Posted in the McKeesport Forum

First Prev
of 100
Next Last
Supporter

Canonsburg, PA

#1 Aug 31, 2011
www.tatepublishing.com
Memoir of a Milk Carton Kid by Tanya Nicole Kach with Lawrence Fisher, published by Tate Publishing is available online for sale.
Rooster

Monessen, PA

#2 Aug 31, 2011
No one is their right mind is gonna buy this drivel.
Smokey

Canonsburg, PA

#3 Aug 31, 2011
I'm going to buy it. It sounds very interesting to me. I read jaycee dugard's book and it was very riveting, I must say.
Who Cares

Pittsburgh, PA

#4 Aug 31, 2011
The difference between Jaycee's book and Tanya's book is that Jaycee wrote her own book and is more believable then the other one. Jaycee was 'kidnapped' and the other one wasn't.
Pretty SAD

New Eagle, PA

#5 Aug 31, 2011
It's pretty sad when you have to come on here promoting your book and other sites.

http://monyough.com/ebbs/viewtopic.php...
supporter

Philadelphia, PA

#6 Sep 1, 2011
What does the fact of the matter that Tanya wasn't kidnapped have to do with it? just because she was not physically taken means nothing. she was still held captive for 10 years and couldnt get out. end of story. i have already read Tanya's book, and is a very interesting yet heart wrenching story. for what she went through and wherever she is now, i give her credit for being a survivor and making it this far!
Rooster

Monessen, PA

#7 Sep 1, 2011
supporter wrote:
What does the fact of the matter that Tanya wasn't kidnapped have to do with it? just because she was not physically taken means nothing. she was still held captive for 10 years and couldnt get out. end of story. i have already read Tanya's book, and is a very interesting yet heart wrenching story. for what she went through and wherever she is now, i give her credit for being a survivor and making it this far!
Well then why don't you just pass your copy around to those that are interested in her fabrications/airing of family business/self-serving lies.....then they won't buy it and she won't get fat rich off of her own bad decisions and choices. I won't give a copper penny to her cause. She 'survived' alright, the prison she herself created. I'm not one to believe in the Stockholm Syndrome. She knew what she was doing and she could have left the house at any time, for instance, when the police were THERE asking questions. She could have simply walked down the stairs and said 'Here I am, help me please' and it would have been over. But then she wouldn't have the sympathy of the world and money for nothing. Suckah.
huh

Mars, PA

#8 Sep 1, 2011
the whole thing is one giant WORK, so quit marking out!
Voracious Reader

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Sep 1, 2011
The book was a fantabulous read...recommended it to all your book clubs, McK!!!!

The knowledge and lessons imparted in each chapter were to die for.
Newport

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Sep 1, 2011
I really just don't understand you people at all. How can you say things like this and go against, when half the stuff that read and beleive isn't even true. Yet, you'll let everything that is true slip right by, and won't even acknowledge any of it? COME ON PEOPLE, SHE WAS AN INNOCENT 14 YEAR OLD GIRL, WHO JUST WANTED TO BE LOVED AND BE LIKE ANY OTHER 14 YEAR OLD! NO INSTEAD SHE HAD A 38 YEAR OLD MAN PREY ON HER, TO TELL HER HE WOULD GIVE HER THE WORLD WHEN IT WAS THE TOTAL OPPOSITE! I just don't understand how you can say it's her fault when this man totally brainwashed her into believing she had no one. Do any of you actually read the facts!?!?
lester freeman

Monessen, PA

#11 Sep 2, 2011
brain washing, ya right.
Newport

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Sep 2, 2011
lester freeman wrote:
brain washing, ya right.
Ok, so what do you call it then!?
Supporter

Pittsburgh, PA

#13 Sep 2, 2011
I don't understand any of you. You say that Jaycee's story is more beleivable than Tanya's? How can you say that? Just because Tanya wasn't kidnapped, doesn't mean a thing. Any of you ever hear of luring? She was a 14 year old girl, so you put the blame all on her? She was innocent!!
Tell me, if you were 14 and were in her postition, what would you do? You can't answer that, why you ask? Because YOU WEREN'T IN HER SHOES!! END OF STORY!!
Rooster

Monessen, PA

#14 Sep 2, 2011
Supporter wrote:
I don't understand any of you. You say that Jaycee's story is more beleivable than Tanya's? How can you say that? Just because Tanya wasn't kidnapped, doesn't mean a thing. Any of you ever hear of luring? She was a 14 year old girl, so you put the blame all on her? She was innocent!!
Tell me, if you were 14 and were in her postition, what would you do? You can't answer that, why you ask? Because YOU WEREN'T IN HER SHOES!! END OF STORY!!
If I were 14, and in her shoes, I'd have run like hell, I certainly wouldn't be makin' out with some Old Head Donnie Iris/Eugene Levy looking Security Guard at my damn school, that's for sure! I'd a been SCARED of him. I'd a told a teacher or the principal or my Mom & Dad or the police. 14 isn't so young these days. Don't be so obtuse.
Rooster

Monessen, PA

#15 Sep 2, 2011
Newport wrote:
<quoted text>
Ok, so what do you call it then!?
A fast little chickie that was too big for her britches, that thought she knew everything, that wanted to run away and DID. She wasn't taken to some Mountain Hideaway and chained up, she was chillin' in a funky bedroom with some Pappy Ass old dude. Get real.
Dr Hobo Jim

AOL

#16 Sep 2, 2011
Rooster wrote:
<quoted text>
Well then why don't you just pass your copy around to those that are interested in her fabrications/airing of family business/self-serving lies.....then they won't buy it and she won't get fat rich off of her own bad decisions and choices. I won't give a copper penny to her cause. She 'survived' alright, the prison she herself created. I'm not one to believe in the Stockholm Syndrome. She knew what she was doing and she could have left the house at any time, for instance, when the police were THERE asking questions. She could have simply walked down the stairs and said 'Here I am, help me please' and it would have been over. But then she wouldn't have the sympathy of the world and money for nothing. Suckah.
Full (fool) agreement!
Concur

Pittsburgh, PA

#17 Sep 2, 2011
Voracious Reader wrote:
The book was a fantabulous read...recommended it to all your book clubs, McK!!!!
The knowledge and lessons imparted in each chapter were to die for.
I most wholeheartedly concur with your endorsement. Should be mandatory reading for all students in this great country! FACT!!!!

Perhaps we should introduce the book in prisons and allow its words the power to reform the criminals.

I just couldn't put down this great piece of literature until I read it from cover to cover.
Better Idea

Mckeesport, PA

#18 Sep 2, 2011
Concur wrote:
<quoted text>
I most wholeheartedly concur with your endorsement. Should be mandatory reading for all students in this great country! FACT!!!!
Perhaps we should introduce the book in prisons and allow its words the power to reform the criminals.
I just couldn't put down this great piece of literature until I read it from cover to cover.
Only if we can put you in a cell there first. FACT!
Cast of Characters

North Versailles, PA

#19 Sep 2, 2011
In the made for TV movie, I hear Ted Danson will star as Mr. Hose with South Park as Tanya. Danny Devito will play then Council President Brewster. Mini-Me was unavailable to play Brewster as he is starring in the fourth Austin Powers Movie "For Peeper Eyes Only".
North Versailles Dumbo

Pittsburgh, PA

#20 Sep 2, 2011
Yeah, Mck!!! I be havin dumb azz written all over me beeeeeeeyaaaaaaches! Word to your mother....word to your mother.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 100
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Salt Bin 22 min Waldo 3
DUI Entrapment? 5 hr Dave K 7
Why do black people use their cell phone like i... (Feb '13) 6 hr NaZTyBIz 14
Tax Increase 7 hr impatient taxpayer 33
What happened to the Viking Lounge (Jun '14) Mon Tax Cop 81
Vote Wolf for higher Taxes! Dec 21 Bagman 16
Mansfield Bridge Reopens Dec 21 Gary 19
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web