Comments
1 - 14 of 14 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 20
jbob in kansas

Lawrence, KS

#1 Feb 2, 2010
Notthat I come to your town often, but I won' ever be coming back after getting a ticket in the mail from your red lite cameras. There is no way to contest this ticket unless the cars not mine, it was stolen ,i was an emergency vehicle, or I got a ticket for the same offence from a human officer. This means the camera can't be wrong. What if you stop, start to go, then change your mind. I found no way to access evidence on line, much as I tried. I suspect your village was sold this money generating idea from a private company that runs and administers the whole program, and just mails you the checks. Is the collection agency owned by this company too?
Fox River Grove Resident

Rolling Meadows, IL

#2 Jul 17, 2010
It shows a video if you go to the site. BUT, It CANNOT prove that the owner of the vehicle was driving the car on the video. I believe they declared these types of ticketing systems unconstitutional in state of MN recently.

Fox River Grove needs to think about this and get rid of this camera ticketing system.
Fox River Grove Resident

Rolling Meadows, IL

#3 Jul 17, 2010
And here is an update on this I found.

Apparently one politician in Barrington, IL here is upset about this also. Some figures on revenue generation, reasons the cameras were taken down elsewhere in nearby neighborhoods, etc:

http://www.triblocal.com/Lake_in_the_Hills/de...
Frg resident

United States

#4 Aug 4, 2010
I Have live in fox river grove for 25 years. This is just a revenue builder. I my self would like to stand aginst this. The only way I can think of is to boycot all shopping in fox river grove untill the traffic light comes down. If it is revenue they want they will loss it from the shopping and the stores have more pull with the village then the tax paying residents. Frg claimed it was for safty that is crap if it was For safty their would be a camera taking pictuers of all the lanes not just the right turn from 22 to 14. In rosell there was a red light camera that was taken down becuse the local buisness complaine they were loosing buisness. Sorry for spelling and grammer sent from mobile phone
Deer Park

Buffalo Grove, IL

#5 Oct 2, 2010
Everyone I know is getting a ticket in Deer Park! I for one will not be shopping there anymore. Sick and tired of these money making cameras!
jbob in kansas

Naperville, IL

#6 Oct 4, 2010
http://www.redlightcameraspray.com/
i've found this its expensive but it works.
mom

Lake Zurich, IL

#7 Feb 15, 2012
jbob in kansas wrote:
Notthat I come to your town often, but I won' ever be coming back after getting a ticket in the mail from your red lite cameras. There is no way to contest this ticket unless the cars not mine, it was stolen ,i was an emergency vehicle, or I got a ticket for the same offence from a human officer. This means the camera can't be wrong. What if you stop, start to go, then change your mind. I found no way to access evidence on line, much as I tried. I suspect your village was sold this money generating idea from a private company that runs and administers the whole program, and just mails you the checks. Is the collection agency owned by this company too?
I THANK GOD that I am NOT an Illinois resident. I was driving thru your lovely town,Fox River Grove, and peaked my car out to make the right turn at 14 & 22 and bam - I get a red light ticket. Came back to protest and noticed that if you are a resident of Fox Grove the JUDGE magically sees the wheels of your car stop...and your ticket is dismissed. Others especially, MOMS WITH NICE CARS cars have to PAY his salary. It would be interesting to see how many dismissed tickets are residents of Fox River Grove. Chicago residents wake up and do something about the crooks that run your towns, cities and state! How many more city officials do you need to see be paraded to jail before you understand the people you have elected are NOT working for you! Between the high state taxes,corrupt officials, red lights it is no wonder PEOPLE AND CORPORTIONS ARE FLEEING the state of ILLINOIS in record numbers. Residents of Illinois TAKE BACK YOUR STATE before it is too late.
Just Stop

Mchenry, IL

#8 Feb 17, 2012
I have been driving through Gurnee on an almost daily basis and they have TONS of these cameras. I have never gotten a ticket. I drive through Deer Park quite a bit and have never gotten a ticket. The key is to STOP! If you obey the law you have nothing to worry about! If you contest the ticket you can request to view the camera footage and see your vehicle failing to stop. People complain about the cameras and they will complain when the cameras are removed and their family is struck by someone who who is driving like a maniac through a red light because they know the cameras are gone! I don't care what anyone says I have seen a big difference in the way drivers are behaving at red lights, they actually respect the light now!
"We hate these cameras they catch us when we break the law and endanger innocent people!"
Just Stop

Mchenry, IL

#9 Feb 17, 2012
One other thing, No one here seems ro realize that it is time offenders started paying the bills! If these lights generate money isn't that better than having it come from your taxes? Criminal offenders drain your wallets every day! It cost money to arrest, prosecute, jail, and feed criminals! That is your tax money paying their bills and they get a free ride! It costs millions of your tax dollars to deal with these people who have already committed crimes against you! You get victimized twice, once when they commit a crime against you, and again when YOUR tax dollars are spent to prosecute them. Traffic offenses cost you millions of dollars to prosecute too! If Lake In The Hills used to make $580,000 a year off red light cameras and they got rid of the cameras where does that money come from now? Tax payer pockets! So let the offenders pay the bills and tell these politicians who are promising to get rid of the cameras that you WANT offenders to pay the bills! Where do you think these politicians will make up the lost revenue? YOUR WALLET! THEY ARE JUST SAYING WHAT THEY THINK YOU WANT TO HEAR WHILE THEY REACH INTO YOUR WALLETS! ANYTHING TO GET RE-ELECTED.
eejmorris

Crystal Lake, IL

#10 Feb 13, 2013
THIS LIGHT IS DEFINITELY RIGGED. Obviously an attempt at revenue building.I USE TO SHOP AND DINE IN FOX RIVER GROVE BUT WILL NEVER SPEND MONEY THERE AGAIN.
NoMoreShoppingIn FRG

Genoa City, WI

#11 May 26, 2013
I have four kids and I've spent a lot of money in towns like Fox River Grove and Barrington in the past. My daughter was driving my car and did a micro-stop at a red light at route 14 and 22, right turn only, after midnight, no other cars anywhere in sight. Technically, not within the letter of the law, probably true.100.00 The ticket came to me today; no way to contest it or have it go to the person driving the car with this system. I usually come help sandbag along the Fox, and I shop in the mall at the corner of 14 and 22 and eat at the local restaurants along 14. I will never do either one again unless/until that camera goes. If a cop stops you, at least the right person is ticketed. Sorry Fox River Grove residents, and Barrington too for that matter. I'm heading the other direction with my money; and the kids are under orders to do the same. I will PASS THE WORD. You want my 100.00? You got it, but that's all you'll get. Believe me, that's a loss for your towns bottom line.
StopShopping at Deer Park

Palatine, IL

#12 Jan 21, 2014
First time ever receiving a red light ticket and of all places in Deer Park.
Starting a shout out to protest shopping at Deer Park just as the residents did in Schaumburg causing the village to remove the camera.

Yeah yeah about taxes etc, Lake County is 17th highest tax county in the US and there are no boundaries. Be careful which ego you elect.

As for me and my family, shopping at Deer Park is done until the remove the cameras!!!
Cary Resident

Dundee, IL

#13 Sunday Aug 17
I too was ticketing by the right turn on red light video camera at 22 and 14, and like others have mentioned, will avoid FRG as much as possible. I certainly won't be spending the $300+ a month at the Shell on the corner, hope it was worth the $100...what a scam.
Shanaynay

Glenview Nas, IL

#14 Wednesday Aug 20
Social media has at least 700 people no longer shopping in FRG because of that camera. That is a LOT of lost revenue to that ridiculous town with the nasty people and horrible taxes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McHenry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 2 hr JonahI 49,515
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) 8 hr only one voter 1,909
Animal Rescue Group: Man Charged with Arizona M... (Oct '12) Aug 28 The-one-who-was-t... 4
Power plant opposition surfaces in Crystal Lake Aug 25 Shining Star of Cary 2
Victim's family endorses plea deal for Antioch ... (Aug '11) Aug 25 2sides 168
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) Aug 24 Mr Ridgway 3,922
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Aug 21 SaintJimmy 116
•••
•••
McHenry Dating

more search filters

less search filters

•••

McHenry Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••
•••

McHenry People Search