Commissioner says Lehigh fire distric...

Commissioner says Lehigh fire district needs to look harder for layoff alternatives

There are 13 comments on the News Press story from Jun 17, 2009, titled Commissioner says Lehigh fire district needs to look harder for layoff alternatives. In it, News Press reports that:

Fire commissioners in Lehigh Acres need to show more imagination in the way they deal with the fire district's budget problems, Lee County Commissioner Frank Mann said today.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at News Press.

LA Citizen

Cape Coral, FL

#1 Jun 17, 2009
“I am struck by the absence of more alternatives being suggested by the union and the fire commissioners,” Mann said.“The fire commission should be doing more than it has to this point rather than laying people off. They need to be more imaginative in their thinking.”

Which means NO money for the county!
LA Citizen

Cape Coral, FL

#2 Jun 17, 2009
Which means NO money from the county! MANN MANN MANN No Money NO Honey
The Warden

Cape Coral, FL

#3 Jun 17, 2009
Blow it out your ass Anderson.
The Warden

Cape Coral, FL

#4 Jun 17, 2009
You could care less about the Fire Department or anyone who works for it. The only thing you care about is getting press coverage and hopefully get elected some day. You are a loser. You sure have been quiet since we all found out the your watchdog group is no more. I hope you aren't advertising your crap on your website because you are illegal. I will sick the proper authorities on you.
Amused Observer

Woburn, MA

#5 Jun 17, 2009
Is Robert hiding behind yet another screen name? If it's hiding Anderson, it must be a very large name indeed.

Since: Oct 08

Cape Coral, FL

#6 Jun 17, 2009
Anderson is happy that LAFD will not be getting any money from BoCC of which LA is Manns' district, but if it ALVA where Mann lives, then the BoCC would have all the funds to bail the out.

So yes Anderson is Happy the BoCC will not help out the LAFD
Bubula Bubula Bubula

Naples, FL

#7 Jun 17, 2009
no glove, no love, franklin b. mann warned the staff today that yall will be at the meeting next tuesday wearing your red t-shirts trying to intimidate the board for a loan, grant or a bond to help keep the firefighters. he said that yall will be wanting to know why the county can loan itself money for the red sox and not to save jobs.
Poor Fire Dept

Cape Coral, FL

#8 Jun 17, 2009
You all were told over a week ago that the BOCC can not gave any money the the LAFD. SO is that Anderson's issue NO!

The BOCC can not Loan, Grant or Bond money for the Local Fire Dist.

Nice try in blaming Anderson, but just maybe it's time to replace the whole fire board!
The Warden

Cape Coral, FL

#9 Jun 17, 2009
Wow Another Anderson name. Give it up Fat Ass. You will never ever ever get elected fire commissioner. No one wants a Convicted Felon in office. And a FAt Loser felon at that.
Mr Boombostic

Naples, FL

#10 Jun 17, 2009
anderson are you currently under investigation by the florida elections commission?
LA Citizen

North Fort Myers, FL

#11 Jun 18, 2009
OH guys you figured me out. I wanted to sound like my dear freind Damon so I use his username but I guess I cannot fool all of you.

Yes I am under investigation so what about it? I just want to be a fire commissioner. I would dream of it at night when I laid in prison awaiting my release.

I wish you guys like me. I do try. Vote for me next time?

“Frak you all.”

Since: Dec 08

Location hidden

#12 Jun 19, 2009
Get the hip boots out, the shyt is getting deep. If the fire union are unwilling to take a cut in pay(note that they need five good years of pay for a great retirement) does that mean they are only in it for the money? I know the union is falling apart becuase only a few will get the bonus. Bonus that come at the cost of younger firefighters job.
Bubula Bubula Bubula

Naples, FL

#13 Jun 19, 2009
AnthonieBarrett wrote:
Get the hip boots out, the shyt is getting deep. If the fire union are unwilling to take a cut in pay(note that they need five good years of pay for a great retirement) does that mean they are only in it for the money? I know the union is falling apart becuase only a few will get the bonus. Bonus that come at the cost of younger firefighters job.
5 good years of pay for a great retirement? is that if you only expect to live 1 year after you retire? smart people save for retirement starting with their first check from their first job because they dont want to outlive their savings which may happen anyway with obama inflation.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McGregor Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
People, STAY AWAY from the city-data.com forum! 20 hr City-daterer 2
Some important info about the New Year's Trocki... Thu Party man 1
Slow dancing returns to Southwest Florida and t... Thu Party man 1
Anyone own a home built by Latitude26? (Aug '12) Dec 5 David 4
Reports of overcharging dancers working at Babe's. Dec 5 Strip club man 1
Trump is Totally Unqualified Dec 5 Prophecy 5
In America, it's the WOMAN'S job to ask the MAN... Dec 5 Dating warning 7

McGregor Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance