Ardsley, NY

#45 Mar 19, 2013
Look me up on Facebook if you want.
Rosaylia

Cancún, Mexico

#46 Mar 19, 2013
Jeremy wrote:
Look me up on Facebook if you want.
Might not be a good idea.:) Some old ghosts are better left to float around empty Gorean houses, yes?
Jeremy

Ardsley, NY

#47 Mar 20, 2013
Suit yourself. The offer stays open.
Life Time Port Watcher

Clairton, PA

#48 Mar 20, 2013
A woman named Rosaylia and a young man named Jeremy. Mix this dynamic in with a brutal Vietnam Conflict and you have the makings of a Greek tragedy except with all the action in Vietnam instead of Greece.
Thinking of Jarmin

Clairton, PA

#49 Mar 26, 2013
Every Easter, I find my thoughts moving toward that Vietnam warrior Jarmin and the Easter family. Jarmin spent many a month walking point in the bush keep America safe from the VC and his buddies free of those damn shoe shine boys and their boom boxes. Godspeed, Jarmin....Godspeed.
The Easton Foundation

Mckeesport, PA

#50 Mar 26, 2013
Thinking of Jarmin wrote:
Every Easter, I find my thoughts moving toward that Vietnam warrior Jarmin and the Easter family. Jarmin spent many a month walking point in the bush keep America safe from the VC and his buddies free of those damn shoe shine boys and their boom boxes. Godspeed, Jarmin....Godspeed.
Very well said sir and thank you. Not a day goes by without prayer in the name of the great Jeremy Easton aka "El Jarmin" espically on a Easter day. PVT. Easton was a fearless soldier and a hero. This easter lets bring Jeremy home.
Captain Koons

Kabul, Afghanistan

#51 Apr 7, 2013
I remember Jeremy had to give a watch to one of his Nam POW buddies kids. As I remember this is what he said to the little guy. Jeremy was one helluva guy and good with kids.
QUOTE:
Hello, little man. Boy, I sure heard a bunch about you. See, I was a good friend of your dad's. We were in that Hanoi pit of hell together over five years. Hopefully, you'll never have to experience this yourself, but when two men are in a situation like me and your dad were for as long as we were, you take on certain responsibilities of the other. If it'd been me who'd - not made it, Major Coolidge'd be talking right now to my son Jim. But the way it turned out, I'm talking to you. Butch. I got somethin' for ya. This watch I got here was first purchased by your great-grandfather during the first World War. It was bought in a little general store in Knoxville, Tennessee,. Made by the first company to ever make wrist watches. Up 'til then, people just carried pocket watches. It was bought by Private Doughboy Erine Coolidge on the day he set sail for Paris. This was your great-grandfather's war watch and he wore it everyday he was in that war, and when he'd done his duty, he went home to your great-grandmother, took the watch off, put it in an old coffee can, and in that can it stayed until your granddad, Dane Coolidge, was called upon by his country to go overseas and fight the Germans once again. This time they called it World War II.

Your great-grandfather gave this watch to your granddad for good luck. Unfortunately, Dane's luck wasn't as good as his old man's. Dane was a Marine and he was killed -- along with all the other Marines at the battle of Wake Island. Your granddad was facing death. He knew it. None of those boys had any illusions about ever leavin' that island alive, so three days before the Japanese took the island, your granddad asked a gunner on an Air Force transport, name of Winocki - a man he had never met before in his life - to deliver to his infant son who he'd never seen in the flesh, his gold watch. Three days later, your granddad was dead, but Winocki kept his word. After the war was over, he paid a visit to your grandmother, delivering to your infant father his dad's gold watch. This watch.[Jeremy held the watch up] This watch was on your daddy's wrist when he was shot down over Hanoi. He was captured, put in a Vietnamese prison camp. He knew that if the gooks ever saw the watch, it'd be confiscated and taken away. The way your Dad looked at it, this watch was your birthright. He'd be damned if any shoe shine box boy was gonna put their waxy, booby trap makin' hands on his boy's birthright, so he hid it in one place he knew he could hide something - his azz. Five long years he wore this watch up his azz. Then, he died of dysentery. He give me the watch. I hid this uncomfortable hunk of metal up my azz two years. Then, after seven years, I was sent home to my family. Now, little man, I give the watch to you.
HERE ENDETH THE QUOTE
Uncle Freddy Fat Belly

Mckeesport, PA

#52 May 1, 2013
Any updates on the whereabouts of my nephew/hero Jeremy? Is there any truth behind Jeremy working at Mama Pepinios as the head hoagie maker?
Spectator

United States

#53 May 1, 2013
God Bless Jeremy "Jarmin". He had my "6" many a night while walking point in the bush. Not a day goes by that I don't remember the sacrifices made by this hero....well, let's just say those days when I'm not fighting the Agent Orange bowel movements....
White Lighting

Mckeesport, PA

#54 Jul 2, 2013
Any recent intel regarding the whereabouts of PFC Easton?
Rosaylia

San Antonio, TX

#55 Feb 6, 2014
Still thinking of you. I should've never let you go. I should've made it work. Should've gone to SF or LV or wherever it took.
Machine Rules

Pittsburgh, PA

#56 Feb 11, 2014
That crazy Jarmin Easter. When will he learn. What a hoot he was before he departed for Nam.
Jarmin McK Vet

Pittsburgh, PA

#57 Jun 13, 2014
Nothing is over! Nothing! You just don't turn it off! It wasn't my war! You asked me, I didn't ask you! And I did what I had to do to win! But somebody wouldn't let us win! And I come back to the world and I see all those maggots at the airport, protesting me, spitting. Calling me baby killer and all kinds of vile crap! Who are they to protest me? Who are they? Unless they've been me and been there and know what the hell they're yelling about!
Trautman Colonel one each

Pittsburgh, PA

#58 Jun 15, 2014
Company leader to identify Baker Team - Rambo, Messner, Ortega, Coletta, Jurgensen, Barry, Jarmin Easter confirm! This is Colonel Trautman.
PFC Easton

Mckeesport, PA

#59 Jun 21, 2014
Trautman Colonel one each wrote:
Company leader to identify Baker Team - Rambo, Messner, Ortega, Coletta, Jurgensen, Barry, Jarmin Easter confirm! This is Colonel Trautman.
They're all dead sir.
Trautman Colonel One Each

Pittsburgh, PA

#60 Jun 22, 2014
PFC Easton wrote:
<quoted text> They're all dead sir.
Not Delmar Berry, he made it.
PFC Easton Jarmin

Mckeesport, PA

#61 Jul 21, 2014
Rosaylia wrote:
Still thinking of you. I should've never let you go. I should've made it work. Should've gone to SF or LV or wherever it took.
I tried to get in touch with you, but the guys in Bragg never knew where to find you.
Momo

Elizabeth, PA

#62 May 15, 2015
Where is he?
Unsung Hero

Donora, PA

#63 May 15, 2015
Momo wrote:
Where is he?
All were last seen going into the bush with Joey Bertone on point.
Nam Bud of Joey

Pittsburgh, PA

#64 May 16, 2015

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Fracking in Renzie Park (Sep '15) 8 hr Drill Baby Drill 54
Memorial Day Flags in Renzie Park (Jun '16) 8 hr Swamp Skunk 8
Boy Mayor Cuts Sewer Deal - and it STINKS (Sep '16) 8 hr Swamp Skunk 14
democratic vs republician 8 hr Swamp Skunk 2
Our Mayor SUX Thu Swamp Skunk 4
How to find? Thu Ready Fiveskin 5
Paul Shelly Obama Snowflake Voter Thu Swamp Skunk 6

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance