Did you vote today?

Created by Rick on Jun 8, 2010

5,947 votes

Click on an option to vote

Yes

No

Other (explain below)

Workonomics

Mountain Home, AR

#25424 Jun 18, 2013
Workonomics, made possible by the AFL-CIO. Read more.

That Cheap Stuff You Just Bought At Walmart? Turns Out It Cost $6,000 More Than You Thought.

According to a Congressional study,$6,000 is the average amount taxpayers are being dinged per employee. Walmart's wages and benefits are so low, it forces workers to go on Medicaid and receive housing assistance, childcare subsidies, food stamps, and more. Yes, it's totally insane, but it's true.

Workonomics

Mountain Home, AR

#25425 Jun 18, 2013
CEO of Wal-Mart Michael T. Duke’s 2012 pay,

..........20.7 million..........
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#25426 Jun 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Let me blunt then, I was mocking you, and continue to laugh at you, not with you.
You go ahead and blunt then! LMAO! AGAIN! LOL!
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#25427 Jun 18, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
BARNEY, a legend in his own mind.
So true!
WARRIOR

Washington, DC

#25428 Jun 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Sir, it is my opinion that, there is no limit to the ignorance you espouse, nor does there seem to be a limit to how naïve you can get.
To blame your ignorance on any party would certainly be an injustice to that party.
Now let's have another victory post please.
Ignorance can be cured your stupidity can't!
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25429 Jun 18, 2013
Workonomics wrote:
Workonomics, made possible by the AFL-CIO. Read more.
That Cheap Stuff You Just Bought At Walmart? Turns Out It Cost $6,000 More Than You Thought.
According to a Congressional study,$6,000 is the average amount taxpayers are being dinged per employee. Walmart's wages and benefits are so low, it forces workers to go on Medicaid and receive housing assistance, childcare subsidies, food stamps, and more. Yes, it's totally insane, but it's true.
Not to mention that the merchandise isn't apples to apples with merchandise in independent stores. It only looks the same. You will have to replace it sooner making what Wal Mart sells costs more. Long story short, you have to be rich to shop at Wal Mart.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25430 Jun 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
That explains these quotes by you then doesn't it?
" you look silly doing it'"
"BARNEY, a legend in his own mind"
"already knew that you knew nothing about real estate but thanks for clarifying that"
" One can only conclude then that they simply don't have any idea whatsoever the meaning of the information they are being fed"
'your tone is more like a spoiled brat who was just told he can't have something he wants"
"your post are condescending and arrogant"
" I thought you couldn't get any lower than you were but, once again, I give you more credit than you deserve. You really need to work on that"
I'll give you the "legend in your own mind" and the "spoiled brat" for which I apologize. The others are questionable at best unless you are carrying a chip on your shoulder.
Reality Check

Camden, AR

#25431 Jun 18, 2013
Workonomics wrote:
CEO of Wal-Mart Michael T. Duke’s 2012 pay,
..........20.7 million..........
He's underpaid. Wal Mart made 443 billion in revenue for the fiscal year of 2012 ending on Jan 30 2013. That means that Wal Mart's CEO made 0.00000467 of their gross revenues. Give that same percentage to a business owner who owns a business that grosses $10 million in revenue each year, you know the evil guys Obama talks about. That would make their annual salary $460.72. Wow talk about living below the poverty line. This argument has been so distorted to the point where businesses owned by good people are being demonized because people uneducated about business see numbers like $20.7 million per year and think those CEO's are taking money that could go to someone in need. What do you think a CEO of Wal Mart should make? I own a very small business and I know what I go through so I can only imagine what the CEO of a giant like Wal Mart does on a daily basis regardless of how many assistants or teams assigned to help him.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#25432 Jun 18, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I know you are a Right Wing, Wing nut.
Independent Barney, remember Independent.
Redd Neckerson

Little Rock, AR

#25433 Jun 18, 2013
WARRIOR wrote:
<quoted text>Ignorance can be cured your stupidity can't!
How could you tell the difference?
Reality Check

Little Rock, AR

#25434 Jun 19, 2013
Redd Neckerson wrote:
<quoted text>
Independent Barney, remember Independent.
Though I doubt the sincerity, I'll take it as it is written and say thank you for setting Barney straight. He sure hasn't listened to me on that subject.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#25435 Jun 19, 2013
Reality Check wrote:
<quoted text>
Though I doubt the sincerity, I'll take it as it is written and say thank you for setting Barney straight. He sure hasn't listened to me on that subject.
I could care less if you claim to be a Independent, Republican. democrat or any thing in between.

You can call yourself a Dem. if you want, but if you keep posting your opinions as they were fact, and the same debunked right wing talking points, I will continue to show the other side of the story to anyone who cares to read it.

Sorry Pal, this is about the truth, not your lack of party affiliation.

jack

Conway, AR

#25436 Jun 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less if you claim to be a Independent, Republican. democrat or any thing in between.
You can call yourself a Dem. if you want, but if you keep posting your opinions as they were fact, and the same debunked right wing talking points, I will continue to show the other side of the story to anyone who cares to read it.
Sorry Pal, this is about the truth, not your lack of party affiliation.
The truth? You can't handle the truth!!
taillight quarantee

Ash Flat, AR

#25437 Jun 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
Look what her successor has done in the 113th Congress.
Corps of Engineers Recreation Improvement Act
Sponsor:
Sen. Boozman, John [R-AR]
Cosponsors:
1
Latest Action:
02/28/2013 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Environment and Public Works.
Tracker:
This bill has the status Introduced.
Here are the steps for Status of Legislation:
Introduced
Passed Senate
Passed House
To President
Became Law
S.995 — 113th Congress (2013-2014)
BILL
Latest Title:
National Desert Storm and Desert Shield War Memorial Act
Sponsor:
Sen. Boozman, John [R-AR]
Cosponsors:
1
Latest Action:
05/21/2013 Read twice and referred to the Committee on Energy and Natural Resources.(text of measure as introduced: CR S3661
Better than the Stinking Lincoln
didn't she introduce the Slick willie blo job protection Act as her greatest achievement.
How about being a Permanent resident of Virgina while claiming to represent the people of Arkansas. Remember her vote on the initial Obama care.

Since: Dec 10

Washington DC

#25438 Jun 19, 2013
taillight quarantee wrote:
<quoted text>Better than the Stinking Lincoln
didn't she introduce the Slick willie blo job protection Act as her greatest achievement.
How about being a Permanent resident of Virgina while claiming to represent the people of Arkansas. Remember her vote on the initial Obama care.
A seventh-generation Arkansan, Blanche Lambert was born in Helena, Phillips County, to Martha (née Kelly) and Jordan Bennett Lambert.[3][4] Her father was a rice and cotton farmer.[3][5] Her older sister, Mary Lambert, is a film director.[6] She received her early education at the local public schools in Helena, and was the student council president at Central High School from 1977 to 1978.[3]

Lincoln attended the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, where she was a member of the Chi Omega sorority.[3] She graduated from Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg, Virginia, in 1982, earning a Bachelor's degree in biology.[7] She originally sought to go into nursing.[8]
Sambo

Mountain Home, AR

#25439 Jun 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
A seventh-generation Arkansan, Blanche Lambert was born in Helena, Phillips County, to Martha (née Kelly) and Jordan Bennett Lambert.[3][4] Her father was a rice and cotton farmer.[3][5] Her older sister, Mary Lambert, is a film director.[6] She received her early education at the local public schools in Helena, and was the student council president at Central High School from 1977 to 1978.[3]
Lincoln attended the University of Arkansas in Fayetteville, where she was a member of the Chi Omega sorority.[3] She graduated from Randolph-Macon Woman's College in Lynchburg, Virginia, in 1982, earning a Bachelor's degree in biology.[7] She originally sought to go into nursing.[8]
do the same thing. I find an old place and it drives me crazy til I find out who owns it. You can go to the courthouse and do a property search and go from there. I dont like intruding on people but sometimes I knock on a neighbors door or if there is an old house that people are living in,just stop and knock on their door to ask. Just remember to be ultra-polite and sincere and follow these steps. Will definitely get you into a lot of places. When they open the door,start by introducing yourself and tell them where you are from.At the same time reach out for a "firm" handshake (weak handshakes are meaningless) while at the same time tell them you apologize for intruding on their privacy. Tell them you are into metal detecting and ask if they would mind if you went in there yard. Tell them they can walk around with you if they'd like or you can show them everything you find. If you find anything of importance,be sure to offer it them. If its a gold band or a really old coin,I know its hard to depart with it,but believe me,you"ll do better in the long run because they'll tell people and they'll tell people and so on and so on.... Most importantly,learn how to dig a "plug" out of the ground instead of digging a hole that looks like you dug a stump out of the ground. When your done,put the plug back in the whole and leave no trace you were there. They will welcome you back.Happy hunting!!
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25440 Jun 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less if you claim to be a Independent, Republican. democrat or any thing in between.
You can call yourself a Dem. if you want, but if you keep posting your opinions as they were fact, and the same debunked right wing talking points, I will continue to show the other side of the story to anyone who cares to read it.
Sorry Pal, this is about the truth, not your lack of party affiliation.
Perception is reality to some as yourself and to others such as myself reality is reality.
Reality Check

Lonoke, AR

#25441 Jun 19, 2013
BARNEYII wrote:
<quoted text>
I could care less if you claim to be a Independent, Republican. democrat or any thing in between.
You can call yourself a Dem. if you want, but if you keep posting your opinions as they were fact, and the same debunked right wing talking points, I will continue to show the other side of the story to anyone who cares to read it.
Sorry Pal, this is about the truth, not your lack of party affiliation.
If you don't care about party affiliation then why do you keep calling me a Republican? Sounds like it does matter to you.
karma

Terrell, TX

#25442 Jun 19, 2013
What about the indy other side that seldom gets press but usually if given chances has good ideas
Marky Mark

North Little Rock, AR

#25443 Jun 19, 2013
White people

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McGehee Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
AR More than 1,000 dead birds fall from sky in Ark (Jan '11) 7 hr Just asking 10,063
AR Exit polls: Boozman defeats 2-term incumbent Li... (Nov '10) Sep 27 Guest 854
AR Who do you support for Attorney General in Arka... (Oct '10) Sep 26 booget 412
AR Who do you support for Lieutenant Governor in A... (Oct '10) Sep 25 guest 481
AR Who do you support for Secretary of State in Ar... (Oct '10) Sep 24 joey 242
AR Who do you support for Auditor in Arkansas in 2... (Oct '10) Sep 22 First 258
AR Who do you support for Governor in Arkansas in ... (Oct '10) Sep 22 liberal 958

McGehee Jobs

McGehee People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

McGehee News, Events & Info

Click for news, events and info in McGehee

Personal Finance

Mortgages [ See current mortgage rates ]