Entire narcotics unit in McKeesport n...
Way it is

Aliquippa, PA

#104 Nov 19, 2013
"Council approves the solicitor, and the mayor executes the contract on behalf of the city," Mayor Michael Cherepko said. "It's a non-bidding contract ... for professional services. Council doesn't have a say as long as it's within the budget."

Walker-Montgomery said the mayor didn't know what she was laughing about, and he should not call her out on an assumption. Both parties were silenced by Segina's gavel as they told one another to watch their mouths and educate themselves.

Frustration floods McKeesport council chambers
Thursday, May 3, 2012, 7:18 a.m.

http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmckeesp...

McKeesport is finished.
Way it is

Aliquippa, PA

#105 Nov 19, 2013
Retaining McKeesport solicitor John Jason Elash may not be for long. The budget may not allow it.
Solicitor Salary Increase

Mckeesport, PA

#106 Nov 19, 2013
Way it is wrote:
Retaining McKeesport solicitor John Jason Elash may not be for long. The budget may not allow it.
Sorry to rain on your parade, but some very good street rumors claim that Attorney Elash will receive a very generous salary increase. Like way over 15%!

The other department heads will receive ZERO salary increase. Other workers are being asked to take a slight pay reduction and contribute some to their medical costs. So much for transparency, dignity and fairness.

The proposed budget is required to be on public display. You can have someone confirm the above if you are interested.

There is nothing wrong with this picture? So he make a few bucks less than the Pittsburgh solicitor. Mike can give him a 50% increase and he has the six votes in his pocket.
union label

West Mifflin, PA

#107 Nov 19, 2013
Solicitor Salary Increase wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to rain on your parade, but some very good street rumors claim that Attorney Elash will receive a very generous salary increase. Like way over 15%!
The other department heads will receive ZERO salary increase. Other workers are being asked to take a slight pay reduction and contribute some to their medical costs. So much for transparency, dignity and fairness.
The proposed budget is required to be on public display. You can have someone confirm the above if you are interested.
There is nothing wrong with this picture? So he make a few bucks less than the Pittsburgh solicitor. Mike can give him a 50% increase and he has the six votes in his pocket.
Sorry , but city workers are union...... they dont have to give up a dime until their contract is brought up before it expires..... the city can ask, the workers can give them the finger.......bank on it...... you can negotiate under a present contract but can stay "wait until our contract is up!

would the part time mayor take a pay cut? Start at the top and work down.......... top heavy salaries should be the first to cut!
Get Go

West Mifflin, PA

#108 Nov 19, 2013
Most cities dont pay their solicitors healthcare or provide them with tax payer transportation and a gas card . I never heard of such a thing
Way it is

Aliquippa, PA

#109 Nov 19, 2013
I am certain McKeesport employees aren't going to allow Mike Chereko and John Jason Elash to benefit, at McKeesport city employee expense.

Mayor Mike should best prove responsible, refuse his own pay like Brewster. After all, Mike is the most confident in the McKeesport future without planning. Mayor Mike Cherepko should benefit the hat working city employees, not himself.

The best captains of any ship go down with the ship, sacrificing to save a before self.

McKeesport employees don't want to have to go to The Salvation Army, James Brewster and Mike Cherepko gave most of the several years of Brewsters' refused pay. The several years of refused pay by James Brewster was in fact, McKeesport residents money. These political flunkies took it, handed to the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army in McKeesport gave the money to no one, but used it to pay themselves as operational cost. These cost are a way, employees on the payroll, pocket the money. They say the needed to be paid.

Meanwhile, McKeesport employees will end up at The Salvation Army for help and receive none. What other non profits (with employees that profit,) has the tax payers money under the false name of The Brewster Fund, go to? McKeesport keep a list, Dennis Pittman said no benefit organization may receive Brewster Fund money short of a legal signed contract. Would any of you like a copy of the city meeting documentation?

McKeesport Mayor Mike Cherepko, and his solicitor (a close friend to mayor Mike,) have been rewarding themselves at McKeesport residents and employee expense.

Don't expect to know what happened to a expected missing amount or seperate amounts of the last tapped $900,000 amount. Sadly, council approved, but only a portion is expected to go to city workers. It's a bait and switch tactic. Say your going to use the amount to pay McKeesport employees, but then no records of exact employee amounts are presented. After all, John Jason Elash promised new record keeping methods, but falls short on providing any to the FBI or the AG in response to the fax McKeesport received asking.

McKeesport is a non trusted, dwindling population and has tapped the last of its money with council permission. Council president Daryl Segina was the only dissenting vote. McKeesport is finished.

McKeesport must tap reserve fund to pay bills | TribLIVE
Thursday, Nov. 7, 2013, 4:51 a.m.

McKeesport council voted on Wednesday to allow Mayor Michael Cherepko to tap into his reserve ...

The budget may have it in, but with employees telling you no to reduced pay and extra medical benefits cost you best seek new plans. If the budget is based on expecting employees to short themselves and families, your solicitor can be key go still, but his behavior clause can also be used to rid of the wayward 2x DUI solicitor.

McKeesport is broke.
Way it is

Aliquippa, PA

#110 Nov 19, 2013
Mayor Mike Cherepko should benefit the working McKeesport employees, not himself. Nor his friend Elash, McKeesport solicitor. They are friends, and I believe they laugh at Gergely in the McKeesport office. I don't think Elash respects Gergely.

Elash has a DUI problem, we suspect he is in on more than several McKeesport shady ventures. He's in on the $900,000 surplus tapped from the tax payers.

According to The Daily News, the surplus belongs solely to Cherepko, not the tax payers. The Daily News calls the $900,000 McKeesport money, "his surplus."

McKeesport council voted on Wednesday to allow Mayor Michael Cherepko to tap into his reserve ...
Mike Ference

Pittsburgh, PA

#111 Nov 19, 2013
Thanks Mr Ference wrote:
<quoted text>
Mr. Ference although I do not share your opinions some of the time, I certainly commend you for your persist and your postings on Mon Valley corruption and other important matters.
Your persistence and logic are always welled supported by information mined or new articles originated by others. This is supper evidence to support your allegations.
Your postings keep corrupt individuals on their toes like kissing their tall mistresses.
Above all, how anyone not agree and see that you are a real man who has the courage and commitment to provide your legal name on Topix? I recall one time you even published your home address. Would your critics be willing to reveal their legal name like you do everytime?
You have contributed significantly to keeping the media, law enforcement officials, and corrupt government officials eyes on the "meatball" of flagrant public corruption.
Keep up exposing the excellent and informative dialogue -- the good citizens are starved for it, and the bad guys/gals abhor and shirk from it. In spite the popular McKeesport defense that negativity harms the city, I would contend that non-transparency and deception harm the City more.
Thanks for the unpaid and unappreciated public service. Keep your truth squad narratives flowing and ultimately they will be congruent with gambling raids convictions and perhaps new collateral indictments.
We must have hope and keep the course. You are one of the few on Topix that set the tone and a clear trajectory to clean up the Mon Valley overflowing cesspool of corruption.
Again, I appreciate the kinds words. I did what I did, because it was the right thing to do. Sadly, the Mon Valley, like much of western PA is home to way too many cowards.
Way it is

Aliquippa, PA

#112 Nov 20, 2013
I am certain McKeesport employees aren't going to allow Mike Chereko and John Jason Elash to benefit, at McKeesport city employee expense.

Mayor Mike should best prove responsible, refuse his own pay like Brewster. After all, Mike is the most confident in the McKeesport future without planning. Mayor Mike Cherepko should benefit the working McKeesport employees, not himself.

The best captains of any ship go down with the ship, sacrificing to save a before self.

McKeesport employees don't want to have to go to The Salvation Army, James Brewster and Mike Cherepko gave most of the several years of Brewsters' refused pay. The several years of refused pay by James Brewster was in fact, McKeesport residents money. These political flunkies took it, handed to the Salvation Army. The Salvation Army in McKeesport gave the money to no one, but used it to pay themselves as operational cost. These cost are a way, employees on the payroll, pocket the money. They say the needed to be paid.

Meanwhile, McKeesport employees will end up at The Salvation Army for help and receive none. What other non profits (with employees that profit,) has the tax payers money under the false name of The Brewster Fund, go to? McKeesport keep a list, Dennis Pittman said no benefit organization may receive Brewster Fund money short of a legal signed contract. Would any of you like a copy of the city meeting documentation?

McKeesport Mayor Mike Cherepko, and his solicitor (a close friend to mayor Mike,) have been rewarding themselves at McKeesport residents and employee expense.

Don't expect to know what happened to a expected missing amount or seperate amounts of the last tapped $900,000 amount. Sadly, council approved, but only a portion is expected to go to city workers. It's a bait and switch tactic. Say your going to use the amount to pay McKeesport employees, but then no records of exact employee amounts are presented. After all, John Jason Elash promised new record keeping methods, but falls short on providing any to the FBI or the AG in response to the fax McKeesport received asking.

McKeesport is a non trusted, dwindling population and has tapped the last of its money with council permission. Council president Daryl Segina was the only dissenting vote. McKeesport is finished.

The budget may have it in, but with employees telling you, "no" to reduced pay and extra medical benefits cost, you best seek new plans. If the budget is based on expecting employees to short themselves and families, your solicitor can be key go still, but his behavior clause can also be used to rid of the wayward 2x DUI solicitor.

McKeesport is broke.
Way it is

Aliquippa, PA

#113 Nov 20, 2013
The budget will be full of false figures after all the employees say no.
Bobby

West Mifflin, PA

#114 Nov 20, 2013
teo sets of books are a cure all that ails any town LOL!
Mike Ference

Pittsburgh, PA

#115 Nov 20, 2013
unlike mike wrote:
<quoted text>
Mike f. your such a piss poor excuse for a man.... Waaah waaaah waaaah. With your constant whining and complaining, grow a set and do something about it. Look in the mirror , for people like you that's where it always starts. The constant blaming others.
Do you have the guts to post your real name? I didn't think so.
I love to piss guys like you off.
Louis

Elizabeth, PA

#116 Nov 20, 2013
Mike Ference wrote:
<quoted text>
But what will you do with Satan????
unlike mike

Springfield, NJ

#117 Nov 21, 2013
Mike Ference wrote:
<quoted text>Do you have the guts to post your real name? I didn't think so.
You just make excuses, it's everyone else's fault. I know it's not pretty but look in the mirror. What have you done to change anything other than cry? You inspire not piss off. I feel that I have touched a nerve. You have made some very poor choices/decisions, there is no politician in world that can help you correct them.
Carl

West Mifflin, PA

#118 Nov 21, 2013
just another ex risha puppet spouting off....they hate anything that is law abiding...
No deals made

Aliquippa, PA

#119 Nov 21, 2013
Former McKeesport police Lt. Arthur Pero, 56, of McKeesport. Pero was working for the department during the time of the investigation. He retired on July 20, having served for at least 20 years.

Forward Township police Chief and McKeesport Area school director Mark Holtzman, 57, of McKeesport.

Clairton Municipal Authority board member James Cerqua, 57, of Clairton.

Rodney Elia Iannelli, 53, of Ohio Township.

Terence P. McNelis, 52, of Whitehall.

Twin Oaks owner Mark Novakovich, 55, of White Oak.

Jeffrey Risha, 49, of Belle Vernon.

Don't forget the bar on Versailles Ave., across from the Uni-Mart/Bobs Garage in McKeesport.

Melocchi is McKeesport's recreation board chairman.

McKeesport Councilman Dan Carr, 55, waived charges of corrupt organizations, conspiracy, gambling devices and two counts of allowing gambling.

Carr, owner of the Viking Lounge, could not be reached for comment.

Court documents indicate a search warrant was executed on Nov. 1, 2012, at the Viking and eight video machines were seized. It was raided again on Dec. 11, 2012, when workers from Back Alley Vending were observed removing machines from other businesses to replace the ones law enforcement had confiscated.

No deals were accepted by James Brewster.
No deals made

Aliquippa, PA

#120 Nov 21, 2013

Nice choice McKeesport.

The budget may have it in, but with employees telling you no to reduced pay and extra medical benefits cost you best seek new plans. If the budget is based on expecting employees to short themselves and families, your solicitor can be key go still, but his behavior clause can also be used to rid of the wayward 2x DUI solicitor.

McKeesport is broke.
The Daily News has the city tax payers reserve as Mike Cherepkos reserve. Does the McKeesport city funds count for the mayors personal "slush" fund?
Reward Hard Work

Mckeesport, PA

#121 Nov 22, 2013
No deals made wrote:
Nice choice McKeesport.
If the budget is based on expecting employees to short themselves and families, your solicitor can be key go still, but his behavior clause can also be used to rid of the wayward 2x DUI solicitor.
McKeesport is broke.
Mayor Cherepko and City Council (6-1) will approve the $15,000 increase the mayor recommended for his friend, cohort, political worker, and confident. He earned and deserves every penny and worked hard for the mayor. We are blessed to have such a high performer on our payroll.
Bye Bye

Baden, PA

#122 Nov 22, 2013
The city will be broke, like Munhall, select friends will be over funded. The rest of the city employees with suffer, under funded. They work truly hard, and are the backbone of the city. Then, you say they are expected to accept a reduction in pay? Plus, they are expected to put more into the benefit fund? The union should sue McKeesport and report the lack of record keeping in McKeesport to the DA. The first sign of cheating workers should be reported by them.

Meanwhile, all city employees should get well check ups, and if they are street city employees, chiropractors using city benefits.
All in a name

Baden, PA

#125 Nov 23, 2013
Mike Ference wrote:
<quoted text>
It's probably, John Jason Elash. He's involved in more than most realize in McKeesport. Elash has the complete access of all offices, including the mayor. Elash is on Topix, 100%

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
West Mifflin Teacher James Horgan 1 hr Charmin 3
democratic vs republician (May '17) 1 hr Hobo Jim McKeesport 79
anyone remember that guy who faked jumping off ... (Nov '11) 3 hr Gentle Reader 10
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) 4 hr Malcon INXS 333
What was brick alley? any pictures?any stories? (Apr '10) Apr 15 Hobo Jim McKeesport 90
Little Perv Apr 13 Disgusted 23
I love Mckeesport (Aug '16) Apr 10 Hobo Jim McKeesport 54

McKeesport Jobs

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages