County to crack down on eyesores

Jun 5, 2008 Full story: Fox Valley Shopping News 29

By FRANK ABDERHOLDEN fabderholden@scn1.com Over in the Indian Mounds subdivision near Ingleside, homeowner Richard Hironimus looks at the unoccupied home next door at 34782 N. Forest Ave.

Full Story
First Prev
of 2
Next Last
railshake

Saint Louis, MO

#1 Dec 27, 2008
the whole town of trenton is a eyesore and all the people who live, work or go to the bars are eyesores, come to highland and have a good time but don't move to highland we don't want trashy people livin here, just spending there money here. you trenton people are all inbred retards from the twilight zone
Mushroom Dung

Middleton, WI

#2 Dec 27, 2008
Trenton?

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#3 Dec 27, 2008
Trenton is a small town near St.Louis
Weird that it would be on a thread that is about LAKE county.
Unless there's more then one Trenton.
Daba

Belleville, IL

#4 Dec 27, 2008
Also do not come to highland unless you are white. We don't welcome no negros in our community. Elitist aholes.
RLB

Albemarle, NC

#5 Dec 27, 2008
Daba wrote:
Also do not come to highland unless you are white. We don't welcome no negros in our community. Elitist aholes.
You need to learn to speak proper English! You will have a black president in less than one month. Whatcha gonna do then brother! Maybe all you aholes will leave this great country!
Daba

Belleville, IL

#6 Dec 28, 2008
RLB wrote:
<quoted text>You need to learn to speak proper English! You will have a black president in less than one month. Whatcha gonna do then brother! Maybe all you aholes will leave this great country!
Obviously my sarcasm went completely over your head. Read it again. Maybe you'll comprehend it then.

Location hidden

#7 Dec 28, 2008
Your comments and RLB comments went over my head.

Since: Oct 08

Lake Villa, IL

#8 Dec 28, 2008
I agree, once again, with OVI. I'm pretty sure neither of us understand the sarcasm that was intended, despite the intelligence that we obviously possess.

Location hidden

#9 Dec 28, 2008
am i your evil twin or are you mine ?

Lake Villa, IL

#10 Dec 28, 2008
Original Village Idiot wrote:
am i your evil twin or are you mine ?
I once had an evil twin.......he wasn't worthy, so he is now chopped up in my freezer in the basement. Wax paper does wonders.

Location hidden

#11 Dec 29, 2008
bubble wrap is the way to go. Its so much more fun to hear the popping sound.
Blake Ivers

Albemarle, NC

#12 Dec 29, 2008
Fox Lake sucks! McHenry rules!

Location hidden

#13 Dec 29, 2008
i'll give ya the Warsaw Inn is good. I love all you can eat. Plus i like their coffee.
And i'll give you their hospital. They did take good care of me.
But Fx Lk does have a great H.S. football team yr after yr.
Probably more bars then any town in lake county.
And a yearly motorcycle rally.
My guess is both towns are about equal.
But shucks at least both are better then round lake.

Round Lake, IL

#14 Dec 29, 2008
Highwood has the most bars, BTW. Has for the past 50 years (per capita)(I like that word....CAPITA!!!). McHenry.....Fox Lake.....Round Lake.... is ANY town REALLY better than another? We're ALL Americans!!!!!! Seriously, OVI, how can you weigh in on SUCH a stupid topic??????? I'm a little disappointed!

Location hidden

#15 Dec 29, 2008
must be all that eggnog i drank.
dabas pity party

Collinsville, IL

#16 Dec 31, 2008
Daba wrote:
doesn't sound like you'd fit in no matter where you went!

Location hidden

#17 Dec 31, 2008
Makes me glad i'm an idiot. We idiots fit in every community. Well back to New Years as if i need a reason to party.
Lurker

AOL

#18 Jan 2, 2009
Stony, you might be a bit behind the times. Highwood has more restaurants with liquor licenses, but not as many bars as in the past.

Round Lake, IL

#19 Jan 2, 2009
I stand corrected....maybe things have changed......ALTHOUGH, it was ONCE in the Guiness Book of Wold Records:

Throughout much of its history, it grew up around the Fort. Because of this, many of the town's businesses were taverns and bars to serve the Fort and the North Shore. It set the Guinness World Record for most bars per square mile and was called "the toughest town in America" by President Theodore Roosevelt.
Wikipedia

Location hidden

#20 Jan 2, 2009
i would have guessed Deadwood S.D. as the toughest town in America. ( NOT because of the stupid T.V. series ) It has a long western history going back to Wild Bill Hickok ( the correct spelling of his last name )and Calamity Jane among other notable colorful characters. Highwood seems a pale comparison to the real Deadwood.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McHenry Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
IL Who do you support for Governor in Illinois in ... (Oct '10) 22 min Always Smile 4,050
IL Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil U... (Dec '10) 1 hr Cali Girl 2014 50,047
What's next for Shane Lamb after he admits lyin... 3 hr News Reader 2011 2
Have you gotten a red light camera ticket in La... (Feb '13) Mon po po 121
IL Illinois Governor Recall Amendment (Oct '10) Sep 27 Blwlgo 1,934
IL Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in I... (Oct '10) Sep 20 fosterbrooks 156
red light cameras (Feb '10) Sep 3 dpcjsr 15

McHenry Jobs

McHenry People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McHenry News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McHenry

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]