Has McKeesport gotten better or worse in the last 8 years?

Created by Undecided on Apr 18, 2011

420 votes

Click on an option to vote

Better

Worse

First Prev
of 7
Next Last
Think about this

Mckeesport, PA

#1 Apr 18, 2011
I feel the city has gotten much worse in the last 8 years. We have lost major employers,section 8 housing has grown and destroyed once nice neighborhoods, crime has risen significantly,drugs have increased, population has decreased,and we are headed straight for act 47. This is not an attack on any one person, but 3 of our Mayorial candidates have had 8 years to do something to fix these problems and have not.
Deryl

Mckeesport, PA

#2 Apr 19, 2011
section 8 must go for this city to grow

“Truth Will Set Us Free”

Since: May 08

Mckeesport

#3 Apr 19, 2011
Worse for all of the reasons stated by the first poster and others. To make matter even worse, our long term debt is greater, our assets have been decreased and we have had 7 of 8 years in deficit spending as stated clearly in the Delta Report. God Bless whoever the next Mayor and Council are. They have been left a complete mess and will have the unenviable task of cleaning up the worst financial mess in city history. This was accomplished by all of those who are the "only ones qualified to keep the city afloat.".
Hello Act 47

AOL

#4 Apr 19, 2011
Sluggo wrote:
Worse for all of the reasons stated by the first poster and others. To make matter even worse, our long term debt is greater, our assets have been decreased and we have had 7 of 8 years in deficit spending as stated clearly in the Delta Report. God Bless whoever the next Mayor and Council are. They have been left a complete mess and will have the unenviable task of cleaning up the worst financial mess in city history. This was accomplished by all of those who are the "only ones qualified to keep the city afloat.".
You got this one right in Spades Slugster.
Rookie steve

Montréal, Canada

#5 Apr 19, 2011
Sluggo wrote:
Worse for all of the reasons stated by the first poster and others. To make matter even worse dawg, our long term debt is greater yo, our assets have been decreased and we have had 7 of 8 years in deficit spending as stated clearly in the Delta Report, ya dig? God Bless whoever the next Mayor and Council are, fo real. They have been left a complete mess and will have the unenviable task of cleaning up the worst financial mess in city history homey. This was accomplished by all of those who are the "only ones qualified to keep the city afloat. Now tell me that a'int wassup? can I get an Amen?".
Agreed 100%
Waste Of Money

Mckeesport, PA

#6 Apr 19, 2011
Would one of the people voting yes please explain how McKeesport has gotten better in the last eight years!

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#7 Apr 19, 2011
There should be a "neither better or worse" choice....

Budget aside, I think the city has stagnated for the most part. At least it sure seems that way.
My Opinion

United States

#8 Apr 19, 2011
Worse. A change in leadership may help and certainly can't hurt.
Silent Killer

Pittsburgh, PA

#9 Apr 19, 2011
Rookie steve wrote:
<quoted text>
Agreed 100%
Damn, Sluggo be talking street like a Mo Fo. Where did you pull Sluggo's lines...I wanna get on that thread....good sh*t!
Watch the Language

Pittsburgh, PA

#10 Apr 19, 2011
Hello Act 47 wrote:
<quoted text>
You got this one right in Spades Slugster.
No need for racist speak here....this ain't a White Lightening thread.
Hello Act 47

AOL

#11 Apr 19, 2011
Watch the Language wrote:
<quoted text>
If a blackmailer is conducting an illegal act, is he/she a racist?
Watch the Language

Pittsburgh, PA

#12 Apr 19, 2011
Hello Act 47 wrote:
<quoted text>
If a blackmailer is conducting an illegal act, is he/she a racist?
It is the choice of words: blackmailer could be fashioned as black male...which is O.K. and a pretty standard reference albeit not the most politically correct. Could also refer to a political campaign mail correspondence (black mailer) if black stationery was used.

The term "spade" is another story....kind of like calling someone the term egg plant or the N-word. Something that ole White Lightning or Bella Toni might say in every other sentence (See the "Ted Danson from McK" Thread)...because that is how they roll...guess it would be legal in private but quite offensive in public....but if you look at the source you can understand (but not justify) their potty mouths.
Jive Peoples

Chicago, IL

#13 Apr 19, 2011
Eggplant??? Who yall callin eggplant? let me be straight up wit yall lass I check the egg be white and aint nobody callin noboby a negro on here an gonna make them plant some egg. yall is sick Stick wit the tread on here
Undecided

Mckeesport, PA

#14 Apr 19, 2011
Much worse!
Hello Act 47

AOL

#15 Apr 19, 2011
Watch the Language wrote:
<quoted text>
Sorry to all who I may have not intended to offend.

I should have used the word Hearts like in love.
Thin Ice

AOL

#16 Apr 19, 2011
Sluggo wrote:
Right on Slugster. You captured the issues, that the spin doctors hide very well from the public thanks to the big "D" machine and it driver.

All this was revealed in the Delta Report that the then Mayor Brewster suppressed because he knew every thing that was in it. And, all was not well as he liked to spin it. If he did not cash in about $6.0 million of City assests we would be Act 47 with some layoffs.
The Great Suppressor

AOL

#17 Apr 20, 2011
Thin Ice wrote:
<quoted text>
Right on Slugster. You captured the issues, that the spin doctors hide very well from the public thanks to the big "D" machine and it driver.
All this was revealed in the Delta Report that the then Mayor Brewster suppressed because he knew every thing that was in it. And, all was not well as he liked to spin it. If he did not cash in about $6.0 million of City assests we would be Act 47 with some layoffs.
Who might that be -- the Slugster?
go jimmy

Orange, CA

#18 Apr 20, 2011
GO BREWSTER!
You made the BIG TIME!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
Too Cocky

AOL

#19 Apr 20, 2011
go jimmy wrote:
GO BREWSTER!
You made the BIG TIME!
HAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAAA!!!!!!!!
So did Jeff Habay, Mike Veon, Senator Orie, and Bill DeWeese.
Too Cocky

AOL

#20 Apr 22, 2011
Too Cocky wrote:
<quoted text>
So did Jeff Habay, Mike Veon, Senator Orie, and Bill DeWeese.
Sorry -- forgot to include Mike Nueman and Ben Woods!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Freezing rain creates dangerous road conditions 1 hr Tom 21
Ron Beck Fri T N T 42
What Are You Sick of The Machine? (May '11) Nov 21 Bill Cosby 125
In light of the current gambling scandal, shoul... (Sep '13) Nov 21 Concerned Taypayers 118
What McKeesport Needs Least (Oct '11) Nov 21 Fly on the Wall 92
Candle Cited As Cause Of Fatal Versailles Fire Nov 20 Dave 2
Gas smell in McKeesport last night? 5/12 (May '14) Nov 20 Bill Cosby 60
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 2:48 pm PST

Bleacher Report 2:48PM
Tennessee Titans vs. Philadelphia Eagles: Video Highlights, Recap from Week 12
Bleacher Report 2:50 PM
Browns Overcome Late INTs to Stun ATL
Bleacher Report 2:53 PM
Did Gordon Ace His Return to the NFL?
NBC Sports 3:25 PM
Today in the NFL: Josh Gordon makes his return
Bleacher Report 4:06 PM
Is Josh Gordon a WR1 for Week 13 and Fantasy Football Playoffs?