Contemperary or 'Christian Rock' musi...
Crap

Harold, KY

#27 Dec 23, 2012
Lauren wrote:
<quoted text> Well that would explain all the chaos. Gerald will not be happy anytime anyone is in the spotlight other than himself. He is a self righteous retard. Roger Witt is no better, its been all about the show and promoting self with no or little glory to God. "All that glitters is not gold" Get rid of Gerald, Roger and the rest of that look at me crowd and you might have a good Church.
I myself think this is a load of bull. Gerald maybe into himself but he's Godly and he practices what he preaches. I know his life personally and I can say that with a clear heart.
Jack MeHoffer

Langley, KY

#28 Dec 23, 2012
Just Jesus wrote:
Music in church is two-fold; there's the message and then there's the music itself.
First of all, if you can't understand the words in the song, then the message is lost and therefore rendered absolutely worthless.
Kinda like faith without works..........
notme

Melvin, KY

#29 Dec 23, 2012
Honest Babe wrote:
Well, it seems rather simple to me, if one is bothered that badly, or feels dirty and corrupted by the musical choices of a certain church, then don't go to that church.
As for Justin Bieber's type music...I don't think it belongs anywhere since I detest it. However, with music being subjective and all, apparently his many fans hear something different than I do.
Regardless, I don't feel the music at Sand Gap Christian Church is any of my business as I am not a member and do not attend. I only commented on this topic due to being intrigued by another poster's comment, LOL.
Well it may seem simple to you, but I dont think if people have been in a church and supported that church for 30 or 40 years, spiritually and financially, they should have to leave just because some young people from so in sos family comes in and brings all the new music with them.Also it is not that simple to just leave that church and go to another, since almost all the churches have gone modern.

“Plumb Tickled To Death!”

Since: Mar 09

NOT King George, VA

#30 Dec 23, 2012
notme wrote:
<quoted text>
Well it may seem simple to you, but I dont think if people have been in a church and supported that church for 30 or 40 years, spiritually and financially, they should have to leave just because some young people from so in sos family comes in and brings all the new music with them.Also it is not that simple to just leave that church and go to another, since almost all the churches have gone modern.
Sorry, but there isn't anything I can do about it if the lives of other people and their church attendance is complicated.
Lol

Mckee, KY

#31 Dec 23, 2012
Church is always changing! My elders their elders and so on! Organ to piano to keyboard! It's always changing! Church is man made! Hence why!! As for me I love the new and old music as long as it is uplifting with a positive message to glorify God! Different people have different methods! From old time blue grass all the way to rap! And I know ur thinking rap lol! But some rappers are some of the greatest poets on earth! It's called a god given talent! People can sit and discriminate against all types of music! To each it's own! Casting crowns is considered a rock band and they have thru their ministry ordained from god hasve saved more souls then all of jackson co churches combined!!! Before u judge rock music! Do research!!! It's not all of the devil! Some of the biggest drunks sang hymnals!!! Hank and Elvis! Lol

NOT King George, VA

#32 Dec 23, 2012
Do any local church members participate in shape note singing? I personally enjoy this form of musical expression and for those wishing to seek out the old paths...

But then again, maybe one shouldn't overlook Psalm 150:

A Call to Praise God with Musical Instruments

(1) Praise ye the Lord. Praise God in his sanctuary: praise him in the firmament of his power.

(2) Praise him for his mighty acts: praise him according to his excellent greatness.

(3) Praise him with the sound of the trumpet: praise him with the psaltery and harp.

(4) Praise him with the timbrel and dance: praise him with stringed instruments and organs.

(5) Praise him upon the loud cymbals: praise him upon the high sounding cymbals.

(6) Let every thing that hath breath praise the Lord. Praise ye the Lord.

Perhaps a little heavy metal music could satisfy the recommendations in verse 5.
wondering

Bays, KY

#33 Dec 24, 2012
Shape note singing???

NOT King George, VA

#34 Dec 24, 2012
I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but here is an example of shape note singing. The comments beneath the video are informative.

There is quite a bit on YouTube and there should be all kinds of information available if you search for "shape note singing" with Bing, Google, etc.

http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Harp

If one is truly interested in the history and characteristics/advantages of shape note singing (and if one doesn't consider themselves too good to hear a few four letter words, lol)...this is very informative.

http://www.youtube.com/watch...
myopinion

Melvin, KY

#35 Dec 24, 2012
Lol wrote:
Church is always changing! My elders their elders and so on! Organ to piano to keyboard! It's always changing! Church is man made! Hence why!! As for me I love the new and old music as long as it is uplifting with a positive message to glorify God! Different people have different methods! From old time blue grass all the way to rap! And I know ur thinking rap lol! But some rappers are some of the greatest poets on earth! It's called a god given talent! People can sit and discriminate against all types of music! To each it's own! Casting crowns is considered a rock band and they have thru their ministry ordained from god hasve saved more souls then all of jackson co churches combined!!! Before u judge rock music! Do research!!! It's not all of the devil! Some of the biggest drunks sang hymnals!!! Hank and Elvis! Lol
You are so wrong! If anyone is saved they have to go one way, and that is thru the shed blood of Jesus. No one is saved thru any music group, no matter how big of a name they have.The nusic for the churches is a form of worship we do to praise God after we are saved. Before you go sounding off, do your research and find out how many that get saved in these relgious concerts stay in churh and are still serving God Five or ten years later, as compared to the people who got saved in the church with the old hymns. Lots of people get caught up in music and many may mistake conviction for salvation. Many people these days don't have a serious moment and don't dedicate to anything unless it all fun and games for them.With Jesus, nothing ever changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and people are not willing to give anything up for him. If they enjoyed rock and roll in the bars and concerts, seem to now want to bring this into the church with them, as soon as they have been to a few meetings, and become bored. I can remember the day when not even the worse drunks would have thought of bringing this inside the church. most [not all] young people don't respect themselves, their elders, and certainly not God.They know most of the church don't want this but they as usual, WANT THEIR WAY!
Lol

Mckee, KY

#36 Dec 25, 2012
myopinion wrote:
<quoted text> You are so wrong! If anyone is saved they have to go one way, and that is thru the shed blood of Jesus. No one is saved thru any music group, no matter how big of a name they have.The nusic for the churches is a form of worship we do to praise God after we are saved. Before you go sounding off, do your research and find out how many that get saved in these relgious concerts stay in churh and are still serving God Five or ten years later, as compared to the people who got saved in the church with the old hymns. Lots of people get caught up in music and many may mistake conviction for salvation. Many people these days don't have a serious moment and don't dedicate to anything unless it all fun and games for them.With Jesus, nothing ever changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and people are not willing to give anything up for him. If they enjoyed rock and roll in the bars and concerts, seem to now want to bring this into the church with them, as soon as they have been to a few meetings, and become bored. I can remember the day when not even the worse drunks would have thought of bringing this inside the church. most [not all] young people don't respect themselves, their elders, and certainly not God.They know most of the church don't want this but they as usual, WANT THEIR WAY!
If u read my post correctly u would have seen I said thru the ministry of music ordained by God! I got saved in a church and the music moved me not the preacher to get saved! I have been saved for 31 years! I'm not an elder nor am I a youth! I have lived in the city and I have lived in the country! I do not attend church in jackson co and this is one of the reasons why! Some people in jackson co r scared of change! Everyone worships different! I personally have sung in churches all across the U.S. and do personally get offended when someone talks about a certain style of music! And the comment about the youth don't have respect for the elders, to get respect u have to give respect! Chris tomlin a contemporary Christian artist redid the song amazing grace and made it more contemporary so it would correlate with youth and all! And I would much rather hear his music than bluegrass but it's my preference! I personally think bluegrass music is as annoying as u think rock and roll is but I would never call it of the devil! But i grew up in the city and wasnt intorduced to bluegrass til 2001! And also the part about people that get saved at concerts don't stay as saved as long as people who get saved in the church is hillarious! Theirs no truth behind that statement! I'd almost bet it's the other way around because of all the gossip and bickering in the church! But hey this is just my opinion! Better get to the water before u dry up!!!
myopinion

Melvin, KY

#37 Dec 25, 2012
Lol wrote:
<quoted text>
If u read my post correctly u would have seen I said thru the ministry of music ordained by God! I got saved in a church and the music moved me not the preacher to get saved! I have been saved for 31 years! I'm not an elder nor am I a youth! I have lived in the city and I have lived in the country! I do not attend church in jackson co and this is one of the reasons why! Some people in jackson co r scared of change! Everyone worships different! I personally have sung in churches all across the U.S. and do personally get offended when someone talks about a certain style of music! And the comment about the youth don't have respect for the elders, to get respect u have to give respect! Chris tomlin a contemporary Christian artist redid the song amazing grace and made it more contemporary so it would correlate with youth and all! And I would much rather hear his music than bluegrass but it's my preference! I personally think bluegrass music is as annoying as u think rock and roll is but I would never call it of the devil! But i grew up in the city and wasnt intorduced to bluegrass til 2001! And also the part about people that get saved at concerts don't stay as saved as long as people who get saved in the church is hillarious! Theirs no truth behind that statement! I'd almost bet it's the other way around because of all the gossip and bickering in the church! But hey this is just my opinion! Better get to the water before u dry up!!!
Sounds like you are so bitter you have already dried up!Who mentioned bluegrass?
Lol

Tucker, GA

#38 Dec 25, 2012
Bluegrass music or should I say southern gospel is all they play in jackson co lol! Not dried up I just welcome change!:)
thanks

Bays, KY

#39 Dec 26, 2012
Honest Babe wrote:
I am not sure exactly what you are asking, but here is an example of shape note singing. The comments beneath the video are informative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch?v =UWQDl6cyj2YXX
There is quite a bit on YouTube and there should be all kinds of information available if you search for "shape note singing" with Bing, Google, etc.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Sacred_Harp
If one is truly interested in the history and characteristics/advantages of shape note singing (and if one doesn't consider themselves too good to hear a few four letter words, lol)...this is very informative.
http://www.youtube.com/watch...
Never heard of it......I'm FAS-ci-nated as usual.
hi duke

Friendsville, TN

#40 Dec 30, 2012
myopinion wrote:
<quoted text> You are so wrong! If anyone is saved they have to go one way, and that is thru the shed blood of Jesus. No one is saved thru any music group, no matter how big of a name they have.The nusic for the churches is a form of worship we do to praise God after we are saved. Before you go sounding off, do your research and find out how many that get saved in these relgious concerts stay in churh and are still serving God Five or ten years later, as compared to the people who got saved in the church with the old hymns. Lots of people get caught up in music and many may mistake conviction for salvation. Many people these days don't have a serious moment and don't dedicate to anything unless it all fun and games for them.With Jesus, nothing ever changes. He is the same yesterday, today, and tomorrow, and people are not willing to give anything up for him. If they enjoyed rock and roll in the bars and concerts, seem to now want to bring this into the church with them, as soon as they have been to a few meetings, and become bored. I can remember the day when not even the worse drunks would have thought of bringing this inside the church. most [not all] young people don't respect themselves, their elders, and certainly not God.They know most of the church don't want this but they as usual, WANT THEIR WAY!
so ur still at it duke? sad 4 u.
sad4who

Melvin, KY

#41 Dec 30, 2012
hi duke wrote:
<quoted text>
so ur still at it duke? sad 4 u.
Who is duke?
Watchman

London, KY

#42 Jan 5, 2013
myopinion wrote:
God is moving in the body of Christ: I didn’t say the Church: because the religious groups that are out there are not moving where the Spirit wants to go! They are only moving where their leash will let them go. Their ties to their denomination! God is: wanting to release us: He is: wanting us to get in a place:“IN HIM”: to where we can accomplish the things that He wants us to do!
Watchman

London, KY

#43 Jan 5, 2013
notme wrote:
<quoted text>
The more I see of Him, the more of me I dislike! The more I see of Him the more I want to exchange what I have put on, for who He really is inside of Me! Because when you really start taping in and begin realizing that “THE IDENTITY”: we have chosen for ourselves: is nothing compared to the “TRUE IDENTITY WE HAVE IN HIM”. IT’S NOTHING!
The most difficult thing is “FORGETTING WHO YOU ARE”! Now we can say: yeah that is true: it is: You know what: How much of an effort are we putting into- forgetting who we are? I think a lot of what we need to understand is: On the most part:“WE DON’T KNOW WHO WE ARE! We have never really been told “WHO WE ARE”! We have been told what we can’t be. We have been told: what we can’t do! We have been told if we cross a certain boundary: that it is blasphemy! That if you want to actually begin to reach out and begin to participate in the things that the Spirit is moving you into: then you are going to be discredited by all those around you! You are going to be an outcast in society; nobody is going to care for you: because they feel like you are coming against everything they stand for! THE TRUTH IS: IT JUST MIGHT BE TRUE! IF IT IS-GUESS WHAT-“GLORY”!
mere Christianity

Mckee, KY

#44 Jan 5, 2013
I thought we were all in it together?

what, did He call me out of darkness so i live in the shadows?

what if i were a new convert? what if i was the weaker brother? where would you stand?

can an army fight when they are busy fighting themselves?

can a house divided stand?

are there imposters in our midst?

is it true? are there wolves in the flock?

let it go and go on. go on for Christ. I find if i look to HIM then everything else becomes so much dimmer.

what passion! what love! the love of a Father even when His children bicker and argue.

a mere single post on an international website can cause so much harm. so much good. such potential. let's not use it for naught but reflect a light so bright that it need not the sun. it is the Son!
Wormwood

Beattyville, KY

#45 Jan 10, 2013
Who is mere Christianity?
Watchman

London, KY

#46 Jan 10, 2013
Wormwood wrote:
Who is mere Christianity?
As in the rebuilding of the wall, in Nehemiah's time,
it was first necessary to remove "heaps" of "rubbish," just so in these days,
in order to rightly understand the truth concerning our Lord.
it is necessary to remove "heaps" of "rubbish" - rubbish of tradition, prejudice, misinformation and misinterpretation.
The church world has become so thoroughly indoctrinated with the simplistic, childish and crude imaginations of the natural mind that it is practically impossible to get people to consider the Lord's coming as it really is in the scriptures.
They are warned to regard with suspicion and reject all teaching on the subject any different from that which they have been taught.
In fact, to think of the venerable doctrine of the church on this subject as being FALSE, strikes them as being blasphemous.
There is only one sure path in this important hour, there is only one way to know the truth, the whole truth, and nothing but the truth.
Even now, as in the long ago, our blessed Lord, Jesus Christ, stands, saying, "I have yet many things to say unto you, but ye cannot bear them now.
Howbeit when He, the Spirit of Truth is come, He will guide you into all truth" (Jn. 16:12-13).

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Badge number 102 1 hr smh 1
jcms 4 hr smartone 25
park ridge apartments 4 hr smartone 12
Matthew "Matt" Abner 4 hr smartone 5
Beware,, All men, 4 hr smartone 14
Word/Letter Game (Jun '12) 12 hr Honest Babe 433
Glynna Ingram (Jun '14) 21 hr Mr Go 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKee Mortgages