AG: 16 charged in connection with all...

AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illegal gambling operation in McKeesport

There are 990 comments on the WPXI story from Sep 5, 2013, titled AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illegal gambling operation in McKeesport. In it, WPXI reports that:

Charges have been filed against more than a dozen people accused of being involved in alleged illegal gambling operation in the McKeesport area, authorities said.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at WPXI.

MPD OT Cover Up

Mckeesport, PA

#278 Sep 29, 2013
Ten up wrote:
<quoted text>
That's why no names were revealed in the McKeesport Police involved Pay Scam. Brewster lied to the public never revealing the findings as he promised. The liar politicians in McKeesport brought HUD and Section 8 to McKeesport, drugs came with the government projects money.
Police in McKeesport protect bars where drugs are dealt. If the politicians illegal gamble and lie about doing it why not McKeesport politicians protect drug dealers for money and lie about it?
The illegal gambling is the surface to the drugs in McKeesport.
IMO the DA did his job and investigated the MPD overtime pay scam and reported it back to then Mayor Brewster. The mayor buried it. That seems like obstruction of justice on the surface.

Brewster was careful to keep himself endeared to the MPD and did not want to risk losing any votes. It worked again like the Cornell School sex scandal cover up.

The AG, State Police, US Attorney Office, and FBI should be investigating Brewster on this one along with the gambling matters. They should also investigate the pay for play connections of his contributors and vendors and employees.
slick-50

United States

#279 Sep 29, 2013
Ten up wrote:
Drugs came with the projects that were built with government HUD and Section 8 money.

If Im wrong I will stand corrected. Mr. Crawford and Mr. Harrison donated the land and money for the people to build the projects. The Mob and the people brong in the drugs. It is allso wrong to just target the Viking bar. Dan is a good person how about the bars owned by some of the policeman of McKeesport? That got away with breaking the same laws? Now about the drugs. Ever hard of cop dope? Ya that's right (COP-DOPE)! It's where the police raid a drug- dealer's home with 13 garbage bags of weed and charge them with way less and for some strange reasons the same drug dealer is selling the same garbage bags of weed that cops never reported. And droped it off at the same drug dealer's home. And yes I do live by the true code of McKeesports streets! And a code of my own (You leave me alone I leave you alone)
Archie Bunker

Pittsburgh, PA

#280 Sep 29, 2013
slick-50 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Im wrong I will stand corrected. Mr. Crawford and Mr. Harrison donated the land and money for the people to build the projects. The Mob and the people brong in the drugs. It is allso wrong to just target the Viking bar. Dan is a good person how about the bars owned by some of the policeman of McKeesport? That got away with breaking the same laws? Now about the drugs. Ever hard of cop dope? Ya that's right (COP-DOPE)! It's where the police raid a drug- dealer's home with 13 garbage bags of weed and charge them with way less and for some strange reasons the same drug dealer is selling the same garbage bags of weed that cops never reported. And droped it off at the same drug dealer's home. And yes I do live by the true code of McKeesports streets! And a code of my own (You leave me alone I leave you alone)
It also helps to have the local District Magistrates in on the scams as well. Does Nino still sell get-out-of-jail cards at the Glassport Magistrate office? It seemed to be common knowledge from what I understand. Of course it works both ways, when the time comes to drum up some fake charges to silence an enemy of the local democrat organization it's nice to have a local magistrate you can count on to throw the book at the victim.
It's all in the FAMILY -- drugs, extortion, gambling, child sex ring, etc.
voters choice

West Mifflin, PA

#281 Sep 29, 2013
slick-50 wrote:
<quoted text>
If Im wrong I will stand corrected. Mr. Crawford and Mr. Harrison donated the land and money for the people to build the projects. The Mob and the people brong in the drugs. It is allso wrong to just target the Viking bar. Dan is a good person how about the bars owned by some of the policeman of McKeesport? That got away with breaking the same laws? Now about the drugs. Ever hard of cop dope? Ya that's right (COP-DOPE)! It's where the police raid a drug- dealer's home with 13 garbage bags of weed and charge them with way less and for some strange reasons the same drug dealer is selling the same garbage bags of weed that cops never reported. And droped it off at the same drug dealer's home. And yes I do live by the true code of McKeesports streets! And a code of my own (You leave me alone I leave you alone)
Dont forget all the money confiscated in those raids along with the dope and drugs when they claim to have gotten 5 grand when there was actaully 15 grand there ??
slick-50

United States

#282 Sep 29, 2013
I personally (DO NOT CARE WHO LIKES WHAT I WRIGHT)! I do know what I wright is true and I do know what is right from wrong. I am tired of hearing a policeman tell me me I need a degree in the law. When I have a revised up to date law book for a judge how more do I need! And knock on my door and tell me he should arrest me ib front of my 6 year doughter and other witness then tell me he will rip down my wall to take my tow truck on a clearly posted private property I do know the law and my forth amendment .
Archie Bunker

Pittsburgh, PA

#283 Sep 29, 2013
voters choice wrote:
<quoted text>Dont forget all the money confiscated in those raids along with the dope and drugs when they claim to have gotten 5 grand when there was actaully 15 grand there ??
As long as everyone is on the same page, robbing the criminals is even easier than robbing the taxpayers. Where guys like Gergely and Brewster and all the others go wrong is their incessant greed. They simply can't steal enough.

I could never understand why the criminals never turned on the politicians and dirty cops?
Question of import

Rochester, PA

#284 Sep 29, 2013
Archie Bunker wrote:
<quoted text>
As long as everyone is on the same page, robbing the criminals is even easier than robbing the taxpayers. Where guys like Gergely and Brewster and all the others go wrong is their incessant greed. They simply can't steal enough.
I could never understand why the criminals never turned on the politicians and dirty cops?
Several Crawford Village residents said no matter how much they do wrong McKeesport police give them a free pass. Sounds like a Ronald "Porky" Melocchi repeat of his comment regarding mayor Cherepko allowing him - Porky to do whatever he wants in McKeesport.

Drug dealers as friends get a free pass as others they do not like or aren't owed favors get caught. It depends who is owed, politically donates or not. Check the political donations list. No surprise if you find Millers and Mattas on the list.
Question of import

Rochester, PA

#285 Sep 29, 2013
Same jokers including DUI from 716 Long Run Road McKeesport city solicitor John Jason Elash. He does whatever he wants and is the right hand man of the mayor in McKeesport.

These are biased NEGATIVITY politicians in McKeesport doing as they please according to greed. Elash, where is Paul Shelly aka Sluggo gun? Why did he lose position and you keep yours even after your pled guilty and the DA dropped all charges against former McKeesport councilman Paul Shelly?

How is it a hospital test reveals you were over 2x the legal alcohol limit for driving but you kept your job, a slap on the hand, plus a raise? How is it the charges are dropped on Paul Shelly but he loses his councilman position but you plead guilty and keep yours. The news you and Brewster over publicized Paul Shelly on his alleged charged yet even the chief of police and all news covered you up until council pressure from within got you later exposed and charged. Your simply a coward because you went on not admitting you were drunk driving doing your job business as usual. John Elash the coward.

McKeesport the dump city.
Dopey

West Mifflin, PA

#286 Sep 29, 2013
There is no law against giving money to your favorite candidate. Despite what you might want to think. With cops turning their heads on drug deals you know they are pocketing a lot of money.

It's free money , How can I get some?
Question of import

Rochester, PA

#287 Sep 29, 2013
Yours meaning your job as joker McKeesport city solicitor? How just be friends with Cherepko to get favor. There is evidence of this favor in McKeesport right up on the surface of the crap city of McKeesport.
Question of import

Rochester, PA

#288 Sep 29, 2013
Archie Bunker wrote:
<quoted text>
It also helps to have the local District Magistrates in on the scams as well. Does Nino still sell get-out-of-jail cards at the Glassport Magistrate office? It seemed to be common knowledge from what I understand. Of course it works both ways, when the time comes to drum up some fake charges to silence an enemy of the local democrat organization it's nice to have a local magistrate you can count on to throw the book at the victim.
It's all in the FAMILY -- drugs, extortion, gambling, child sex ring, etc.
The McKeesport way, drum up false charges in a illegal use of police. The police all hang out at the Viking Bar on Versailles in McKeesport. They knew about the illegal gambling or are incredibly stupid. Which?

Just about every politician in McKeesport drives a Cadillac SUV. How bought and can they prove to the FBI it wasn't from government handout money or Porky gambling machine money from some dirty to clean money method?
Question of import

Rochester, PA

#289 Sep 29, 2013
The Cadillac SUVs are also driven by many McKeesport police officers. Except was Elash White Cadilkac SUV fixed? That was crashed while he was DUI at 716 Long Run Road. Joke if a McKeesport city solicitor. He's not even mature.
Question of import

Rochester, PA

#290 Sep 29, 2013
Dopey wrote:
There is no law against giving money to your favorite candidate. Despite what you might want to think. With cops turning their heads on drug deals you know they are pocketing a lot of money.
It's free money , How can I get some?
Dopey as in you do drugs? Your obviously not on McKeesport police radar, the usual.
code quiet

West Mifflin, PA

#291 Sep 29, 2013
not all cops are corrupt but the ones that are honest dont say a word for fear of retaliation
it 's a code used by many police officers in many communities
Serpico

Mckeesport, PA

#292 Sep 29, 2013
code quiet wrote:
not all cops are corrupt but the ones that are honest dont say a word for fear of retaliation
it 's a code used by many police officers in many communities
I truly understand! The silence also killed me.
slick-50

United States

#293 Sep 29, 2013
code quiet wrote:
not all cops are corrupt but the ones that are honest dont say a word for fear of retaliation
it 's a code used by many police officers in many communities

You sir or mam are correct and I truly respect them even if I don't agree with the code but like I said i keep a code so I wont hold that against them. It's just sad when a man takes a oath to up hold the law and they break,the very same law they swore to protect! As for the real police men and woman I do thank you for being a real person
Smack

Rochester, PA

#294 Sep 29, 2013
Smack

Rochester, PA

#295 Sep 29, 2013
Time to break a code that in effect causes you to allow injustice to others

When you fail to act or are immobilized by fear you are certain to fail, and others may be hurt by inaction of a officer upholding a code.
Copper

West Mifflin, PA

#296 Sep 29, 2013
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Blue_Code_of_Sil...

The Blue Code of Silence (also known as the Blue Shield, Blue Wall, Curtain, Veil, or Cocoon[citation needed]) is an unwritten rule among police officers in the United States not to report on a colleague's errors, misconducts, or crimes. If questioned about an incident of misconduct involving another officer (e.g. during the course of an official inquiry), while following the code, the officer being questioned would claim ignorance of another officer's wrongdoing.
Figures

Mckeesport, PA

#298 Oct 6, 2013
McKeesport is batting a million!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
sidewalk project 3 hr Glassportmom 16
line painting 5 hr sick and tired 8
Tax Dollars / Public Safety Questioned 6 hr Fire Move Questioned 1
News Act 47 looming for McKeesport? (Jan '11) 17 hr Fart news 272
Where did the post go 18 hr Bobby 23
Fawn Walker for State Represenative??? Will you... Tue Good Public Service 11
why we need a new police station Tue Watchdog 15
More from around the web

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages