McDonough Mayor Praying for patience

McDonough Mayor Praying for patience

Posted in the McDonough Forum

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#1 Mar 9, 2013
From the Henry Herald
"The city administrator was allowed to sit in on an hour-long executive session while the McDonough City Council deliberated his two pay raises.(Turns out this was incorrect).

#The council approved a two-percent raise for City Administrator Frederick Gardiner that went into effect this month,(Not quite as reported. This is described elsewhere as 2% adjustment given other employees in January) as well as an additional three-percent raise effective on his anniversary date, which was not specified.(But again, elsewhere it is explained as a merit raise because employee had exceeded expectations in completing a list of items.)

#“Lord, I wish I had patience,” Mayor Billy Copeland said, following a lengthy executive session.“I pray for patience every night.”
The city needs to start praying that the people we trust to report on our community will do so in a truthful unbiased manner.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McDonough Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News The strange saga of 15 circus cats and their fi... Oct 14 An eye for an eye 2
Ashley Mullinax Oct 9 Skinnyisking 1
This is for the rest of the East Lake Diner... ... (Jan '08) Sep 27 Mpete 7
Boondox aka David Hutto aka Turncoat Dirty... (Dec '07) Sep '17 Loveydove 45
maddie at mexican restaurant by ihop Sep '17 new in town 1
Debbie Savannah Jones Sep '17 Fyi 2
Mail Sep '17 CHill 1

McDonough Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McDonough Mortgages