Do Not Visit Lakemoor Businesses Until The Red Light Camera Is Removed

Posted in the McHenry Forum

Comments (Page 2)

Showing posts 21 - 40 of47
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#21
Apr 29, 2013
 
I disagree. Whether it's about the money for the legislators, I very much appreciate the red light camera's at Hunt Club & 132. Many people would blow that light before, now, much less so. If it took the fear of a hit to their pocketbook to make them be more careful then so be it.

However, I do think that they should do away with the tickets for the right turn on red.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#22
Apr 29, 2013
 
i kinda like you other answers
like in post # 6
QUOTE
So, let's penalize innocent business owners? For something that they themselves may (or may not) be opposed to?
UNQUOTE

or as in post # 10
QUOTE
If they don't go bankrupt first. Most business these days operate on a shoestring budget.
UNQUOTE

you seemed to care more about everyone back then.
Now you're joining the politicians who try and fool people into thinking its all about safety.
When in reality its all about money for the politicians.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#23
Apr 29, 2013
 
Mystery Man wrote:
i kinda like you other answers
like in post # 6
QUOTE
So, let's penalize innocent business owners? For something that they themselves may (or may not) be opposed to?
UNQUOTE
or as in post # 10
QUOTE
If they don't go bankrupt first. Most business these days operate on a shoestring budget.
UNQUOTE
you seemed to care more about everyone back then.
Now you're joining the politicians who try and fool people into thinking its all about safety.
When in reality its all about money for the politicians.
...sigh. Let me correct your misunderstanding of my statements. Because one has nothing to do with the other.

I still think it's stupid to call for a boycot which will do nothing but penalize local business owners over the actions of the municipality, which they may have some influence over due to their tax-generator and payer status, but that level of influence is generally small. I said nothing about whether I was pro or con on red light cameras.

As to the cameras themselves, do I like Big Brother watching what I do? No. But, do I like being able to drive down Grand Ave with less worry about being t-boned by some idiot trying to beat the red light? Hell yes. I've been driving that road for years. People blew the red all the time. Now they stop. And if red light cameras are what it took to make that happen, then I'm for them.

Does every intersection need one? No. Is it beneficial at some? YES.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#24
Apr 29, 2013
 
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
...sigh. Let me correct your misunderstanding of my statements. Because one has nothing to do with the other.
I still think it's stupid to call for a boycot which will do nothing but penalize local business owners over the actions of the municipality, which they may have some influence over due to their tax-generator and payer status, but that level of influence is generally small. I said nothing about whether I was pro or con on red light cameras.
As to the cameras themselves, do I like Big Brother watching what I do? No. But, do I like being able to drive down Grand Ave with less worry about being t-boned by some idiot trying to beat the red light? Hell yes. I've been driving that road for years. People blew the red all the time. Now they stop. And if red light cameras are what it took to make that happen, then I'm for them.
Does every intersection need one? No. Is it beneficial at some? YES.
Yeah i kinda remember you backing off when a lot of fools jumped on me over boycotting those business.
Thanks for the lack of support.

The read lights don't slow anyone down.
It just makes them slam on the brakes even harder and risk rear end collisions.
I've never been T-Bone but i've had more then one rear end hit.
And not because i was slamming on my brakes. I can imagine if i had it would have been much worse.
Longer yellow lights would serve better.
More cops driving the roads instead of sitting in speed traps would help more too.
Don't need more cops just need them driving around more.
Red

Crystal Lake, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#25
Apr 30, 2013
 
I got hit by that one too. The bad thing aboiut it is...it is a private entity...NOT a law enforcement entity that runs that scam. So I have an issue with it, much like private companies and toll roads.
Secondly, you CAN appeal it, but if it falls through for ANY reason it can cost you over 1,000 dollars to fight it. There have been people who have fought those and ended up with fines in the thousands.
Try the one at Rte 12 and 22 in lake zurich. The turn lane literally lasts 2 seconds. Every morning I turn there I have to goose it for fear of getting whacked. Its a trap designed to make money, because no 2 cars can get through without someone getting caught.
Now on the 120 one, I paid because Iw as stuck behind 2 semi trucks and literally didn't see the light change until I was in the middle of the intersection. Next time I made sure I could see it. But if a cop had been sitting there I would have still gotten caught, though they POSSIBLY may have let me go, but with the camera, no way out at all.
I download the Cobra app on my phone that alarms whenever I am coming up on a speed trap or camera light. Its free and you can update it on the fly to add more locations if you want. Or get a radar detector with that feature in it, or a NAV unit that has that feature. Cheaper than a ticket.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#26
Apr 30, 2013
 
http://cobrairadar.com/
thanks for the heads up about cobra.
Its a solid product.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#27
Apr 30, 2013
 
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah i kinda remember you backing off when a lot of fools jumped on me over boycotting those business.
Thanks for the lack of support.
The read lights don't slow anyone down.
It just makes them slam on the brakes even harder and risk rear end collisions.
I've never been T-Bone but i've had more then one rear end hit.
And not because i was slamming on my brakes. I can imagine if i had it would have been much worse.
Longer yellow lights would serve better.
More cops driving the roads instead of sitting in speed traps would help more too.
Don't need more cops just need them driving around more.
If I disagree with you, why on earth would I offer support?

I maintain, in some instances they are useful. Not all. But some. I think I've said that enough times now, and since I have nothing new to add, I'm done.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#28
Apr 30, 2013
 
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
If I disagree with you, why on earth would I offer support?
I maintain, in some instances they are useful. Not all. But some. I think I've said that enough times now, and since I have nothing new to add, I'm done.
LOL yeah but you did agree with me about the boycott along rt12 in posts 6 and 10.
It was only when i was getting slammed for opposing a boycott in another thread about this same area that you back off.
You never had the guts to stand by your convictions.
You blow with the wind. You always have.
That is why i laugh anytime you support an idea i believe in.
I know you'll drop it like a rock the minute i take heat for my convictions.

For the record the boycott idea is always the same with me.
It only hurts the small guys who depend on that place for a job.
Go ask a worker at any place that is being boycotted how safe they feel about their job thanks to the boycott.
You'll hurt the workers long before you hurt the business.
So take your sometime boycott is useful and shove it.
Antiocher

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#29
Apr 30, 2013
 
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL yeah but you did agree with me about the boycott along rt12 in posts 6 and 10.
It was only when i was getting slammed for opposing a boycott in another thread about this same area that you back off.
You never had the guts to stand by your convictions.
You blow with the wind. You always have.
That is why i laugh anytime you support an idea i believe in.
I know you'll drop it like a rock the minute i take heat for my convictions.
For the record the boycott idea is always the same with me.
It only hurts the small guys who depend on that place for a job.
Go ask a worker at any place that is being boycotted how safe they feel about their job thanks to the boycott.
You'll hurt the workers long before you hurt the business.
So take your sometime boycott is useful and shove it.
You were not being slammed for opposing the boycott. You were being slammed for not being able to comprehend whatsoever the ideas that were being presented. I will not attempt to discuss again here for fear of having to bang my head against a wall afterwards.

That is your problem. Your complete inability to understand and comprehend others ideas and opinions. You have proven that once again here.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#30
Apr 30, 2013
 
Antiocher wrote:
<quoted text>
You were not being slammed for opposing the boycott. You were being slammed for not being able to comprehend whatsoever the ideas that were being presented. I will not attempt to discuss again here for fear of having to bang my head against a wall afterwards.
That is your problem. Your complete inability to understand and comprehend others ideas and opinions. You have proven that once again here.
Yeah as usual you want to make it about me because you can't defend your position.
Well while you're at it read post # 6 and # 10
they back up EXACTLY everything i've been saying.
of course she doesn't have the guts to defend her position either.
So its back to just clowns like you taking cheap shots at me instead of discussing the truth.
Back to putting you on ignore with the rest of the bashers.
Antiocher

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#31
May 1, 2013
 
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah as usual you want to make it about me because you can't defend your position.
Well while you're at it read post # 6 and # 10
they back up EXACTLY everything i've been saying.
of course she doesn't have the guts to defend her position either.
So its back to just clowns like you taking cheap shots at me instead of discussing the truth.
Back to putting you on ignore with the rest of the bashers.
And what position would you like me to defend? The position that the red light cameras are a money maker put up to be a revenue generator for towns? The position that a discussion should be had with business owners in the area? The position that you are the one that continues to name call anyone that disagrees or has a differing opinion of your own? The position that you may quite possibly be WRONG? Let me know and I will get right back to you.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#32
May 1, 2013
 
Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
Yeah as usual you want to make it about me because you can't defend your position.
Well while you're at it read post # 6 and # 10
they back up EXACTLY everything i've been saying.
of course she doesn't have the guts to defend her position either.
So its back to just clowns like you taking cheap shots at me instead of discussing the truth.
Back to putting you on ignore with the rest of the bashers.
You know, dude, you wonder why people bash you. It's because you stand by your (inaccurate) interpretations of others statements whether you are right or wrong.

For the record, I feel that RED LIGHT CAMERA's are sometimes beneficial. Sometimes not. I wholeheartedely oppose boycotting local businesses because of a municipalities actions. But you go ahead and pick out and isolate the words and phrases that support your martyred, poor poor me attitude.

Secondly, I don't know what other thread you are talking about. I have a life. A busy life. And a job. I read and respond when I have an opinion, an interest, and possibly insight to offer. I don't feel the need to comment on every fricking thing. And, in most cases, I deliberately avoid responding to you, because it becomes nothing but an annoyance and a waste of time. Much like the current circumstances. You go ahead and twist my words and believe what you want, I know what and who I am, I stand behind every statement I make, I don't hestitate to register myself, and I don't spend my days misinterpreting and twisting others words. And other than you, I don't see anyone bashing me.

One last thing - bite me, asshole. And yeah - I'd say that to your face. You don't know anything about me, don't presume you do.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#33
May 1, 2013
 
News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
One last thing - bite me, asshole. And yeah - I'd say that to your face. You don't know anything about me, don't presume you do.
its comments like the one above is the reason why i tell people to stop talking about me and stick to the topic.
This is a forum open to families.
Please try and remember that.

and for the record i quoted you correctly.
That never happens towards me.
Also i never impersonate anyone or use multiple names in here.
Like they have towards me.
But if you want hang with them you go ahead. You already talk trash like them.
Yeah one thing i do know about you.
Is that you talk dirty in a family forum.
I hope you don't have little kids who read what you write.
Antiocher

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#34
May 1, 2013
 

Judged:

3

1

Banging my head against the wall.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#35
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

2

2

Antiocher wrote:
Banging my head against the wall.
Exactly. Like arguing with a 2 year old. Anything to deflect. If he agreed with me, I'd be re-examining my position.

And to the crowds of little children who spend their days reading posts on Topix, I sincerely apologize. I know there are so many of you here, as it's the hot new website to visit, right after Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.

^^ that's sarcasm, right there.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#36
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Exactly. Like arguing with a 2 year old. Anything to deflect. If he agreed with me, I'd be re-examining my position.
And to the crowds of little children who spend their days reading posts on Topix, I sincerely apologize. I know there are so many of you here, as it's the hot new website to visit, right after Tumblr, Instagram, Twitter and Facebook.
^^ that's sarcasm, right there.
Ah, he's resorted to the ultimate deflection technique. Report the conversation to Topix and have it removed. Because "whine, whine, someone called me a name."

Pathetic.

Since: May 13

Lake Villa, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#37
May 2, 2013
 
stupid indeed
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#38
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
Ah, he's resorted to the ultimate deflection technique. Report the conversation to Topix and have it removed. Because "whine, whine, someone called me a name."
Pathetic.
LOL you're really losing it.
You answer your own post # 35 with post # 36
then you accuse me of reporting you and having something removed from topix.
First off i don't bother doing that. I ignore it or just move on.
Second count the posts none are missing. When topix actually does remove one the number disappears with it.
I'm immune to name calling. But i am aware of the side effect of it.
Threads becomes of topic because of it.
That is why i prefer you stop acting silly and get back on topic.

Since: Oct 11

Antioch, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#39
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

Mystery Man wrote:
<quoted text>
LOL you're really losing it.
You answer your own post # 35 with post # 36
then you accuse me of reporting you and having something removed from topix.
First off i don't bother doing that. I ignore it or just move on.
Second count the posts none are missing. When topix actually does remove one the number disappears with it.
I'm immune to name calling. But i am aware of the side effect of it.
Threads becomes of topic because of it.
That is why i prefer you stop acting silly and get back on topic.
One of the advantages to being a registered poster is the ability to recall any topic that is removed. When a particular post is reported to Topix, they do not remove the individual item, they remove the entire conversation thread from the forum. It's not done by a human. However, if you are complaining about a registered poster, that poster gets notified that someone reported your comment.

Perhaps I should report you for lieing. After all, I know my own thoughts. Red light cameras - good in some circumstance, bad in others. Boycotting local businesses over actions of a municipality - bad on all counts. That's my opinion. It's the third time I've said it. Please try to wrap your head around the fact that failed to grasp the meaning behind my statements and then insulted me because of your own ignorance.

In the meantime, it may be more fun to just keep resurrecting this from my history (since I can because I'm registered) and annoying you.

Waiting for the standard pompous, martyred attempt to distract from the truth, which is your MO. And by the way, your last post was off topic.
Mystery Man

Gurnee, IL

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
#40
May 2, 2013
 

Judged:

1

1

1

News Reader 2011 wrote:
<quoted text>
One of the advantages to being a registered poster is the ability to recall any topic that is removed. When a particular post is reported to Topix, they do not remove the individual item, they remove the entire conversation thread from the forum. It's not done by a human. However, if you are complaining about a registered poster, that poster gets notified that someone reported your comment.
Perhaps I should report you for lieing. After all, I know my own thoughts. Red light cameras - good in some circumstance, bad in others. Boycotting local businesses over actions of a municipality - bad on all counts. That's my opinion. It's the third time I've said it. Please try to wrap your head around the fact that failed to grasp the meaning behind my statements and then insulted me because of your own ignorance.
In the meantime, it may be more fun to just keep resurrecting this from my history (since I can because I'm registered) and annoying you.
Waiting for the standard pompous, martyred attempt to distract from the truth, which is your MO. And by the way, your last post was off topic.
you can report me all you want.
LOL i'm sure that happens on a daily basis from others.
But the TRUTH is i don't bother doing it.
Seriously if i was to report every single person i disagree with i wouldn't have enough hours in a day.
Besides for every 100 idiots out there i see at least 1 worthy to respond to.
Until recently i thought you were one of the few that fell in that category.
So why in the hell would i report anyone who i at least felt worthy of a response.
But if you were reported it probably was one of the many who use my screen name. They love playing games that i would never play.
Maybe you should be careful who you pick as friends.
again it was not me nor would i ever report you.
its just not my style.
posting is my style you of all people should know that.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Showing posts 21 - 40 of47
|
Go to last page| Jump to page:
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

•••
•••
•••
•••

McHenry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

McHenry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

McHenry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McHenry
•••

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]
•••