discipline in schools and homes

discipline in schools and homes

Posted in the McKee Forum

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
ridge runner

Bays, KY

#1 Oct 22, 2012
should a better legal type of discipine be implimeted in schools and homes? Should the paddle be brought back?
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#2 Oct 22, 2012
Just what was it you did that's got you thinking you need a paddling? ;)

lol
whoop em

New Albany, IN

#3 Oct 22, 2012
im not sure about using the paddle in school, but i sincerely believe whippings should not be frowned upon as much as they seem to be these days. a teachers job is to teach and maintain discipline in their classes. if a child steps out of line in class, then that is what detention and suspensions are for.. if a parent has any idea about being a parent, when a child comes home from school and has been in trouble, then the parent should dole out the punishment accordingly. how can the public education system be held accountable for discipline when its very clear that some of these heathens have none at home?!??!?
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#4 Oct 22, 2012
whoop em wrote:
im not sure about using the paddle in school, but i sincerely believe whippings should not be frowned upon as much as they seem to be these days. a teachers job is to teach and maintain discipline in their classes. if a child steps out of line in class, then that is what detention and suspensions are for.. if a parent has any idea about being a parent, when a child comes home from school and has been in trouble, then the parent should dole out the punishment accordingly. how can the public education system be held accountable for discipline when its very clear that some of these heathens have none at home?!??!?
Which heathens don't have discipline at home, female teachers being jailed for having sex with teen boys or male teachers having sex with teen girls? You raising kids?
whoop em

New Albany, IN

#5 Oct 22, 2012
lmao.. this country is filled with ignorant parents that lack basic parenting skills. people who choose to be their childs "best friends" at the loss of being their childs mentor, disciplinarian, teacher, caregiver, or provider. if you lack the vision to see ignorant parents raising ignorant children, then i have no way to point this out to you.. and where in my post did i say anything about sex with kids? if that were the posted question, i would gladly have made a comment on it. this post was about paddling in school.. and my reply discussed that.. what exactly did you post in relation to this thread?
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#6 Oct 22, 2012
To whoopem,
So, which of your ignorant parents raised you to be ignorant?
One

Two

Three

Now....how judgmental did my question sound?

Think, then I'll get back to you.
whoop em

New Albany, IN

#7 Oct 22, 2012
get back off me.. my parents raised me to pay attention. as i asked before, what does your ignorant posts have anything to do with this thread? it is possible that you are viewing this through your large intestine, considering where your head seems to be planted. dont dodge my question. where did teachers and their sexual relationships evolve from this posts topic? stay with us, keep on topic.. it would greatly advance the experience of most people reading. dont be defensive.. i can smell b(*)h all over you..
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#8 Oct 22, 2012
So, your parents telling you that when your teacher hits you they will too; great idea, one you'll pass down when you have kids.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#9 Oct 22, 2012
whoop em wrote:
get back off me.. my parents raised me to pay attention. as i asked before, what does your ignorant posts have anything to do with this thread? it is possible that you are viewing this through your large intestine, considering where your head seems to be planted. dont dodge my question. where did teachers and their sexual relationships evolve from this posts topic? stay with us, keep on topic.. it would greatly advance the experience of most people reading. dont be defensive.. i can smell b(*)h all over you..
Sorry, whoopem;
I almost always forget when I post that some aren't adults. Again, my apologiies.
whoop em

New Albany, IN

#10 Oct 23, 2012
your reading comprehension skills are lacking. you obviously took from my response to this thread what you wanted to take. if you re-read what i said its possible that you will understand what i meant by it. do i think spankings are a good option for discipline at home? your damn right i do. some kids dont respond to timeouts or grounding, some do. it would have been much more friendly if you would have just given your opinion on the subject than attacking me for mine. you are either someone who thrives on pushing your views on others, or you get off on putting people who you dont agree with down. either way, its likely that you lack much more maturity than i. to clear the air, i dont care if/how you discipline your kids. im sure, however, that you will push your opinion on whomever you disagree with. regardless of what you think, whipping and beating children are 2 completely different things.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#11 Oct 23, 2012
to whoop em:

Now I get it. Finally. Forgive me, I slow. You only wanted to lecture, not engage in a grownup give 'n take. Oh, and it's only all those other awful, ignorant, heathen parents that are raising kids to be heathens, not your parents. Of course not; that would make you a product of two ignorant heathens. Sometimes I hate being soooooooo right. I'd literally rather be wrong sometimes.

....Awaiting your next jab.
haha

Virgie, KY

#12 Oct 23, 2012
jdohe wrote:
to whoop em:
Now I get it. Finally. Forgive me, I slow. You only wanted to lecture, not engage in a grownup give 'n take. Oh, and it's only all those other awful, ignorant, heathen parents that are raising kids to be heathens, not your parents. Of course not; that would make you a product of two ignorant heathens. Sometimes I hate being soooooooo right. I'd literally rather be wrong sometimes.
....Awaiting your next jab.
what ever it is you are doing, it can in no way be considered " a grownup give 'n take.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#13 Oct 23, 2012
haha wrote:
<quoted text>
what ever it is you are doing, it can in no way be considered " a grownup give 'n take.
Any other observations?
ridge runner

Bays, KY

#14 Oct 23, 2012
Since I started this mess,let me jump in and say my two cents worth and then you can jump all over me and tell me if I`m wrong.
This is a very touchy subject. Seems there a reasons for both sides.

An awful lot of people seem to not understand there is a difference between a spanking to teach a child, and child abuse as in over doing it.
Any reasonable person should know that child abuse is wrong. Too many people are not reasonable.
If we let a child grow up with no training, they sometimes get too much self esteem and think they can do anything they please.Since a lot of people are not reasonable, I think we have an unsolved problem in a sense.What we type on here won`t change anything and I don`t have a complete answer.
Children who have very little training at home are likely to run into trouble with the police and on the job later. We won`t even mention the military, because if they join that it takes a short time to learn they are not in control.
It will be interesting to see what people say and maybe we can learn something.
dontworry

Pikeville, KY

#15 Oct 23, 2012
whoop em wrote:
your reading comprehension skills are lacking. you obviously took from my response to this thread what you wanted to take. if you re-read what i said its possible that you will understand what i meant by it. do i think spankings are a good option for discipline at home? your damn right i do. some kids dont respond to timeouts or grounding, some do. it would have been much more friendly if you would have just given your opinion on the subject than attacking me for mine. you are either someone who thrives on pushing your views on others, or you get off on putting people who you dont agree with down. either way, its likely that you lack much more maturity than i. to clear the air, i dont care if/how you discipline your kids. im sure, however, that you will push your opinion on whomever you disagree with. regardless of what you think, whipping and beating children are 2 completely different things.
This person attacks EVERY person who posts on topix. That is everyone except homosexuals and atheists. Get my hint?Just ignore people like them . They are not worth 2 farts in a whirlwind, so why even care what they think?
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#16 Oct 23, 2012
To dontworry:
Feeling attacked? Very odd reaction to me posting opinions on a public forum. Reality check; inhabitants who expect JC to enter 21st century thinking - something I soooo wish for - must acquire a willingness to permit personal opinions. It traslates to companies willingness o creat jobs, county economy/growth. I find it sooo odd that you view my pro homosexuals pro atheism opinions as attempts to "attack" you.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#17 Oct 23, 2012
To ridge runner;
I appreciate the reminder. Each generation discusses hitting kids. I believe, every time any adult wields physical power over any kid (ex. corporal punishment), it sets that kid up to become a victim of, or a "Jerry Sandusky". I also believe statistics are proving this more and more.
uh huh

Denver, CO

#18 Oct 23, 2012
dontworry wrote:
<quoted text>
This person attacks EVERY person who posts on topix. That is everyone except homosexuals and atheists. Get my hint?Just ignore people like them . They are not worth 2 farts in a whirlwind, so why even care what they think?
I know what you're sayin..some ppl can't be happy unless their spewing their hatred and imposing their bitterness on others.
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#19 Oct 23, 2012
uh huh wrote:
<quoted text>
I know what you're sayin..some ppl can't be happy unless their spewing their hatred and imposing their bitterness on others.
So, why are you spewing your bitterness?
jdohe

Friendsville, TN

#20 Oct 23, 2012
For the record, spewing bitterness DOES NOT create happiness, not in anybody, especially the person who's already bitter.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 3
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
park ridge apartments 3 hr Wondering 13
Word/Letter Game (Jun '12) 11 hr 75 Scorpio 434
Badge number 102 14 hr smh 1
jcms 16 hr smartone 25
Matthew "Matt" Abner 17 hr smartone 5
Beware,, All men, 17 hr smartone 14
Glynna Ingram (Jun '14) Thu Mr Go 10
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McKee Mortgages