(community funeral home)
Susan

Chesterfield, MO

#29 Dec 30, 2011
I have been to the Community Funeral home and I think the new owners are Great People. The owners are husband and wife and both of them are licensed funeral directors and embalmers. Wow a lady embalmer! I made my funeral arrangemnts there today and I'm telling every one about the GREAT PRICES and how nice they are to people.
GOd Bless!
calgon take me away

Nicholasville, KY

#30 Dec 30, 2011
Wally wrote:
<quoted text> DON'T YOU THINK YOU CAN TALK TO ME A LITTLE BETTER!!!!
Hell No!!!!!!!!!!
Wally

Langley, KY

#31 Dec 30, 2011
Another Gimpy!!! WOW
Les

Bays, KY

#32 Dec 30, 2011
Met the Husband and Wife team today and they are really nice. They are from Bell County and the husband has been in the funeral home business most of his life. If I understood him correctly, they put the Mother of 5 that was killed in Manchester on the 23rd away yesterday. Apparently she had no life insurance and they had transferred the body to 5 different funeral homes who would not accept it. That is someone who cares about people that would do something like that.
for the better

Virgie, KY

#33 Dec 31, 2011
Les wrote:
Met the Husband and Wife team today and they are really nice. They are from Bell County and the husband has been in the funeral home business most of his life. If I understood him correctly, they put the Mother of 5 that was killed in Manchester on the 23rd away yesterday. Apparently she had no life insurance and they had transferred the body to 5 different funeral homes who would not accept it. That is someone who cares about people that would do something like that.
bet lakes was one of the 5 the body was taken to. i't a shame, all about the almighty dollar. i would like to see the new funeral home do well. lakes' talk too much when they do have a body. i'm going to change my and my husbands' policy to community funeral home.
copout

Waneta, KY

#34 Dec 31, 2011
Abe Lincoln wrote:
well it might be true and it might be false ,they just went from justices,gabbards and now its community funeral home,im just wondering how good their services are???and who is running the darn place??its just cheaper than lakes n im not getting any younger,i seen as i passed the place they had a customer and as we all know we couldnt go ask them so im just checking on a place to take myself or a loved one if something happens.i dont know anything about somebody humping corpses or lonnie humping a live one.just wondering is rusty doing the imbalming or who??
I dont think they had a "customer" probably called a BODY ,lol
Denny

Chesterfield, MO

#35 Dec 31, 2011
I think that the new owners are doing a great job with the Funeral Home and I think they will be a great help to our community. I heard on the radio some lady was in despearate need of fire wood and some one calle din on dial a deal and sid they had wood if some one would haul it they could ahve it. Then a few seconds the Community Funeral Home called in and said they would haul it to the lady Free of charge. Now that is some GREAT peopple I beat lakes would have not done that. I'm going to community funeral home. Denny
now wait

Virgie, KY

#36 Dec 31, 2011
Now wait a minute Cop Out! If a person has prepaid their funeral, whether it be by cash to the funeral home or paid thru an insurance policy, wouldn't this person be a pre paid customer? I thought so.
thinking

Virgie, KY

#37 Dec 31, 2011
now wait wrote:
Now wait a minute Cop Out! If a person has prepaid their funeral, whether it be by cash to the funeral home or paid thru an insurance policy, wouldn't this person be a pre paid customer? I thought so.
im going with u. If i'm not a customer, then i need to stop paying for my funeral.
Cheryl

Virgie, KY

#38 Dec 31, 2011
Can anyone just see some one hauling wood at Lakes' Funeral Home. That is a joke! My boyfriend tells me Murrel Lakes still owns the Lakes funeral home and he charges so much rent that they have to charge back to the customer to pay the extremly high rent and still make a profit. That's not my problem and i'll check and if Community is any cheaper at all. then this day and time we have to do what we have to do. Maybe I can lower my $8,000.00 policy and save on the monthly premium. They are probably closed until Tuesday but if I can save and have the same service then take my customer or body to Community Funeral Home.
Abe Lincoln

Mckee, KY

#39 Dec 31, 2011
well where does t.hurley work now?? this has gone to another level for my curiosity,anyone who would do that to a deceased person should get the death penalty no matter where he worked .personaly i think lakes does a great job they have treated me and my family with the ut most curtiousy everytime weve had a family member pass.i was just wondering about WHO? ownes the community funeral home??and how their services are??not who l.hackers humping or t.hurley cause ill agree to this if i ever caught t.hurley or anyone humping a dear loved one of mine they wouldnt hump again thats a promise.
copout

Waneta, KY

#41 Dec 31, 2011
now wait wrote:
Now wait a minute Cop Out! If a person has prepaid their funeral, whether it be by cash to the funeral home or paid thru an insurance policy, wouldn't this person be a pre paid customer? I thought so.
I just assumed we were talking about DEAD people,,,,,,,,,,lol
Yep

Pikeville, KY

#42 Dec 31, 2011
Blue Lakes and Conley Tyree own the funeral home. This new funeral home is owned by people from another area. They will do acts of kindness and have lower prices to win the business. That is a common thing to do. They know it takes time for families to have trust in them.

The people at Lakes Funeral Home are very kind and professional people. I have known them for many years.

Just be careful of all the rumors, because they can plan something in your mind that just isn't true. Rely on your friends that you trust for information, not misguided things that are on here.
Cheryl

Virgie, KY

#43 Dec 31, 2011
Well! Think we will just find out from Conley just who does own the Lakes' Funeral Home. We have known him for many years. He is a very kind and professional person and WILL NOT lie to us. Just be careful of all the rumors, because they can plant something in your mind and make you think the female bodies were being sexually mistreated at another funeral home when in reality, they were being mistreated at Lakes' Funeral Home down at McKee.
but why

Virgie, KY

#47 Jan 1, 2012
I just had a thought today that I had never had before. Why in the world would anyone want to take a female body to any feneral home such as Lakes' that doesn't have a female embalmer on duty. I would have to wonder if this would even be illegal.
welcome folks

Virgie, KY

#48 Jan 1, 2012
Yep wrote:
Blue Lakes and Conley Tyree own the funeral home. This new funeral home is owned by people from another area. They will do acts of kindness and have lower prices to win the business. That is a common thing to do. They know it takes time for families to have trust in them.
The people at Lakes Funeral Home are very kind and professional people. I have known them for many years.
Just be careful of all the rumors, because they can plan something in your mind that just isn't true. Rely on your friends that you trust for information, not misguided things that are on here.
Yep! You just stated they would have lower prices. Would it not be a good time to go down there and pre-pay for a couple of funerals? Thought so!
Yep

Pikeville, KY

#49 Jan 1, 2012
welcome folks wrote:
<quoted text> Yep! You just stated they would have lower prices. Would it not be a good time to go down there and pre-pay for a couple of funerals? Thought so!
Don't think it was me that mentioned lower prices.
got pride

Virgie, KY

#50 Jan 1, 2012
but why wrote:
I just had a thought today that I had never had before. Why in the world would anyone want to take a female body to any feneral home such as Lakes' that doesn't have a female embalmer on duty. I would have to wonder if this would even be illegal.
i think the brown woman that does the cleaning is the female embalmer up there cause by law there have to be a woman on duty to work with the females if they dont have a woman to take care of my nude hindend then send me some where else i no i wouldnt no anything about it but the thought of lonnie hacker or another male working on me i dont no bout that what if that pervert that stayed at lakes goodness no dont let him undress me
show horse

Virgie, KY

#53 Jan 2, 2012
can anybody out there tell me the straight story about the freak that was suppose to been feelig womens bodies or whatever he was doing to them at lake funeral home there at mckee the troth needs to be told i know the man they have been talking about and he does seem a little off balance is he doing this now or did it happen sometime in the past i have seen him up there a lot on the porch but dont think i have seen him lately people just tell me if this happened or is people being mean to this old man
Yep

Pikeville, KY

#54 Jan 2, 2012
show horse wrote:
can anybody out there tell me the straight story about the freak that was suppose to been feelig womens bodies or whatever he was doing to them at lake funeral home there at mckee the troth needs to be told i know the man they have been talking about and he does seem a little off balance is he doing this now or did it happen sometime in the past i have seen him up there a lot on the porch but dont think i have seen him lately people just tell me if this happened or is people being mean to this old man
It's probably just something to cause trouble. Some People like to keep something stirred up. I think it would have been known if this had really happened.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Jc middle school principal 4 hr Wondering 1
This is not Owsley county 5 hr Darren 9
I just love Owsley County 17 hr Sunflower 1
Username real on here is starting rumors 18 hr Mayflower 2
Convicted Felon 20 hr Unfair to others 6
James Michael Flannery (Feb '11) 23 hr Sperm child 7
Rooster Fights (Feb '09) Wed john hancock 146

McKee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKee Mortgages