Somerset, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

it has recently came to my attention on how favorites and unfair justice is done to our school cooks and jantors.. we all know they work very hard and would you do there jobs for $200.00 every two weeks? then on top of that their health insurance has went up. they hire a new school superintendent and he gets paid $100,00.00 a year plus his insurance is free!! what else in this county is there we dont know about?? i think the state needs to look at how things are done.. more ways than one!!

“Plumb Tickled To Death!”

Since: Mar 09

Shhhh! It's A Secret

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

Janitors and cooks only make $200.00 in two weeks?
agree

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

start with electing new board members.
Bugger

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

No they make more that 200.00 a week! The least they can make is 7.25 pre-hour 7 hours a day... Do the math... Janitors make more that cooks. I know that because a dear friend of mine used to work as a sub-janitor..All the payroll is public record, go look,

Shhhh! It's A Secret

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

I just looked at the 2010-2011 salary schedule:
http://www.jackson.k12.ky.us/Files/Finance/20...

It appears cooks earn from $7.37 -$11.21 per hour depending on years of service. It appears custodians earn from $7.33 -$11.31 based on years of service. Assuming a cook worked (5) 7-hour days per week, or 70 hours in two weeks, at the minumum of $7.37 per hour, they would earn $515.90. I am thinking after taxes and insurance is taken out of that amount, it probably doesn't leave much over $200.00 clear.

In all honesty, when I first read this thread I assumed the salaries of the janitors and cooks was exaggerated. I knew there was no way they were grossing only $200 in two weeks. But, I doubt $200 every two weeks is very far off when it comes to net salary. Now, after looking over the pay schedule, it does appear to me that janitors and cooks are underpaid considering how hard they work.

However, all of the positions paid less than I anticipated, including the teacher salaries. The pay scale for janitors and cooks did seem to be fairly well in line compared with some of the other positions such as an elementary school secretary, for example, which ranges from $7.41 -$12.02 depending on years of service.

I think many of the positions deserve more pay. But there is only so much money in the budget. I'm not saying anything concerning the board elections one way or the other, however, how can new board members increase the pay rates if there is only so much money in the budget?
Way to go

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

There is no way to increase the pay.All the money is spent buying out contracts and getting the rich in their place.Way to go SCHOOL BOARD!!!!

Shhhh! It's A Secret

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

This does remind me of how they paid for outside help to suggest some candidates for superintendent to replace Hoskins. The best I remember they completely ignored the candidates that were suggested and went ahead and selected the superintendent we have now, even though he wasn't among those suggested. How much was it that they spent on that when they could have made the selection themselves to begin with?

I had almost forgot about that until reading this, but I remember at the time being pretty aggravated at the thought of such a waste of taxpayer's money.
right on

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

agree wrote:
start with electing new board members.
because its time for a change....go to the polls and vote all new ppl thats what i'm going to do...
disgusted and fed up

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

How can people be so stupid? Randy vickers and his clan have stole the county blind for many years. Finally a group of people have enough guts to put them out and people are upset. I have come to realize that people in Jackson County don't want anything. What makes Randy and his crowd qualified to get what they want? Why do people bend over backwards to make sure Randy and his clan are in power? This is pathetic, makes me and a lot more people sick to our stomachs. You can't go to a ballgame or anything in this county without seeing these political scavengers sticking their noses in everything. I for one am tired of the same people getting everything. Have some pride people, vote for the best interest of the people. Don't vote to please Randy and his clan so they can laugh at you on every trip they take to Hawaii or Florida.
HenryJ

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 29, 2010

Judged:

The previous administration had plenty of pets that never really had to work for their salaries. I've seen folks actually having to work since the new superintendent took over. I think they're in shock, and are trying desperately to return the old bunch back into power again. Then they can relax and draw their checks again.

The new supintendent has impressed me so far. And he is from Jackson County. I like that for sure. And I don't want to see half the central office positions filled by people from Clay county, or any other county. Let's hire Jackson County folks for awhile.

The real change has already happened. If you want the same old, same old, vote for the new canidates. The we will be right back in the same old rut.

