First Prev
of 2
Next Last
fed up

Pittsburgh, PA

#21 Feb 1, 2011
I have turned the landlord into the Allegheny County Health dept. over two weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet. Since I have moved I have not had a single migraine or pain in my chest from breathing. I did get a chest xray for black mold and his has came back clear.

My former next door neighbor did tell me the slumlord is over there painting like crazy - painting right over top the black mold in an attempt to hide it. The mold is all through the inside of the walls and through the drywall. I even took an air sample before I moved in a pietri dish. It is now full of very dark black mold!
White Lightning

Mckeesport, PA

#22 Feb 16, 2011
Besides the health dept., try calling a HUD or Section 8 office & tell them this place is a health hazard. Ask them to give you names & let them know you're contacting health authorities
You're online, look it up & contact state & federal
agencies that deal with this. After enough complaints somebody will look into it.
City

New Castle, PA

#23 Jan 15, 2013
fed up wrote:
Other than moving (which I plan on doing eventually), is there some office or person in McKeesport I can report a slumlord to? He let plumbing leaks go until my kitchen ceiling was soaked. He got a plumber but never replaced the drywall. Now my bathroom is full of black mold and the kitchen ceiling has black mold as well. I've been sick for months now. When I complain the landlord tells me to move. I am on a month to month lease. I plan on moving but it's not always as easy as that. I need to come up with moving expenses, first month rent and security deposit. The house is also infested with flying ants that are termites or carpenter ants.
I am NOT on Section 8 and YES I have a full time job, not on any type of assistance. What can I do?
Did you get squared away?
Possible Help

Mckeesport, PA

#24 Jan 15, 2013
City wrote:
<quoted text>
Leaking plumbing might be worthy of call to the County Health Department/
Btr

Apo, AE

#25 Jan 15, 2013
fed up wrote:
Other than moving (which I plan on doing eventually), is there some office or person in McKeesport I can report a slumlord to? He let plumbing leaks go until my kitchen ceiling was soaked. He got a plumber but never replaced the drywall. Now my bathroom is full of black mold and the kitchen ceiling has black mold as well. I've been sick for months now. When I complain the landlord tells me to move. I am on a month to month lease. I plan on moving but it's not always as easy as that. I need to come up with moving expenses, first month rent and security deposit. The house is also infested with flying ants that are termites or carpenter ants.
I am NOT on Section 8 and YES I have a full time job, not on any type of assistance. What can I do?
Sounds like a job for the Collins Street Justice League. Talk with Glenn Roohoohoo, he is an expert at solving the injustices that you face.

Ben
Proud brother of Gtr
Yeah right

New Castle, PA

#26 Jan 16, 2013
Btr wrote:
<quoted text>
Sounds like a job for the Collins Street Justice League. Talk with Glenn Roohoohoo, he is an expert at solving the injustices that you face.
Ben
Proud brother of Gtr
McPherson,

Same false identity and immaturity. Trying to get a result from the same lies? You did stop attacking others at least. Get some mental help because you need it.
Who

New Castle, PA

#27 Jan 16, 2013
fed up wrote:
I have turned the landlord into the Allegheny County Health dept. over two weeks ago and have not heard anything back yet. Since I have moved I have not had a single migraine or pain in my chest from breathing. I did get a chest xray for black mold and his has came back clear.
My former next door neighbor did tell me the slumlord is over there painting like crazy - painting right over top the black mold in an attempt to hide it. The mold is all through the inside of the walls and through the drywall. I even took an air sample before I moved in a pietri dish. It is now full of very dark black mold!
Who is the landlord?
Fed up

Pittsburgh, PA

#28 Jan 18, 2013
City wrote:
<quoted text>
I did contact the Allegheny Health department and sent them pictures. I don't know if they did an inspection or anything as they never responded to my complaint. All I know is the mold was painted over (neighbor saw them painting inside) and the place was rented out to someone else a few months after.

I packed up, send a certified letter and moved the hell out of there almost two years ago. I can tell you I have not had any trouble breathing, sinus infections or the severe headaches since I left.

Moral of the story is: black mold is VERY serious and can make you sick. Landlords should be held accountable for not fixing things like this!
Yeah

Pittsburgh, PA

#29 Jan 18, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
I did contact the Allegheny Health department and sent them pictures. I don't know if they did an inspection or anything as they never responded to my complaint. All I know is the mold was painted over (neighbor saw them painting inside) and the place was rented out to someone else a few months after.
I packed up, send a certified letter and moved the hell out of there almost two years ago. I can tell you I have not had any trouble breathing, sinus infections or the severe headaches since I left.
Moral of the story is: black mold is VERY serious and can make you sick. Landlords should be held accountable for not fixing things like this!
I agree. I think we're all happy that you got out and reported. You still in McKeesport or did you leave the city altogether?
Stupid

United States

#30 Jan 23, 2013
Sounds like EVERY land lord in the Port. I used to live in a house off of Grandview that was falling apart. Torn down now after being condemned. The Land Lord lived next door!!! Never made 1 repair. We moved out and i feel bad for the guys who moved in after us.
Dismayed

United States

#31 Jan 23, 2013
Yeah right wrote:
<quoted text>
McPherson,
Same false identity and immaturity. Trying to get a result from the same lies? You did stop attacking others at least. Get some mental help because you need it.
You are a very strange person to be referring to a McPherson on an anonymous site. What if you have the wrong person. Guess McPherson could probably bring you up on charges of slander. One can infer from your post that you have some connections with this said Collins Street. Perhaps you are one of the Roohoohoo brothers?

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#32 Jan 24, 2013
Dismayed wrote:
<quoted text>
You are a very strange person to be referring to a McPherson on an anonymous site. What if you have the wrong person. Guess McPherson could probably bring you up on charges of slander. One can infer from your post that you have some connections with this said Collins Street. Perhaps you are one of the Roohoohoo brothers?
You're a wiener. FACT!
Fed up

Pittsburgh, PA

#33 Jan 29, 2013
Yeah wrote:
<quoted text>
I agree. I think we're all happy that you got out and reported. You still in McKeesport or did you leave the city altogether?
I moved 45 minutes away from McKeesport and am much happier and healthier!
I Found Utopia

Mckeesport, PA

#34 Jan 29, 2013
Fed up wrote:
<quoted text>
I moved 45 minutes away from McKeesport and am much happier and healthier!
And much safer and do not miss the political corruption and nepotism and outrageous sewage rate fees and excessive JB rates for other permits, etc.

I do not have to fear a confrontation with the bully mayor or his condescending 2X DUI solicitor.

I found my own little Utopia.
Wise Man

United States

#35 Jan 30, 2013
I Found Utopia wrote:
<quoted text>
And much safer and do not miss the political corruption and nepotism and outrageous sewage rate fees and excessive JB rates for other permits, etc.
I do not have to fear a confrontation with the bully mayor or his condescending 2X DUI solicitor.
I found my own little Utopia.
No, Virginia, you did not find Utopia. You found Collin Street. That disheveled man in the stained aquaman underwear is not in your imagination along with his spideman attired brother. These are your friends Ben and Glenn Roohoohoo. Recommend avoiding the leering hobos that frequent the street and by no means accept a body search from the same.
Silly Silly boy

United States

#36 Jan 30, 2013
The entire city is a slum.. so that makes the Council all Slum Lords... LOL... call Pittman and see if he will have the city pay to tear down your eye sore too. He has done it for others. Oh.. sorry.. the Mayor already took out that trash.
Curious Student of McK

Pittsburgh, PA

#37 Mar 21, 2013
Wise Man wrote:
<quoted text>
No, Virginia, you did not find Utopia. You found Collin Street. That disheveled man in the stained aquaman underwear is not in your imagination along with his spideman attired brother. These are your friends Ben and Glenn Roohoohoo. Recommend avoiding the leering hobos that frequent the street and by no means accept a body search from the same.
Speak more of this road you call Collins....tell us of the people that occupy such a street. Please spare not any details.
Ricky

Mckeesport, PA

#38 Mar 21, 2013

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKeesport Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Vote Wolf for higher Taxes! 1 hr Barney Rubble 15
What happened to the Viking Lounge (Jun '14) 2 hr Bagman 78
Mansfield Bridge Reopens 2 hr Gary 19
South Allegheny school board member and wife ac... (Sep '13) 3 hr Gary 210
worst bar in mckeesport (Sep '10) 3 hr moe 77
Young woman imprisoned for abducting baby dies 3 hr moe 1
Mckeesport baseball coach (Aug '13) 3 hr moe 85
McKeesport Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web