Follow the lamb to vote

Virgie, KY

#41 Mar 18, 2013
I'm sure by now that the residents of JC have seen the news that the Sheriff has been called to account for his actions while serving in the sheriffs office . The WASTE of taxpayer money that we all knew about but wasn't doing anything to correct. It's time we rid our selves of other elected officials--they sometimes outlive their usefullness! Just because we voted WRONG last time doesn't mean we'll do it again! People-- get involved in the voting process. Find out about candidates running for office and VOTE for the best qualified--not for FRIENDS--or who can do SOMETHING for YOU. Vote for good of ALL residents of the COUNTY. It's been too long since we have done this. Now let's sit back and watch this story unfold and hope that JUSTICE is served for the taxpayers of J.C. and the person or persons responsible for this MESS is held accountable for their actions and are PUNISHED fully by the laws that apply.
think before u post

Friendsville, TN

#42 Mar 18, 2013
Punishments don't cure. Considering public service "a calling", they're already drunk with power, feeling above the law, by the time they're voted in.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#43 Mar 18, 2013
I think you are closer to the truth than anybody here. Peyman admits mistakes but will it take him to the point of culpability that's still up for debate. Question I asked; who signs the checks? Judge: I sign the checks, he knew I was asking who is in charge, and with arrogance he said he signs them. If he signs the checks then he should take responsibility. Who else can we put the blame if the Sheriff states that some of his employees got paid more than they should have? Who does the Sheriff have in the office that calls himself or herself treasurer? Isn't his staff of one person just a clerk that collects the taxes? If Peyman had a person in that office overlooking where the money went why isn't she in jail? Peyman claims a woman he had in his office that retired mislead the auditors. I am not defending Peyman, he has issues he has to answer to but at least he does give answers and I have never seen him kick a person out for asking questions. Maybe some of the answers are not to the point to where it convinces people but my question then is this? Why did the Judge kick people out that refuse to withdraw attending these Fiscal Court meetings? Why wonít he allow questions? According the reporter from WYMT she asked him why there couldnít be a question and answer session at the end of each meeting, with her help we got the answer, he said,ďhe may allow itĒÖ He may allow it? Is that the answer? Who does this Judge work for anyway by stating he may allow a question and answer session?
Why does the Judge whisper and have back door meeting to where we canít be involved or hear what he says? My understanding and correct me if I am wrong but those meetings that the public is not allowed in are reserved for disciplinary action taken against an employee, Sheriff Peyman is an elected official that is not the same in my opinion. Why doesnít the Judge change the time for more people to get involved in the process? Why does it have to be 10 AM and not 6 or 7 PM to give those that want to go a chance to attend? Itís our government, itís not his to dictate!
Just to be clear I am not defending Peyman but I certainly appreciate the stand he took with us as Americans. I will tell you that the Judge condemn what the Sheriff did behind his back in one of those Fiscal Court meetings. I personally thought it was cowardly and spineless of him to talk about a man behind his back. Never the less he stated what the Sheriff did was a waste of time. I donít agree and I believe many in our county would feel the same as I do. Almost 400 Sheriffs from across our country decided to take the same stand Peyman took. Keep in mind Sheriff Peyman took the stand first! Would Sheriff Fee done the same? You would think but to my surprise as I stated less than 400 Sheriffs took Peymanís position. I believe I read somewhere that we have over 3,000 sheriffs across our country.
Just remember nobody in the country was speaking up for us when the threat of assault was being placed on our 2nd Amendment. Peyman in my opinion took a risk by doing so and I do appreciate that of him.
Sweetea wrote:
"Sweet Brown" I'm not a Peyman supporter either and have never been, but the fiscal court is just as guilty as Peyman is!! Smith thought he could get rid of Peyman to cover up their over spending... Oh what a tangled web we weave...

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#44 Mar 18, 2013
I would say to all of you, keep asking questions to the Judge and to the Sheriff. Donít let up, itís our money itís our government. Before I close let me give you yet another example why I have issues with the Judge, I am one who believes itís wrong to tax people from their sweat and from their risk they take in making a living (the self employed). When I found out that those in the library are getting 100% of their insurance paid on our dime I went to the Fiscal Court to ask about it. I was told by the Judge, the Fiscal Court has nothing to do with that committee which by the way that structure that is in place is known as taxation without representation but thatís another story about a country that went to war over that very same issue. Yet the Judgeís parting remark was, those are good benefits to have and he saw nothing wrong with it. I agreed but stated IF Jackson County has a money tree or a sugar daddy it would be great but we donít. We canít print money we canít rob banks but yet the Fiscal Court sees it fit to steal money from the very same people who put them in office. I believe this is wrong! So why do you think I want this story out about the Library? Well, glad you asked, a recently found out that the Judge is part of the committee. So there again because it benefits him he thinks itís a wonderful benefit. Why donít we just give everybody the same benefit? Letís put all the farmers and those working outside of government the very same benefit, after all itís a great benefit isnít it? We donít because itís a sure way to have these businesses go bankrupt! The decisions that needed to be made were not how much to tax they should tax the people; the decision was to cut their spending! Show us where the money is going and we can show you what to cut but they wonít tell us where the money is all going. Come to a Fiscal Court meeting and watch them and see if I am lying to you. They pass receipts around to pay them but they donít tell us where it was for or how much it was with very few exceptions such as what the Sheriff spends which is great but I want to hear all of it not one he is going after personally. I am not worried about Peyman we reserve the right to not elect him the next election but we also reserve our right not to elect everyone that is sitting in that Fiscal court meeting and thatís where I will be making my position of kicking people out!
Gunner

Pikeville, KY

#45 Mar 19, 2013
The library has Heath insurance paid 100%? That settles it I'm calling the library next time I need a ambulance because from what I hear the judge won't give them a dime and they are firing people because they aint got money to keep rinning on and we will be lucky to have a Ems in the next few months he even had the insurance took from them they don't have nothing good to work for no retirement nothing I guess they all should have took a fit when he took it from the health department he did make a lot of promises to take care of them boys working at the Ems but I guess he ain't ready to have a hear attack yet and ant never needed them. He might feel diffrent when they are volunteering on the other end of the county for free. Did he write a thing in the paper that was sent to state promising to provide that so he could start taxs for it? I bet the six people left up there is to scared for that he will fire then if they open there mouths about it what a shame
Two Cents

Chesterfield, MO

#46 Mar 19, 2013
214 Main wrote:
I think you are closer to the truth than anybody here. Peyman admits mistakes but will it take him to the point of culpability that's still up for debate. Question I asked; who signs the checks? Judge: I sign the checks, he knew I was asking who is in charge, and with arrogance he said he signs them. If he signs the checks then he should take responsibility. Who else can we put the blame if the Sheriff states that some of his employees got paid more than they should have? Who does the Sheriff have in the office that calls himself or herself treasurer? Isn't his staff of one person just a clerk that collects the taxes? If Peyman had a person in that office overlooking where the money went why isn't she in jail? Peyman claims a woman he had in his office that retired mislead the auditors. I am not defending Peyman, he has issues he has to answer to but at least he does give answers and I have never seen him kick a person out for asking questions. Maybe some of the answers are not to the point to where it convinces people but my question then is this? Why did the Judge kick people out that refuse to withdraw attending these Fiscal Court meetings? Why wonít he allow questions? According the reporter from WYMT she asked him why there couldnít be a question and answer session at the end of each meeting, with her help we got the answer, he said,ďhe may allow itĒÖ He may allow it? Is that the answer? Who does this Judge work for anyway by stating he may allow a question and answer session?
Why does the Judge whisper and have back door meeting to where we canít be involved or hear what he says? My understanding and correct me if I am wrong but those meetings that the public is not allowed in are reserved for disciplinary action taken against an employee, Sheriff Peyman is an elected official that is not the same in my opinion. Why doesnít the Judge change the time for more people to get involved in the process? Why does it have to be 10 AM and not 6 or 7 PM to give those that want to go a chance to attend? Itís our government, itís not his to dictate!
Just to be clear I am not defending Peyman but I certainly appreciate the stand he took with us as Americans. I will tell you that the Judge condemn what the Sheriff did behind his back in one of those Fiscal Court meetings. I personally thought it was cowardly and spineless of him to talk about a man behind his back. Never the less he stated what the Sheriff did was a waste of time. I donít agree and I believe many in our county would feel the same as I do. Almost 400 Sheriffs from across our country decided to take the same stand Peyman took. Keep in mind Sheriff Peyman took the stand first! Would Sheriff Fee done the same? You would think but to my surprise as I stated less than 400 Sheriffs took Peymanís position. I believe I read somewhere that we have over 3,000 sheriffs across our country.
Just remember nobody in the country was speaking up for us when the threat of assault was being placed on our 2nd Amendment. Peyman in my opinion took a risk by doing so and I do appreciate that of him.
<quoted text>
We all know why Peyman took a stand on the gun issue and it was to help himself get publicity.He had something else up his sleeve..Peyman wasn't the first sheriff to take that stand.Was a good cause but for wrong reasons and didn't fool these good ole country folks.He wanted in the spotlight.He will never get elected for anything ever again.How many people in J.C jumped on board with him.We country hicks are not as dumb as some might think.Both of them needs to be throwed out of office.They need to make an example out of both of them,then maybe the elected officials will make sure the money is spent the way it is intended.Now thats my two cents worth on this matter.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#47 Mar 19, 2013
No he was not the only one who took the stand I agree, he was the first one to do so. One lead the others followed and because of it he got national attention. As a matter fact we had a very good showing and money did come to Jackson County and Kentucky. Satellite link hook up pay very well. WMYT in Hazard stated they had that technology since they opened 28 years ago and that was the first time it was used for outside the State of Ky and they claimed they got paid very well for it. Cha-Ching! Money flowing in is how to raise revenue by the way not raising taxes. As I said I don't need to defend Peyman, that's his job to do that, I am saying pressure needs to be place all over this county to get answers, from what I have been told this little game has been going on for years but all of a sudden there's a group here that is trying to say all was fine until Peyman got elected? Was it that or was it all of a sudden a magistrate got arrested? Which one of those got the problem started? I am asking, I am not telling you I have all the answers but get out of my way if I want to ask and don't try to kick me out of buildings where the only place I can get the answer is there. I am mad as hell over this tax and the sad part very few was there to make known, the man he kicked out was one of the few that took a stand against it, others were there but never said a word. I had every right to be disruptive, they were on the second reading and only heard of the first through the paper and all of a sudden because it was special session I was suppose to just sit there and just take what they wanted to give all of us. You were suppose to get a 1% tax not a .85% tax hike. Who do you think help reduce that? That's why the Judge called it disruptive, he didn't get the full 1%. Some of you can keep talking here I'll keep talking where it counts.
Two Cents wrote:
<quoted text>We all know why Peyman took a stand on the gun issue and it was to help himself get publicity.He had something else up his sleeve..Peyman wasn't the first sheriff to take that stand.Was a good cause but for wrong reasons and didn't fool these good ole country folks.He wanted in the spotlight.He will never get elected for anything ever again.How many people in J.C jumped on board with him.We country hicks are not as dumb as some might think.Both of them needs to be throwed out of office.They need to make an example out of both of them,then maybe the elected officials will make sure the money is spent the way it is intended.Now thats my two cents worth on this matter.
Gunner

Waneta, KY

#48 Mar 19, 2013
Gunner wrote:
The library has Heath insurance paid 100%? That settles it I'm calling the library next time I need a ambulance because from what I hear the judge won't give them a dime and they are firing people because they aint got money to keep rinning on and we will be lucky to have a Ems in the next few months he even had the insurance took from them they don't have nothing good to work for no retirement nothing I guess they all should have took a fit when he took it from the health department he did make a lot of promises to take care of them boys working at the Ems but I guess he ain't ready to have a hear attack yet and ant never needed them. He might feel diffrent when they are volunteering on the other end of the county for free. Did he write a thing in the paper that was sent to state promising to provide that so he could start taxs for it? I bet the six people left up there is to scared for that he will fire then if they open there mouths about it what a shame
Now unhonest babe is trying to be me. Anybody that reads this knows its not me, so quit pretending. They say truth is stranger than fiction. Look, your mother gave birth to you.
Two Cents

Chesterfield, MO

#49 Mar 19, 2013
214 Main wrote:
No he was not the only one who took the stand I agree, he was the first one to do so. One lead the others followed and because of it he got national attention. As a matter fact we had a very good showing and money did come to Jackson County and Kentucky. Satellite link hook up pay very well. WMYT in Hazard stated they had that technology since they opened 28 years ago and that was the first time it was used for outside the State of Ky and they claimed they got paid very well for it. Cha-Ching! Money flowing in is how to raise revenue by the way not raising taxes. As I said I don't need to defend Peyman, that's his job to do that, I am saying pressure needs to be place all over this county to get answers, from what I have been told this little game has been going on for years but all of a sudden there's a group here that is trying to say all was fine until Peyman got elected? Was it that or was it all of a sudden a magistrate got arrested? Which one of those got the problem started? I am asking, I am not telling you I have all the answers but get out of my way if I want to ask and don't try to kick me out of buildings where the only place I can get the answer is there. I am mad as hell over this tax and the sad part very few was there to make known, the man he kicked out was one of the few that took a stand against it, others were there but never said a word. I had every right to be disruptive, they were on the second reading and only heard of the first through the paper and all of a sudden because it was special session I was suppose to just sit there and just take what they wanted to give all of us. You were suppose to get a 1% tax not a .85% tax hike. Who do you think help reduce that? That's why the Judge called it disruptive, he didn't get the full 1%. Some of you can keep talking here I'll keep talking where it counts.
<quoted text>
How much money did Peymen make on those satellite hook ups.I am saying money is missing and its done been proved Peyman is guilty.That is stealing and something should be done.If some of us citizens went down there and took the money we would be behind bars.Elected officials are no better than us citizens.We don't have our hand in the cookie jar and they shouldn't either.

“Plumb Tickled To Death!”

Since: Mar 09

Location hidden

#51 Mar 19, 2013
Gunner wrote:
<quoted text>Now unhonest babe is trying to be me. Anybody that reads this knows its not me, so quit pretending. They say truth is stranger than fiction. Look, your mother gave birth to you.
Let's see...you were the one who posted the link to David Adams' blog about Sheriff Denny Peyman only moments after it appeared online. That was on the topic started by "214 Main" which was announcing Peyman's "news conference" and ploy to use Jackson County citizen's support for the rights of gun owners to his own advantage. Since then you have done nothing but troll this forum and harass other users by calling Jackson Countians inbreeds and making other childish, insulting, and nasty remarks about them. In the process, such as with your post here, you have also proved you have no morals when it comes to lying and making false accusations about others. Yes, by all means, you are a typical Denny Peyman supporter.
John

Annville, KY

#52 Mar 19, 2013
Gunner wrote:
The library has Heath insurance paid 100%? That settles it I'm calling the library next time I need a ambulance because from what I hear the judge won't give them a dime and they are firing people because they aint got money to keep rinning on and we will be lucky to have a Ems in the next few months he even had the insurance took from them they don't have nothing good to work for no retirement nothing I guess they all should have took a fit when he took it from the health department he did make a lot of promises to take care of them boys working at the Ems but I guess he ain't ready to have a hear attack yet and ant never needed them. He might feel diffrent when they are volunteering on the other end of the county for free. Did he write a thing in the paper that was sent to state promising to provide that so he could start taxs for it? I bet the six people left up there is to scared for that he will fire then if they open there mouths about it what a shame
wwww heck gunner, you probably got a medical card. Nothing wrong with folks that work for a living having insurance

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#53 Mar 19, 2013
No problem, they should be able to prove their case without any problems... Right? Don't fall for one second that they will be taking money out the Sheriff's check. That's a rope a dope move, there is a BOND that can be used against him fully funded and ready to pay cash but why haven't they gone for that? They won't get a dime out of the Sheriff's checks, doesn't make sense to me. He is accused in his capacity as Sheriff take the BOND! Oh wait, one little bitty problem... You have to prove your case. I am all for it and if it's true that they have the money coming tell our creditors the check is in the mail as soon as they extract the money. So why tax us and why take out a loan of a half a million dollars? Could it be that all that talk was just talk to make you feel that everything will be fine but just wait until the next election when the Judge is in Florida soaking the sun while our kids will be paying for this for a very long time. Somebody made a mistake and in the corporate world the guy signing the checks should resign and the guilty party goes to jail. No, there is something else going on here. Something is wrong but the one that keeps trying to deflect the real issue is the problem. The only money that will come out of the Sheriff is the money he agreed to give and it comes out to $519.00. He has an excuse for it but he will pay that part. If the money coming back from the Sheriff's check is so secure what is the chance of those paying the .85% tax get their money back? You think you will see the 500,000 dollars back into our economy? I doubt it, I really doubt this will be resolved before the next election. Do you wan to know how much Peyman made for that satellite link? I got Steve Hensley's direct line the Producer there. I can tell you, zip, zero, nada, nothing. Oh and so you know it was my dime that drove him there, not one penny was used by the tax payers. I felt some obligation about it and nothing was taken out for gasoline or oil or tires, it was my car my gas my tires. Also it was my time in helping for phone calls that were coming from all over the country. We had people to that wanted to move here but of course I had to tell them not to because of the tax. Who voted for the tax? I wouldn't want that on my head to deceive people that we have problems but what is worse we have no participation of the county besides just the 3 people which one who recently started coming and he is very involved and I do appreciate it. I only wish more would attend and at least pretend they care about what is going on.
Two Cents wrote:
<quoted text> How much money did Peymen make on those satellite hook ups.I am saying money is missing and its done been proved Peyman is guilty.That is stealing and something should be done.If some of us citizens went down there and took the money we would be behind bars.Elected officials are no better than us citizens.We don't have our hand in the cookie jar and they shouldn't either.
Gunner

Waneta, KY

#54 Mar 20, 2013
John wrote:
<quoted text> wwww heck gunner, you probably got a medical card. Nothing wrong with folks that work for a living having insurance
dishonest bobo couldn't you come up with anything better then this.But go ahead and show your stupity, seems thats all you ever do.
Two Cents

Chesterfield, MO

#55 Mar 20, 2013
214 Main wrote:
No problem, they should be able to prove their case without any problems... Right? Don't fall for one second that they will be taking money out the Sheriff's check. That's a rope a dope move, there is a BOND that can be used against him fully funded and ready to pay cash but why haven't they gone for that? They won't get a dime out of the Sheriff's checks, doesn't make sense to me. He is accused in his capacity as Sheriff take the BOND! Oh wait, one little bitty problem... You have to prove your case. I am all for it and if it's true that they have the money coming tell our creditors the check is in the mail as soon as they extract the money. So why tax us and why take out a loan of a half a million dollars? Could it be that all that talk was just talk to make you feel that everything will be fine but just wait until the next election when the Judge is in Florida soaking the sun while our kids will be paying for this for a very long time. Somebody made a mistake and in the corporate world the guy signing the checks should resign and the guilty party goes to jail. No, there is something else going on here. Something is wrong but the one that keeps trying to deflect the real issue is the problem. The only money that will come out of the Sheriff is the money he agreed to give and it comes out to $519.00. He has an excuse for it but he will pay that part. If the money coming back from the Sheriff's check is so secure what is the chance of those paying the .85% tax get their money back? You think you will see the 500,000 dollars back into our economy? I doubt it, I really doubt this will be resolved before the next election. Do you wan to know how much Peyman made for that satellite link? I got Steve Hensley's direct line the Producer there. I can tell you, zip, zero, nada, nothing. Oh and so you know it was my dime that drove him there, not one penny was used by the tax payers. I felt some obligation about it and nothing was taken out for gasoline or oil or tires, it was my car my gas my tires. Also it was my time in helping for phone calls that were coming from all over the country. We had people to that wanted to move here but of course I had to tell them not to because of the tax. Who voted for the tax? I wouldn't want that on my head to deceive people that we have problems but what is worse we have no participation of the county besides just the 3 people which one who recently started coming and he is very involved and I do appreciate it. I only wish more would attend and at least pretend they care about what is going on.
<quoted text>
Did you loan Mr.Peyman the gas money to take the county vrhicle to haul Melanie to work in Manchester.Where you the one that paid her bond and a fine and also the lawyer fees.You the one that takes Melanie out to dinners.Do your math,because $519.00 all that can be accounted for and they have no idea how the other $200,000 was spent.How can she afford a car and a very expensive cell phone with the job she has.We need to lay the guilt where the guilt belongs and not only on Mr. Smith.Lets not forget that the tax payers bought the new sheriffs car and has he took anybody else to work.He can do whatever he wants to do ,on his time.I do believe he was on the tax payers time.Can you say that these are lies or rumors.For some reason the only one you act like is guilty is Mr.Smith.I thought at first people were just starting rumors until I saw it with my own eyes.I don't think the sheriff can take care of two families with his salary.I am so done with this topic.
Sweet Brown

London, KY

#56 Mar 20, 2013
Well Serrano you're looking like somebody is about to steal your pork chops. Do you need more facts on Peyman, say when? Was you a challenged person in first grade math? Most people can do simple adding and subtracting around here. Peyman can't explain where over 278,000 dollars is. He was able to explain the amount of $519 which is chump change compared to what he has no explanation for. You seem to be a little slow or maybe you don't like being outwitted. We may be country bumpkins but we have eyes to see, ears to hear and knowledge of reading, writing, adding and suntracting. I'm not saying that Smith is innoccent and I don't think anyone else is saying that either, I'm saying that Peyman is guilty and all should be forced out of office. You keep trying to wave shiny objects in front of us as an attempt to get our focus off of Peyman. That will never happen. Peyman seized a 15 seconds of fame opportunity, that does not excuse him for the missing money. His failure to respect his marriage vows may not be enough to have him impeached but his incompetence is. Like, 2 cents I am so done with this topic. Mr. Serrano you may feed from this but I don't. I ain't got time to waste on this foolish site. You go to those meetings and you get your attention that you so need but I'll do my speaking when I vote. You will only hear what you want to hear no matter who says what. You're one of those people that can't admit that you were wrong and you're just taking up space. Nobody wants to hear anymore of your jibber jabber. Your words are about as useful as Peyman being a sheriff. It might give you some kind of satisfaction to defend a thief who openly committs adultery in public without thinking of his wife or kids but that says a lot about your own character. I ain't got time to waste on someone who will defend the guilty to the end.
Sweet Brown

London, KY

#57 Mar 20, 2013
subtracting* excuse the typo
John

Annville, KY

#58 Mar 20, 2013
Reply Ľ|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#72Jan 19, 2013

Besieged sheriff moves into gun-debate spotlight
Usually when a sheriff calls a news conference it's to announce that he or she has captured a suspect, solved a crime or found a new way to serve those who elected him.Not so Jackson County Sheriff Denny Peyman. He held a press conference Saturday to announce that he won't enforce laws restricting guns that haven't been passed.As a practical matter, it doesn't mean much, if anything, since these days Peyman is pretty much a one-man show and it seems unlikely he would be enforcing many gun-control laws anyway.According to news reports, the county fiscal court and Judge-Executive William Smith have been at odds with Peyman for months over almost $300,000 they say the county advanced to the sheriff's office that hasn't been repaid. The county has bypassed the sheriff's office, creating its own police force, hiring away three of Peyman's former deputies (the fourth apparently didn't pass a drug test). Smith wants either the state auditor or the attorney general to investigate Peyman's conduct in office. Peyman says he wants everyone investigated and has himself called in the FBI.So, it's no wonder Peyman has both the time and motivation to turn his attention to becoming a darling of the gun lobby by holding a news conference to proclaim his dedication to at least part of the U.S. Constitution, as he interprets it.We won't repeat or attempt to dissect most of Peyman's interpretations of either the Constitution or his duties and rights as sheriff.Perhaps his most telling observation was that as sheriff he can't protect the people of Jackson County, so it's in their best interest to arm themselves.So, to recap: Sheriff Peyman won't enforce the law if it's passed and in the meantime he can't offer adequate protection to the people in his county.Remarkable, really. Just found this article.....thanks Denny for making us the nation wide joke. And I took the aboves advice and called the library....judge smith is not on their board nor has he ever been. Lies, deception...one sided...serano ...peyman....goes together ...like peanut butter and jelly

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#59 Mar 20, 2013
I was told he was on the board, I didn't verify it. Still the board is not elected, they are appointed, maybe that's where he misunderstood. Maybe he appoints but I know they are not elected. On the issue of the Constitution the Sheriff can make that call and almost 400 Sheriffs made the same stand only after the Jackson County Sheriff made his position known. I know a Richard Mack who use to be a Sheriff in AZ complemented him on his position. I was there when he called, if you don't know him you can google search him.
John wrote:
Reply Ľ|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#72Jan 19, 2013

Besieged sheriff moves into gun-debate spotlight
Usually when a sheriff calls a news conference it's to announce that he or she has captured a suspect, solved a crime or found a new way to serve those who elected him.Not so Jackson County Sheriff Denny Peyman. He held a press conference Saturday to announce that he won't enforce laws restricting guns that haven't been passed.As a practical matter, it doesn't mean much, if anything, since these days Peyman is pretty much a one-man show and it seems unlikely he would be enforcing many gun-control laws anyway.According to news reports, the county fiscal court and Judge-Executive William Smith have been at odds with Peyman for months over almost $300,000 they say the county advanced to the sheriff's office that hasn't been repaid. The county has bypassed the sheriff's office, creating its own police force, hiring away three of Peyman's former deputies (the fourth apparently didn't pass a drug test). Smith wants either the state auditor or the attorney general to investigate Peyman's conduct in office. Peyman says he wants everyone investigated and has himself called in the FBI.So, it's no wonder Peyman has both the time and motivation to turn his attention to becoming a darling of the gun lobby by holding a news conference to proclaim his dedication to at least part of the U.S. Constitution, as he interprets it.We won't repeat or attempt to dissect most of Peyman's interpretations of either the Constitution or his duties and rights as sheriff.Perhaps his most telling observation was that as sheriff he can't protect the people of Jackson County, so it's in their best interest to arm themselves.So, to recap: Sheriff Peyman won't enforce the law if it's passed and in the meantime he can't offer adequate protection to the people in his county.Remarkable, really. Just found this article.....thanks Denny for making us the nation wide joke. And I took the aboves advice and called the library....judge smith is not on their board nor has he ever been. Lies, deception...one sided...serano ...peyman....goes together ...like peanut butter and jelly
Gunner

Waneta, KY

#60 Mar 20, 2013
John wrote:
Reply Ľ|Report Abuse|Judge it!|#72Jan 19, 2013

Besieged sheriff moves into gun-debate spotlight
Usually when a sheriff calls a news conference it's to announce that he or she has captured a suspect, solved a crime or found a new way to serve those who elected him.Not so Jackson County Sheriff Denny Peyman. He held a press conference Saturday to announce that he won't enforce laws restricting guns that haven't been passed.As a practical matter, it doesn't mean much, if anything, since these days Peyman is pretty much a one-man show and it seems unlikely he would be enforcing many gun-control laws anyway.According to news reports, the county fiscal court and Judge-Executive William Smith have been at odds with Peyman for months over almost $300,000 they say the county advanced to the sheriff's office that hasn't been repaid. The county has bypassed the sheriff's office, creating its own police force, hiring away three of Peyman's former deputies (the fourth apparently didn't pass a drug test). Smith wants either the state auditor or the attorney general to investigate Peyman's conduct in office. Peyman says he wants everyone investigated and has himself called in the FBI.So, it's no wonder Peyman has both the time and motivation to turn his attention to becoming a darling of the gun lobby by holding a news conference to proclaim his dedication to at least part of the U.S. Constitution, as he interprets it.We won't repeat or attempt to dissect most of Peyman's interpretations of either the Constitution or his duties and rights as sheriff.Perhaps his most telling observation was that as sheriff he can't protect the people of Jackson County, so it's in their best interest to arm themselves.So, to recap: Sheriff Peyman won't enforce the law if it's passed and in the meantime he can't offer adequate protection to the people in his county.Remarkable, really. Just found this article.....thanks Denny for making us the nation wide joke. And I took the aboves advice and called the library....judge smith is not on their board nor has he ever been. Lies, deception...one sided...serano ...peyman....goes together ...like peanut butter and jelly
Poor little dishonest bobo, you can't stand for somebody to disagree with you, can you. You act just like some spoiled snottty nose kid. You are a joke to Jackson County and you know what, everybody that reads topix know it. You are onje mixed up woman, if you are a woman, you don't know who you are aka this and aka that. You don't know where you live, a secret place, Morristown tn, Tyner, annville, hazard. When God was throwing intelligence down to earth, you had to be holding an umbrella.

Since: Aug 12

Location hidden

#61 Mar 20, 2013
Looks like Sheriff Mack also made an ass out of himself also. He is considered the Constitutional Sheriff and is well known and respected.

http://cspoa.org/sheriff-mack-to-obama-you-ha...

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
City Police 1 hr fanned 6
Will Pharris 13 hr Questions 5
Church deacons 13 hr Happy 10
Annville Area Restaurant 16 hr Big al 53
Jessica Johnson/Spoonamore/"Durham" Wed Good grief 19
Wesley Rose (Mar '16) Wed Wondering 6
Tiffany Tue Weava wobble 7

McKee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKee Mortgages