Biggest Issue in Melrose?

Biggest Issue in Melrose?

Created by Papaguanos on Jan 16, 2012

104 votes

Click on an option to vote

Corruption

Lack of jobs

Crime

Adult Book Store

Pollution

Illegal Aliens

School System

Taxes too high

Multi Family Housing

Accountablity of officials

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
Papaguanos

Villa Park, IL

#1 Jan 16, 2012
There has been a lot of ruckus about certain issues here. What do you feel is the most important issue in Melrose Park? Please vote and let the community know what you think.
Ginger

Naperville, IL

#2 Jan 16, 2012
I think the vile stench of crooked police, building inspectors, and health inspectors make banana republics look honest by comparison. Its a miracle they can get any business to locate in Melrose Park. Thats why so many companies move out or close.
Shakespeare

Naperville, IL

#3 Jan 16, 2012
I hate people who steal your big blue garbage can. Im angry that post office is cutting down om mailboxes. I wonder why Campanelli got the vending machine contract very fishy.
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#4 Jan 17, 2012
Get rid of the adult bookstore on 15th ave, the mayor, town trustees, police chief and i think things would really improve.
kuku bird

Bellwood, IL

#5 Jan 17, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
Get rid of the adult bookstore on 15th ave, the mayor, town trustees, police chief and i think things would really improve.
what about the 10,000 illegal mexicans, but you would not know that because you live no were around here. worry about your shitty state indiana
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#6 Jan 20, 2012
kuku bird wrote:
<quoted text>what about the 10,000 illegal mexicans, but you would not know that because you live no were around here. worry about your shitty state indiana
not from Indiana and that's beside the point.
I'm not part of the list.
And how do you know there's 10,000 illegals in MP ?
Did you count them all ?
Other than being here illegally do you know how many of them are committing crimes or NOT committing crimes ?
The bookstore is owned by an excon with mob ties.
It has multiple businesses listings so it can launder money
It allows sex without condom use inside which promotes STD's and AIDS/HIV
Some of the patrons are sex offenders out on parole a clear violation of their parole.
Its things like this that makes the bookstore worthy of being on a list of what is wrong in MP.
There is nothing good about this bookstore.
At least some of the illegals here are working, holding jobs, raising a family, even paying taxes, and living a life without committing any other crime except their american status.
Val's girlfriend

Naperville, IL

#7 Jan 25, 2012
He/she's posing as concerned citizens of Melrose.
Truth Seeker

Bellwood, IL

#8 Feb 3, 2012
I'm so scared! If I actually do something real someone might hurt me! OOO that's bad.
Truth Seeker

Chicago, IL

#9 Feb 6, 2012
The two smallest issues are the Adult Bookstore and my shriveled up diseased tiny love tool.
End Corruption

Chicago, IL

#10 Jun 19, 2012
The town is corrupt and the feds need to move in again (if they haven't done so already) to send the rest of the crew to jail and throw away the key.
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#11 Jun 20, 2012
End Corruption wrote:
The town is corrupt and the feds need to move in again (if they haven't done so already) to send the rest of the crew to jail and throw away the key.
i'm sure the feds will be back in again.
Hopefully they'll clean out the bookstore.
BTW i noticed the bookstore was #3 in the list.
That's amazing considering how much the customers of that bookstore keep coming on here to defend it.
I would think ANYTHING that makes the top 3 in such a list should be looked at and corrected.

“Always Doing the Right Thing”

Since: Jun 12

Melrose Park

#12 Jun 20, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>i'm sure the feds will be back in again.
Hopefully they'll clean out the bookstore.
BTW i noticed the bookstore was #3 in the list.
That's amazing considering how much the customers of that bookstore keep coming on here to defend it.
I would think ANYTHING that makes the top 3 in such a list should be looked at and corrected.
This is Topix not the Gallup poll
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#13 Jun 21, 2012
Beyond Reproach wrote:
<quoted text>
This is Topix not the Gallup poll
I didn't create this thread nor did i create the poll this thread is based on.
But it is what it is.
If you don't care to be a part of this poll or thread you are welcome to visit one of the many other threads.
I'm sure you'll find a thread you'll like somewhere in the MP forum.
If not there are plenty of national issue threads on topix too.
So there's no reason to bash or stay in a thread that doesn't suit you.
Good luck.

“Always Doing the Right Thing”

Since: Jun 12

Melrose Park

#14 Jun 21, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>I didn't create this thread nor did i create the poll this thread is based on.
But it is what it is.
If you don't care to be a part of this poll or thread you are welcome to visit one of the many other threads.
I'm sure you'll find a thread you'll like somewhere in the MP forum.
If not there are plenty of national issue threads on topix too.
So there's no reason to bash or stay in a thread that doesn't suit you.
Good luck.
How many times did you vote? Vote early and vote often right?
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#16 Jun 21, 2012
Beyond Reproach wrote:
<quoted text>
I'll post on whatever thread I want. You are just another poster like everyone else or do you plan to become a moderator. Aren't you the one who blames a bookstore for a cops death elsewhere?
you're the one questionthis thread for having a pol in it not me.
i'm prefectly happy with it having a poll in it.
I could care less where you post i was trying to help you out.
while the bookstore is part of the poll ( you probably missed that ) its just one of many choices for anyone to vote on.
If you want to talk only about the bookstore i recommend one of the many threads devoted to it.
Truth Seeker

Fox Lake, IL

#17 Jun 21, 2012
Beyond Reproach wrote:
<quoted text>
How many times did you vote? Vote early and vote often right?
now have i asked you or anyone else that question ?
no i didn't because its shows immaturity.
If you want to talk about issues i might join in.
If you want to show everyone how immature you are leave me out of it.

“Always Doing the Right Thing”

Since: Jun 12

Melrose Park

#19 Jun 21, 2012
Truth Seeker wrote:
<quoted text>now have i asked you or anyone else that question ?
no i didn't because its shows immaturity.
If you want to talk about issues i might join in.
If you want to show everyone how immature you are leave me out of it.
Sorry but I won't join your invitation for a pissing contest. I'm not sure you are qualified to judge anyone's maturity but if it helps you validate yourself fine. I have to go now and help some poor hungry families who have real not imagined problems.
Papaguanos

United States

#20 Jun 21, 2012
Sorry folks I noticed that it was possible on that poll to vote multiple times! For months now there have only been a few votes against the bookstore. Now you have to wonder since only a couple people are opposed to it on here. I was hoping Topix would prevent this but obviously the same people voted multiple times! I'll try a more reputable forum for my next poll that does not let the same people vote multiple times. It was kind of predictable on this one.

“Walking Tall”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#21 Jun 21, 2012
Just want to make it clear that I am the real Papaguanos. My family has lived here for over one hundred glorious years!

“Walking Tall”

Since: Aug 10

Location hidden

#22 Jun 21, 2012
I do think that a couple people have missused the poll toward their own selfish and twisted ends.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maywood Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Justice to consider permit for marijuana clinic 2 hr garyBj 2
News Justice waiting on county to clear out Triangle 2 hr garyBj 1
News Buffalo Grove Man Charged with Soliciting Minor... (Feb '14) 2 hr garyBj 5
maywood gangs (Mar '06) 18 hr Maywood 420
The Daddono Crime Family 18 hr Info 1
Salvi still selling cocaine out of in-laws in W... Fri True facts 60
Review: Glitter Starz Inc (Mar '15) Fri Joanne 12
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maywood Mortgages