Jury reaches verdict in Oakland BART shooting trial

Full story: LA Daily News

A family walks by a wall of posters of Oscar Grant in Oakland, Calif., Friday, July 2, 2010.
Comments
2,121 - 2,140 of 2,262 Comments Last updated Wednesday Aug 6
T gets S A

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 20, 2012

Judged:

Good news for free-spirited air travelers:

It is totally cool to get naked at the airport!
Mikey Cohen

Sun City, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

dave wrote:
Here we go again....
All you good citizens complaining about a bad cop???
Who the F do you think keeps you safe? If it were not for cops, good and bad, these criminal thugs would be terrorizing all of us without remorse or a second thought. If this dirtbag would not have been out committing crimes in the first place he might be alive today to commit more crimes agains the good people of the world. This scum got what he deserved, whether or not it was an accidental shooting or an intended shooting.
Why don't all you complainers go walking around the nearest ghetto at night or even in the daytime and try minding your own business. See how far you get without getting assaulted, raped, stabbed, harassed, or shot. I dare you.
Finally, FBI statistics show that only 1 in every 11 crimes is stopped.
Now, go ahead and take that stroll down the "bad" part of town.....
Just thought everyone should know, this guy Dave is a cop that will not hesitate to frame a minority any chance he gets. Go to a blog entitled Looking for Witnesses, they talk about him all of the time!
Reed

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 23, 2012

Judged:

This is just trash talk anyway must be some spammer who got upset because they were put in their place, again.
KIll the radical Libs

Los Gatos, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

---Wild Irish Rose--- wrote:
<quoted text>
He was face down on the ground. One officer had his knee in Grant's back. He was unarmed.
You're a fool.
I agree that this guy would be dead probably regardless, although whether he would have gotten to the point of being face down with a knee in his back is questionable, that is generally reserved for those NOT cooperating. Regardless, the cop was grossly negligent at the least.
Your little profile quote about "Guns DO kill people"...a little heads up- so do sticks and rocks and if there were no other options available (i.e. 10,000 years ago)to the human species then that's what we would use!
Bottom line is I truly love that you are a pacifist to the point of refusing to protect yourself. It's a beautiful and innocent portrayal of humanity that balances the violent tendencies of our species. However, to quote the cliche "it is better to have one and not need one than to need one and not have one". The Colorado theater shooting is a great example of targeting the defenseless. If you arm the public,(and I mean with training/psych profile and licensing)then monsters like that cannot plan their targets. He didn't attack a police station. he attacked a large room full of people that he knew had no defense. I know I will never change your mind and in a way I hope and pray that nothing ever makes you wish you had changed your mind. I however will stay vigilent and try to protect my own and yours if ever needed in a situation like that.
J more

Monrovia, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 24, 2012

Judged:

Just more trash talking republicans.
Darren

Barstow, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

When is the Driving to Bakersfield, California?
Canned

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

I thought they canned that 'reject' who shot and killed a human being in Okland.

No more immunity, you shoot you kill, you take a bullet and die too!
Darren

Barstow, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

coming to Bakersfield, California.
Club

Azusa, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 29, 2012

Judged:

The roll call is closed, please don't mickey mouse this up any more than you already have!

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Jul 31, 2012

COPS LIE ALL THE TIME !! This was a overly aggressive cop as a lot are in CA.

“...Strike one”

Since: Mar 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Whoop whoop this is tha sound of tha Police.
Spike

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

Your references don't add up, please take a break and calm down.

Since: Jul 12

Location hidden

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Spike wrote:
Your references don't add up, please take a break and calm down.
Agreed, this is old news, let it go.
BigDaddy

Oxnard, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

shoot a person in the back = coward.

I also agree LET IT GO!!
Fairy

Upland, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

dave wrote:
Here we go again....
All you good citizens complaining about a bad cop???
Who the F do you think keeps you safe? If it were not for cops, good and bad, these criminal thugs would be terrorizing all of us without remorse or a second thought. If this dirtbag would not have been out committing crimes in the first place he might be alive today to commit more crimes agains the good people of the world. This scum got what he deserved, whether or not it was an accidental shooting or an intended shooting.
Why don't all you complainers go walking around the nearest ghetto at night or even in the daytime and try minding your own business. See how far you get without getting assaulted, raped, stabbed, harassed, or shot. I dare you.
Finally, FBI statistics show that only 1 in every 11 crimes is stopped.
Now, go ahead and take that stroll down the "bad" part of town.....
Your a loser and i bet you are a gay white balding f*g. Yeah i can tell you are, you fairy.
Spike

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 1, 2012

Judged:

nEVER KNOW WHEN YOU'LL NEED TO BRING IN THE SPIKE TO SETTLE THINGS DOWN.
Boogie man

Palm Desert, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Aug 11, 2012

Re
bo bie

Mesa, AZ

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

This is I.portNt.
LongTerm

Covina, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 22, 2013

Judged:

May 22, 2013 - a news helicopter has been hovering for about an hour over the dig area. This story was scooped away from the glendorapatch.com they are waiting for the official report to be written by city hall (Chris Jeffers) it will down play the stupidly shown by Glendora's city hall.

Glendora, California 1978 a 24 year old lady went missing, now the LA County Sheriffs Department is on the job and digging up a back yard in the city of Glendora, California.

The person who reported her missing was her husband, the house has been sold three times since then.

Glad to see some real police department work is being carried out by them on Essex Street in the 500 block.

The neighborhood kids like the husband (Robert), but no wife? Wonder what happened to her remains?

Her car was found at the Ontario AirPort parking lot, as if she left by airplane?

Five news vans were parked outside the suspected house today, night fall has reduced visibility this evening when the sun returns so will the Sheriffs department and the news crews.

More insider information to follow.
hello

Hemet, CA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
May 23, 2013

Judged:

Long Bow wrote:
well,well,well! you folks that are responding to the question" why do black folks stink"?, are asking for a chewing out from the usual negro lovers and liberals that haunt this board,cursing the people that exercise their god given right to free speech.
they just don't want you to have a say in these matters.
to prove my point,go back a few days and read some of my previous posts,and the absurd responses I received from the wiggers and idiots.
I finally just quit posting,as I felt I was more and more alone in my thoughts about the negro,but now,after reading the above posts,I am reassured!
I have addressed this question before,per one of my previous posts,and I'll be glad to do it again.
why does the negro stink?
first of all,it is the "mark of Cain"
this is the mark God put on Cain's descendents for the horrible crime of killing his brother.
a strange body odor,strange,kinky hair,thick lips,bulbous nose, and,of course,black skin.
the negro has tried for decades to eradicate these signs,but of course,to no avail
they have speeded up their breeding with the white female things,in hopes that they can blend out the black,and it seems to work somewhat,except for the hair. they can't do a damn thing about that. after years of straightening,curling.strecthi ng,and pulling on it,they just decided to let it go,and now it is reverting back to it's natural state,which is just wooly. just look at some of the styles the negro women are wearing now!
and for you people that don't buy the "mark of Cain" theory,another reason for the bad odor is,in Africa,where some of the meanest bugs live(isn't everything in Africa,mean?),the negro odor repels these bugs. can't get a bug to even fly by them!
the biggest mystery to me is not why they stink,but how these nasty white women can lay with them. in the jargon of the negro"wats up wit dat?"
I always wondered that, why do black people have a certain 'odor'. And no, I'm not being racist, but walk by any basketball game or stand next to one at the gym and you will catch a whiff of it.
Apparently dogs can smell it on blacks all the time and that is why some dogs only bark at black dudes.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Other Recent McArthur Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
CA Judge overturns California's ban on same-sex ma... (Aug '10) 7 hr what up doc 200,578
CA California seeks to ban free, single-use carryo... (Jun '10) 15 hr Bee Keepers 4,977
CA California Proposition 19: the Marijuana Legali... (Oct '10) 21 hr facts faced 15,929
CA CA Proposition 23 - Global Warming (Oct '10) Mon Mudflys to 7,901
6 wildfires keep firefighters busy in California Aug 3 Cindy 1
CA Federal judge to issue Proposition 8 decision W... (Aug '10) Jun '14 Eric Cantor or cant 1,974
CA Who do you support for Governor in California i... (Oct '10) Jun '14 Steady as yeah goes 3,765

Search the McArthur Forum:
•••
•••
•••

McArthur Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••

McArthur People Search

Addresses and phone numbers for FREE

•••

McArthur News, Events & Info