Bill Minor: African-American earnings lag in state

Jan 18, 2008 Read more: Enterprise-Journal
We have in Mississippi the highest percentage -37 percent - of African-American population of any state. Read more
Oliver

United States

#1 Mar 3, 2008
When I return home to visit one can tell that the wages in Miss among black are low, and in some area very low. It's almost like people there are blind to the fact of that. Someone needs to raise the lid on poverty in Miss!! Why!! There no need for it in 2008, when the state has the resources. Spread the wealth!!
Mencken

Prentiss, MS

#2 Mar 7, 2008
Oliver wrote:
When I return home to visit one can tell that the wages in Miss among black are low, and in some area very low. It's almost like people there are blind to the fact of that. Someone needs to raise the lid on poverty in Miss!! Why!! There no need for it in 2008, when the state has the resources. Spread the wealth!!
I guess I could spread it around by giving you some of my wealth, but then I just have this thing about working my a$$ off and just *giving* it away to anyone who won't work or won't sacrifice to get the education and skills required to work.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McComb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Lake Walthall murder in the 1980's (Aug '11) Apr 3 Anonymous 23
Debate: Gay Marriage - McComb, MS (Sep '10) Feb '15 CG Hart 18
News Deadline nears for C Spire's fiber optic Intern... Feb '15 GULLIABLE 2
Kevin herring Dec '14 Jeffery Gitchell 1
Looking for the Tylertown Cookbook Nov '14 JanCajun 1
News Still Here - Williams Brothers (Oct '09) Oct '14 dale kelly 5
McComb (Dec '11) Oct '14 Bluesy 5
More from around the web

McComb People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE