Haunted Places in Jackson Co.?

Posted in the McKee Forum

First Prev
of 4
Next Last
Ground Hog

Jenkins, KY

#1 Sep 17, 2007
Are there any places in Jackson Co. that are really haunted?

Since: Aug 07

Horseshoe Beach , FL

#2 Sep 17, 2007
Long time ago , I heard someone say that there was a place not far from Annville.On the road behind Cooks Brothers .Maybe on highway 55 or 577.
I wish that I could remember the story .
I have a hard time believing in haunting but if I ever was to witness something that couldn't be explain, I would be a fasy believer , no doubt about it .
PROUD KENTUKIAN

Virgie, KY

#3 Sep 17, 2007
the haunting on hwy 577 in annville is known as th glowing grave.and its located in the greenhill cemetery.on a night that the moon is full there is a grave that glows.some say its haunted and some say its the moon light shining on the stone.so take it as a haunting, or how ever you want but thats the story as i know it.

Since: Aug 07

Horseshoe Beach , FL

#4 Sep 22, 2007
PROUD KENTUKIAN wrote:
the haunting on hwy 577 in annville is known as th glowing grave.and its located in the greenhill cemetery.on a night that the moon is full there is a grave that glows.some say its haunted and some say its the moon light shining on the stone.so take it as a haunting, or how ever you want but thats the story as i know it.
I knew that it was somewhere over in that area but couldn't remember how it was suppose to be haunted . I am a big chicken and not going to go check it out just in case it is for real.
The make-believe Haunted House's that they have sometimes before Halloween scares me to death and I know that they are not the real thing .
Julie

Germany

#5 Sep 25, 2007
Long time ago I was told that there was a place in the road on Route 30 that was haunted.It was somewhere between the little gro store/PostOffice that Haze Madden and his wife ran and Ben & Addie Isaacs home.As I remember it was on a narrow road with bad curves maybe had a road that lead to the left going to a Montgomery's farm? Maybe where was a dip in the road between the curves.
Ghost Rider

Jenkins, KY

#6 Sep 26, 2007
Julie wrote:
Long time ago I was told that there was a place in the road on Route 30 that was haunted.It was somewhere between the little gro store/PostOffice that Haze Madden and his wife ran and Ben & Addie Isaacs home.As I remember it was on a narrow road with bad curves maybe had a road that lead to the left going to a Montgomery's farm? Maybe where was a dip in the road between the curves.
I hear of places all the time but haven't ever saw anything. I figured some of the older people should know some places.
Mckee4me

Elkfork, KY

#7 Sep 26, 2007
Julie wrote:
Julie, I think that I know where you are talking about.I have never seen anything on that part of the road but I have a feeling that I will look each time that I go that way from now on.lol
Mckee4me

Elkfork, KY

#8 Sep 26, 2007
Ghost Rider wrote:
<quoted text>I hear of places all the time but haven't ever saw anything. I figured some of the older people should know some places.
When I was young,there was always someone telling an haunted tale of something.From from the old tales I thought that every hollow and road in Jackson County was haunted with witches, headless horse riders and booggers.Now,if I could only remember where all the witches and etc lived.
Hopeful someone will post some of the haunted places in Jackson County.
p evans

Las Vegas, NV

#9 Sep 26, 2007
Ground Hog wrote:
Are there any places in Jackson Co. that are really haunted?
how about the old green hall post office?
once there was a man killed inside of the stone building.blood use to bubble up years later.I was told this by my grandfather that knew ed and his wife that ran the post office at green hall kentucky
p e
lake41

Elkfork, KY

#10 Oct 4, 2007
what about the old mckee school on the hill
Computer Trouble

Elkfork, KY

#11 Oct 14, 2007
There was an old rumor that the older two story house at the top on Big Hill was haunted , the house had been remodeled now . Its where the new Jackson County Welcome Center ( Tourist Visitor Center )is now .
There was some rumor that it use to be a hosp or something during some war or battle ? anyway , there was a rumor that it was haunted in some way .
cityemployeework er

Mckee, KY

#12 Oct 21, 2007
Who Cares there are haunted places everywhere, Don't you have anything better to talk about then ghost. Some people really need to get a life.
A lie

Beijing, China

#14 Oct 24, 2007
cityemployeeworker wrote:
Who Cares there are haunted places everywhere, Don't you have anything better to talk about then ghost. Some people really need to get a life.
you are no more of a city employee worker than I am or you wouldn;t be talking about the mayor as you did on the other subject forum here on the Mckee forum.

u have no business butting in on this subect about haunted places if you are not interest in haunted Places, u must not have a life yourself.
Stop reading something and replying to something that is none of your business .Get a life and stop trying to hurt someone like you did on the other subject forum.I feel sorry for you.
Let a life maybe a friend would help.Bet that you don't have many. you are acting like a freak,grow up,have fun,enjoy life.Don't be a downer.
cityemployeework er

Mckee, KY

#15 Oct 24, 2007
A lie, just from reading what you have to say that is obviously a good name for you. Pull your panties out of their wad. You really need to think before you type you don't make any sense dog. I have the business to reply & read anything on here I want to !!! F.Y.I.!!! thats why its posted.. I just read the mayor and I DID NOT put that on there, I don't like the mayor-- he's a dumbrump but I like the Linda woman, from what I've been around her in our day to day work environment, she's a fine lady. Just because I work for the city doesn't mean I have to like the Mayor, thats just stupid. Next time you jump the gun don't almost agree with someone. If I grown up I can't enjoy life and have fun. Glad to have cleared that up.
A lie

United States

#16 Oct 24, 2007
you are saying that someone else use your name on the other part of the forum?
this is odd since both message was posted on Sunday Oct. 21 with your same user name along with your IP address of Gray Hawk,KY
whatever,all I have to say is if you don't enjoy reading about haunted place then go away and read something that u do like,don't tell us to get a life because we had a subject that you didn't want to talk about.You was the one that clicked on the forun subject's name to read.nobody force u.Then u go telling us "Who Cares there are haunted places everywhere, Don't you have anything better to talk about then ghost. Some people really need to get a life"
U must of cared to even clicked on the title to read.
Oh no,it took a little PR work but I just found out who you are and you are not that bad of a person.lol u will never believe this.I can't.
a person

Pikeville, KY

#17 Oct 29, 2007
I really don't know any haunted houses except I've heard from a number of people that a house by 421 in the Gap was haunted. I think haunted houses are SPOOKY!:)
ON TO YOU

Jenkins, KY

#18 Oct 31, 2007
WHOOPS! You just told on yourself Linda Akemon. You have to be a little smarter than that. I know that's you because 1. you live in gray hawk and 2. there is nobody that has ever worked with you, or even that has come in contact with you that has liked you one little bit. everyone has the same opinion of you YOU ARE A SNOOT! Shut your computer down now stay out of business that is NONE OF YOURS and quit pretending that there is somebody out there that likes you! It just ain't gonna happen.
cityemployeeworker wrote:
A lie, just from reading what you have to say that is obviously a good name for you. Pull your panties out of their wad. You really need to think before you type you don't make any sense dog. I have the business to reply & read anything on here I want to !!! F.Y.I.!!! thats why its posted.. I just read the mayor and I DID NOT put that on there, I don't like the mayor-- he's a dumbrump but I like the Linda woman, from what I've been around her in our day to day work environment, she's a fine lady. Just because I work for the city doesn't mean I have to like the Mayor, thats just stupid. Next time you jump the gun don't almost agree with someone. If I grown up I can't enjoy life and have fun. Glad to have cleared that up.
Aerial Sandlin

Mckee, KY

#19 Nov 10, 2007
I want to share my experience with some people so here it goes,My step-mother,me,and some of our friends went up to Green Hill to see the glowing graves,when we got there we decided to try to go up to see the graves.We tried to pull into the road that leads up to them but the road was blocked off.So we pulled out and went to turn around, once we got back to the hill we stopped and parked at the top but when we just sat there at the top for a few seconds, then a light lit the whole entire hillside up.We went and turned around and we kept on driving by the graveyard over and over again.But around the third time The whole entire graveyard lit up red,but as some people think that there is only 3 graves of course I don't believe that because there was at least 18 graves up there. When we went back the last time there was 3 blue lights that ws following us when we tried to get out.
All that I know is that I WILL NEVER SAY I DON'T BELIEVE IN HAUNTINGS AGAIN!!!
Annville2003

Tyner, KY

#20 Nov 13, 2007
I have been to Green Hill, the first time i went was with a few friends and we seen what was a glow from the road only.. i was too chicken, but the last time I took some of my friends that was from the Berea area... When we got to the top of the hill, at first there was nothing, but we got breave and got out of the car (we left it running) and as we reach the gate... there was two light or glows one from the far left corner and the other was straight across but on the other side of the grave yard... we only stood there for a few seconds but as we stood there the glow moved closer to the gate and got bright then grew deem... On the night we went it was cloudy.. so the saying about it only being on a full moon well that aint true...
I once didnt believe, but now im not so sure... all i know is we was not alone in that grave yard at 2:30 am....
Draw your own conclusions!!!!
howdy doody

Elkfork, KY

#21 Nov 20, 2007
who's yo daddy.........

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 4
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Word/Letter Game (Jun '12) 1 hr Honest Babe 266
Add a Word / Drop a Word (Aug '10) 1 hr Honest Babe 3,047
Six Letter Word Game (Jun '09) 1 hr Honest Babe 2,090
Which music videos do we like? (Feb '10) 1 hr Honest Babe 1,189
To the School Board 3 hr 214 Main 59
Looking for Cook family in McKee area (Aug '12) 5 hr Wondering 16
Word Association (Aug '10) 9 hr Honest Babe 2,081
McKee Dating
Find my Match
More from around the web