McKeesport changes schoolís name afte...

McKeesport changes schoolís name after historical concerns raised

Posted in the McKeesport Forum

Glad I moved

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Mar 22, 2013
http://triblive.com/neighborhoods/yourmckeesp... This is weak Mckeesport. Just weak.
Eddie

Ambridge, PA

#2 Mar 22, 2013
Agree. Should have kept the name McKee....Come on, this is getting ridiculous. What if Cracker School was picked? Would people be upset???? NO. Double standard. Get out of the past. What- 250+ years ago? Come on
Proud McKee

Elizabeth, PA

#3 Mar 22, 2013
Can not believe the board gave in to those idiots. Why not change the name of the city too while you are at it? No crap McKee owned slaves. He was a wealthy land owner in that era. Twin Rivers? Why not call it Greater Allegheny? Get a life.
Whats in a name

Elizabeth, PA

#4 Mar 22, 2013
Proud McKee wrote:
Can not believe the board gave in to those idiots. Why not change the name of the city too while you are at it? No crap McKee owned slaves. He was a wealthy land owner in that era. Twin Rivers? Why not call it Greater Allegheny? Get a life.
But the rivers are not identical twins? Why not Twin Oaks or Cornell Capers
Big Boy Decision

Clairton, PA

#5 Mar 23, 2013
The Machine is in charge of naming conventions. You will know what we are going to call the school when we are good and ready to tell you. Now get back to work and get me and my peeps that tax payer dollar benefits that we are entitled, beyotches.
Weak Leaders

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Mar 23, 2013
You will know the name once the Rev approves. What a pathetic city. Glady moved. I could not stand paying taxes to such a disgusting weakly ran city. I do still travel threw Mckeesport on my way to work and do frequently stop for gas,coffee,etc but never again. They will not even get that small change.
The Machine Man

Clairton, PA

#7 Mar 24, 2013
Weak Leaders wrote:
You will know the name once the Rev approves. What a pathetic city. Glady moved. I could not stand paying taxes to such a disgusting weakly ran city. I do still travel threw Mckeesport on my way to work and do frequently stop for gas,coffee,etc but never again. They will not even get that small change.
I fully concur with your assessment. Add the hobos who feel they have a right to body search you and citizenry's over-reliance on the prothonotaries site, I would offer that we got trouble. Right here in McK City. Starting with a capital "M" which stands for Machine.
Shadango

Pittsburgh, PA

#8 Mar 24, 2013
I honestly don't give a good poop or pee if John McKee is the name of the new school or if McKee owned slaves some 200 plus years ago. I do must agree that the school being in a predominant minority area of the city, and will be attended by a majority of minority students should be named after a darkie that has contributed to society in some honorable way.
Presidents Hall 4 Name

Elizabeth, PA

#9 Mar 24, 2013
Shadango wrote:
I honestly don't give a good poop or pee if John McKee is the name of the new school or if McKee owned slaves some 200 plus years ago. I do must agree that the school being in a predominant minority area of the city, and will be attended by a majority of minority students should be named after a darkie that has contributed to society in some honorable way.
I think that President's Academy will do it. We have Founders Hall to honor our founders, so why not President's Academy to honor all and our present President? That name is consisten with Founders Hall and very politically correct which is in vogue these days. And, we have a lot of streets named after Presidents and generals.
Eddie

Ambridge, PA

#10 Mar 24, 2013
How about naming it "Access Hall" instead? All of the welfare trash in the city can send all of "their childrens" there. They can serve Huggies, & even Sunny-D's in the cafeteria. Sounds good? Wait, it gets better. Rent A Center can supply the furniture. The buses can have spinners, loud booming bass, etc... And guess what? They will have stroller parking for all of the children's childrens.
Shadango wrote:
Glad I moved

Mckeesport, PA

#11 Mar 24, 2013
Eddie wrote:
How about naming it "Access Hall" instead? All of the welfare trash in the city can send all of "their childrens" there. They can serve Huggies, & even Sunny-D's in the cafeteria. Sounds good? Wait, it gets better. Rent A Center can supply the furniture. The buses can have spinners, loud booming bass, etc... And guess what? They will have stroller parking for all of the children's childrens.
<quoted text>
Thanks for the laugh. I guess thats all Mckeesport is good for anymore.
Presidents Hall 4 Name

Elizabeth, PA

#12 Mar 25, 2013
Glad I moved wrote:
<quoted text> Thanks for the laugh. I guess thats all Mckeesport is good for anymore.
The most perfect and politically correct name is President's Hall.
Shakespear

Springfield, NJ

#13 Mar 25, 2013
The name mckeesport is historical, if the slaves were left alone in there native land what would have been there fate, now they flourish in there forefathers toils
Toby Waller

Clairton, PA

#14 Mar 25, 2013
The Machine cut my right foot to keep me runnin' away from the 'Port. Now me and the Machine are one...ain't no accident that I got dragged away looking for wood for my drum...it be all good now, McK...all good now. Things be mo better if my ho daughter Kizzy be more involved with the intricate workings of the Machine. These younguns have no respect fo' the Machine ways, beyotches.
Bring Back Respect

Elizabeth, PA

#15 Mar 25, 2013
Presidents Hall 4 Name wrote:
<quoted text>
The most perfect and politically correct name is President's Hall.
Why not President's Pleasure Palace?
Observation

Clairton, PA

#16 Mar 26, 2013
Shadango wrote:
Ever notice that when Shadango posts it always gets racial? Probably needs to hang out with his buddy Sluggo and get on the Klan Rally circuit.
The Easton Foundation

Mckeesport, PA

#17 Mar 26, 2013
I cannot see any reason why this new school should not be named after possibly the greatest local legend/hero who saved countless lives why serving his country. PVT. Jeremy Easton a.k.a "Jarmin". Nobody deserves this more!
lou snutz

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Mar 29, 2013
I think the name choice should be put up for a vote And the only ones thhat can voeare the one that are paying school taxes. You know, the ones that paying for the new school
Spineless Hall of Shame

Elizabeth, PA

#19 Mar 31, 2013
It took the MASD board and administration months to narrow down and refine the Cornell School new name. But only hours to recind it based on one person who did not even attend a public meeting on this subject.

Deplorable board leadeship.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
democratic vs republician (May '17) 12 hr Hobo Jim 42
Democrat Austin Davis vs. Republican Fawn Walke... 12 hr Hobo Jim 11
I love Mckeesport (Aug '16) 12 hr Jenna Tillya 43
News Pennsylvania Republican aims to disrupt state D... 13 hr Hobo Jim 5
News Act 47 looming for McKeesport? (Jan '11) Sat Imposter Phartse 277
Looking for old friend Jeremy Easton (Dec '11) Sat Scent of a Woman 71
who was JOEY BERTONE? (Apr '10) Dec 8 Touchable Swamper 305

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance