Animal Cruelty
Miss Skeptic--Richmon d

Virgie, KY

#1 Dec 6, 2012
I read some posts ago that JC actually had zoning laws. Is there a zoning law that prohibits people from keeping 5 HORSES on a POSTAGE STAMP. Don't you have to have one acre per horse? The conditions for the horses on Soaptown Rd. are disgusting. They stand in mud and poop all day and have to sleep in this same mess. Sometimes they get in creek behind home [I think to wash mud and poop off their poor feet] Isn't there an animal control officer in this town? I'm sure he's someones son,bro., cousin,son-in-law- thats how he got the job. Has he ever went on animal control call, cited anyone for treatment of animals, picked up any strays- done anything to earn a paycheck- I would sure like to hear from anyone who has seen or knows of him actually doing something related to his job.I don't know if these horses fall under his job duties but someone should really do something about this Soaptown mess. Those horses can't even run to exercise their legs. All animal lovers should be outraged about the 2221situation of these poor horses.
Jim

Chesterfield, MO

#2 Dec 6, 2012
Miss Skeptic--Richmond wrote:
I read some posts ago that JC actually had zoning laws. Is there a zoning law that prohibits people from keeping 5 HORSES on a POSTAGE STAMPo. Don't you have to have one acre per horse? The conditions for the horses on Soaptown Rd. are disgusting. They stand in mud and poop all day and have to sleep in this same mess. Sometimes they get in creek behind home [I think to wash mud and poop off their poor feet] Isn't there an animal control officer in this town? I'm sure he's someones son,bro., cousin,son-in-law- thats how he got the job. Has he ever went on animal control call, cited anyone for treatment of animals, picked up any strays- done anything to earn a paycheck- I would sure like to hear from anyone who has seen or knows of him actually doing something related to his job.I don't know if these horses fall under his job duties but someone should really do something about this Soaptown mess. Those horses can't even run to exercise their legs. All animal lovers should be outraged about the 2221situation of these poor horses.
There is only Josh Peyman. Anytime, I have called about other animals he has always shown up and done his job. You should try him. I am not sure if horses fall under his purview but if not, he may know who to get out there. He is the dogcatcher but I am pretty sure he handles just about everything. I called the S.O. and they contacted him with the complaint. Hope that helps.
Connie

Mckee, KY

#3 Dec 6, 2012
Yes it's pathetic
facts

Annville, KY

#4 Dec 6, 2012
the horses on george mcqueen road just outside annville look like they need rescuded too.
Divon

Tucker, GA

#5 Dec 7, 2012
I read some posts ago that JC actually had zoning laws. Is there a zoning law that prohibits people from keeping 5 HORSES on a POSTAGE STAMP. Don't you have to have one acre per horse? The conditions for the horses on Soaptown Rd. are disgusting. They stand in mud and poop all day and have to sleep in this same mess. Sometimes they get in creek behind home [I think to wash mud and poop off their poor feet] Isn't there an animal control officer in this town? I'm sure he's someones son,bro., cousin,son-in-law- thats how he got the job. Has he ever went on animal control call, cited anyone for treatment of animals, picked up any strays- done anything to earn a paycheck- I would sure like to hear from anyone who has seen or knows of him actually doing something related to his job.I don't know if these horses fall under his job duties but someone should really do something about this Soaptown mess. Those horses can't even run to exercise their legs. All animal lovers should be outraged about the 2221situation of these poor horses.
Why don't you send the owner of the horses a donation to help expand his land in order to take care of these poor horses?
citizen

Pikeville, KY

#6 Dec 7, 2012
Divon wrote:
<quoted text>
Why don't you send the owner of the horses a donation to help expand his land in order to take care of these poor horses?
why dont he get rid of all except what he can actually take care of, come on animals have to be taken care of they only do so much for themselves to survive, and I have been thru there and its ridiculous what they are standing in.
Divon

United States

#8 Dec 9, 2012
Have you tried selling horses lately? Why don't you buy a couple?
Miss Skeptic--Richmon d

Virgie, KY

#9 Dec 12, 2012
citizen wrote:
<quoted text>why dont he get rid of all except what he can actually take care of, come on animals have to be taken care of they only do so much for themselves to survive, and I have been thru there and its ridiculous what they are standing in.
Well it's been a week since post went up about horses on Soaptown Rd. and nothing seems to have changed even tho someone said it was reported to sheriff. So I guess we should quit complaining and and look the other way when we see this 'stuff' happening. That person had to know there wasn't enough space there for 5 HORSES.
take the money and run

Miami, FL

#10 Dec 12, 2012
not a complete week yet
Miss Skeptic--Richmon d

Virgie, KY

#11 Jan 9, 2013
take the money and run wrote:
not a complete week yet
Well it's been almost a month now and there's 5 horses still at Soaptown location---nothing's being done to help those poor horses. I guess there's no such thing as enforcement of inhumane treatment of animals in JC. And- from reading other posts by jdohe and Divon you 2 are always wanting people other than responsible partys to shell out money to take care of other's irresponsibilities. Are you both ARTISTS? You 2 seem to have the mentality of people that's used to having all their needs taken care of by John Q Public.
Want to really wake up

Chesterfield, MO

#12 Jan 9, 2013
<quoted text>Well it's been almost a month now and there's 5 horses still at Soaptown location---nothing's being done to help those poor horses. I guess there's no such thing as enforcement of inhumane treatment of animals in JC. And- from reading other posts by jdohe and Divon you 2 are always wanting people other than responsible partys to shell out money to take care of other's irresponsibilities. Are you both ARTISTS? You 2 seem to have the mentality of people that's used to having all their needs taken care of by John Q Public.
Skeptic, I am not trying to be a jerk but what have you done about this current situation? I have zero idea where Soaptown Rd is located, therefore, I have yet to see this particular injustice. I am fully in support of fair treatment to animals but quite frankly, in the time it has taken you to post on topix about this matter, you could have been making all the appropriate calls needed. Call the state police, file a complaint with them about it.
Miss Skeptic--Richmon d

Virgie, KY

#13 Jan 13, 2013
Want to really wake up wrote:
<quoted text> Skeptic, I am not trying to be a jerk but what have you done about this current situation? I have zero idea where Soaptown Rd is located, therefore, I have yet to see this particular injustice. I am fully in support of fair treatment to animals but quite frankly, in the time it has taken you to post on topix about this matter, you could have been making all the appropriate calls needed. Call the state police, file a complaint with them about it.
Post on Dec.6 states this situation was reported to Sheriffs office and he was told the complaint would be sent to Animal control officer . I guess problem was- ACO is sheriffs SON! What else can you do? Isn't this where you start? What's next? Having no animals I know nothing of how complaints are processed- just know suffering animals when I see 5! Soaptown Rd, AKA Rt.3445 left off 421,just a little past old High School heading South. It's something U should SEE!!
Want to really wake up

Chesterfield, MO

#14 Jan 14, 2013
<quoted text>Post on Dec.6 states this situation was reported to Sheriffs office and he was told the complaint would be sent to Animal control officer . I guess problem was- ACO is sheriffs SON! What else can you do? Isn't this where you start? What's next? Having no animals I know nothing of how complaints are processed- just know suffering animals when I see 5! Soaptown Rd, AKA Rt.3445 left off 421,just a little past old High School heading South. It's something U should SEE!!
Since our last discussion, it has come to light, that we no longer have an animal control officer, that was another Judge Executive decision. My advice to you, call over to fiscal court and make a complaint since they no longer have someone in the appropriate position to help the animals. Have you considered calling KSP, the Madison Post. Explain that you have tried to get someone to look into it and no one has in over a month. I imagine they would send at least an officer to investigate and then the officer would call in the appropriate people to remove the animals if it is needed.
Liar

Virgie, KY

#15 Jan 14, 2013
They have an dog warden. Josh just stepped down so someone else was appointed. You probably already knew that but needed something to do today so post it on topix
Uuum

Virgie, KY

#16 Jan 14, 2013
Liar wrote:
They have an dog warden. Josh just stepped down so someone else was appointed. You probably already knew that but needed something to do today so post it on topix
So who is Animal control officer now?
Miss Skeptic

Virgie, KY

#17 Jan 14, 2013
Want to really wake up wrote:
<quoted text> Since our last discussion, it has come to light, that we no longer have an animal control officer, that was another Judge Executive decision. My advice to you, call over to fiscal court and make a complaint since they no longer have someone in the appropriate position to help the animals. Have you considered calling KSP, the Madison Post. Explain that you have tried to get someone to look into it and no one has in over a month. I imagine they would send at least an officer to investigate and then the officer would call in the appropriate people to remove the animals if it is needed.
I'm signing off this discussion. I know Law Enforcement travel this road frequently and one lives close to this place. Apparently they don't see anything bad enough to make a report on. Don't see any use calling Fiscal Court- that place is in shambles! They have so many problems they sure won't listen to anyone elses complaint!!
Hopeless

Virgie, KY

#18 May 31, 2013
Miss Skeptic wrote:
<quoted text>I'm signing off this discussion. I know Law Enforcement travel this road frequently and one lives close to this place. Apparently they don't see anything bad enough to make a report on. Don't see any use calling Fiscal Court- that place is in shambles! They have so many problems they sure won't listen to anyone elses complaint!!
Nothing was ever done about those horses and in traveling that road almost daily I know those horses are still in mud up to their A@#$# AND I haven't seen a bale of hay out for them in AT LEAST 3 WEEKS- see a handful scattered in mud occasionally and if they can't buy hay for them you Know they ain't getting any GRAIN!! Expect to see them lying DEAD any day now! How pathetic that a county will sit on their A@@es and allow this to happen. I know a complaint was called in on this pitiful situation-- wish the owner would just go ahead and shoot THEM before they STARVE to death!!!
adkinstown

Pikeville, KY

#19 May 31, 2013
do you want cats. Their plenty to go around. when you ask if the belong to anyone no one has a cat. Not just one but truthful I don't know how many. If people are going to have animals take care of them. just come and get them. keep them out of my yard
Harry petera

Annville, KY

#20 May 31, 2013
Take a video of the horse or photographs and send it or the pics to a Lexington news agency. If peyman hears they are coming to do a story,, he will run to help

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Convicted Felon 7 hr Fred 8
Jc middle school principal 13 hr Shelia 3
This is not Owsley county 21 hr Darren 9
I just love Owsley County Thu Sunflower 1
Username real on here is starting rumors Thu Mayflower 2
James Michael Flannery (Feb '11) Thu Sperm child 7
Rooster Fights (Feb '09) Jul 19 john hancock 146

McKee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance