Jamie Lynn Spears poses with baby for...

Jamie Lynn Spears poses with baby for mag cover

There are 259 comments on the Newsday story from Jul 9, 2008, titled Jamie Lynn Spears poses with baby for mag cover. In it, Newsday reports that:

Weeks after giving birth to daughter Maddie Briann, Jamie Lynn Spears is showing off the newborn, sharing memories of a "perfect" delivery and longing to be a Southern soccer mom.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at Newsday.

First Prev
of 13
Next Last

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#4 Jul 9, 2008
who cares. (#3, not bad)

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#5 Jul 9, 2008
Tap San in LIC wrote:
who cares.(#3, not bad)
not bad, guiness must be bloated from the weekend

ETR

“Hello boys.....”

Since: Aug 07

.......I'm baaaaaaaaaaaack!!!!

#6 Jul 9, 2008
Al Kahalik wrote:
<quoted text>
not bad, guiness must be bloated from the weekend
Probably, the real story will come in about 15 years when this twit becomes a grandma....
Dewy

United States

#12 Jul 9, 2008
The poster child for teen pregnancy.

“Life's A Beach”

Since: Jun 07

Pompano Beach

#14 Jul 9, 2008
What you people are failing to realize is this....Jamie Lynn will NOT be a Welfare Mother. She is self-sufficient.
Teen pregnancies have been a problem for a long time. Long before Jamie Lynn got pregnant. I doubt there will be a spike because girls want to copy Jamie Lynn. Personally, I wish she would have married the baby's father BEFORE the child's birth.

Good Luck, Jamie Lynn.
Tickled

Jonesville, SC

#15 Jul 9, 2008
You can tell it is just a bunch of kids on here today.Lord how all of us parents will be happy when summer break is over! Now run along little ones go outside and play!LOL
disgusted

Kunkletown, PA

#16 Jul 9, 2008
That's just great, let's glorify teen pregnancy even more. What the hell are they thinking?
Out near the water

Englewood, CO

#19 Jul 9, 2008
Get example for young teenage girls...glorify teenage pregnancy? Yeah right

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#20 Jul 9, 2008
Pompano Beach Gail wrote:
What you people are failing to realize is this....Jamie Lynn will NOT be a Welfare Mother. She is self-sufficient.
Teen pregnancies have been a problem for a long time. Long before Jamie Lynn got pregnant. I doubt there will be a spike because girls want to copy Jamie Lynn. Personally, I wish she would have married the baby's father BEFORE the child's birth.
Good Luck, Jamie Lynn.
She and her family will be flat broke by the time the kid hits kindergarten.

“It might have been !!!”

Since: Aug 07

F&P City

#21 Jul 9, 2008
Tickled wrote:
You can tell it is just a bunch of kids on here today.Lord how all of us parents will be happy when summer break is over! Now run along little ones go outside and play!LOL
Pssss, she's talking to you Dog, tee-hee.
Any teen USA

West New York, NJ

#22 Jul 9, 2008
Wow Jamie Lynn me and my friends have watched you on Nickelodean and we think you and your sister are sooo cool.
Just like you I got pregnant too. I am 15. Me and my friends planned to get pregnant together so we can all be like you. We don't have any money like you but the government will help out and my high school has day care. That is sooo cool. All the other non-pregnant girls think we are so cool. They come up to me and ask me all these curious questions. I never have had soo much attention. This is great. I'm glad we have role models like you.
Hey maybe we can bring our kids to softball together ? IM me ok ? ok? Jamie Lynn are you there ? Jamie Lynn please IM me ? Where are you ? Jamie Lynn ? Don't you care ?
Paul

Atlanta, GA

#23 Jul 9, 2008
She May Not be Welfare But she is a (CHILD)Disney Star This doen't even deserve the News.What you are Saying is because she has SOME Money due to Child Stardom it was ok to get Pregnant @ 16 and Get Engaged.WRONG MESSAGE to Todays Children Having Babies.That's why I don't Like my Children watching these Trashy ICON Stars that Society holds high on a Pedastal.
Pompano Beach Gail wrote:
What you people are failing to realize is this....Jamie Lynn will NOT be a Welfare Mother. She is self-sufficient.
Teen pregnancies have been a problem for a long time. Long before Jamie Lynn got pregnant. I doubt there will be a spike because girls want to copy Jamie Lynn. Personally, I wish she would have married the baby's father BEFORE the child's birth.
Good Luck, Jamie Lynn.
Dr Spock

Brooklyn, NY

#24 Jul 9, 2008
The thing that amazes me is some moronic agency gave her mother the LI mother of the year award this year. Maybe Brittney can grab the Mother Theresa award.
Ga bagool

Lawrenceville, GA

#25 Jul 9, 2008
"She said Lynne Spears is a hands-on grandma." How scary is that!!!
Trailer Trash

Patchogue, NY

#27 Jul 9, 2008
What a cute baby. Oh, and nice infant too!

