Ambulance service in trouble

Posted in the McKee Forum

What else will happen

Mayking, KY

#1 Mar 11, 2013
I was told by someone who knows they are about to close the doors let a bunch of people go and forcing the ones that stay to work a shift for 20 bucks
sad

Evansville, IN

#2 Mar 11, 2013
they cant "force" the ones to stay to work. the people have the right to choose whether they want to work there or not..
jessica

Mckee, KY

#3 Mar 11, 2013
Sex,Drugs,and rock and roll.
Have to work somewhere

Annville, KY

#4 Mar 11, 2013
Guess you are right they can't make you stay I bet there's a bunch looking for a new job
get r done

Lexington, KY

#5 Mar 11, 2013
linda will fix it
Crazy

Pikeville, KY

#7 Mar 11, 2013
get r done wrote:
linda will fix it
I don't think Linda will be fixing anything as they got rid of her a long time ago
Have to work somewhere

Annville, KY

#8 Mar 11, 2013
Crazy wrote:
They are not shutting the doors I was told by a board that they are laying some people off and going back to doing call time again like they always did in the past. I guess hard times is affecting everyone. They apparently can't make it on insurance and taxes after its all been reduced. I don't think someone who is smart enough to run a million dollar business on little to nothing would force something illegal on anyone. Use your brain. Probably Danny Allen running his mouth again. Hopefully he is one they let go because he sure runs that place into the ground. Always has since he has been there. Take a hint moron and take a hike while your at it. Nobody wants you around anyway.
it wasn't a he it was a she I just hope they fix it we need a service I have a lot of older family members grandparents in bad health it would be a disaster if something happen to our ambulance service
Great job

Annville, KY

#9 Mar 12, 2013
They do a great job there's no way they will let the ambulance service shut down and I know Danny personally he has a heart of gold would give his shirt off his back to help someone and I'm sure that all the employees are like that it takes a special type of person to do that job shame on you
jessica

Mckee, KY

#10 Mar 12, 2013
When a car hit a horse on in front of Marcums true value a passenger had a scratch on his arm.The ambulance driver asked if he was alright and he said he was but could use a band aid on a scratch.All he got was one band aid and a bill for over one hundred dollars.The service should be making money at that rate.
Sex and more shop in Mexi

Mckee, KY

#11 Mar 12, 2013
jessica wrote:
Sex,Drugs,and rock and roll.
Numb the brain with drugs, end up with no gun rights and a felony and feed a corrupt and broken system, have sex, pop out welfare babies because all the work is in Mexico, and what's left of Mexico is here taking even more jobs, and try to forget it all by listening to music. Let the good times roll! Vote no repeat 2014.
X EMT

Mckee, KY

#12 Mar 13, 2013
Linda left on her own. When its starts to be corrupt, she left but she wasn't the only one. The Board Chairman also left. Which just left Lisa Brown and she has been with it for years. Even when it failed under the State Health dept. Since the other 2 Board members left, it went down hill. Its another failed project of Smith.
Linda

Pikeville, KY

#13 Mar 13, 2013
X EMT wrote:
Linda left on her own. When its starts to be corrupt, she left but she wasn't the only one. The Board Chairman also left. Which just left Lisa Brown and she has been with it for years. Even when it failed under the State Health dept. Since the other 2 Board members left, it went down hill. Its another failed project of Smith.
Linda was crazy, the chairman left before Linda did. Linda was the reason she left. Lisa has been involved since day 1. She wants to retire and not have to run twice a week for free to do things she must do to be chairman. Craig Bowles is the new chairman. As is Lynn Goforth, Beth Judd, and tisha Britton new board members. Hardly a corrupt bunch of people there. Smith has nothing to do with the ambulance service as it is not a county service. How anyone say anything is corrupt that is a public service that makes no profit is nuts but hey x EMT if it makes you feel better to say that because you were canned then go ahead knock yourself out.
Linda

Pikeville, KY

#14 Mar 13, 2013
What else will happen wrote:
I was told by someone who knows they are about to close the doors let a bunch of people go and forcing the ones that stay to work a shift for 20 bucks
so closing the doors? Letting a bunch go? Forcing people to work for 20.00? Which is it? You don't sound very bright. Moreover you shouldn't be throwing around rumors when you can't even make much sense of your posts.
Linda

Pikeville, KY

#15 Mar 13, 2013
Great job wrote:
They do a great job there's no way they will let the ambulance service shut down and I know Danny personally he has a heart of gold would give his shirt off his back to help someone and I'm sure that all the employees are like that it takes a special type of person to do that job shame on you
it is only when someone works with us or needs us that we are even thought about but a caring heart does not need recognition. No one here is nasty, everyone is very clean and administration would not risk infection or contamination so if they were unclean it would be addressed. I don't frequent topix or gossip garbage often but it was mentioned at work that we were being talked about on here. I'm with this person shame on you. I can assure you that no wrong doing is going on in our department, we make it on tax money in which was held for months from us to cause us to struggle not to mention that what we received this year was not even half of what was received last year. Next years audit will show why it was held and why we did not get so much this year. The rest of the money we receive to operate on is through insurance which Medicare has been reduced now so there is a huge loss there. So I'm sorry someone is upset for the 100.00 bill they got, I mean the fuel, wear and tear on the ambulance and the two personnel it took to staff that ambulance to bring you a bandaid was a bit much right? Perhaps you should not have told dispatch or 911 to send them? Maybe you people be reminded that we are not ran by the fiscal court, we don't have health insurance ourselves nor do we have retirement. We did have health insurance but thanks to someone who let their spending get out of control and felt the need to council a female all the way to huddle house in clay county in the sheriff cruiser, the fiscal court couldn't pay for that anymore. The cut in staff and layoffs were made to enable you to have a local Ems service but maybe you would be happy with waiting on clay county or laurel and Madison county. God knows we could make more money and have benefits if we all just left and went there to work. Can you imagine having untreated heart disease as a medical worker but not have insurance to pay for your meds and go out at two in the morning to take someone to the hospital because they have pain? Or fake seizures to get Valium at the hospital to feed an addiction ? Off my soap box now but have at it tearing people down who have saved many lives in this county. The reward will be in heaven before our father not from a nosey bunch of gossips.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Koch Bros. -- Full Documentery 2 hr Tellthetruth 12
Add a Word / Drop a Word (Aug '10) 2 hr Red_Forman 3,192
Which music videos do we like? (Feb '10) 3 hr I Am No One_ 1,239
Six Letter Word Game (Jun '09) 5 hr Little Joe 2,262
Word Association (Aug '10) 5 hr Little Joe 2,182
Hometown 16 hr driver 20
Craig Leffler selling synthetic 21 hr dude 1
More from around the web

McKee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE