Why does the machine fear Paul Shelly?

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
TheEdge

Monongahela, PA

#1 Mar 1, 2009
mckeesport's democratic committee today endorse three other folks over my good friend and outstanding candidate and public servant PAUL SHELLY....

priceless....

we finally have a councilman who is a straight shooter, has great ideas and an incredible work ethic and they try to embarass him.

what are they afraid of? what do they have to hide?

is it just that one control freak can't stand what he can't control?

vote sluggo. now and for mayor in 2011!!!!

time to throw the REAL bums out!
Stu Gatz

Monongahela, PA

#2 Mar 1, 2009
That is laughable. What doesn't Brewster control in McKeesport? Housing Authority, Democratic Comittee, Mayors office, council and on and on. Does he still report to Lou? Did we elect a Mayor or a Fuerher?

I think he wants Paul off council because he is afraid Paul will run for Mayor in two years and give him a thrashing.

I barely know Paul. He knocked on my door I think three times last election he won and made a great impression. I'd call him genuine, down to earth and wicked smart.

Also you are right. Da Mayor hates anything or anybody he can't control. Sound a lot like Mr. Potter to Paul's George Bailey.

What has he done here? Wayne Kucich paved more streets, Joe Bendel built a Marina and Little Jimmy has done what? Olympic corner? Hell, he even engraved his name on that monument. You'd think HE won the olympics!

Hell, Shell even had to teach him that the school zones need plowed in the morning when it snows. I hear from a friend that works for the city that he wuz sendin trucks to Christy and haler and lettin our kids fend for themselves.

I'm voting for Sluggo too! As a matter of fact, I'm emailing all of my friends and relatives to do the same and I'll be knocking doors for him too. As if he needed the help.

Justice is comin' to McKeesport. Can't wait till there's a new Sheriff in town. PAUL SHELLY!
TheEdge

Monongahela, PA

#3 Mar 1, 2009
love the furher comment. with that cheesy mustache he even looks like adolph.
ralph the nutcase

Madison, TN

#4 Mar 1, 2009
TheEdge wrote:
mckeesport's democratic committee today endorse three other folks over my good friend and outstanding candidate and public servant PAUL SHELLY....
priceless....
we finally have a councilman who is a straight shooter, has great ideas and an incredible work ethic and they try to embarass him.
what are they afraid of? what do they have to hide?
is it just that one control freak can't stand what he can't control?
vote sluggo. now and for mayor in 2011!!!!
time to throw the REAL bums out!
what acomplishments has he made in mckeesport?
Stu Gatz

Monongahela, PA

#5 Mar 1, 2009
Everybody knows little Adolph appointed most of the committee or got them jobs. There endorsment isn't worth the toilet paper its written on.
ralph the nutcase

Madison, TN

#6 Mar 1, 2009
having a positive attitude and being a straight shooter is great but mckeesport needs a hard charger..someone who just gets shit done..
TheEdge

Monongahela, PA

#7 Mar 1, 2009
To the best of my knowledge, he wrote a grant to get 100K in funding to build new houses in the 'Port and volunteers for a group that has built 7 or 8 so far. He wouldn't let the city build a cell tower next to a school. His one vote against forced council to backpedal and table the motion. Would you want your kids getting x-rayed everyday?

Remember, Paul is one vote, one voice of reason vs. the machine. It's possible that he'll gain a majority on council this election then he can really contribute. The current council doens't like his ideas and won't vote for them because they don't want him getting the credit.

That's how I see it.

He has an excllent blog called www.paulshelly.com

You can learn a lot about him from there. I've known him for most of my life and seriously, he's probably the brightest guy I know. Don't tell him I said that.
Paul Shelly Jr

Monongahela, PA

#8 Mar 1, 2009
Edge and Stu,

STOP IT IMMEDIATELY!!!!

I know you guys are pissed but that's not how I roll.

Let's take the highroad, just like last time.

You know they won't out work me. Let's concentrate on this race. Two years is a long way off.

Paul
TheEdge

Monongahela, PA

#9 Mar 1, 2009
My bad Sluggo. I here ya
ralph the nutcase

Madison, TN

#10 Mar 1, 2009
not impressed.Any one can take a hand out and vote againts something that is really just as harmfull as a home wireless router.Its all politics.Im not a paul shelly basher at all. I think hes is a good guy. But politics aside the guy couldent acomplish a simple task of geting a mckeesport resident an updated trash schecule,just keep side stepping.. That says alot to me.
ralph the nutcase

Madison, TN

#11 Mar 1, 2009
where were these homes built?
Paul Shelly Jr

Monongahela, PA

#12 Mar 1, 2009
ralph, ralph, ralph. I personally met with our sys admin today and he told me he'd have it up this week. the web-site is not a priority downtown as it should be.

Remember, when one is not of the chosen few, your requests go to the back of the line. It is politics. Those in power don't want others to look good.

I'm not so sure about the safety of said towers. I hear all of the industry data that says how safe they are but there are NO longterm studies and nobody has run any studies that consider the exponebtial use in mobile phones and communications. I recently heard evidence that wireless networks AREN"T as safe as originally believed. I can't find the source right now.

I would not want to be a councilman who voted in favor of a tower that someday was causing brain tumors in kids in the neighborhood and school. The chances may be small but I will choose safety of a few dollars any day.

I know your not bashing me. My frustration of trying to get things done in this town is off the charts. Hard to teach old dogs new tricks.

It's funny though, many of the ideas I've published as part of my platform in my first and second races have successfully been implemented.

I championed civil service testing to protect our police and fire from political retribution and it was made law.

I called for the creation of a personnel commitee to try to ensure fairness in city hiring practices. There is now one in place.(Funny, I wasn't selected to serve on that committee....)

I also was the first candidate (way back in 2003) to say that we needed to expand our narcotics division in the police department. It subsequently went from 1 officer to at least 4 presently.

I ddidn't get the credit for any of these ideas but who cares? They got done.

There are many ways to skin a cat my friend.

Watch how many ideas from my platoform this year get implemented over the next few years, whether I win or not.

You seem to have some good ideas. let me know about them and if I agree, I'll do my best.

I apologize for some of my friends taking shots at other elected officials. I don't condone that sort of stuff and feel I can win without it.

Do you vote? Which party are you with?

Night.

Paul
DevilsAdvocate

Clairton, PA

#13 Mar 2, 2009
Do any of you know that Mr. Shelly did not attend 7 out of 11 Council meetings in 2008? Do you know that he did not attend any of the Budget meetings that were held to try and avoid Act 47? Has anyone asked Paul when was the last time he held a job for any significant amount of time? While I understand Mr. Shelly has undergone personal health problems, how do we know they won't strike again and he will be AWOL for another year? Paul is a very nice guy, but he is much better at running for office as the guy next door, than he is at actually doing anything once he is actually elected to office. Every intelligent person I've spoken to who supported Sluggo in the last election is afraid he might go "postal" at some point in light of his erratic behavior over the last couple years. Please, tell the very few who read this stuff the TRUTH, not Sluggo's distorted reality!!!!!
Paul Shelly Jr

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Mar 2, 2009
I only wish that the Devil's Advocate and his family and friends never have to endure the health problems that I encountered this year.

I challenge him to name one councilman with the possible exception of Rege who accomplished more in the last four years and list there accomplishments for comparison.
Paul Shelly Jr

Mckeesport, PA

#15 Mar 2, 2009
it is also kind of funny that by his writing, i recognize the anonymous author. no worries. he's paid to be an attack dog.

i still wish him no ill. people such as he need our prayers. "Father forgive them. They know not what they do."
ralph the nutcase

Madison, TN

#16 Mar 2, 2009
what was the illness paul?
Paul Shelly Jr

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Mar 2, 2009
Thanks for asking Ralph. Only one other non-family/close friend has asked me to my face.

Loads of specualtion from those that don't know or would wish to see me fail.

A drug interaction problem that caused me literally to be incapacited physically and emotionally depressed for over 6 months.

There. I said it. It's out there. And I wouldn't wish it on anyone.

Completely recovered and ready to serve.

Done discussing it.

Paul
Paul Shelly Jr

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Mar 2, 2009
That's a PRESCRIPTION drug interaction ;)
TheEdge

Pittsburgh, PA

#19 Mar 2, 2009
Yeah, people say a lot of things. Don't make dem true. Glad you came forward Shell. They wanted this as an issue and now they don't have it. keep killin dem wit the truth!

Know who I'm votin 4!
Paul Shelly Jr

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Mar 3, 2009
Edge, what made you go Myspace on me?

Hopefully the hate mail is over for a while. I had to calm Stu down. He was looking to create a body count.

It's only politics.

Paul

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Someone needs to explain how this worrks, 3 hr UnDoc Risha 9
Drug deals 6 hr Fired Comey 2
Glassport Streets are falling apart 9 hr Fraud 37
Fawn Walker for State Represenative??? Will you... (Jun '15) 13 hr Pork Fart Politics 191
Is anyone up for a creampie? Sun Pork Fart Politics 19
would you take a handjob instead of banging som... Sun Ten Incher 34
35th State Rep REPUBLICAN VOTERS BEWARE (Oct '16) Sat Pork Fart Politics 47

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages