Police Dept enforcement orders for bars

Police Dept enforcement orders for bars

Posted in the McComb Forum

Since: Jan 09

Madison, MS

#1 Jan 7, 2009
The McComb Police Dept was just ordered by the new chief to stop enforcing the 12 Midnight closing law on all black owned bars.....an ordinance requires all bars to have ALL alcohol off the tables by midnight,not even 1 minute later...recently the newly appointed Black Chief told the night shift officers to stay away from the black owned bars and not enforce the Midnight Closing Law....well,well,well...so the Officers now are enforcing only certain laws,not ALL laws....interesting

Since: Jan 09

Madison, MS

#2 Jan 7, 2009
The Officers dont know which laws to enforce until they trip over one the Chief wants ignored then they get chastised and told to "forget that one"...its a tightrope they have to walk every day and its going to cost the City some fine Police Officers before its over with....and probably cost the City a few lawsuits as well
Sunshine

Jackson, MS

#3 Jan 8, 2009
I lived in mccomb 46 years and went to all the bars.there.They closed at midnight and that kept me and my drinking buddies from riding around from bar to bar all night When you can drink past midnight in a bar you are going to be more of a nusense to the law officers going to bars where you have no business after midnight.I am a grateful recovering alcoholic living in jackson.I say close the bars at midnight
Sunshine

Jackson, MS

#4 Feb 6, 2009
I say there will be more violence for the police officers,by not closing the mccomb bars at midnight people get drunker and just wont care what they say or do to hurt people.I know,especially being a recovering alcoholic tha t went to all the bars there.thanks for letting me share.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McComb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sisters and their illegitimate kids Jun 15 Honestly 1
Lake Walthall murder in the 1980's (Aug '11) May '16 The grim reaper 33
Tosha Baughtman (Jul '15) May '16 Brumfield69 2
News Jamie Lynn Spears blazes own trail (May '06) May '16 Tastee 1,149
News Dixon Correctional worker accused of bringing c... Apr '16 Barbara Ann 1
News American Idol: The end is near Apr '16 Barbara Ann 1
News McComb residents show support for hometown Amer... Apr '16 Barbara Ann 1
More from around the web

Personal Finance

McComb Mortgages