McAlester Suspicious Death Under Inve...

McAlester Suspicious Death Under Investigation

There are 171 comments on the KOTV Tulsa story from Nov 8, 2006, titled McAlester Suspicious Death Under Investigation. In it, KOTV Tulsa reports that:

The suspicious death of a Pittsburg County woman has authorities investigating. McAlester Police say 33 year old Regina Stachmus' husband found her dead at their home Tuesday.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at KOTV Tulsa.

JUSTICE

United States

#62 Feb 7, 2007
so i guess phone records lie, and that the women who say they are having affairs are also not telling the truth. After the death of his wife that he did not kill, he was over screwing the girl that he has been paying for her rent. Yea I am so sorry (unreal) and (sooner63) he is a Godly man and deserves none of this. You all that KNOW him so well, your all right. He is a ST. God forgive me.

Poor, poor, poor, Erick.

MY ASS
McAlester native

United States

#63 Feb 8, 2007
It's fascinating this post...I find it interesting that the people who are saying the things about the Stachmus family (crooks, underage parties, etc) don't get any kind of response or reply from those who continue to say 'he is so kind and how sad', etc.

The reason no one responds to these posts is because they are true. I've been to the parties, watched the family 'work'...and I wouldn't be surprised at all if the murder ends up being committed by Erick.

The fires next door, the murder, all the infedility rumors (on both sides)...too much is happening at the same time. We're either going to find out alot of dirt or it's going to be swept under the rug. What's your vote?
truth

Tulsa, OK

#64 Feb 8, 2007
Just because there have been underage drinking at the "LAKE" hello no one here ever went to the lake as a teenager with some beer? Did you have to be at a stachmus party to get away with it? That is stupid!! You are all stupid!! Now my reply for the cheating, no one is saying it's right but it's life, how many of you have never cheated on anyone you were involved with? Oh so does that make you a murderer?
Back to you Stud

Sachse, TX

#65 Feb 8, 2007
JUSTICE wrote:
Unreal......that is right, you dont know what Erik has done to some of us. There are two sides to him. I do not feel compassion for this man. He killed his wife, left his kids parentless ( for the second time) and he has an evil side that I have seen. He deserves the most extreme punnishment allowed by law!!
Poor Erick my ass.
He would not have been gone by now, because he thought he would get away with it. Just like he has gotten away with many other things....crimes....(and yea I do know this, I can speak from direct experience)
He is a sick, sick, sick, man!
Well that is the “truth”. Usually the flag carriers like Justice are the biggest sinners with the most to hide. This is the ole boy that high five’s his buddy’s when he tells them he just slept with his best friend’s sister. You can probably find him on UTube passed out drunk, under aged with hair curlers in his hair and lipstick on. Did you try and sell Erick some dope and he told you to get lost! Well stud we’re all listening. What did Erick do to you that was so bad? Probably nothing I bet. You don’t have anything else to do so you make sh*t up. Jealously probably….and now is your chance to try and be a smart guy. We all get a big hoot out of guys like you. It’s still a shame this tragedy has come down to people pre judging before we have all the facts. Justice I feel sorry for you.
JUSTICE

United States

#66 Feb 9, 2007
SEX, LIES AND (in this case web-cams)

You would like to think every thing you wrote was true.

Ericks going down. You know it, I know it, Hell we all know it.

and my opinion is that he is guilty, I hav reasons for this. I have felt his wrath(as a female) and no trust me he never turned down anything. He is an evil, evil person.But hey your right. I dont know him..........like you do. I wish you knew him like I do. You might not see things so black and white.

hang his ass
Who cares

United States

#67 Feb 9, 2007
Stop and listen to yourselves! Are you serious? Have you ever been in love? Have you ever been so mad at the one you love? Have you ever been cheated on or betrayed? Have you ever betrayed or cheated? Have you ever been involved with drugs and/or alcohol to know the effects they have on your emotional stability? Did you grow with a not so perfect life? These, according to every post on this page are the common denominators in this case and in Erick's life. And, I've got news for you people who think he's so evil and who apparently know him so well. Each and every one of these problems in Erick's life would give reason for every one of you to do something...maybe not murder...but something you would never imagine you could do. Have you ever been so mad that you punched the wall or you threw you phone across the room? How much anger do you think it takes to choke a fragile human being? Not much. So please people, don't pretend to set here and go back and forth with your comments bashing one another thinking that you couldn't be capable of doing the same thing. I can only imagine that "if" he did kill his wife he is begging to his personal savior as we speak for forgiveness of what he's done. I don't know Erick other than providing my company with insurance in the past years and I certainly do not pretend to choose sides, especially having heard all the rumors. I can tell you though, he has Warren Gotcher for a defense attorney and Special Judge Donnita Wynn working for him so trust me when I tell you that if he gets anything it will be nominal if any. I will be shocked beyond amazement if gets real time. They are a famous duo known in my book for their favors and letting guilty people off on "technicalities" speaking from personal experience. But hey folks, why don't we all go back to work or the TV or whatever you do to pass your day and let our wonderful criminal justice system work their magic here, what do you say?
Back to you Sweet Cheeks

Sachse, TX

#68 Feb 9, 2007
JUSTICE wrote:
SEX, LIES AND (in this case web-cams)
You would like to think every thing you wrote was true.
Ericks going down. You know it, I know it, Hell we all know it.
and my opinion is that he is guilty, I hav reasons for this. I have felt his wrath(as a female) and no trust me he never turned down anything. He is an evil, evil person.But hey your right. I dont know him..........like you do. I wish you knew him like I do. You might not see things so black and white.
hang his ass
Sweetie, I’m so sorry if I have offended you…………NOT! Don’t know if he’s going down or not only time will tell! Please once again we are all listening. So let me see……were you before Regina? That puts your and Erick’s ages about 20 to 22. Did he spill a drink on you in the back of his truck? OH WAIT! You weren’t seeing Erick after he was married! You………….The Flag Bearer for Justice and the American Way! Most guys that age would never turn it down. Couldn’t get him to leave his gorgeous wife for you and now you’re pissed. Maybe you should testify for the prosecution if you’ve felt the wrath. OH WAIT! Would your husband be in a rage! What would the kids think? It is grey with your obvious dislike for him. We are LISTENING~
Oh come on

United States

#69 Feb 9, 2007
Frankly, you're both being retarded! One for saying he's guilty before being proven so, and the other for thinking him to be so damn innocent in the first place.
I don't think anybody on this board, or anywhere else for that matter, would ever be jealous of Regina!! WOULD YOU WANT TO BE IN HER ****ING SHOES??? And NO, his bull****and cheating doesn't make him a murderer, IT JUST MAKES HIM A BULL****ER and a cheater! If you want to trust a man who can't be trusted, go right ahead. If you don't want to, kudos to you too. Remember though, he hasn't been convicted of anything yet!
Enough with the damn ignorance already. You're only succeeding in making yourself look, well...IGNORANT!
Friend of Both Families

Chicago, IL

#70 Feb 16, 2007
I am from McAlester but currently live in Illinois. I have known some of the Stachmus family for years, as well as some of the Springer family (Regina's Family). I am so sad to hear of this tragedy and my deepest sympathy goes out to both families. As far as the corruption with Mike and parties at the lake house, and the girl being paralyzed. I have spent a few summers as a guest at the stachmus lake house and underage drinking happened everywhere on that lake, not just at Mikes place. As for the parties out at the stachmus house and the girl diving off the roof, well its called don't do drugs and no drugs were not condoned at mike's. she did them prior to arriving at the house!
I don't think Erick should be judged by Mike's past or the Stachmus name. I don't know Erick so I can't speak on behalf of his nature. I can tell you that both families are good people. no matter what has happened in the past, the stachmus family and Mike are nice genuine people. I just hope that justice will be served in this trial for Regina's sake. I had thought about the change of venue issue the minunte he was a suspect. Its hard for me to think that he could get a fair trial in mcalester just because of people in the area knowing BOTH families! My salute to the Mcalester police department and OSBI for taking such time and detail with the case. I was checking with friends back home and the paper and after it happened it seemed like it just went away, ruled accidental death. I belive the authorities were making sure that did everything to the T and meeting all loose ends to get justice for Regina. So well done!! I pray for the town and all who is involved in this case.
JUSTICE

United States

#71 Mar 6, 2007
Who cares wrote:
Stop and listen to yourselves! Are you serious? Have you ever been in love? Have you ever been so mad at the one you love? Have you ever been cheated on or betrayed? Have you ever betrayed or cheated? Have you ever been involved with drugs and/or alcohol to know the effects they have on your emotional stability? Did you grow with a not so perfect life? These, according to every post on this page are the common denominators in this case and in Erick's life. And, I've got news for you people who think he's so evil and who apparently know him so well. Each and every one of these problems in Erick's life would give reason for every one of you to do something...maybe not murder...but something you would never imagine you could do. Have you ever been so mad that you punched the wall or you threw you phone across the room? How much anger do you think it takes to choke a fragile human being? Not much. So please people, don't pretend to set here and go back and forth with your comments bashing one another thinking that you couldn't be capable of doing the same thing. I can only imagine that "if" he did kill his wife he is begging to his personal savior as we speak for forgiveness of what he's done. I don't know Erick other than providing my company with insurance in the past years and I certainly do not pretend to choose sides, especially having heard all the rumors. I can tell you though, he has Warren Gotcher for a defense attorney and Special Judge Donnita Wynn working for him so trust me when I tell you that if he gets anything it will be nominal if any. I will be shocked beyond amazement if gets real time. They are a famous duo known in my book for their favors and letting guilty people off on "technicalities" speaking from personal experience. But hey folks, why don't we all go back to work or the TV or whatever you do to pass your day and let our wonderful criminal justice system work their magic here, what do you say?
Well I finally agree with someone. you seems to make the most reasonable explanation for behavior....I never really thought about it in this light.
huh

Lincoln, NE

#72 Mar 9, 2007
[QUOTE who="Erics Brother"It saddens me to see that the History of Mike out weighs the good of eric.[/QUOTE]
What is the history of Mike? What did he do that people have such an opinion?
southpaw

Tulsa, OK

#73 Mar 13, 2007
I live in McAlester and today is the first time I have read this forum. I can't believe that no one has talked about the subject I am about to reveal.

My sister saw Regina the day before she was murdered and heard Regina tell a friend that she was pregnant.

Now, one rumor is that Regina did not want to have children because she was very vain about her figure. Another rumor was that Erick is sterile.

So, if Erick did not murder her maybe the man who got her pregnant did. I am sure this will all come out in the trial.
Rumors

Milwaukee, WI

#74 Mar 18, 2007
If this rumor is true, Eric or someone would be facing charges for two murders. There are studies that state that pregnant or recently pregnant women are more likely to be the victim of homicde than to die from any other cause. Consider Lori Hacking and Laci Petersen's stories.  
JUSTICE

United States

#75 Mar 22, 2007
WOW,...........Rumor is what it is.
Justice not

Milwaukee, WI

#76 Apr 3, 2007
Why doesn't anyone comment on the fact that statistically this murder is likely to be at the hand of Eric.
JUSTICE

United States

#77 Apr 10, 2007
well apparantly you have not read all of the threads. That is what this whole forum has been discussing.
MRl2

Canadian, OK

#78 Apr 18, 2007
i cant belive the name Carl Voss hasn't emerged on this thread yet.
WOW

AOL

#79 Apr 18, 2007
Gee, I grew up in McAlester and still go back to see family and friends. I know Mike and Patty and remember from my years there. There kids were little then. What a shame all this is going on. I do however think that the case should be moved out of McAlester. I don't know how there could be a good jury pool there.
OOOPS

United States

#80 May 21, 2007
geeeeze all of you people that out supporting Erick or Erich or how ever you spell his damn name or just complete MORANS! Bam....he was caught with the chic he was bangin when he killed his wife....oh I am sorry when se supposedly killed his wife.( am I bad ) Oh and to awnser your question about. "has anyone ever had an affair, well hell yea but I didnt kill my wife.....duh.. He is as Guilty as sin. He deserves the maxium punnishment allowed by law. & yea I am glad I am not on that JURY. That is the only thing that is for certain. Erich is a pure and simple, murderer, cheater and all around fuckin looser!!!!!!!!
janey

Boise, ID

#81 May 29, 2007
STAY IN TEXAS wrote:
I dont feel ashamed and I have personally delt with the Stachmus wrath, I was extemly good friends with Victor (Erics brother who died in 1990) I have lived in Mcalester my whole life, as a Kid I spent alot of time at the Stachmus house, I am not here to Judge Eric, but I can judge his father and the kind of person he is, as a young teen I was the blunt of it, and witnesed many things that are very illegal, You texas can choose to believe what you want, but when you have seen the things I have seen Mike Stachmus very much so has to be questioned. Also I read the other comments and I dont see that anyone is blaming Eric really, everyone is just curious to as what is being done. FACT- She was killed and as a community we have the right to question Who? Small town or not, this would be a question anywhere. I think these people in Mcalester have the right to fear for the safety of their familys. I mean conme on we dont have the reputation of being the most unpolitical small town USA. It is time we stood up. My prayers are with Reginas family, they are suffering. But YOU TEXAS are judging just as you acuse these other commenters.
yea okalhoma loves point fingers at the wrong ppl lol likewise lol

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

McAlester Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
thank you mike mass Aug 26 Ms nancy 7
Downtown Aug 24 Big bad john 2
Mall Aug 16 Big bad john 3
Police Chief's other full-time job Aug 14 Ronsdad 1
Castaway cove property pittsburg county (Apr '07) Jul '16 velma 330
Review: Weddle Family Clinic - Nancy Weddle DO (May '10) Jun '16 Pix222 29
News The Girl Scout murders revisited (Jun '07) Jun '16 Pix222 254

McAlester Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance