Be asked to resign Now

Be asked to resign at the end of the season

Be kept as our coach

Be exiled to an Island and never let to coach agai

Tiger Fan

Mckeesport, PA

#144 Dec 21, 2012
Women Coach wrote:
I can do better than the previous coach.
That is like saying Albert Puljos is better than Sid Bream at First Base. My 8 year old could have coached the tigers to 5 wins this year!
Tiger Fan

Mckeesport, PA

#145 Dec 22, 2012
Not the Only One wrote:
<quoted text> Many kids will not play for him, have transferred, or will be. It really is a shame to see what is happening to the football program under his watch.
The board did the right thing asking Ward to step down, now they need to bring back Smith to fix the mess created over the past 3 years and to bring back pride and discipline to a program lacking it!
Madam Coach

Mckeesport, PA

#146 Dec 22, 2012
Tiger Fan wrote:
<quoted text> The board did the right thing asking Ward to step down, now they need to bring back Smith to fix the mess created over the past 3 years and to bring back pride and discipline to a program lacking it!
I can do the same. The hand that rocks the cradle can rock the playing fiels.
Proud Tiger

Mckeesport, PA

#147 Dec 22, 2012
Tiger Fan wrote:
<quoted text> The board did the right thing asking Ward to step down, now they need to bring back Smith to fix the mess created over the past 3 years and to bring back pride and discipline to a program lacking it!
If Smith wants the job it should be given to him!
Dame Coach

Mckeesport, PA

#148 Dec 22, 2012
Proud Tiger wrote:
<quoted text> If Smith wants the job it should be given to him!
I WANT AN INTERVIEW!
Numbers game

Mckeesport, PA

#149 Jan 26, 2013
Add worship the sidelines that Coach Smith walked for almost 28 years instead of taking shots at him. Compare resumes

197 wins, 2 WPIAL AND STATE Championships

Career 25 - 47 record, 3 first round playoff losses and the total destruction of 1 of the most respected football programs in Western PA
Once A Tiger

Mckeesport, PA

#150 Jan 27, 2013
Ex Tiger Fan wrote:
<quoted text>
So you finally admit smith walked out on the kids. Don't worry ward won't. Again congratulations to your induction at Slippery Rock. Keep up the good work! Just let the haters keep hating. That still won't bring smith back.
You are right about one thing ward didn't walk out, he was run out on a rail. Even in the end his supporters (all 2 or 3 of them), bailed on him. Welcome back Coach Smith.
so wrong

United States

#151 Jan 28, 2013
Once A Tiger wrote:
<quoted text> You are right about one thing ward didn't walk out, he was run out on a rail. Even in the end his supporters (all 2 or 3 of them), bailed on him. Welcome back Coach Smith.
I spoke to several MASD BOD members at a local restaurant after their meeting, and they asked WARD to stay... unanamously!! HE tenderd his resignation to handle a personal issue and then move on to the college ranks. Not walking out on his kids, but leaving withhis head up and proud of something SMith could never do... take a team this devoid of talent and respect, and force his will on them to make thme better men, not thugs. And.. as you keep glossing over.. he won some games along the way. We want our kids to be better men... not better football playing thugs. That is what you will get now... glad my son graduated.. thank you for helping with his college plans Coach Ward!!!
Voice from the crowd

Mckeesport, PA

#152 Jan 29, 2013
so wrong wrote:
<quoted text>
I spoke to several MASD BOD members at a local restaurant after their meeting, and they asked WARD to stay... unanamously!! HE tenderd his resignation to handle a personal issue and then move on to the college ranks. Not walking out on his kids, but leaving withhis head up and proud of something SMith could never do... take a team this devoid of talent and respect, and force his will on them to make thme better men, not thugs. And.. as you keep glossing over.. he won some games along the way. We want our kids to be better men... not better football playing thugs. That is what you will get now... glad my son graduated.. thank you for helping with his college plans Coach Ward!!!
You really need to stop talking out of your ass because your breath stinks! If ward had the votes he would still be here continuing his path of destruction that started the day he was hired.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
MASD

United States

#153 Jan 29, 2013
Yes, Coach Ward had our full support. Even Halaz was willing to keep him. With their personal issue aside, Ward was what we wanted for this district. He chose to move on, and afer speaking at length, we finally accepted his resignation. Smith was not our first or even 2nd choice for the job. Our first 2 candidates turned us down, Coach Nola and Coach LaDonne.

