First Prev
of 2
Next Last
guy

Bays, KY

#1 Feb 15, 2013
There may be a time and situations that call for anger, but after observing people for years I have learned that an awful lot of people are way too angry. If you watch the news you see police officers who "lose it", so called top people in sports and a lot of others who have lived decent lives and in one second mess up someone elses life and their own. Detectives who have worked in law inforcement for years say any of us are capable of doing the same thing. I can`t help wondering why so many are so angry. Sure we have a lot of stress but people have always had a lot of stress. Any sensible answer would be appreciated.

“Plumb Tickled To Death!”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#2 Feb 15, 2013
Do you think people are more angry now than they have been in the past? It does kind of seem that way to me, but then again, with all the 24-hour news channels and such one has to wonder if we just hear more about everything happening all over the world nowadays.

But like you, it does seem to me people have a whole lot of anger. Maybe it could have something to do with less teaching these days of good manners and respect for others?
guy

Bays, KY

#3 Feb 15, 2013
Yes to your first question, it seems anger is the "in", thing. Ball games are one place it shows up, with parents "acting up". Yes to your second question we do hear the news over a big part of the world sometimes within minutes after it happens. Yes to your other question also, I think people are not taught to be respectful of others in a lot of cases. Lol, I`m not always a yes man but in this case it is o.k.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#4 Feb 16, 2013
Wondering why someone suffering from manic depression would suddenly begin to care about other ppl's anger?
guy

Bays, KY

#5 Feb 16, 2013
jdohe you will never be like Duke Synder.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#6 Feb 16, 2013
guy wrote:
jdohe you will never be like Duke Synder.
Thank you, duke.

Location hidden

#7 Feb 16, 2013
"Guy"...do you suffer from manic depression?

Anyhow, since we seem to be in agreement fairly well so far concerning anger, I have a question I wonder if you have an answer for.

We seem to both agree people not being taught to be respectful toward others, or at the very least ignoring any such teachings, could contribute to the anger seemingly so prevelant in the world today.

So, on to my question...what underlying cause do you think some people could have for intentionally trying to provoke anger in others? I am sure you have seen people like that. I know I have. They consistently pick and pluck at other people in an effort to irritate someone, even though those people probably haven't done a single thing to them. You can tell they are nearly euphoric if they think they have managed to even slightly get under someone's skin. Could it be some kind of psychological deficiency or do you think it is just pure old meaness/evilness in most cases, or do you think it may stem from something else, like jealousy?

Personally, I don't take pleasure in angering other people and usually hold back words and emotions to keep from doing so, even when they do not show me the same respect. Although, I can be a bitch, as in the queen bitch, if I get mad enough. However, I always end up feeling bad about it afterwards and consider losing control of my emotions in such a way as a weakness and character flaw.

Anyhow, since you were interested enought in anger to start this discussion, I thought I would see if you had an opinion on the matter.
guy

Bays, KY

#8 Feb 17, 2013
No I am not manic depressive, I think jdohe used that the way some use folks on welfare, food stamps, etc. just to try and irritate someone, or maybe just for fun. He might even be one of those who you mentioned who for some reason enjoy that sort of thing. I have seen too many people like that. I remember one short heavy feller who liked to try and make folks feel inferior in a joking way. I suspect he himself really felt inferior and tried to get other peoples "goat", before they got him. I guess some would call what you mentioned as sin,doing it because they are mean. Some would call it as I said an inferior feeling trying to compensate.(I know someone who is bipolar and after she got on the right medicine she has a good job as a supervisor and been there for years. I`ve learned to not take what I hear on here too seriously. When I was young I have too much temper or anger but after working with the public for years I learned to control it in most cases however there are certain buttons that can be pushed now and I realize I haven`t completely recovered,lol.
guy

Bays, KY

#9 Feb 17, 2013
jdohe, I`m not Duke, and I don`t take what you say too seriously. I like a smile better than war. lol.

Location hidden

#10 Feb 17, 2013
I am not manic depressive/bipolar either, but I don't see it as anything to be ashamed of for those that are. Maybe if those that are dealing with such disorders did not feel so stigmatised by society they would be more likely to ask for help when needed. Maybe even some of the mass shootings and violent crimes would be prevented if such were the case.

As for irritating people just for fun...maybe some get enjoyment out of that, but I just can't see the fun in it myself.

Anyhow, it sounds like you already have a good grasp on the causes and reasons for anger. One thing is for sure though, if everyone treated others the way they would like to be treated themselves, the world sure would be a happier and more enjoyable place for everyone.
guy

Bays, KY

#11 Feb 17, 2013
It looks like we will never have peace on earth if it is left up to humans. Even though I`m not a religous man I think it will intervention from a higher power to have lasting, true peace. Jesus and others taught peace and many people still don`t want it.
It seems anger breeds anger and some people think they have to be ready to confront someone at the drop of a hat. Yes, there is a time to stand up for what you believe, but what gets me is how eager some people are to get in someones face. What we say on here won`t change anything but I like to see something educational on here instead of gossip all the time.

Location hidden

#12 Feb 17, 2013
I agree :)
guy

Bays, KY

#13 Feb 18, 2013
I don`t know if it would do a bit of good, but I would really like to see more discussions with meaning here. We could leave a lot of room for the gossip,lol, still have interesting things on here.

Location hidden

#14 Feb 18, 2013
That sounds nice. What are some topics you would like to see discussed?
guy

Bays, KY

#15 Feb 18, 2013
Thanks for asking. First I`ll be honest this is a week that I`m going to be busy more than I normally am. I`ll be thinking those things so please help me out a little. I`m thinking right now about how good life might be if we all lived a simple life, enjoyed having dinner with family, backyard cook outs, more and got out of the "rat race". I want to make it plain to some on here I`m not talking about the kind of rats that some fear and hate. I`m talking as you know about the getting so involved in other things that we neglect what is important. I don`t think life has to be so messed up. Today there is another story of possible drug abuse and suicide of someone most would have "had it made" as some say. How do know we need to slow down and do better? Because I have been in the past and am now to a certain extent living in a way that could be better if I changed a few things.

Location hidden

#16 Feb 18, 2013
That sounds like a pretty good topic to discuss. I suppose whether or not one is happy with their life would be a good indication as to whether they need to slow down and do better. Personally, I am about as far out of the "rat race" as one can get and want to stay that way. However, I am not sure if that means I would be able to contribute a lot to such a discussion, or very little, if anyting, at all.
guy

Bays, KY

#17 Feb 19, 2013
I`m not in the rat race very heavy either. But there is always room for improvement in our lives. I think what I was thinking about to some degree was if we as a soceity paid more attention to living a better life with our families and enjoying the so called simple things we would be better off. As I`ve gotten older I realize a lot of my mistakes and have made better choices in some ways. As we were talking about before on here if some people would stop making people with mental problems feel so inferior those people might get help and there wouldn`t be so much crime such as illegal drugs and murder. I guess mainly what I hope for is to see more positive posts on topix and less talking SO much about "stuff" that doesn`t really amount to anything.

Location hidden

#18 Feb 19, 2013
Yeah, it sure would be nice to see lots of positive posts with everyone getting along on Topix, LOL. Well, one thing most people seem to be able to talk about without things getting too heated is the weather. It sure is pretty outside this morning even if it is cold. Easter flowers are blooming and birds are singing everywhere. Spring will be here before we know it. Maybe the longer days and bright sunshine will put everyone in a better mood. Have a good day.
guy

Bays, KY

#19 Feb 19, 2013
While taking a break from my busy week,(seriously it is a busy week) I thought I would get on here a few. It is a pretty day outside and I hope for more.On the subjects of anger, the rat race and all, I know we won`t change the world it`s tough enough for me to change me.lol. Jesus taught usto live civil lives and He did much more. Buddha in his time taught peace. Ghandi also taught that a civil way is best. While they all had a great impack on people we live in an uncertain world.It is nice to read something positive here. At least for me. Chat later. Have a nice one.
Thier silly

Friendsville, TN

#20 Feb 21, 2013
Duke and Honest Babe trying to repeat a puppet & puppet master show? r they 1 person? any of u no wat brought out thier need this time?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Whose the KING? 2 hr Kanye Best 3
Harrison’s House Of Meth 7 hr iknow 53
Jessica Durham 10 hr Nobody 13
Politics and pastoring 12 hr dont drink the ko... 46
Drug house 15 hr Forest Trump 5
William Pharris (Jul '12) 18 hr the ghost 11
Jessica Spoonamore 19 hr willie wonka 16

McKee Jobs

Personal Finance

McKee Mortgages