of 7
Next Last

“NO MADE UP SCREEN NAME ”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#123 Feb 28, 2013
CATWOMAN wrote:
I am sorry for your loss.
Time will tell....now that the audit is out..the guilty can not hide for long.
The problem with the audits is only says there is shortage of money or an overspending of money - it doesn't say where it went, where it came from, or if a crime has happened.

Things don't look right - and to be honest - some warning bells went off in my head the day of the meeting while talking to various people that got me to checking deeper.

One of the problems with this type of format for discussion is the name calling and shooting at fish in a barrel...looks easy enough but really hard as the bullet just doesn't go anywhere once it hits water...lol

The other part is you are limited in the number of keystrokes and you don't have sufficient space to really put all thoughts together coherently and some thoughts get broken or just don't translate right on text. It sounds right to you when you right because you know what you are thinking and how you meant it to come out but sometimes it appears differently later when you finally re-read it or it is not clear to another reader.

Then you find yourself responding to comments which further muddles the communication and make it easy to drift off context and topic...lol

Often only one text by one person on one thread is read and it appears something else is meant other than what was intended as - in my case and others - it is actually a continuation of thoughts that appear in other topics that are similar and related. It is too easy to not read every text by a poster and or realize there others and by the same token the writer - even I - forget we aren't on the same thread.

I like face to face better than this type of communication for this reason.

I sometimes have to go back and clarify and correct things myself - other times it is just a confusion of banter that has no real meaning.

I want a fair and balanced approach to this situation as it IS SERIOUS AND AFFECTS US ALL -- and I think a 3rd party should come in and look at what everyone is doing.

I also think they could cut staff where it is not needed as these books seem to have problems and a good CPA should be hired to handle all the county money as it should be so there are no more wrong entries and if a shortage is coming it is dealt with beforehand and not afterwards.

I think it is quite possible the Fiscal Court might have meant well and still might have broke laws and or inappropriately handled things in an effort to stem the coming shortage to keep on equal footing and although they did not intend to break laws or handle the money inappropriately with only the best interest of the county at heart they still did.

I believe most of those involved in the Fiscal Court are basically good, honest people and I respect a number of them, and I believe it is entirely possible they could have simply found themselves overwhelmed by events and tried to muddle through it - but it still makes it questionable and thus justification for a third party to come in sort it out and having a CPA or someone more qualified and versed in law and or money management to assume these duties to prevent future events from transpiring again.

I don't think the taxpayer is necessarily responsible for the fixing of the problem though as we didn't authorize or move that money around.

But I am just one person and have just one opinion.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#124 Feb 28, 2013
CATWOMAN wrote:

Smith using the retirement money for other things was surely not the smartest thing to do (although legal)...
One question, How can it be legal to use the retirement money for other things, and not pay into the retirements system, causing the employee's to loss a years worth of interest? Just asking!!
CATWOMAN

Morristown, TN

#125 Feb 28, 2013
Jee I dont know..ask the auditor!!!
just so

Mckee, KY

#126 Feb 28, 2013
Honest Babe wrote:
Audit raises questions for Jackson Co. Sheriff's Office
MCKEE, Ky (WYMT)- An audit of the Jackson County Sheriff's Office found many problems, both financial and in the way the office is managed.
The fee account for 2011 has a deficit totaling almost $113,000.
The audit also found that the department owes the fiscal court around $278,000 from the past two years.
For months, Jackson County Judge Executive William O. Smith has been asking Sheriff Denny Peyman for reimbursement for the money the fiscal court gave him for payroll.
"It's in black and white now, and it's not what we are saying, but what the auditor is saying," said Smith. "We have been directed by the auditors to collect the fees that are owed the fiscal court because we have fiscal responsibilities that we have to meet, and we can't meet them if we don't have the funds to do so."
For the full story on the WKYT website...
http://www.wkyt.com/wymt/home/headlines/Audit...
Well i must be looking at the wrong paper cause the way i read it is.The auditor sayed he should elimanate the sum of 112889.00 from the deficit that means he isnt libale for that.And the total in the deficit was 28'868.00.The way i read it the over spending did not take place to the fee pooling was put in place by William O.In all honesty Honest Babe i think they alot more being hide from the public then we are being told or even shown.And another note William O has lied to use he let on as if the major part of the money to the irs had been paid an then in a special meeting to agree to borrow money he said it wasnt so that says he is not being truthful one way or another.I really dont think borrowing a half mill. is the right step for the county not with everything that is unclear at moment

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#127 Mar 1, 2013
CATWOMAN wrote:
Jee I dont know..ask the auditor!!!
I read and reread the info that was in the paper and nowhere did it state that it was ok for the retirement money to be spent somewhere else. If I missed it tell me where it was .
CATWOMAN

Morristown, TN

#128 Mar 1, 2013
Well, he is not under arrest is he?

“NO MADE UP SCREEN NAME ”

Since: Jan 12

Location hidden

#129 Mar 1, 2013
The December audit I saw shows Denny did repay all the money he owed initially.

Now, if I read it correctly, and I believe I have - he paid half of it out of 2012 tax receipts which means he has about 112,000.00 still in the hole - something was not made clear to me a few days ago.

He stated he was current - and technically he might be - until the next audit or tax collection - or maybe he has since paid it as the Audit is 3 months old and lot can happen in 3 months.

I am trying to get free long enough to ask him if that sum is correct and or if it has been taken care of or not.

I HAVE GREAT CONCERNS... and still think the Attorney General needs to come in and find out what really is going on or really happened.

Something seems wrong all the way around.

Now, that is not to say every office in the county has problems IN FACT I AM PLEASED TO SEE THAT DUCK MOORE'S OFFICE APPEARS TO BE IN FANTASTIC SHAPE WITH ONLY A COUPLE OF RECOMMENDATIONS TO SEGREGATE ACCOUNTS - which is a fancy word for a condition exists in which a problem MIGHT not be detected early - but every audit seems to have this language in it.

IN FACT DUCK'S OFFICE HAS 51,000.00 SURPLUS and is current -

That at least speaks well of his office...AND I THINK HE IS DOING A BANG-UP JOB AT IT.

I'm still looking through the others - but at least we know some are top of the game so I am hopeful this whole mess is isolated and will never be repeated again..
Say it isnt so

Virgie, KY

#130 Mar 1, 2013
Peyman should get on the news and explain what he did. It is clear he cannot manage money of any kind. Smith cannot rob peter to pay paul. It is illegal to use employee appointed funds that are from thier pay checks. The reason the state has not done anything YET, is because they are having issues of the same sort. When it coems right down to it, Smith was writing all the checks. He should have cut this off long ago. 500,000 is alot of oney to pay back at any interest rate. Who is to say that there will not be jail time for many when it is all said and done. One thing I do not do Kitty Litter, is hide behind what is clear as day. Smith and Peyman are not the men for the job anymore. Thney were voted in and rest assured next election they will be voted OUT. Lets see who runs for election in 2014. I would say that you will be surprised who shows up on the ballots.

“Plumb Tickled To Death!”

Since: Mar 09

Shhhh! It's A Secret

#131 Mar 1, 2013
The audit I see on the State Auditor's website DOES NOT SHOW Peyman paid back the $65,274 he owes Fiscal Court for payroll during 2011.

The audit shows that the $65,274 Peyman owes Fiscal Court only makes up a portion of the $112,889 deficit the Sheriff's office had for calendar year 2011.
CATWOMAN

Morristown, TN

#133 Mar 1, 2013
Say it isnt so wrote:
Peyman should get on the news and explain what he did. It is clear he cannot manage money of any kind. Smith cannot rob peter to pay paul. It is illegal to use employee appointed funds that are from thier pay checks. The reason the state has not done anything YET, is because they are having issues of the same sort. When it coems right down to it, Smith was writing all the checks. He should have cut this off long ago. 500,000 is alot of oney to pay back at any interest rate. Who is to say that there will not be jail time for many when it is all said and done. One thing I do not do Kitty Litter, is hide behind what is clear as day. Smith and Peyman are not the men for the job anymore. Thney were voted in and rest assured next election they will be voted OUT. Lets see who runs for election in 2014. I would say that you will be surprised who shows up on the ballots.
And one thing I do NOT do is allow anyone elses opinion to influence mine. You keep directing your comments to me...Sorry, but you are not going to change my mind.
If you do not like the Judge or the way he does his job....TAKE IT UP WITH HIM ..I am not his agent or his secretary! LOL
Say it isnt so

Virgie, KY

#134 Mar 2, 2013
Its being taken up with Smith... Kitty Litter, if your opinions was of any importance you would still be in the county. You decided to move, so really its none of your business what happens here. But it is highly possible that you do not live in Morris Town like you say, why else would you take such interest here... You may be a drug stop for all we know. I shall call you Piss Poor Kitty Litter from now on since you are attached to Piss Poor Peyman. He needs to move to your town next. Really, Could you not take it and have to leave.
CATWOMAN

Morristown, TN

#135 Mar 2, 2013
LOLOL if ny opinion is of no importance..why do you keep worrying over it?? You are free to ignore it!! LOL it wont hurt my feelings! LOLOL
I REALLY dont care what you think....and call me anything you like!!

And I WILL take a interest in anything I choose to take an interest in!!

Maybe your time would be better spent concentrating on your interests .. instead of mine......!!
Sounds to me like you are jealous of peyman...DONT WORRY..He is safe from me!!LOLOLOLOLOL
Say it isnt so

Virgie, KY

#136 Mar 3, 2013
hehehehehe, Gotha stirred up didn't I, Kitty. Go play in the litter box..lololol
CATWOMAN

Morristown, TN

#137 Mar 3, 2013
Sorry..no you didnt! LOL you need to go play in a DICTIONARY!!! LOLOLOL
Melba

Morristown, TN

#138 Mar 12, 2013
gee what a topic to be discussing

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 7
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McKee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Peyman Vindicated???? Bond PAYMENT DENIED! (Jun '13) 54 min duke snider 173
Denny Peyman refuses to sign for tax bills 1 hr Carma 29
Word/Letter Game (Jun '12) 4 hr Doug77 91
Six Letter Word Game (Jun '09) 4 hr Honest Babe 1,735
prtc 4 hr Honest Babe 29
People On Drugs In JC 7 hr good BUDdy 4
Big blabber mouth 19 hr Not me 1
McKee Dating
Find my Match

McKee People Search