Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-S...

Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions

There are 52074 comments on the CBS2 story from Nov 30, 2010, titled Ill. House Approves Legalizing Same-Sex Civil Unions. In it, CBS2 reports that:

The Illinois House has approved a measure to legalize civil unions for same-sex couples.

Join the discussion below, or Read more at CBS2.

“well, really...”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#35017 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Str8s have the option of evolutionary intercourse. Gays don't, do they? Yet you assert that homosexuality is a natural part of evolution.
Don't you know that a thinking person knows how stupid that is???
It makes your arrogance all the more silly. You should be ashamed of such stupidity.
Anyone who engages in anal intercourse is a idiot.
Wait a minute...who is the arrogant one? Intercourse,either anal or vaginal is not necessary for a pleasurable intimate relationship. You do know that, don't you? I hope so for your wifes sake! Do you know for a fact that all gay people engage in anal? I didn't think so!

it is right in your cute little poem here, the middle part:

"One person guarding your heart more than their own.
One for time and storm weathered strength.
One for the life-long commitment of spirits united.
One that is familiar with my soul secrets.
One that knows the good and bad, and still loves.

One enjoying the fruit of familiarity.
One that knows and delights in pleasing
ALL the private and hidden parts of another.

And most powerful?
One intimacy that is shared with no one else.
That is a climax that only happens in real marriage.
Anything less is a sacrilege"

The rest of your poem can be directly applied to any marriage, straight or gay - as you see I left out your first sentence. What makes you think they don't have the same feelings for each other?
Mother Mary

Waterloo, IL

#35018 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
For Mother Mary & you;
ONE
Marriage is a man and woman divinely united as one.
One person guarding your heart more than their own.
And most powerful?
Anything less is a sacrilege.
From a grateful husband.
Beautiful I agree, too bad some are so blind to the truth.
Mother Mary

Waterloo, IL

#35019 Jul 29, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
Wait a minute...who is the arrogant one? Intercourse,either anal or vaginal is not necessary for a pleasurable intimate relationship. You do know that, don't you? I hope so for your wifes sake! Do you know for a fact that all gay people engage in anal? I didn't think so!
And most powerful?
The rest of your poem can be directly applied to any marriage, straight or gay - as you see I left out your first sentence. What makes you think they don't have the same feelings for each other?
They do not the CANNOT BECAUSE IT IS A "union unsing the word"
loosely NOT BLESSED OF GOD.. IT IS SIN and it has nothing at
all to do with "real true LOVE". You do not like this info do
you? Too bad I could lie to you, I could pat you on the back and
say "your ok I'm ok" but that would not help you when you are burning in hell." As for the meek and mild "Christian approach
that is BS it is just this kind of thing that is allowing so many church to start to allow "GAYS TO BE PASTORS AND TEACHERS" int their churches. I like to call it "CHRUCH LITE" AS IN "LITE BEER"
LESS FEELING but taste GOOD AND EASIER TO GO DOWN,meaning easier
for all the people to take in and believe BECAUSE IT DOES NO
OFFEND ANYONE BY TELLING THE TRUTH.

“laugh until your belly hurts”

Since: Dec 06

Location hidden

#35020 Jul 29, 2012
Mother Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
DEAD for a short time THEN IN HELL FOREVER.
you do realise, don't you, that 'hell' was invented by the followers of saul of tarsus to scare the shit out of the superstitious and the gullible to make them run to the new religion that they were starting... it's still working. isn't that amazing?
Trust No One

Waterloo, IL

#35022 Jul 29, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
you do realise, don't you, that 'hell' was invented by the followers of saul of tarsus to scare the shit out of the superstitious and the gullible to make them run to the new religion that they were starting... it's still working. isn't that amazing?
You do realise don't you that HELL is a place of ever lasting torment for those who do not believe in and accept JESUS CHRIST
as their LORD and SAVIOUR and that GOD made HELL just as he made
THE EVERYYHING ELSE.
That HELL IS a SPECIAL place for SATAN that's right you read it
here SATAN and those who follow him and his ways and not the ways
of JESUS CHRIST. It was there when God tossed SATEN OUT OF HEAVEN
AND it is still there and will ALWAYS BE THERE AND NO IT WAS NOT
INVENTED ROTFLMBO to "by the followers of SAUL". Oh please you are
killing me with you vain attempts...

“It's a bathroom”

Since: Jul 07

Get over it, already

#35023 Jul 29, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Your position is that the anus is designed for intercourse?
Or are you conveniently avoiding that conclusion of your position?
Str8s have the option of evolutionary intercourse. Gays don't, do they? Yet you assert that homosexuality is a natural part of evolution.
It makes your arrogance all the more silly. You should be ashamed of such stupidity.
You just can't answer a simple question, can you. You resort to EXACTLY the same frikkin' tactic that you ridicule others for using. Instead of answering the question, you replied with a bunch of crap that I never said.

You're a fraud and a "fauxny".

The militant lesbian in you is a bitch. The str8 male that you present as is just a dick.

“KiMare'a the Monster Mutation”

Since: Nov 10

Location hidden

#35024 Jul 30, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
So you are saying it is ok for straight people to "evolve" into having anal intercourse but it is not ok for gays... what a hypocrite. And your obsession with gay male anal sex doesn't explain why you are against lesbians too, we don't take it up the @ss.
Blonde, where did I say that?

Anal intercourse is not the only reason I don't think gay unions are marriage and why I believe GLBT is at least partially a genetic defect. I've listed other reasons numerous times, right?

So you are saying that blonde lesbians also have serious comprehension problems?

Location hidden

#35025 Jul 30, 2012
dances with weebles wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus;

Luke 16:23 (NASB)
23 "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.

Weebles;

John 8:44 (MSG)
44 You're from your father, the Devil, and all you want to do is please him. He was a killer from the very start. He couldn't stand the truth because there wasn't a shred of truth in him. When the Liar speaks, he makes it up out of his lying nature and fills the world with lies.

Since: Apr 09

Location hidden

#35026 Jul 30, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Denial clothed in irony.
Not fooling anyone, you are in a corner of your own making. And you just can't think of a logical way out.
I can no more be prejudiced against god than I can Santa Claus, the Easter bunny or unicorns...I really don't know how else to explain it to you.

Location hidden

#35027 Jul 30, 2012
LeaderOfThePack2 wrote:
<quoted text>
And most powerful?
If you take a cord and electrical outlet, you will find that the male plug is made to go into a female outlet. That is the design. Can I make it work other ways? Of course. Not safely. Not according to design.

Try connecting two male plugs. Or two female ends. Silly stupid, isn't it?

At a much deeper and more extensive level, male and females are the same. The union of male and female is designed at every level of human identity to unite two distinct beings into one. Not redumbant duplication that doesn't fit.

The complexity and diversity of that union is described as uniting Mars and Venus. Gay unions can only be comparably described as the uniting Uranus and Uranus.

You are right that many of the elements of my 'One' can relate to relationships other than marriage. But you are dead wrong about the core; Only in marriage is there a healthy and moral pleasing of ALL the private and hidden parts. The challenge of one gender learning the distinctions AND understanding them, then engaging them in a safe and healthy way. As designed.

Not one single other relationship is as healthy, deep and extensive as the union of male and female in the life-long commitment of marriage. Not one.

Since: Mar 07

Location hidden

#35028 Jul 30, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who worries about other people having anal intercourse has some serious issues.

But, to your other comments, yes, since gay people are a natural part of the environment, and always have been, there is obviously an evolutionary reason for the orientation.

Denying a simple truth doesn't make it any less true.

And I see you created another new phrase "evolutionary intercourse".

Cute.

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#35029 Jul 30, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Jesus;
Luke 16:23 (NASB)
23 "In Hades he lifted up his eyes, being in torment, and *saw Abraham far away and Lazarus in his bosom.
Weebles;
John 8:44 (MSG)
44 You're from your father, the Devil, and all you want to do is please him. He was a killer from the very start. He couldn't stand the truth because there wasn't a shred of truth in him. When the Liar speaks, he makes it up out of his lying nature and fills the world with lies.
Bible quote. How original.

Still, no bearing on my civil union or the inevitability of gay marriage.
Mother Mary

Waterloo, IL

#35030 Jul 30, 2012
Quest wrote:
<quoted text>
Anyone who worries about other people having anal intercourse has some serious issues.
But, to your other comments, yes, since gay people are a natural part of the environment, and always have been, there is obviously an evolutionary reason for the orientation.
Denying a simple truth doesn't make it any less true.
And I see you created another new phrase "evolutionary intercourse".
Cute.
No one is worried about your anus, I'm sure it is past time for that anyway. If anyone has serious issues you do from a medical and a "psychological" stand point. But "butt" on to your other
lame comments, NO gay people are NOT a NATURAL part of the enviro-
ment, and NEVER have been,(that is why in 2012 they are still
fighting for the same rights) as hetro sexuals. There is obivously
NOT ONE SINGLE reason why "IF EVOLUTION WERE TRUE" there would be
a NEED for the ORIENTATION. In fact (no being BREEDERS)gays would
be a waste to and a drag on the SURVIVAL of the healthy breeders and I'd think (probaly a group that in WHAT YOU CALL EVLOUTIONARY
TIMES WOULD HAVE been dealt with much as the SICK AND THE OLDER
ones (as in killing them of so that the fit and young breeder might
go on to live another day. Yeah you know if you want to see things
in the terms of EVLOUTION which I have already said is a crock of well you know what...... and NO HE DID NOT JUST CREAT A NEW PHRASE
IT HAS BEEN AROUND.. BTW making up fairy tales about evolution and gays being natural may help you and you LIFE PARTNER SLEEP better at night but THEMS NOT THE FACT BOYS
Mother Mary

Waterloo, IL

#35031 Jul 30, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible quote. How original.
Still, no bearing on my civil union or the inevitability of gay marriage.
Bible quote, true maybe has no bearing on WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT so called "CIVIL UNIONS", as they said durning the "CIVIL WAR DAYS"
there is "NOTHING CIVIL ABOUT IT". YOU just hold YOUR BREATH and
see if there is EVER and I do mean EVER GAY MARRIAGE in this land.
Do you know what we really think of YOUR CIVIL UNION we think it is
a joke, WE LAUGH behind your backs WE KNOW it is just something to
pacify you guys for a time, until you can get home and suck on __
well each other.. ROTFLMBO

“Free your mind”

Since: Dec 10

Location hidden

#35032 Jul 30, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
Blonde, where did I say that?
Anal intercourse is not the only reason I don't think gay unions are marriage and why I believe GLBT is at least partially a genetic defect. I've listed other reasons numerous times, right?
So you are saying that blonde lesbians also have serious comprehension problems?
You obviously don't comprehend even what you say... here, let me refresh your memory...
you said "Str8s have the option of evolutionary intercourse. Gays don't, do they? Yet you assert that homosexuality is a natural part of evolution."

Now, if I interpret that correctly you are saying straights have the option of evolutionary intercourse but gays don't... which means that you think that straights who have anal intercourse are just evolving, but in gays it is just a defect...

You may need to think before you type... and I am not blonde, btw. Boy, you really love stereotypes, don't you?

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#35033 Jul 30, 2012
Mother Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
Bible quote, true maybe has no bearing on WHAT YOU THINK ABOUT so called "CIVIL UNIONS", as they said durning the "CIVIL WAR DAYS"
there is "NOTHING CIVIL ABOUT IT". YOU just hold YOUR BREATH and
see if there is EVER and I do mean EVER GAY MARRIAGE in this land.
Do you know what we really think of YOUR CIVIL UNION we think it is
a joke, WE LAUGH behind your backs WE KNOW it is just something to
pacify you guys for a time, until you can get home and suck on __
well each other.. ROTFLMBO
Apparently, I'm supposed to be hurt that self-righteous pricks like your find me humorous?!

When marriage equality comes to the US, and it is, we'll see how hard you're laughing.

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#35034 Jul 30, 2012
TXgurl wrote:
<quoted text>
You obviously don't comprehend even what you say... here, let me refresh your memory...
you said "Str8s have the option of evolutionary intercourse. Gays don't, do they? Yet you assert that homosexuality is a natural part of evolution."
Now, if I interpret that correctly you are saying straights have the option of evolutionary intercourse but gays don't... which means that you think that straights who have anal intercourse are just evolving, but in gays it is just a defect...
You may need to think before you type... and I am not blonde, btw. Boy, you really love stereotypes, don't you?
Kimare knows exactly what you said.

Man/Girl loves to parse words and play with semantics. Zhe is just a gigantic munt (man with a...).
Mother Mary

Waterloo, IL

#35035 Jul 30, 2012
Marengo Jon wrote:
<quoted text>
Apparently, I'm supposed to be hurt that self-righteous pricks like your find me humorous?!
When marriage equality comes to the US, and it is, we'll see how hard you're laughing.
One I do not care if you are hurt or not. Two I do not care if you think I am self-reghteous or not. Three a female cannot be a "prick" (but then you would know very little about females). Four "Marriage Equality" will NEVER come to the US, not EVER, we will see hard much you cry and cry and beat your little gay fist againt the wall or on the floor, or what-ever you beat. NOT Going to happen God will wipe the world clean of all of us before this happens.. xxxooo
Mother Mary

Waterloo, IL

#35036 Jul 30, 2012
KiMare wrote:
<quoted text>
If you take a cord and electrical outlet, you will find that the male plug is made to go into a female outlet. That is the design. Can I make it work other ways? Of course. Not safely. Not according to design.
Try connecting two male plugs. Or two female ends. Silly stupid, isn't it?
At a much deeper and more extensive level, male and females are the same. The union of male and female is designed at every level of human identity to unite two distinct beings into one. Not redumbant duplication that doesn't fit.
The complexity and diversity of that union is described as uniting Mars and Venus. Gay unions can only be comparably described as the uniting Uranus and Uranus.
You are right that many of the elements of my 'One' can relate to relationships other than marriage. But you are dead wrong about the core; Only in marriage is there a healthy and moral pleasing of ALL the private and hidden parts. The challenge of one gender learning the distinctions AND understanding them, then engaging them in a safe and healthy way. As designed.
Not one single other relationship is as healthy, deep and extensive as the union of male and female in the life-long commitment of marriage. Not one.
I think this just about sums it up other than the fact that this is THE WAY GOD MEAN FOR IT TO BE I say I have not seen anyone say it better ...amen and amen.

“It's a bathroom”

Get over it, already

#35037 Jul 30, 2012
Mother Mary wrote:
<quoted text>
NOT Going to happen God will wipe the world clean of all of us before this happens.. xxxooo
So many heinous, disgusting things going on in the world, and you think God is concerned about gay marriage. You're projecting your concerns on God.

If God were upset about gay people, and gay marriage, She would have already wiped us off the face of the planet.

But it hasn't happened, has it?

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
Emmanuel Dominguez missing?! (Nov '13) 21 min Remembrance 1,586
Growing up in Countryside (Dec '11) 23 min Otis 15
lyons, il politics (Mar '07) 4 hr Glass Houses 8,875
What happened to the Hillside Shopping Center? (Mar '08) 18 hr immyguitar 594
why are the cops who were granted immunity in m... (Aug '10) 19 hr True facts 25
Next mayor 20 hr ExMelrose Parker 1
No more Maria SS Lauretana festival in Berwyn a... (Aug '15) Thu Truth 43

Maywood Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maywood Mortgages