Two shot in McKeesport store

Two shot in McKeesport store

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

OK Corral

West Mifflin, PA

#1 Jun 22, 2012
Nice place to raise a family.

Two people were shot inside an auto parts store in McKeesport this afternoon.

An emergency dispatch supervisor said the shooting occurred in a store in the 1200 block of Fifth Avenue about 5 p.m. Two people were flown to hospitals.

Allegheny County homicide detectives, who typically assist in cases when someone has been critically injured, are assisting with the investigation

Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
Ghost of Mayor Lysle

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Jun 22, 2012
McKeesport needs alot of help! Bring back Sluggo!
Ravine

Irwin, PA

#3 Jun 22, 2012
OK Corral wrote:
Nice place to raise a family.
Two people were shot inside an auto parts store in McKeesport this afternoon.
An emergency dispatch supervisor said the shooting occurred in a store in the 1200 block of Fifth Avenue about 5 p.m. Two people were flown to hospitals.
Allegheny County homicide detectives, who typically assist in cases when someone has been critically injured, are assisting with the investigation
Read more: http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...
That happened on Ravine Street, 5th Avenue by the Mckeesport hospital.
Why did they shoot workers in a garage?
Closed

Irwin, PA

#4 Jun 22, 2012
Hey, that shooting is off Ravine by the Boys And Girls Club in Mckeesport. Closer is the bar room called The Retreat. Drugs were found down the decrepit street of Ravine at the bar before. The city allows the bar to stay open. How many casualties have to happen before The Retreat is closed?
http://tinyurl.com/6rvogmx
Eagles

Pittsburgh, PA

#5 Jun 23, 2012
McKeesport isn't safe. Too many shootings.
Al Capone

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Jun 23, 2012
Eagles wrote:
McKeesport isn't safe. Too many shootings.
Much safer than my Chicago.
State of Fear

Mckeesport, PA

#7 Jun 23, 2012
Eagles wrote:
McKeesport isn't safe. Too many shootings.
Mike should request that the National Guard patrol the wild west city.
Pink i

Mckeesport, PA

#8 Jun 23, 2012
State of Fear wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike should request that the National Guard patrol the wild west city.
At least someone is smart enough to bring in the County Cops for when something bad happens, maybe they should call in White Oak to help also.
But what do I know

Mckeesport, PA

#9 Jun 23, 2012
Ravine wrote:
<quoted text>
That happened on Ravine Street, 5th Avenue by the Mckeesport hospital.
Why did they shoot workers in a garage?
The location is actually on 5th Ave at White Street. Ravine Street doesn't start until after you pass the Retreat Bar.
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#10 Jul 11, 2012
Another shooting . Who'd they arrest ? It was on tape & I saw the tape.
Vote No Retreat

Irwin, PA

#11 Jul 19, 2012
But what do I know wrote:
<quoted text>The location is actually on 5th Ave at White Street. Ravine Street doesn't start until after you pass the Retreat Bar.
The technicality is stupid. It's walking distance.
The bar was closed for tax avoidance, but again allowed to reopen. Drugs were also found in The Retreat before, then allowed to reopen. A hearse is always parked in the parking lot of the bar.

The LaRoss Boys Club is closer to The Retreat.

The entire street is full of abandoned houses. One with a brick wall fallen onto the sidewalk.
Hotshot

Washington, DC

#12 Jul 19, 2012
Eagles wrote:
McKeesport isn't safe. Too many shootings.
When will you guys wake up and comprehend (realize) that the place is spiritually cursed, and is paying for it's past sins? The demons a re having a field day possesing people and comitting as much as vile evil acts as can be done, an you guys are still blind!
Remember the sign right off Lyle blvd. at the entrance of U.S. Steel? It said "Welcolm to McKeesport, be careful!" That "be careful" warning applied to the city, not the accidents in the mill! McKeesport is just like the city in the movie "Needful Things". Check it out and then check McKeesport out, and you will begin to start realizing what is really going on there!
Preacher/Teacher

Westlake, OH

#13 Jul 19, 2012
Hotshot wrote:
<quoted text>When will you guys wake up and comprehend (realize) that the place is spiritually cursed, and is paying for it's past sins? The demons a re having a field day possesing people and comitting as much as vile evil acts as can be done, an you guys are still blind!
Remember the sign right off Lyle blvd. at the entrance of U.S. Steel? It said "Welcolm to McKeesport, be careful!" That "be careful" warning applied to the city, not the accidents in the mill! McKeesport is just like the city in the movie "Needful Things". Check it out and then check McKeesport out, and you will begin to start realizing what is really going on there!
Why are you on here then?? Do you live here or have family here?? All you do is spew negativity, oh righteous one! What you are verbalizing is blasphemous and you should be stricken down with the rest of the bewildered!! Anyone can write big words but you have to know how to put them correctly in a sentence so it will make sense. I don't know if they taught you that where you grew up.
Are the related

New Castle, PA

#14 Sep 18, 2012
But what do I know wrote:
<quoted text>The location is actually on 5th Ave at White Street. Ravine Street doesn't start until after you pass the Retreat Bar.
White Street becomes Ravine Street after a few short blocks. The LaRosa Boys Club are only down the street. Many kids play sports, baseball right out in the field. The building is at the intersection corner of White/Ravine Street and 5th Avenue.

For technicality sake, a 41 second drive (.2 miles to the retreat). You are correct but the location is still in close proximity. These incidents could be related and worth investigating by police. Look into if any of the several shootings close by  are related as a first step. 

The police may be close to a breakthrough because the shop shooters were never caught.
The shop shooting and any others in the same area.
http://www.post-gazette.com/stories/local/nei...

The most recent shooting are only one block away from Ravine. The recent shooting is only a short walking distance from LaRosa Boys & Girls Club.
No solving zone

Sharon, PA

#15 Oct 16, 2013
McKeesport police can't solve a murder, but they can't see a gambling ring where they hang out either!
James

Mckeesport, PA

#16 Mar 15, 2014
Hearse I'm looking for that hearse any idea b where it is
White Lightning

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Jul 5, 2014
Who hasn't gone through their shooting phase as a teenager? It is all part of growing up, my peeps. We'll all laugh about this years from now when we passing the crack pipe and shooting up some of that good stuff. Yeah baby....good times then.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Poll What was the real reason WMASD raised the taxes... 3 hr Sluggo 3
Daily News Being Sold 4 hr Sad Day 1
Fraud Walker Demands Another Black For Board 5 hr Expose Fraud The ... 8
Election Who do you support for U.S. House in Pennsylvan... (Oct '10) 7 hr Hobo Jim 7
Took A Cherapko Wed Themis 7
Was Cherepko, running for Mayor, part of Cornel... (May '11) Aug 25 Candy Man 164
New City Controller Aug 25 Columbo 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages