EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE - Their Own L...

EVERGREEN STATE COLLEGE - Their Own Little Hippie World

Posted in the McCleary Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Conservative Joe

Tacoma, WA

#1 Jul 25, 2012
Anyone else here feel that "greeners" are the most inconsiderate slobs on the planet? They preach about protecting the environment yet they continue to drive cars and pollute the earth, smoke and pollute themselves, plaster their brain with all the wine they drink, wear clothing made in some poor country put together by some person getting a few cents an hour, they never clean their yards (or themselves for that matter) and they will house almost any homeless non-working bum they meet.

They believe in gay marriage, pot smoking and not eating eating food from a microwavable cardboard box it has to be organic grown yet they continue to drink their latte's from starbucks.

All of them are complete hypocrites. 60's are over Evergreen get a clue!!!
Ashley

Spokane, WA

#2 Jul 28, 2012
Ouch, Joe. Your sweeping generalizations hurt, you know. I respect your opinion wholeheartedly, and I ask myself why some greeners do these things as well. Personally, I abstain from all forms of drugs and alcohol. I do cook my food in the microwave and I don't protest. I absolutely won't let anyone I don't know crash on my couch.
The people you are talking about are extreme, and everyone knows it. But how can you sit back and berate their decisions? They are, after all, COLLEGE students. Do you now how much organic food and clothing costs? Do you know how much electric cars cost, for that matter? These things are not something college kids can afford, but it is a dream they aspire to achieve. On a similar note, cleaning their yards? You must be an older gentleman who has worked hard for your home, because those are the only types of people who complain on such trivial matters. Just because these 20- somethings haven't learned the ways of the world doesn't mean you should put them down for the way their yard looks( and have you smelled everyone on campus? We don't all drink kombucha and wear nagchampa.)
Gay marriage? At least a third of the school is gay or trans, its one of the things that draws people to the school. An understanding and accepting community. And yup, people smoke cigarettes and pot. Have you ever drank alcohol? Ever? How about when you were a teenager? Have you ever been drunk? If your answer is no, then you go ahead and keep complaining about these people. If yes, you have no right judging what other people do in their private time, legal or not.
Overall, my point here is that you shouldn't form your opinions based on few bitter moments. And you should watch that talk of hypocrisy, its starting to show from you as well.
The 60s may be over, but its the 10's now, people are supposed to be a little more understanding.
Daniel

United States

#3 Aug 6, 2012
Come on down, the waterís fine! The teachingís not so great, but if you want to attend the number 1 Cannabis College in the world, then TESC is your heaven. Get high with your professors, dance through your degree, do almost no work, and get a BA that wonít get you a job. It sounds like an awesome campus for the trust fund hippie or lifelong slacker.

I made the mistake of going there for a science degree. I was so digusted with the professors and staff that I took a quick BA and left after just over a year. I donít smoke at all, and I didnít fit in with the communist agenda that TESC mandates. YOU will get NO RESPECT at this college unless you adhere to the communist agenda and rich propaganda that is constantly, day after day, shoved down your throat. If you donít have a friendship with a professor, you will see your grades suffer.

TESC doesnít give letter grades, so instead they GANK your credits. It cost me 46 LOST credits to get a BA degree and get the hell out of there. I would have LOST another 50-odd credits if Iíd attempted to complete the SIX YEAR BS degree in computer science.

Frankly, a degree from this college is toilet paper, and I have one, sad to say. This is why I immediately went online and got a BS degree from another institution. Credits from this campus WILL NOT TRANSFER ANYWHERE. You will burn through 150% of your financial aid if youíre not extremely careful, and then be left with a degree that is not employable.
MrCool

United States

#4 Aug 6, 2012
>Ashley
Yep, go ahead and drive your little "electric" cars and believe you are saving the world by "being green".
You are completely ignorant.
Unless you can get every other country in the world to believe in your way of thinking your efforts to save the planet are futile. The damage has already been done zillions times over and EVEN is the U.S. went green it will not slow down the rest of the polluting countries in the least. I think greeners like to believe in this "being green" and "save the planet" garbage simply because they like to think of themselves as being better than everyone else personally. Be green all you want Ashley, drive down the road in your stupid looking electric sardine cans, grow your own crops and live like charles ingalls it won't slow down anything. Why? Because the rest of the world won't live like that.
Another thing.
Parents be wary of your children and what they are learning in your middle schools because it's a fact that many schools are now turning to Evergreen College to obtain teachers. Young kids are now being "groomed" at an early age to start "thinking" like they do at Evergreen and it won't be long before many of our schools will become another "offshoot" of that college. Thank god my kid thinks these kinds of teachers are weird and has no intention of listening to their core values they are trying to shove down our kids throat. When your middle school teachers start trying to introduce being "gay" is alright and start bringing in politics get your kid and run in the other direction.
There is a reason why there is only one college like Evergreen. Figure it out Ashley and quit putting down those who choose to live a responsible, "clean" lifestyle because they do NOT owe you anything.
JebbyD

Tacoma, WA

#5 Sep 1, 2012
The more I am unfortunately around these people the more I believe they serve no purpose other than to mooch off others and complain about the very things they do every day.

Love the article daniel and I believe it. That is the only college on earth where you can stay for at least 6 years and stil come out just as dumb as when you went in.
Mr Mike

United States

#6 Sep 3, 2012
I'd watch out if I were you. I'm not saying it is not possible to get a good education there, but the problem is there is no way anyone else can tell from your qualifications.
I am saying this because an evergreen 'graduate' has just flunked out spectacularly on a postgrad course here, despite glowing recommendations from staff.
This person seems unable to describe what they learned at all, has no study skills, and was completely unprepared.
It might be worth considering what other options you have: grades do have a point. This person should never have been allowed to graduate with a degree, never mind wasting money on graduate school.
thrdstreet

Olympia, WA

#7 Sep 11, 2012
Things I learned in and out of the classroom. This is just an opinion based on classes, forums, and other experiences I had at that school. Iím not your doctor, lawyer or teacher.

The school doesnít offer an education so much as an inculcation. After a year of immersion there I questioned everything no matter how small such that I couldnít hold an opinion of anything. Whatever we were told to believe at that moment was the correct belief at that moment. When asked my opinion about any thing I was stymied and flustered to find one that was acceptable to my peers. It was maddening and unacceptable
thrdstreet

Olympia, WA

#8 Sep 11, 2012
Things I learned. All points of view were equal to all other points of view. They demanded that you hold not just two opposing beliefs or thoughts in your mind but hold three, four or more There was no real truth, no black and white. There was no correct religion except that Christianity was ignorant and bad and worse than the rest. Magic was true and only women could use it.

Men stole religion from women. Native Americans were one with nature and never hurt anyone or did wrong or got sick or died till the evil white man stepped on the shore. There was no good or evil. There was no right or wrong!!
thrdstreet

Olympia, WA

#9 Sep 11, 2012
Things I learned. Marriage was slavery. Gays should have the right to marry. Straights or white men should not be allowed to have sex or children. Straight sex was rape! The genders were equal. Women were better than men. Women loving women was the highest form of love. Men were more evil, dangerous, and murderous while women were not.

Gays were better than straights. Lesbians were better than gay men. Everyone was bi-sexual. No meant no! Turning down a homo sexual request for sex was a sign of bigotry against homosexuals even if you had a life partner or were straight.
thrdstreet

Olympia, WA

#10 Sep 11, 2012
Things I learned. Some students and staff were allowed to have opinions. The rest followed those opinions. But they were not called opinions. They were beyond truths and were not to be questioned. When those persons loved new people and new ideas and experiences and changed their minds then you had better do the same.

What ever you do, though, donít overtly say you are following them for that would be brown nosing, tagging along, not thinking for yourself, and being a slave. They were all Individualistic clones.
thrdstreet

Olympia, WA

#11 Sep 11, 2012
Things I learned. Students from wealthy upper class families and corporate families, with large monthly stipends and incomes or trust funds, were quietly and strongly held in higher esteem.

Even when they dressed down, throwing out their designer clothes and pulling old clothes out of the free box, they set the tone of fashion and personal display. There were no true opinions or truths or realities other than what they set. Do what thou wilt but it better agree with their shifting politics and mind.
thrdstreet

Olympia, WA

#12 Sep 11, 2012
What cleared my mind was working in low level, service oriented jobs. Seeing that actions had consequences. Being trained how to do simple tasks then training others. Getting paid for working instead of getting free money for learning.

This school is similar to very expensive, exclusive, private universities as well as well established respectable religious cults,. and New Age and New Thought pyramid schemes. They create mostly a class of highly suggestible semi-educated followers who think as they are hired or told to think or act.
thrdstreet

Olympia, WA

#13 Sep 11, 2012
They mostly think they are independent geniuses. They have the right to attack and make fun of anything they donít like but donít dare do that to them. They act like cult followers and will blindly follow those who the cult says to follow and will unthinkingly react and lash out against those deemed as enemies by their leaders.

These graduates can be very useful to you if you get them to see you as their leader.
Mason

United States

#14 Sep 15, 2012
I completely agree with you.

These type of people are a complete waste and live like slobs. Modern day hippie's from the 60's is what they try to be like.

They like to believe that the rest of the world doesn't know sh1t and they are somehow wiser than everybody else. Ever notice how poor they are? Never have any money in their pocket yet those who actually work for a living are somehow evil for doing so.

To bad we can't have an island somewhere so we can just put all these people on it and let them live like pigs and won't bother the descent citizens.
Green and Proud

United States

#15 Feb 22, 2013
It's really unfortunate to read so many totally negative comments about Evergreen. The school is unconventional in many respects, but many fine students have graduated from Evergreen. Saving the planet sounds like a pretty good idea to me - and yes, that means making some different lifestyle choices. Being less judgmental and showing more respect for other people is a good thing too. Traditional education systems have led to the collapse of our forest and aquatic ecosystems.(e.g. UW Schools of Forestry and Fisheries) Climate change is threatening to imperil the planet. Where's the outrage over these issues? This country needs to make big changes and thank god there's a college that teaching students to think beyond our conventional mindset.
George the Great

Olympia, WA

#16 Feb 23, 2013
You have to admit, Green, that the school sides with one agenda. Never mind the that fact global warming has been going on since the earth was born; hell I learned about global warming back in the 80s and back then they taught is was a natural occurance...look to multiple ice ages. You may choose to ignore that fact but look to the extreme progressive ideologies that the your school is teaching while ignoring other side. Have you honestly heard the other side by any instructors? Again, have you been told that ice ages occur naturally and have occurred multiple times in the past?
NoLiberalHere

Seattle, WA

#17 May 12, 2013
JebbyD wrote:
The more I am unfortunately around these people the more I believe they serve no purpose other than to mooch off others and complain about the very things they do every day.
Love the article daniel and I believe it. That is the only college on earth where you can stay for at least 6 years and stil come out just as dumb as when you went in.
Exactly.

Could not have said it any better. I love how they protest everything yet do these things everyday don't you? Protest the banks but I have a checking account! Protest car pollution yet I drive to school every day! Protest overseas labor yet I wear my fleece sweater (made from indonesia) all day long! Protest the slaughtering of animals yet I go out to fast food and eat my McNuggets! Protest for gay marriage yet lets put down all straight people (except for our close friends who happen to be married to the opposite sex) it's ok for them but not us.

I love the way the want to conserve the earth but most of these people are the first ones to litter all over the public streets. You should take a walk down Kaiser road to the college and just look at the side of the street..nothing but trash. They want to conserve all this energy yet th eones I know live in houses, use electricity for their computers, tv's and appliances. Gas for their lawn mowers and everything else.

Greeners are the biggest hypocrites on earth IMO.
Dave

UK

#18 Nov 16, 2013
Virtually everyone here is an ignorant moron.
RealWorld

Kent, WA

#19 Nov 18, 2013
Mr Mike wrote:
I'd watch out if I were you. I'm not saying it is not possible to get a good education there, but the problem is there is no way anyone else can tell from your qualifications.
I am saying this because an evergreen 'graduate' has just flunked out spectacularly on a postgrad course here, despite glowing recommendations from staff.
This person seems unable to describe what they learned at all, has no study skills, and was completely unprepared.
It might be worth considering what other options you have: grades do have a point. This person should never have been allowed to graduate with a degree, never mind wasting money on graduate school.
WELL.....if you want a real eye opener, check into how many med schools actually flunk out a med student. It turns out that most schools a so afraid of a law suit that they actually pressure their staff to find ways to pass their students through, regardless of real performance concerns.

Instead of fretting over the harmless hippies, we should be paying more attention to the conservative "professionals" who float through school under threat of legal action that's backed by Daddy's bank account.

Doubt what I am saying? Do the research!
George

Olympia, WA

#20 Nov 22, 2013
RealWorld wrote:
<quoted text>
WELL.....if you want a real eye opener, check into how many med schools actually flunk out a med student. It turns out that most schools a so afraid of a law suit that they actually pressure their staff to find ways to pass their students through, regardless of real performance concerns.
Instead of fretting over the harmless hippies, we should be paying more attention to the conservative "professionals" who float through school under threat of legal action that's backed by Daddy's bank account.
Doubt what I am saying? Do the research!
I do doubt it so provide the proof. You made the claim so back it up.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McCleary Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Penis Enlargement Bible - Is it a Scam? (Sep '13) 16 hr Jews 41
News Coroner identifies motorcyclist who died Friday... Mar 24 Andrew 1
News The Latest: Trump expected to roll back fuel ec... Mar 15 Texxy 1
News Vanished: Lindsey Baum Case Heartbreaking for F... (Sep '10) Dec '15 Semper Fi 2
News Lottery funds could be the ticket for new class... (Mar '14) Mar '14 Thembi mbuyisa 1
Lindsey Baum (Aug '11) Oct '11 McClearySarah 4
News Search warrant served in connection with Lindse... (Oct '11) Oct '11 Robin Coder 1

McCleary Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

McCleary Mortgages