Don't be fooled.
sam

Annville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

Henry J
You are so correct in your assessment of the situation. Mike Smith has already set a new direction for our schools and I am glad to see it.
Keep up the good work.

Shhhh! It's A Secret

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

I would still like to know why the board members decided to pay a committee a rather large sum of money to suggest several candidates for superintendent. Then, the same board members turned around and picked a superintendent that was not suggested by the committee. At least that is my understanding. Am I wrong?

If the board members decided, for some unknown reason, to hire a committee to do the job at a high cost to the taxpayers, then you would think they would at least listen to the committee's recommendations.

I can't remember the exact amount, but I'm thinking it was around $10,000.00 that was paid to the committee. Then the board turned around and picked someone that wasn't even one of the committee's suggestions. Also, I don't know this to be factual since I didn't see any of the candidate's credentials myself, but I was told the candidates that were suggested by the committee were more qualified for the position of superintendent than the person the board ended up picking. Is this true, or was I told wrong?

Anyhow, regardless of who is now superintendent, the way I understand it, during this one incident which I am aware of, nearly $10,000.00 of taxpayer's money was wasted by the board for no reason or benefit whatsoever to this county, the schools, or the children. Why?
Way to go

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

Poodle and Mike are big buddies.So the question is who would be the best for the children Poodle or Randy.
tell me why mckee ky

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

please tell me why the new superindent is being paid $10,000 more salary per year plus a $10000 consultation fee above what the old superindent was being paid--smith's contract for four years is worth half million dollars---nice job board members-shall we call it your last hurrah before being voted out---why didnt you give smith a oneyear contract to see how he performed his 1st year---
concerned parent

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

sam wrote:
Henry J
You are so correct in your assessment of the situation. Mike Smith has already set a new direction for our schools and I am glad to see it.
Keep up the good work.
It sure took them long enough to make a change. If i'm not mistaken, just about all these board members have been on board for years. So why did they let it on go this long if they wanted "a new direction for our schools"? Time to make even bigger changes in my book.
humm

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

tell me why mckee ky wrote:
please tell me why the new superindent is being paid $10,000 more salary per year plus a $10000 consultation fee above what the old superindent was being paid--smith's contract for four years is worth half million dollars---nice job board members-shall we call it your last hurrah before being voted out---why didnt you give smith a oneyear contract to see how he performed his 1st year---
Salaries go up. How could people actually think things were ok as they were before? If you dont try and make a change, you only go backwards. Although some people are content with that. Most superintendents salaries are around or over $100,000 annually plus a monthly car allowance, plus annuities...so whats the problem? But,lets just keep things as they were, everything has been fine and dandy the last few years hasnt it?
ripped off

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Dont look like the janiter and cooks saleries or some of the others went up much, Not saying things was ok before but why a 4 yr contract??? why didnt they do a 1 yr contract first to see how Smith would do ??? And nobody's answered honest babe yet about all the money wasted picking the new super. Id like to know that to.
Bugger

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

No one in the schools got a raise... Now we all know why.
harry

Mckee, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

Its really simple . If you want the Vickers, Hays, Lonzo Moore and Eddie Morgan in charge then vote for Bobby Hornsby and Debbie NIchols. If you want to stand up for the Board Members that had enough balls to vote Ralph out and therefore tell the VIckers Klan that they had enough then vote for RIck Richmond & Glendon Lear. I am proud that they finally stoood up to the redhaired democrats. Let the Vickers Klan go to Hawaii on their own money not on the schools money!
jake

Berea, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 30, 2010

Judged:

i like things the way they are! Don't change a thing!

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

25 Users are viewing the McKee Forum right now

Search the McKee Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 7 min The Apostle 147,182
Mayor of McKee 1 hr Not shocked 28
Rats in Sand GAP 4 hr Disney 38
lesbian @dollar general 4 hr Disney 12
Trinty Church of God Tyner 5 hr Would like to know 8
KY Hundreds of birds die in western Ky. (Jan '11) 6 hr freak 81,565
Barack Obama -- President for Life 7 hr What 3
•••
•••
•••
McKee Dating

more search filters

less search filters