Despair over disrepair

Despair over disrepair

There are 1 comment on the Northwest Herald story from Jan 31, 2010, titled Despair over disrepair. In it, Northwest Herald reports that:

Catalin Abagiu – [email protected] Phyllis Marciniak, 59, left helps her mother, Mae Wagner, 87, walk through the snow-covered path that leads to the entrance of the chapel on the Chapel Hill Road on Jan.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Northwest Herald.

Michelle Smith Schrade

Glendale, AZ

#1 Feb 2, 2010
It's very sad that our family's chapel would be allowed to fall into a state of disrepair regardless of who owns the property or what season of the year it is. As a descendent of Frederick Schmitt who only recently learned of the chapel's existence, it matters very much to me.
Someone mentioned that if the chapel had some historical significance it might be worth saving.
Here's food for thought. One of Fred Schmitt's great-great?-grandson's was a missionary priest in Guatemala and was assasinated in July 1981. He has been proclaimed a Martyr of the church and the first step has been taken towards Beatification.
I would gladly contribute towards the maintenance fund and hope to one day soon make the visit to Johnsburg and the chapel. To learn more about Father Stanley Rother, follow the link.
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Stanley_Rother

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McHenry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Rip off artist Oct 1 Steve77 3
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Sep 23 Johnny Bags 176
News 4 Island Lake cops to get Life Saving Awards Sep 20 Island lake 1
News Cary man facing charges for selling cocaine to ... Sep 20 Ex Lakemoor res 1
Vote for the most useless Wauconda police officers (Dec '16) Sep 20 Never trust the p... 2
Please Help Me Sep 20 John Burkel 7
News Richmond-Burton AD Patrick Elder hit with felon... Sep 18 Camigirl 1

McHenry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McHenry Mortgages