Marine with NO ties killed in Iraq blast

Marine with NO ties killed in Iraq blast

There are 2 comments on the NOLA.com story from May 6, 2008, titled Marine with NO ties killed in Iraq blast. In it, NOLA.com reports that:

“I said, 'It's your life. I'll be very happy with whatever decision you make.' She was thrilled to death with doing the things she did.”

St. Rose resident Craig Casanova last spoke with his 22-year-old daughter Casey Casanova on Friday when the Marine lance corporal called from Iraq, four hours before she was to head out on patrol. via NOLA.com

Join the discussion below, or Read more at NOLA.com.

Ruth Terrell

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#1 May 9, 2008
I was at the Fernwood Airport when our Marine arrived and I was really touched and moved by this. This was some mother and Dads daughter and I could relate to that loss for I to had lost a daughter and there is no pain like losing a child. All the flags and people there to honor her was an emotional feeling.This is quite an hero to go into the service and take the chance of dying for our country. CPL. Casey Casanova was a HERO in my eyes and my prayers are with her family.
Ruth Terrell

Schuylkill Haven, PA

#2 May 9, 2008
Casey Casanova was a hero and very much to be proud of. It was a very emotional feeling to see her land at the airport all the flags and different ones there to honor her arrival. This was some mother and dads little girl. and there is no pain as losing a child I know! Our prayers continue to go with you and you can find strength in our God He is a strong mighty tower we can run into and he is there always.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McComb Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Sisters and their illegitimate kids Jun '16 Honestly 1
Lake Walthall murder in the 1980's (Aug '11) May '16 The grim reaper 33
Tosha Baughtman (Jul '15) May '16 Brumfield69 2
News Jamie Lynn Spears blazes own trail (May '06) May '16 Tastee 1,149
News Dixon Correctional worker accused of bringing c... Apr '16 Barbara Ann 1
News American Idol: The end is near Apr '16 Barbara Ann 1
News McComb residents show support for hometown Amer... Apr '16 Barbara Ann 1

McComb Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance