Shooting on March 6, 2010

Posted in the McKee Forum

First Prev
of 12
Next Last
TomTom

Langley, KY

#1 Sep 20, 2010
What happened to Darren Moore? Did he live or did he die? Was anything done with Trooper Jesse Armstrong? What about Kevin Berry? This was hushed up very quickly... Wonder why?
WhirlWind

Langley, KY

#2 Sep 20, 2010
Didn't this happen in Sand Gap? Did the man die?
know him

Chesterfield, MO

#3 Sep 20, 2010
yes he did die, it happened behind the frostyett

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#4 Sep 20, 2010
Didn't something happen behind the Frostyett a while back?
1 chicks opinion

Annville, KY

#5 Sep 20, 2010
TomTom wrote:
What happened to Darren Moore? Did he live or did he die? Was anything done with Trooper Jesse Armstrong? What about Kevin Berry? This was hushed up very quickly... Wonder why?
wth??? to the best of my memory a female called 911 reported he had a gun, threatening to kill her & anyone that responded to the call. upon officers arrival to the home he had a gun. officers told him to put the gun down he didn't & yes, he ended up getting shot. wth? i get the feeling you think the officers were the "bad guys".....?
TomTom

Langley, KY

#6 Sep 21, 2010
Not saying they were the bad guys, but everything has been hushed up. Thats why I ask did the man die? What happened?
Family

Dallas, TX

#7 Feb 22, 2011
No he is still alive and is going to trial.
Bystander

Pikeville, KY

#8 Feb 22, 2011
I heard all that on the scanner that night and I think the woman should have left and maybe her husband would have laid down and not have been shot. She was out of the house safely. She should have just left. I'm not saying her husband was right for threatening people but I think maybe it could have mostly been avoided if she had just left after she got out.
Gossipers

Miami, FL

#9 Feb 22, 2011
this is so sad!!!!!!!!!!
linda

Chesterfield, MO

#10 Feb 23, 2011
Mind yo bidness
Darren Moore

Henderson, KY

#11 Feb 24, 2011
I Am the man in question who was shot.. To clear things up I am very much alive, I am however recovering from 11 gunshot wounds one of which blew my hand completely off. I am a decorated Iraq veteran with no prior record who made it home safe from a war just to get gunned down at my own home.I thank those who support me and have had enough common sense not to believe everything they hear from newspapers and local gossip. I have always been a peaceful, respectful man who has been raised to serve my country, my family,to be a good citizen and to be a peaceful forgiving man.I want to clear up any allegations that there was domestic violence involved, My wife and I had ONLY a verbal argument, At no point did I ever threaten her life. I was ambushed in this, If I had known police were coming I would have met with them and told them what was going on. If they would have responded to my home in their cruisers with lights on this situation would have played out different with no conflict. All I saw that night was a flashlight click on and off like someone was messing around my home. I feel that I was completely within my constitutional rights to protect my home, the same rights I fought to protect in Iraq for every citizen in this great nation that I love. Last night around 10 p.m. or so the jury could not agree on a verdict and the trial was declared a mistrial.I have nothing but good things to say about the jurrors in this matter, they were very fair, unbiased, and professional.. Again,..I want to personally thank those who have supported me through this and who have used their own common sense and good judgement not to believe the gossip being spread, And would also like to add that if youre looking for facts dont waste your money on buying the Jackson county sun, they are a very biased and one sided paper who cant even get facts straight. Thank you again for the concern about if I survived my injuries and I want to thank everyone who supports me, old supporters and new.
Darren Moore

Henderson, KY

#12 Feb 24, 2011
Gossipers wrote:
this is so sad!!!!!!!!!!
This has been a very difficult and sad time in my life and in the lives of my family and friends, thank you
You left something out

Chesterfield, MO

#13 Feb 24, 2011
I remember when this happened and hearing it over the scanner....what about the part where dispatch relayed a message to the responding officers that you had a bullet proof vest on, was armed and had said that if the law showed up you would kill them?
raybob

Pikeville, KY

#14 Feb 24, 2011
I always wear a vest when I'm watching TV.
Darren Moore

Henderson, KY

#15 Feb 24, 2011
That statement is hear say my friend, I did have on a vest but It was not intended for law enforcement I thought some of her family may have been on their way to jump me, I had no car or phone, I was just taking precautions and I thank god now that I did have the vest on.
money honey

Mount Vernon, KY

#16 Feb 24, 2011
The wife who called for help and said he was killer,I hear she got right back with him same old SH*T they fight and MY tax dollars send the police
TIE up court system and spend thousands of tax money.
The cops well what do they do? HE HAD A GUN ON them while wearing VEST? well I'm sure THE Lawyers will gret rich off this one at our expense.
I THINK THE JURY SHOULD HAVE locked him and his wife up for wasting our money. not too mention the trouble these officers have went thru over this B/S , I guess they may not go next time! OPPS they would get fired and sued if they did not get in touch with all parties involved in a domestic.
OH well I guess it ain't over yet=they will have to do it again at tax payers expense.
Darren Moore

Henderson, KY

#17 Feb 24, 2011
I'm not here though to argue my case, just wanted to clear things up and to get some facts out there as to what happened and to clear up the rumors that I am dead. Theres two sides to every story, I just wanted the other side of it to be brought to everyones attention.
Darren Moore

Henderson, KY

#18 Feb 24, 2011
money honey wrote:
The wife who called for help and said he was killer,I hear she got right back with him same old SH*T they fight and MY tax dollars send the police
TIE up court system and spend thousands of tax money.
The cops well what do they do? HE HAD A GUN ON them while wearing VEST? well I'm sure THE Lawyers will gret rich off this one at our expense.
I THINK THE JURY SHOULD HAVE locked him and his wife up for wasting our money. not too mention the trouble these officers have went thru over this B/S , I guess they may not go next time! OPPS they would get fired and sued if they did not get in touch with all parties involved in a domestic.
OH well I guess it ain't over yet=they will have to do it again at tax payers expense.
And just so you know sir/maam I pay my lawyers out of my own pocket
thanks

Mount Vernon, KY

#19 Feb 24, 2011
Darren Moore wrote:
<quoted text> And just so you know sir/maam I pay my lawyers out of my own pocket
Thank You for your service to OUR country!
LOOKS too me that this might be a prime example of TEN COMMANDMENTS
maybe she should have stood by her man.
ANYWAY I'm sure of one thing men or boys just don't use heads at least the right one in choosing a wife.
A long dating period could help also.
The more YOU stoop around in a mess the bigger the pile is!!!!!!!!
hollergirl

Pikeville, KY

#20 Feb 24, 2011
You were shot 3 times not 11. Have you thought about getting counsling or anger management classes?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 12
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Barricade situation 10 hr Urdumb 3
skinny dipping at flat rock 11 hr devo 1
Word Association (Aug '10) 17 hr Honest Babe 2,829
Six Letter Word Game (Jun '09) 17 hr Honest Babe 3,321
Add a Word / Drop a Word (Aug '10) 17 hr Honest Babe 4,355
Mark Foley Thu Wondering 7
Poll Should Beth Sallee the County Treasure be fired... (Oct '12) Wed Flur 36

McKee Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance