Former Woodstock Rotary Pres chrg'd w...

Former Woodstock Rotary Pres chrg'd with six counts of criminal sexual assault

Posted in the McHenry Forum

J Slidoman

North Hollywood, CA

#1 Mar 20, 2012
WOODSTOCK – A trial started Monday for a Woodstock man accused of raping a teenage family member after she went to live with him after her father died.
Ricardo Rodriquez, 59, is charged with six counts each of criminal sexual assault of a family member and aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The bench trial, in which the verdict is determined by a judge rather than jury at the defendant’s request, is before Judge Joseph Condon.
The alleged victim, now 20, testified Monday that Rodriquez had sex with her nearly every night starting when she was 12 years old until she ran away when she was 17. The rapes usually would happen in the five to 10 minutes when her aunt would go smoke a cigarette before bed, she said.
On her 18th birthday, she went to police.
“After I ran away, I was still 17, and I thought they would make me go back,” she said.
In a phone call to Rodriquez that was recorded by police, he said that she was the one who didn’t want him to stop and that she awoke him in the middle of the night.
“It’s your fault,” Rodriquez said in the call, before telling her to keep her mouth shut and stop spreading rumors.
During opening statements, defense attorney Tom Loizzo said that the alleged victim’s sister made the same allegations – saying Rodriquez came into her room at the exact same time – and that no charges were filed in that case and a state Department of Children and Family Services investigation was unfounded.
A video of the alleged victim in the rape case, made in an interview at the Child Advocacy Center, showed her saying that it actually was her biological father, not Rodriquez, who touched her.
But when asked on the stand, she said that was a lie that Rodriquez had her tell. She also said she believed she was protecting her sister, who at one point tried to commit suicide, because Rodriquez threatened to kill them.
If convicted on the sexual assault charges, Rodriquez faces a minimum of 24 years in prison.
Bob wired

Algonquin, IL

#2 Mar 23, 2012
Wheres the part about this guy being a former Rotary Club President for Woodstock? Yours is the first claim here--why wasnt it in the NW Herald? Tell us more please.
J Slidoman wrote:
WOODSTOCK – A trial started Monday for a Woodstock man accused of raping a teenage family member after she went to live with him after her father died.
Ricardo Rodriquez, 59, is charged with six counts each of criminal sexual assault of a family member and aggravated criminal sexual abuse. The bench trial, in which the verdict is determined by a judge rather than jury at the defendant’s request, is before Judge Joseph Condon.
The alleged victim, now 20, testified Monday that Rodriquez had sex with her nearly every night starting when she was 12 years old until she ran away when she was 17. The rapes usually would happen in the five to 10 minutes when her aunt would go smoke a cigarette before bed, she said.
On her 18th birthday, she went to police.
“After I ran away, I was still 17, and I thought they would make me go back,” she said.
In a phone call to Rodriquez that was recorded by police, he said that she was the one who didn’t want him to stop and that she awoke him in the middle of the night.
“It’s your fault,” Rodriquez said in the call, before telling her to keep her mouth shut and stop spreading rumors.
During opening statements, defense attorney Tom Loizzo said that the alleged victim’s sister made the same allegations – saying Rodriquez came into her room at the exact same time – and that no charges were filed in that case and a state Department of Children and Family Services investigation was unfounded.
A video of the alleged victim in the rape case, made in an interview at the Child Advocacy Center, showed her saying that it actually was her biological father, not Rodriquez, who touched her.
But when asked on the stand, she said that was a lie that Rodriquez had her tell. She also said she believed she was protecting her sister, who at one point tried to commit suicide, because Rodriquez threatened to kill them.
If convicted on the sexual assault charges, Rodriquez faces a minimum of 24 years in prison.
Michelle Gonzales rangel

Kingsland, GA

#3 Aug 7, 2012
At a very tender age of 4 my Uncle Tommy Rodriquez raped my brother Sammy Rangel (pick up his book, LIFE AFTER HATE) and myself. My grandmother, Isabel B. Rodriquez knew what was going on. But she was in an other world. Tommy Rodriquez did rape his own children and my Aunt Carolyn R. Sequin molested my brother and myself too. Life has been hard, but I stay strong with the Lord. I ask Him to please put me in the middle of His perfect will. Please I beg of those in positions to help when your gut says one thing but it's messing with mine go with your HEART. Michelle
Michelle Gonzales R

Kingsland, GA

#4 Aug 17, 2012
I'm so sorry that I forgot to mention that Ricardo, Thomas, and Carolyn are my uncles and aunt. I read that the judge believed my cousin from the beginning. I cried in relief because no matter how hard he tried to paint himself to be some hero the truth shined brightly. If any of my cousins would like to meet me my email is [email protected] I am ashamed of the family that I came from but I am not like them and I don't believe in "well it was done to me so I did it too" That don't fly with me and I'll tell you why, Our Lord gave us all something called 'WILL'. We all can choose to be above this illness and leave the innocent alone. Michelle

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McHenry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Police, SWAT on scene in Wauconda after reports... 1 hr dead grandma 1
News Is a new red light camera coming to Wauconda? 21 hr dead grandma 1
News Sun City sees spike in use of golf carts on str... (Aug '08) Jun 28 DEL WEBBER 10
community Jun 25 why 2
Poll Red light cameras at Rt. 12 & Rt. 134- Safety o... (Jan '11) Jun 19 JustPassingThrough 22
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Jun 2 raisal 159
News Lakemoor officials ask residents to lobby Wauco... Jun 2 Haha wauconda 7

McHenry Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McHenry Mortgages