clearly way bigger than MYBO. JB is here... but his MYBO Elite 12u are conspicuous in their absence. I coach Flag and Dek here at the BC.. so you are not speaking to someone who does not know how MYBO operates. Now.. I am going to go help out... let you know how well things went inspite of MYBLOW
Are you Nuts

Pittsburgh, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#5
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

12

11

7

Sports Expert wrote:
No, McCutcheon is the biggest name. They were not invited by anyone. They are participating organizations and were notified by Mr. Bob and The Boys Clubm, not MYBO. Some day you will realize there is a distinct difference. MYBO is not the Boys Club... they operate seperatly from the Boys Club. I can tell you specifically there were coaches from MYBO trying to not let anyone else know. MLBPA saw to it that the Boys Club reached out to the community. The daily News even helped out. They are here too. Just so you know... I am one of the people who spread the word in the community.... so you are not going to turn this into a MYBO thing... it is clearly way bigger than MYBO. JB is here... but his MYBO Elite 12u are conspicuous in their absence. I coach Flag and Dek here at the BC.. so you are not speaking to someone who does not know how MYBO operates. Now.. I am going to go help out... let you know how well things went inspite of MYBLOW
1st my Kids do not play for MYBO and I do understand that MYBO and the Boys club are very very seperate. At least 20 Kids from WOAA and 4 kids from PAL heard about this camp through MYBO, not Directly from JB but JB ask someone else to ask Kids. JB would never turn a kid away now maybe some of his Coaches.... This is bigger then MYBO, I agree with that. Bob Pochciol has done a good job in replacing Tom, along with Tim Brown and Heather and all of the underpaid staff and volunteers at the Larossa Boys & Girls Club. At least it seems we can agree with that. I just get tired of the constanted MYBO bashing. MYBO has done some good things along with other Organizations and they do some things worng along with other Organizations. So if you are volunteering right now, keep up the great work and Thanks.
robo

Gibsonia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#6
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

11

10

7

Sports Expert wrote:
No, McCutcheon is the biggest name. They were not invited by anyone. They are participating organizations and were notified by Mr. Bob and The Boys Clubm, not MYBO. Some day you will realize there is a distinct difference. MYBO is not the Boys Club... they operate seperatly from the Boys Club. I can tell you specifically there were coaches from MYBO trying to not let anyone else know. MLBPA saw to it that the Boys Club reached out to the community. The daily News even helped out. They are here too. Just so you know... I am one of the people who spread the word in the community.... so you are not going to turn this into a MYBO thing... it is clearly way bigger than MYBO. JB is here... but his MYBO Elite 12u are conspicuous in their absence. I coach Flag and Dek here at the BC.. so you are not speaking to someone who does not know how MYBO operates. Now.. I am going to go help out... let you know how well things went inspite of MYBLOW
if you hate this person J.B. and MYBO why not confront him instead of putting him down every chance you get under different names .
parent

Mount Morris, MI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#7
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

15

13

8

Sports Expert wrote:
No, McCutcheon is the biggest name. They were not invited by anyone. They are participating organizations and were notified by Mr. Bob and The Boys Clubm, not MYBO. Some day you will realize there is a distinct difference. MYBO is not the Boys Club... they operate seperatly from the Boys Club. I can tell you specifically there were coaches from MYBO trying to not let anyone else know. MLBPA saw to it that the Boys Club reached out to the community. The daily News even helped out. They are here too. Just so you know... I am one of the people who spread the word in the community.... so you are not going to turn this into a MYBO thing... it is clearly way bigger than MYBO. JB is here... but his MYBO Elite 12u are conspicuous in their absence. I coach Flag and Dek here at the BC.. so you are not speaking to someone who does not know how MYBO operates. Now.. I am going to go help out... let you know how well things went inspite of MYBLOW
Im not against any organization my children are former Div. 1 atheletes. I had my grandchildren there. This was never advertised by mybo at all. This was word of mouth and kids of all ages sizes colors and gender were there. It was great. Eveeryone needs to quit taking credit for a fun day for the kids. Remember it was kids...
Cut your Whining

Glassport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#8
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Both of you...take it outside! We don't need that kind of stuff going on here on Topix. He said...she said...they said...they didn't say...that's all grammar school kid stuff. Grow up and be adults. This is Topix!!!
Yeah

Ambridge, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#9
Jul 3, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Why is everyone over obsessed with sports? Emotional about baseball teams? Lol, no crying on baseball!
Wimps

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#10
Jul 3, 2012
 
Baseball Fan

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#11
Jul 4, 2012
 

Judged:

15

15

13

Sports Expert wrote:
That's funny.... this is not MYBO... it is the Boys and Girls Club that set that up with MLB Players Association. The people from MYBO tried to keep it quiet so noone else would attend.. but the word got out. The Boys Club Bussed their kids up to the field and Several other organizations are participating. Teams from White Oak Athletic Association, Norwin, MBA, and even a few MYBO are here. It is also includes Girls from WOAA, MALTAA, Norwin, and PAL. This is a camp put together by MLB and is open to the public. It is a Boys Club thing. You do not have to be a current baseball player to be here. To claim this is MYBO is a complete understatement and inaccurate. I am here... where are you? Andrew McCutcheon is scheduled to appear in about 15 minutes.
So called expert, you have no idea of all the hard work that people from the boys club, MYBO, Ripken, Pirate charities, RBI, and the city of McKeesport put into this to make it happen. I just happen to coach a team in Mt Vernon and was personally asked by MYBO coaches to spread the word to our entire organization about this great clinic. Being someone who grew up in McKeesport, I can appreciate what organizations like MYBO, MBA, MALTAA, AND THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB do. They are all groups that bring a positive light to McKeesport. This event was well attended by surrounding communities that were in fact invited by MYBO and their coaches. It was something positive that McKeesport can be proud of and then you have people like yourself that come on here and bash it under an alias acting like you know something. Maybe instead of running your mouth you should learn to appreciate the people that help run these organizations and give their time to make McKeesport a better place! Great Job MYBO, Ripken, RBI, Boys Club, City of McKeesport, and a special thanks to the Pirates that came out.
Eyes On The Tigers

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#12
Jul 4, 2012
 

Judged:

17

16

15

Baseball Fan wrote:
<quoted text>So called expert, you have no idea of all the hard work that people from the boys club, MYBO, Ripken, Pirate charities, RBI, and the city of McKeesport put into this to make it happen. I just happen to coach a team in Mt Vernon and was personally asked by MYBO coaches to spread the word to our entire organization about this great clinic. Being someone who grew up in McKeesport, I can appreciate what organizations like MYBO, MBA, MALTAA, AND THE BOYS AND GIRLS CLUB do. They are all groups that bring a positive light to McKeesport. This event was well attended by surrounding communities that were in fact invited by MYBO and their coaches. It was something positive that McKeesport can be proud of and then you have people like yourself that come on here and bash it under an alias acting like you know something. Maybe instead of running your mouth you should learn to appreciate the people that help run these organizations and give their time to make McKeesport a better place! Great Job MYBO, Ripken, RBI, Boys Club, City of McKeesport, and a special thanks to the Pirates that came out.
Looking at the news paper today, it looks like this Barry guy that some on here like to bash so much was a big part in getting this to be held in McKeesport. I also noticed that this was put on by Ripken, Pirate charities, and RBI, which Barry Just so happens to sit on their board! He is someone who seems to want to give back to his community to give kids opportunities that they would not otherwise get. Overall this is something that was a good thing for a city that can use positive publicity! To all involved great job.
Are you Nuts

Beaver Falls, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#13
Jul 4, 2012
 
Are you Nuts

Beaver Falls, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#14
Jul 4, 2012
 
Real Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#15
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

16

14

13

My son was at the event, and he had a blast. Big thanks to everyone involved for making this happen in our area. I do not live in the Port... and NEVER will.... let's get that straight. Renzie PArk is a great asset to our entire area, and should not be labeled as in McKeesport. The county should take over it's operation so more people would attend events there. BAck to the issue.. this Barry person strutted around like he was king sh*t, and was too self important. He can take a lesson from Andrew McCutcheon, a candidate for MVP and MLB All Star. HE was not too good for the kids. It was great to see LBAA and PVAA, and the bunch from MT Vernon and White Oak there as well. This shows how Renzie park can be so much more than the Port. It is an asset that is just not utilized proper;y. BArry is a member of the local area Ripken Baseball, because Little League Baseball of America wants nothing to do with his MYBO teams. HE had no where else to turn. They have a great relationship with the Boys and Girls CLub of America, so he has an automatic asociation opportunity because the Boys CLub Allows him to piggy back on them because they did not have their own Baseball programs. MBA, WO, MT Vernon, LBAA, and even Port Vue are all more respected than the MYBO people. This was a great event, but it was NOT a MYBO event... everyone should be given equal credit and huge thanks to MLBPA and the Pittsburgh Pirates for driving interest in Baseball. oh.. and I am not the same person as the other PEOPLE on here exposing this guy as a publicity hungry arrogant ..well... you get the point.
Ugly people be quiet

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#16
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

3

3

2

Real Parent wrote:
My son was at the event, and he had a blast. Big thanks to everyone involved for making this happen in our area. I do not live in the Port... and NEVER will.... let's get that straight. Renzie PArk is a great asset to our entire area, and should not be labeled as in McKeesport. The county should take over it's operation so more people would attend events there. BAck to the issue.. this Barry person strutted around like he was king sh*t, and was too self important. He can take a lesson from Andrew McCutcheon, a candidate for MVP and MLB All Star. HE was not too good for the kids. It was great to see LBAA and PVAA, and the bunch from MT Vernon and White Oak there as well. This shows how Renzie park can be so much more than the Port. It is an asset that is just not utilized proper;y. BArry is a member of the local area Ripken Baseball, because Little League Baseball of America wants nothing to do with his MYBO teams. HE had no where else to turn. They have a great relationship with the Boys and Girls CLub of America, so he has an automatic asociation opportunity because the Boys CLub Allows him to piggy back on them because they did not have their own Baseball programs. MBA, WO, MT Vernon, LBAA, and even Port Vue are all more respected than the MYBO people. This was a great event, but it was NOT a MYBO event... everyone should be given equal credit and huge thanks to MLBPA and the Pittsburgh Pirates for driving interest in Baseball. oh.. and I am not the same person as the other PEOPLE on here exposing this guy as a publicity hungry arrogant ..well... you get the point.
You do not and never will live in the port, correct? Good for your child attending but please keep your two cents out of every other opinion you have about what goes on in this town. Your opinion does not count and NEVER will.
phantom

Gibsonia, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#17
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

11

10

7

Real Parent wrote:
My son was at the event, and he had a blast. Big thanks to everyone involved for making this happen in our area. I do not live in the Port... and NEVER will.... let's get that straight. Renzie PArk is a great asset to our entire area, and should not be labeled as in McKeesport. The county should take over it's operation so more people would attend events there. BAck to the issue.. this Barry person strutted around like he was king sh*t, and was too self important. He can take a lesson from Andrew McCutcheon, a candidate for MVP and MLB All Star. HE was not too good for the kids. It was great to see LBAA and PVAA, and the bunch from MT Vernon and White Oak there as well. This shows how Renzie park can be so much more than the Port. It is an asset that is just not utilized proper;y. BArry is a member of the local area Ripken Baseball, because Little League Baseball of America wants nothing to do with his MYBO teams. HE had no where else to turn. They have a great relationship with the Boys and Girls CLub of America, so he has an automatic asociation opportunity because the Boys CLub Allows him to piggy back on them because they did not have their own Baseball programs. MBA, WO, MT Vernon, LBAA, and even Port Vue are all more respected than the MYBO people. This was a great event, but it was NOT a MYBO event... everyone should be given equal credit and huge thanks to MLBPA and the Pittsburgh Pirates for driving interest in Baseball. oh.. and I am not the same person as the other PEOPLE on here exposing this guy as a publicity hungry arrogant ..well... you get the point.
YES,we get the point your full of sh-t
Real Parent

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#18
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

19

17

14

Oh contrare... my opinion means everything. one, because I am ALWAYS right.... two... my kids do attend this district... so although I will NEVER live in the ghetto thatis the Port... I pay taxes to the MASD... you do not. These hoods need cleaned up so MY kids can be safe going to school. It is a shame that the Boys Club can't move out of that gully. When you pay as much taxes as i do..then you can determine what matters. The problem with this school district is in the name... the PORT!
Ugly people be quiet

Newark, NJ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#19
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

1

1

1

Real Parent wrote:
Oh contrare... my opinion means everything. one, because I am ALWAYS right.... two... my kids do attend this district... so although I will NEVER live in the ghetto thatis the Port... I pay taxes to the MASD... you do not. These hoods need cleaned up so MY kids can be safe going to school. It is a shame that the Boys Club can't move out of that gully. When you pay as much taxes as i do..then you can determine what matters. The problem with this school district is in the name... the PORT!
Taxes are low in this district idiot, stop making excuses and just leave. If you say you are so cool then your kids probably are too so they'll make new friends in a less colorful district. Your post is all over the place.
Really Real Parent

Mckeesport, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#20
Jul 5, 2012
 

Judged:

21

19

18

Real Parent wrote:
Oh contrare... my opinion means everything. one, because I am ALWAYS right.... two... my kids do attend this district... so although I will NEVER live in the ghetto thatis the Port... I pay taxes to the MASD... you do not. These hoods need cleaned up so MY kids can be safe going to school. It is a shame that the Boys Club can't move out of that gully. When you pay as much taxes as i do..then you can determine what matters. The problem with this school district is in the name... the PORT!
You think you are quite important don't you. I have children in this district, I live in McKeesport, my children belong to the boys and girls club, and they have played ball for both MBA and MYBO, I have a good job, pay my taxes, and own my home. You know nothing about what goes on in MYBO or the Boys and Girls Club, I was also at this clinic with my children and I also saw Jim Barry but he wasn't strutting around as you say, he was walking around making sure all of the volunteers and children had water so they were hydrated. You are part of the problem in McKeesport, we don't need negative people like you, we need people like Jim Barry and many of the other people who run the sports leagues in McKeesport who are here because they think they can make a difference in a child's life, because that is what it is all about, the kids. All of you negative people on here want to bash the people who do things to better the kids' lives, what good are you doing for these kids. You are worried about your own kids and the kids that are like you, but who cares about the kids that don't fit into what you consider worthy? It is the people who run these sports leagues who care about all of the kids. They go out of their way to make sure that they can play ball by riding them to the fields, making sure they have equipment that they may not have, and doing whatever it takes to help these kids. So please, if you have such a problem with McKeesport, stay out of our town because we don't need you here with your holier than thou attitude. And just for the record, I would like to point out that this event was advertised by MYBO, it was posted on their web page and on facebook for days before the event. Also as reported by CBS news and the Daily News, this event was a Cal Ripken and RBI event and had nothing to do with the Boys and Girls Club. Although I saw buses that were used by the Boys and Girls Clubs of McKeesport and other areas in Pittsburgh to bring kids to the event that otherwise wouldn't have had the opportunity to attend. I'm sure someone like you would have a problem with this action though because there were possibly children there that you would find to be unworthy as I quote your comment "These hoods need cleaned up so MY kids can be safe" and I'm sure that some of these kids were from areas just like McKeesport. One final thing I would like to say is just because you are from White Oak, Dravosburg, Coulter, or where ever it is in the school district that you are from, it doesn't make you a good person. It doesn't make you better than anyone that chooses to live in McKeesport or anyone that works to make the lives of children better. Because all of your bashing of MYBO does is harm the children who play there because MYBO is more than Jim Barry, it is the children.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Debate: Ferguson - McKeesport, PA 5 hr Civil Rights 36
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 7 hr Jelly 51,280
Charter school bussing 9 hr Civil Rights 2
PA Who do you support for U.S. Senate in Pennsylva... (Oct '10) 11 hr A Muslims Useful... 3,899
Sexiest teacher ever in MASD? 22 hr Guy Grand 1
D-Day almost here for politicians and those wit... (Aug '12) Wed Mac Hine 630
who is running this city? Aug 18 Men of the Lord 165

Search the McKeesport Forum:
•••
•••
•••

McKeesport Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••