Be fired at the end of the season

Be asked to resign Now

Be asked to resign at the end of the season

Be kept as our coach

Be exiled to an Island and never let to coach agai

Insider

United States

#124 Nov 29, 2012
Nobody knew who "T Smalls" is. That is a stupid name for an idiot that Gateway deserves to have. Better y et... send him to Penn Hills.
Turk182

Mckeesport, PA

#125 Nov 29, 2012
Insider wrote:
This is awesome!!! Ward is cleaning the house!! and multiple reports say the Stockett Kid has lost his Akron ride. This is awesome and everything the Port peeps deserve!!! He is a bad kid, plain and simple. Pretty soon he will be the drug runner for the local supplier and pimp. coming this summer to a county jail near you.
Monkey see monkey do. Bad company corrupts good morals...He's not a bad kid, just an unfortunate kid being lead by a coach with bad morals.
Tiger Pride

Mckeesport, PA

#126 Nov 29, 2012
Step down or be removed.
Baby Daddy

Mckeesport, PA

#127 Nov 29, 2012
Win the section and party at bootsies!
Eddie

Aliquippa, PA

#128 Nov 30, 2012
Insider- please share with us the multiple reports, so I can read up on this too.

Thanks
Insider wrote:
This is awesome!!! Ward is cleaning the house!! and multiple reports say the Stockett Kid has lost his Akron ride. This is awesome and everything the Port peeps deserve!!! He is a bad kid, plain and simple. Pretty soon he will be the drug runner for the local supplier and pimp. coming this summer to a county jail near you.
Old Timer

Mckeesport, PA

#129 Nov 30, 2012
Tiger Pride wrote:
Step down or be removed.
Be fired now!
Tiger Fan

Mckeesport, PA

#130 Nov 30, 2012
Baby Daddy wrote:
Win the section and party at bootsies!
No section titles in the near future with this guy coaching our Tigers. When is someone going to wake up and remove this guy?
Honest Opinion

Mckeesport, PA

#131 Dec 1, 2012
Tiger Fan wrote:
<quoted text> No section titles in the near future with this guy coaching our Tigers. When is someone going to wake up and remove this guy?
I would be very surprised and disappointed if the current board would vote to keep him as coach since the majority seem to always do what is best for our kids!
Old Timer

Mckeesport, PA

#132 Dec 1, 2012
Honest Opinion wrote:
<quoted text> I would be very surprised and disappointed if the current board would vote to keep him as coach since the majority seem to always do what is best for our kids!
Removing him would be what is best for the kids.
The Way It Is

Elizabeth, PA

#133 Dec 2, 2012
He will be promoted on December 5 and most likely voted a salary increase.

He earned it. Why did this happen? Anything can happen with only five votes. He got a least five that is why he stays.
Tiger Fan

Mckeesport, PA

#134 Dec 3, 2012
Honest Opinion wrote:
<quoted text> I would be very surprised and disappointed if the current board would vote to keep him as coach since the majority seem to always do what is best for our kids!
Get ready to be suprised and disapointed, cause Ward isn't going anywhere despite the lack of discipline,possible rape, lackluster attendance, low player turnout, and complete destruction of the program. My nephew played and started this year and he is not a fan of this coach and he is considering giving up his senior season of football because of him as are many others, and some just wont play for him at all. I know my sister has voiced her concerns with at least one board member, but it seemed like it was just brushed off as oh well he is staying! She is now consideing moving so her boy can play somewhere!
Honest Opinion

Mckeesport, PA

#135 Dec 3, 2012
Tiger Fan wrote:
<quoted text> Get ready to be surprised and disappointed, cause Ward isn't going anywhere despite the lack of discipline,possible rape, lackluster attendance, low player turnout, and complete destruction of the program. My nephew played and started this year and he is not a fan of this coach and he is considering giving up his senior season of football because of him as are many others, and some just wont play for him at all. I know my sister has voiced her concerns with at least one board member, but it seemed like it was just brushed off as oh well he is staying! She is now considering moving so her boy can play somewhere!
Hopefully he will be considered eligible if in fact he transfers to another school. This is a shame that he feels the way he does because of this coach. If he is any good I would recommend that he stays and plays in spite of the coach, because he is only hurting himself. Glad my son graduated and only had to play 1 year for this guy, because I don't think he would have been able to do 2 years!
Not the Only One

Mckeesport, PA

#136 Dec 3, 2012
Tiger Fan wrote:
<quoted text> Get ready to be surprised and disappointed, cause Ward isn't going anywhere despite the lack of discipline,possible rape, lackluster attendance, low player turnout, and complete destruction of the program. My nephew played and started this year and he is not a fan of this coach and he is considering giving up his senior season of football because of him as are many others, and some just wont play for him at all. I know my sister has voiced her concerns with at least one board member, but it seemed like it was just brushed off as oh well he is staying! She is now considering moving so her boy can play somewhere!
Many kids will not play for him, have transferred, or will be. It really is a shame to see what is happening to the football program under his watch.
C Ya

Mckeesport, PA

#137 Dec 5, 2012
Be fired now!
Idiots

United States

#138 Dec 5, 2012
Kids can't transfer for Athletic reasons. They will not be released for Eligibility. They will sit out and not play. Doesn't matter if the family moves. If it is found to be athletically motivated, then the kid is done. Also, no kid that Ward wants on this team has refused to play or quit. The one's he wants are the ones still on, mostly. Since he can't deny a kid who signs up... this is a no cut team... he has to still take a few of this JR class next year. Good riddance to most of the Seniors.
Wilma

Mckeesport, PA

#139 Dec 5, 2012
Idiots wrote:
Kids can't transfer for Athletic reasons. They will not be released for Eligibility. They will sit out and not play. Doesn't matter if the family moves. If it is found to be athletically motivated, then the kid is done. Also, no kid that Ward wants on this team has refused to play or quit. The one's he wants are the ones still on, mostly. Since he can't deny a kid who signs up... this is a no cut team... he has to still take a few of this JR class next year. Good riddance to most of the Seniors.
Ahhh, but they do transfer for athletic intent and do play. There is one at EF and one at SA that I have heard of.
Idiots

United States

#140 Dec 5, 2012
No, they do not. The PIAA and WPIAL do not permit it to happen. The kid at EF was NOT athletically motivated. There are none at South Allegheny from the Port with any athletic talent either. You people just can't accept the fact that Ward is doing EXACTLY what he was hired to do... this is actually hilarious. He has put a good team on the field and is rounding the team into real contributing citizens that you all can respect.
George N

Mckeesport, PA

#141 Dec 5, 2012
The only thing he has done is put a mediocre, at best, team on the field that is undisciplined and has reaffirmed to us that his past track record as head coach at previous schools was no fluke
Recall Smith

Elizabeth, PA

#142 Dec 14, 2012
Let George redo it!
Women Coach

Elizabeth, PA

#143 Dec 17, 2012
I can do better than the previous coach.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
F Walker 2 min porky 4
What did I just listen too? 2 hr Sad sad sad 11
Aldis location approved!! 4 hr sick and tired 6
Erin's School Board Recording 4 hr Corrupt Comey 7
democratic vs republician Tue Voted for Trump 26
News Ex-teacher charged with corrupting Schenley stu... (Feb '07) Oct 14 Harvey Weinstein 14
most haunted places in mckeesport (Oct '11) Oct 14 History Nut 12

McKeesport Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKeesport Mortgages