AG: 16 charged in connection with alleged illegal gambling operation in McKeesport

Sep 5, 2013 Full story: WPXI 630

Charges have been filed against more than a dozen people accused of being involved in alleged illegal gambling operation in the McKeesport area, authorities said.

Full Story
Political in McKeesport

Rochester, PA

#251 Sep 26, 2013
democrat wrote:
every town has their corrupt politicians and the council and skool bored all have relatives working for the town which they are elected to do thew right thing
just look in here at homestead forum, glassport forum,mckeesport forum,port vue forum,liberty boro forum,etc etc etc,,they all complain about the corrupt cops, council and skool bored,it's the same all over relatives working getting jobs . it's a carbon copy all thru south western pa......the filth, scum, crime,kickbacks, missing money etc etc.....?????
I know when these places are full it's because the politicians helped. Keeping McKeesport on all of the government programs is what Brewster wants. This is why new section 8 housing, HUD and the CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) is always a top priority in McKeesport.

The money is a huge government handout given to cities ONLY if they are run down. The poorer the city is in disparate in need of help, the better the chances are if getting the free government money. The money is in block grants of $500,000 and higher mostly.

But, if you are a business looking for city help in funding you are faulted with extreme prejudice. I recall D. Pittman saying we didn't want to help businesses because they didn't seem appropriate or the buildings looked too aweful to help! That is the top reason why any business needs the help! To make improvements using the city and any government money gained with the cities help to improve.

Basically McKeesport receives large government chunks of money for housing Section 8 and HUD housing! The city needs to be loaded with poverty criteria (a Pre-requisite) for the city to receive the government handouts. But if you have a business these same city officials I know will refuse you if you are a business in need. This is one reason why the mayor of McKeesport and city officials want to hinder helping business in the 15132 zip code area. To keep it repressed to continue to receive rather large chunks of government free NON-LOAN money. This allows the mayor to predict businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be shoulder to shoulder, as he did in the newspaper and in city meetings.

McKeesport officials love HUD and Section 8 for the free money they bring into McKeesport. This is how some of the drugs, crimes, go ignored by the McKeesport police. McKeesport needs a tax base also, but this is another reason why delinquent tax are collected from certain residences selectively. To fit within the criteria for the city to receive the government free money. Same reason why people watch for working just enough to avoid fitting into the next higher tax bracket. To make enough money from overtime in some cases but not eghough to lose a large employee base tax back to taxes. To avoid working a too much more to not owe most of the overtime money back!

I know numerous tenants in the projects bragging that McKeesport police don't care what they do. I seen McKeesport police allow some a pass on a crime, then cite another in McKeesport for the same exact violation! It's true political favors are given in McKeesport and favors (turning a blind eye) are to people on welfare, HUD, and section 8 in McKeesport. Businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be "shoulder to shoulder in McKeesport again." Your mayor said it himself, now you know some of the top reasons why.
slick-50

United States

#252 Sep 26, 2013
Political in McKeesport wrote:
<quoted text>
I know when these places are full it's because the politicians helped. Keeping McKeesport on all of the government programs is what Brewster wants. This is why new section 8 housing, HUD and the CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) is always a top priority in McKeesport.
The money is a huge government handout given to cities ONLY if they are run down. The poorer the city is in disparate in need of help, the better the chances are if getting the free government money. The money is in block grants of $500,000 and higher mostly.
But, if you are a business looking for city help in funding you are faulted with extreme prejudice. I recall D. Pittman saying we didn't want to help businesses because they didn't seem appropriate or the buildings looked too aweful to help! That is the top reason why any business needs the help! To make improvements using the city and any government money gained with the cities help to improve.
Basically McKeesport receives large government chunks of money for housing Section 8 and HUD housing! The city needs to be loaded with poverty criteria (a Pre-requisite) for the city to receive the government handouts. But if you have a business these same city officials I know will refuse you if you are a business in need. This is one reason why the mayor of McKeesport and city officials want to hinder helping business in the 15132 zip code area. To keep it repressed to continue to receive rather large chunks of government free NON-LOAN money. This allows the mayor to predict businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be shoulder to shoulder, as he did in the newspaper and in city meetings.
McKeesport officials love HUD and Section 8 for the free money they bring into McKeesport. This is how some of the drugs, crimes, go ignored by the McKeesport police. McKeesport needs a tax base also, but this is another reason why delinquent tax are collected from certain residences selectively. To fit within the criteria for the city to receive the government free money. Same reason why people watch for working just enough to avoid fitting into the next higher tax bracket. To make enough money from overtime in some cases but not eghough to lose a large employee base tax back to taxes. To avoid working a too much more to not owe most of the overtime money back!
I know numerous tenants in the projects bragging that McKeesport police don't care what they do. I seen McKeesport police allow some a pass on a crime, then cite another in McKeesport for the same exact violation! It's true political favors are given in McKeesport and favors (turning a blind eye) are to people on welfare, HUD, and section 8 in McKeesport. Businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be "shoulder to shoulder in McKeesport again." Your mayor said it himself, now you know some of the top reasons why.
Mighty big hammer you have there Sir or Mam you power drove that nail in all the way home. You Sir Or Mam stated the true facts.
What a joke

Pittsburgh, PA

#253 Sep 26, 2013
The ones that got busted still selling, three of them sell on hemlock alley silly people. Wow, start walking around and you will be surprised at the things you witness everyday. It will not stop until the law starts making things right and stops letting people get away with it, kick them the hellll out of glassport. Time to take law into our own hands since the law doesn't know how to do it themselves.
Troublemaker

Pittsburgh, PA

#254 Sep 26, 2013
Political in McKeesport wrote:
<quoted text>
I know when these places are full it's because the politicians helped. Keeping McKeesport on all of the government programs is what Brewster wants. This is why new section 8 housing, HUD and the CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) is always a top priority in McKeesport.
The money is a huge government handout given to cities ONLY if they are run down. The poorer the city is in disparate in need of help, the better the chances are if getting the free government money. The money is in block grants of $500,000 and higher mostly.
But, if you are a business looking for city help in funding you are faulted with extreme prejudice. I recall D. Pittman saying we didn't want to help businesses because they didn't seem appropriate or the buildings looked too aweful to help! That is the top reason why any business needs the help! To make improvements using the city and any government money gained with the cities help to improve.
Basically McKeesport receives large government chunks of money for housing Section 8 and HUD housing! The city needs to be loaded with poverty criteria (a Pre-requisite) for the city to receive the government handouts. But if you have a business these same city officials I know will refuse you if you are a business in need. This is one reason why the mayor of McKeesport and city officials want to hinder helping business in the 15132 zip code area. To keep it repressed to continue to receive rather large chunks of government free NON-LOAN money. This allows the mayor to predict businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be shoulder to shoulder, as he did in the newspaper and in city meetings.
McKeesport officials love HUD and Section 8 for the free money they bring into McKeesport. This is how some of the drugs, crimes, go ignored by the McKeesport police. McKeesport needs a tax base also, but this is another reason why delinquent tax are collected from certain residences selectively. To fit within the criteria for the city to receive the government free money. Same reason why people watch for working just enough to avoid fitting into the next higher tax bracket. To make enough money from overtime in some cases but not eghough to lose a large employee base tax back to taxes. To avoid working a too much more to not owe most of the overtime money back!
I know numerous tenants in the projects bragging that McKeesport police don't care what they do. I seen McKeesport police allow some a pass on a crime, then cite another in McKeesport for the same exact violation! It's true political favors are given in McKeesport and favors (turning a blind eye) are to people on welfare, HUD, and section 8 in McKeesport. Businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be "shoulder to shoulder in McKeesport again." Your mayor said it himself, now you know some of the top reasons why.
And those of us who have been saying this for YEARS have been called crazy and harassed by city hall in an attempt to get us to leave town.
slick-50

United States

#255 Sep 26, 2013
Troublemaker wrote:
<quoted text>
And those of us who have been saying this for YEARS have been called crazy and harassed by city hall in an attempt to get us to leave town.
And it's to make wrongs right!!!!!!
the three stooges

United States

#256 Sep 27, 2013
Jane harley,scotty mirchell&troy petrowsky the only people that I know for a fact that can have 911 called on them and the police never does anything to they are allowed to thearting a 6 year old child qnd threats made to burn a home and the police say they are allowed to do so every day and sometimes twice a day fora disorderly Home harassment of their neighbors and nothing done about it!(ONE PISSED OFF PARENTS)
Human Resource Department

Pittsburgh, PA

#257 Sep 27, 2013
What's next for this poor fellow? Maybe a job as a teacher or principal in the McKeesport Area School District?
http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmckeesp...
slick-50

United States

#258 Sep 27, 2013
McKeesport should change it's name to (bleeps& blunders) or (clown- town)
Town Crier

Pittsburgh, PA

#259 Sep 27, 2013
slick-50 wrote:
McKeesport should change it's name to (bleeps& blunders) or (clown- town)
Or Steubenport
slick-50

United States

#260 Sep 27, 2013
McRussia is what we have called Mckeesport for 30 years and KBG for the police telling people they have no rights and think they have the right to make up laws on private property and break the forth amendment for illegal seizure of personal property ! News flash once the police break the forth amendment they lose immunity and can be sued!
Wheels of Justice

Mckeesport, PA

#262 Sep 28, 2013
It is relieving that the AG and State Police investigations seems to be quiet.

They could be methodically processing a wealth of information from wire tapes, GJ subpoenas, confidential informants, tipsters, flippers, and then proceed to court or pleas bargains.

The wheels of much needed Port justice are meticulously rotating.

The politician are careful to stay out of the path of the rotating wheels of justice. Just watch your back and staffers and employees who covertly flip.
Do not like black coffee

Homestead, PA

#263 Sep 28, 2013
Black this black that sick of all the black stuff
Stop Valley Corruption

Mckeesport, PA

#264 Sep 28, 2013
Do not like black coffee wrote:
Black this black that sick of all the black stuff
Yes, we the taxpayers are sick of all the organized corruption manifesting itself by 16 indictments including one elected official.
Porky and Larry

Pittsburgh, PA

#265 Sep 28, 2013
Stop Valley Corruption wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes, we the taxpayers are sick of all the organized corruption manifesting itself by 16 indictments including one elected official.
We are still in business stop by Pepinos and play Larry has all new machines.. he isn't being indicted.. wink wink
informer

West Mifflin, PA

#266 Sep 28, 2013
twin oaks has new machines that are paying off so does the machines down at the bar across from the hospital, and various other places in the city i thought the AG put a halt to that you mean we have more than the 16 indicted in the city running another gambling ring
amazing
Simple Solutions

Mckeesport, PA

#268 Sep 29, 2013
Do not like black coffee wrote:
Can't stand black....coffee
I solved that problem by no longer drinking it.

Some opted to solve the problem by adding three creamers.
Simple Solutions

Mckeesport, PA

#271 Sep 29, 2013
Do not like black coffee wrote:
<quoted text>
Someone thought it was racist that I don't like black coffee, or black licorice or dark meat chicken and turkey. Now adding three white creamers to it, isn't that racist also? To drink only white milk, is that also racist? I do not like brown milk.
What is your take on eggs with white shells? Or chocolate milk in lieu of brown milk?

Some persons even like strawberry colored and flavored milk.

Is it OK with you that power plants combust black coal for your heating, lighting, electrical, and cooling comfort?

What color are your tires on your multiple vehicles?
slick-50

United States

#275 Sep 29, 2013
Do not like black coffee wrote:
I have red tires on my car, I only eat eggs with white shells, and I absolutely hate any milk other than white. Despise black coffee. Despise dark meat chicken and turkey, don't even like the blended meat like wings that are neither white or dark. And I have solar power in my home, that black coal is a no no. Black gemstones NOT IN MY HOME. So please tell he why this is racist? I do not like black clothing, too dark and dank for me. I worship the sun not the dark nights. Why is this racist? I'm told that my food choices and color choices are racist??? Do all colored black folks own that color??? Is spike TV owned by spike Jones?? Does he own the word spike???idiots all around us.

Ever though maybe if you wasn't looking at yourself as a idiot and thinking others are fools you wouldn't sound as stupid as you wright? Ever thought of seeking help? The first steps to recovery is to admit you have problems! Second step is to seek help! May I suggest ( Dr Phil)
Ten up

Rochester, PA

#276 Sep 29, 2013
Political in McKeesport wrote:
<quoted text>
I know when these places are full it's because the politicians helped. Keeping McKeesport on all of the government programs is what Brewster wants. This is why new section 8 housing, HUD and the CDBG (Community Development Block Grant) is always a top priority in McKeesport.
The money is a huge government handout given to cities ONLY if they are run down. The poorer the city is in disparate in need of help, the better the chances are if getting the free government money. The money is in block grants of $500,000 and higher mostly.
But, if you are a business looking for city help in funding you are faulted with extreme prejudice. I recall D. Pittman saying we didn't want to help businesses because they didn't seem appropriate or the buildings looked too aweful to help! That is the top reason why any business needs the help! To make improvements using the city and any government money gained with the cities help to improve.
Basically McKeesport receives large government chunks of money for housing Section 8 and HUD housing! The city needs to be loaded with poverty criteria (a Pre-requisite) for the city to receive the government handouts. But if you have a business these same city officials I know will refuse you if you are a business in need. This is one reason why the mayor of McKeesport and city officials want to hinder helping business in the 15132 zip code area. To keep it repressed to continue to receive rather large chunks of government free NON-LOAN money. This allows the mayor to predict businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be shoulder to shoulder, as he did in the newspaper and in city meetings.
McKeesport officials love HUD and Section 8 for the free money they bring into McKeesport. This is how some of the drugs, crimes, go ignored by the McKeesport police. McKeesport needs a tax base also, but this is another reason why delinquent tax are collected from certain residences selectively. To fit within the criteria for the city to receive the government free money. Same reason why people watch for working just enough to avoid fitting into the next higher tax bracket. To make enough money from overtime in some cases but not eghough to lose a large employee base tax back to taxes. To avoid working a too much more to not owe most of the overtime money back!
I know numerous tenants in the projects bragging that McKeesport police don't care what they do. I seen McKeesport police allow some a pass on a crime, then cite another in McKeesport for the same exact violation! It's true political favors are given in McKeesport and favors (turning a blind eye) are to people on welfare, HUD, and section 8 in McKeesport. Businesses in McKeesport will NEVER be "shoulder to shoulder in McKeesport again." Your mayor said it himself, now you know some of the top reasons why.
These corrupt politicians allowed drugs to flow through McKeesport. They profit off of drugs just like they do illegal gambling at The Viking Bar.

That's why no names were revealed in the McKeesport Police involved Pay Scam. Brewster lied to the public never revealing the findings as he promised. The liar politicians in McKeesport brought HUD and Section 8 to McKeesport, drugs came with the government projects money.

Police in McKeesport protect bars where drugs are dealt. If the politicians illegal gamble and lie about doing it why not McKeesport politicians protect drug dealers for money and lie about it?

The illegal gambling is the surface to the drugs in McKeesport.
Ten up

Rochester, PA

#277 Sep 29, 2013
Drugs came with the projects that were built with government HUD and Section 8 money.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
5 Plead Guilty In Alleged Mon Valley Gambling Ring 55 min LouSirFur 46
PA Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in P... (Oct '10) 58 min LouSirFur 184
Debate: Ferguson - McKeesport, PA 1 hr LouSirFur 39
PA Who do you support for Governor in Pennsylvania... (Oct '10) 7 hr Obamas Open Borde... 51,505
Versailles boro drugs...... 20 hr LouSirFur 29
Coulterville Cemetery in McKeesport (Oct '10) 20 hr LouSirFur 28
Poor lady Tigers Soccer Sun Hand Jive 21
•••
•••

McKeesport Jobs

•••
•••
•••

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••