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#30 Jul 9, 2008
-BDIS- wrote:
<quoted text>
after coated add skumbags
sorry for leaving that out
Its OK, no big deal
justsad

Brooklyn, NY

#31 Jul 9, 2008
I was just commenting on how glad I was that the media didn't glorify this little girl having a baby and here she is on the cover of a magazine claiming how wonderful it is to be a mother. Yes, it is but she shouldn't be one right now, or buying a house with her boyfriend! Like most 17 year olds, had she not gotten pregnant they probably would have broken up by now. Now they are playing house like they are adults. Leave it to the Spears to promote their child's fall for financial gain.

Since: Oct 07

North Haven, CT

#32 Jul 9, 2008
Trailer Trash wrote:
What a cute baby. Oh, and nice infant too!
now THAT was funny. good one.

Isnt the 'father' Casey 19 yrs old.....im sorry is nt that statutory rape, or is it different down south?

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#33 Jul 9, 2008
Pompano Beach Gail wrote:
What you people are failing to realize is this....Jamie Lynn will NOT be a Welfare Mother. She is self-sufficient.
Teen pregnancies have been a problem for a long time. Long before Jamie Lynn got pregnant. I doubt there will be a spike because girls want to copy Jamie Lynn. Personally, I wish she would have married the baby's father BEFORE the child's birth.
Good Luck, Jamie Lynn.
Her sister has been, as you say, "self-sufficient" for years now...that's worked out great for her and her kids..

“Trying is...”

Since: Feb 08

the first step towards failure

#37 Jul 9, 2008
ktc wrote:
this is the letter i sent to the OK magazine editor
I whole heartedly realize that the bottomline is more important to
your magazine then anything else. Most of the time, I think
celebrities deserve to have their privacy invaded because lets face
it, most of them are not kind people, nor are most truly contributing
anything of worth to this world (Paris, Nicole etc). However, your
choice to glorify that little hillbillies teenage pregnancy for the
purpose of selling magazines is beyond disgusting. She's 17, she is
not 30, or 35, and frankly the ONLY reason a 17 year old gets pregnant
and actually carries through with having the baby (abortion-especially
given the genes the Spears clan is working with, should have been
highly recommended, if not forced) is because they have no other
source of love in their life. It's bad enough ANY of these morons with
an extraordinarily shallow, pissed in gene pool procreate at all (i.e.
pretty much ANYONE below the Mason-Dixon line), but to glorify and
condone it is truly beyond reproach. Now, all of those little girls
who are unloved and have nothing better to do with their life will be
convinced that indeed having a baby is "the best thing in the world"
and will carry through with it. These girls however, will still be
living in their trailer parks, and will still have their job at
walmart, will still be with a wife-beater clad abusive father, and
will still be receiving food stamps paid for with MY PAYCHECK, because
the fact that Jamie Lynn is rich is not remotely emphasized. So when
my taxes go up again, and when even more trash in this country is
procreating, I will thank you OK magazine. You can be sure that my
friends and I will never buy another one of your magazines again.I whole heartedly realize that the bottomline is more important to
your magazine then anything else. Most of the time, I think
celebrities deserve to have their privacy invaded because lets face
it, most of them are not kind people, nor are most truly contributing
anything of worth to this world (Paris, Nicole etc). However, your
choice to glorify that little hillbillies teenage pregnancy for the
purpose of selling magazines is beyond disgusting. She's 17, she is
not 30, or 35, and frankly the ONLY reason a 17 year old gets pregnant
and actually carries through with having the baby (abortion-especially
given the genes the Spears clan is working with, should have been
highly recommended, if not forced) is because they have no other
source of love in their life. It's bad enough ANY of these morons with
an extraordinarily shallow, pissed in gene pool procreate at all (i.e.
pretty much ANYONE below the Mason-Dixon line), but to glorify and
condone it is truly beyond reproach. Now, all of those little girls
who are unloved and have nothing better to do with their life will be
convinced that indeed having a baby is "the best thing in the world"
and will carry through with it. These girls however, will still be
living in their trailer parks, and will still have their job at
walmart, will still be with a wife-beater clad abusive father, and
will still be receiving food stamps paid for with MY PAYCHECK, because
the fact that Jamie Lynn is rich is not remotely emphasized. So when
my taxes go up again, and when even more trash in this country is
procreating, I will thank you OK magazine. You can be sure that my
friends and I will never buy another one of your magazines again.
Listen, if we were at all interested in the letters sent to the magazine, we'd buy the magazine.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 13
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McComb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Walthall murder in the 1980's (Aug '11) Tue rkayj 35
Kenneth Briggs arrested (May '14) Aug '16 Yours truly 6
Sisters and their illegitimate kids Jun '16 Honestly 1
Tosha Baughtman (Jul '15) May '16 Brumfield69 2
News Jamie Lynn Spears blazes own trail (May '06) May '16 Tastee 1,149
Debate: Marijuana - McComb, MS (Aug '11) Apr '16 Legalize MS 2
laporsha renae (Apr '16) Apr '16 pooloo 1

McComb Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McComb Mortgages