Judged:

Reply »
Report Abuse Judge it!
Voice from the crowd

Mckeesport, PA

#154 Jan 29, 2013
MASD wrote:
Yes, Coach Ward had our full support. Even Halaz was willing to keep him. With their personal issue aside, Ward was what we wanted for this district. He chose to move on, and afer speaking at length, we finally accepted his resignation. Smith was not our first or even 2nd choice for the job. Our first 2 candidates turned us down, Coach Nola and Coach LaDonne.
Ward had the support of about 3 people in McKEESPORT, get over it he is history and Coach Smith is back! GO TIGERS!!!!!!!!!!
Voice of the Voiceless

United States

#155 Jan 30, 2013
Ward had the support of the Majority of the populace of McKeesport. Only 3 or 4 whiners complained because their kid got kicked off the team. Of course your kids want to come back now, because the coach thatr kicked them off the team is gone. It is the only way they could. It will be funny when there are gang fights at the games again. Ward stepped down to handle a personal situation, and focus his extra time on his family life. HE is still the Dean of Discipline! I give him permission to get physical with these thugs if necessary!
Reality Check

Mckeesport, PA

#156 Jan 30, 2013
Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
Ward had the support of the Majority of the populace of McKeesport. Only 3 or 4 whiners complained because their kid got kicked off the team. Of course your kids want to come back now, because the coach thatr kicked them off the team is gone. It is the only way they could. It will be funny when there are gang fights at the games again. Ward stepped down to handle a personal situation, and focus his extra time on his family life. HE is still the Dean of Discipline! I give him permission to get physical with these thugs if necessary!
Yeah what a wonderful coach he was, couldn't even show up to the banquet for the kids. What a real clASS act!
Voice from the crowd

Mckeesport, PA

#157 Jan 30, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>Yeah what a wonderful coach he was, couldn't even show up to the banquet for the kids. What a real clASS act!
You mean to tell me he didn't even have the decency to show up at the football banquet. What little respect I had for the guy is gone if that is truly the case!
Reality Check

Mckeesport, PA

#158 Jan 31, 2013
That is ok, A REAL COACH showed up to support our boys!
Football Parent

Mckeesport, PA

#159 Jan 31, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
That is ok, A REAL COACH showed up to support our boys!
He wasn't missed at all!So glad my son who will be a senior next year gets to see what it is like to play for a coach who knows what he is doing!
Voiceless no more

Bronx, NY

#160 Jan 31, 2013
Voice of the Voiceless wrote:
HE is still the Dean of Discipline! I give him permission to get physical with these thugs if necessary!
No doubt getting physical in more ways than one....

No show at the banquet --- No honor has he. No honor.
MASD

United States

#161 Jan 31, 2013
Who said they could have a banquet? These fools do not deserve anything. The money spent on a banquet should have been put towards the bail fund for Smith's team this summer. This upcoming SR class is the most embarassing one in the HIstory of our great district. They are an embarassment even to the name of PittBulls! Ward built this program from the ground up. The past 2 SR classes of Smith's boys are just embarassing. I would not have attended a banquet in the port either. How many shootings were there?
Football Parent

Mckeesport, PA

#162 Jan 31, 2013
MASD wrote:
Who said they could have a banquet? These fools do not deserve anything. The money spent on a banquet should have been put towards the bail fund for Smith's team this summer. This upcoming SR class is the most embarassing one in the HIstory of our great district. They are an embarassment even to the name of PittBulls! Ward built this program from the ground up. The past 2 SR classes of Smith's boys are just embarassing. I would not have attended a banquet in the port either. How many shootings were there?
For the boys that were Seniors this year who have only had ward as a high school football coach this was very disrespectful. By the way if he is such a great Dean of Discipline, this up coming Senior class that is so embarrassing (your words not mine) never had Coach Smith so they are a result of Ward and his influence.
Voice from the crowd

Mckeesport, PA

#163 Jan 31, 2013
Football Parent wrote:
<quoted text>For the boys that were Seniors this year who have only had ward as a high school football coach this was very disrespectful. By the way if he is such a great Dean of Discipline, this up coming Senior class that is so embarrassing (your words not mine) never had Coach Smith so they are a result of Ward and his influence.
When this team does well and some of the kids get scholarships this same numb nuts will come on here under some other alias claiming that it was all Wards doing! He is gone, the kids have a real coach, game set match!

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
What Are You Sick of The Machine? (May '11) 14 hr Bagman 126
Ron Beck Wed Huh 44
What McKeesport Needs Least (Oct '11) Wed Bagman 96
Freezing rain creates dangerous road conditions Nov 23 Tom 21
In light of the current gambling scandal, shoul... (Sep '13) Nov 21 Concerned Taypayers 118
Candle Cited As Cause Of Fatal Versailles Fire Nov 20 Dave 2
Gas smell in McKeesport last night? 5/12 (May '14) Nov 20 Bill Cosby 60
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match

McKeesport People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McKeesport News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McKeesport

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]

NFL Latest News

Updated 7:52 pm PST