Is there grandparent rights in the st...

Is there grandparent rights in the state of ky

Posted in the Maysville Forum

First Prev
of 2
Next Last
A loving grandmother

Elizabethtown, KY

#1 Jul 13, 2009
I want to know if Grandparents can get the right to see their grandbabys in Ky
Hmmm

United States

#2 Jul 13, 2009
I heard they have about the same rights as parents. I don't know for a fact but that's what I been told.
Nicki

Lawrenceburg, KY

#3 Jul 13, 2009
Go to the local Family court to find out.
a friend

United States

#4 Jul 13, 2009
I think it depends on the situation, but check the local family court.
would like to know myself

Elizabethtown, KY

#5 Jul 14, 2009
I would like to know that to.
lol

United States

#6 Jul 14, 2009
go to

United States

#7 Jul 14, 2009
Nicki wrote:
Go to the local Family court to find out.
go to a lawyer for legal advice, go to court for a legal ruling.
man o man

Amelia, OH

#9 Jul 14, 2009
looks like someone failed as a parent
mam maw

United States

#11 Jul 14, 2009
you dont have anything unless you have money to fight it ,and you tell me who the hell is a perfect parent ? YOU?....i highly doubt it. and i had my grand daughter day in and day out while they finished school and while they worked after ward just two years ago did she stop me form seeing my grand daughter because she got another man in her life ,and doesnt want her to know who we are .i love my grand daughter with all my might and would give my life for her if it would save hers .she even goes so far as even to go to school and tell them i am not aloud around her making me look like i hurt her in some way which in no way is true ,I worked at the school if i had a crminal record i would not have been aloud to work there ,is there rights for that?she is just tryin to be evil and that she is .it will all turn out in the end i know i love my grand daughter and she loves me and still knows who i am because have seen her at school and she even has an uncle 9 months younger than her it hurts him tremendously because they grew up like brother and sister.tell me how right that is ? there is no such thing as a perfect parent and i would pay money to see one all we can do it teach them right from wrong and hope they abide by what youve taught them.In some cases they do in some they dont .im sorry they had a child at such a young age but in no way do i regret my grand daughter .I love her so much it hurts.and i hope her mother sleeps well at night knowing she isnt just hurting me but my young son and grand daughter as well.and im sure there will be someone else that has something smart to say but till you go through it you dont know how it feels until the shoe is on the other foot.i got a lawyer and i am far from rich but i dont not have the money to persue a law suit for it but would in a heart beat if i had it .any body care to take up a collection for it ?
someone wrote:
Reason why grandparents no longer have rights, in alot of cases grandparents would get mad at their children and their choices and try to take the child away from them. They were abusing the system so to speak in order to control their grown child. I know that this is not in all cases, but few ruin things for many. But I also know of a couple of cases where the grandchild is better off not being around the grandparent because they sucked as parents and would probably suck now as grandparents and of course we heard them hollering grandparents rights too. In those cases, thank God they don't exist!
YES Ma am you do

United States

#12 Jul 14, 2009
mam maw wrote:
you dont have anything unless you have money to fight it ,and you tell me who the hell is a perfect parent ? YOU?....i highly doubt it. and i had my grand daughter day in and day out while they finished school and while they worked after ward just two years ago did she stop me form seeing my grand daughter because she got another man in her life ,and doesnt want her to know who we are .i love my grand daughter with all my might and would give my life for her if it would save hers .she even goes so far as even to go to school and tell them i am not aloud around her making me look like i hurt her in some way which in no way is true ,I worked at the school if i had a crminal record i would not have been aloud to work there ,is there rights for that?she is just tryin to be evil and that she is .it will all turn out in the end i know i love my grand daughter and she loves me and still knows who i am because have seen her at school and she even has an uncle 9 months younger than her it hurts him tremendously because they grew up like brother and sister.tell me how right that is ? there is no such thing as a perfect parent and i would pay money to see one all we can do it teach them right from wrong and hope they abide by what youve taught them.In some cases they do in some they dont .im sorry they had a child at such a young age but in no way do i regret my grand daughter .I love her so much it hurts.and i hope her mother sleeps well at night knowing she isnt just hurting me but my young son and grand daughter as well.and im sure there will be someone else that has something smart to say but till you go through it you dont know how it feels until the shoe is on the other foot.i got a lawyer and i am far from rich but i dont not have the money to persue a law suit for it but would in a heart beat if i had it .any body care to take up a collection for it ?
<quoted text>
My sister did the same thing to my mother, and YES YOU DO HAVE RIGHTS! My mother took her to court and the judge asked my neice what was going on , and why my sister would want to keep her from mamaw. YES ma'am you have rights, you have more rights than many others out here who claim to be a good grandparent yet they never see, call, send cards nothing. You need to first to to comp care and tell them you havent the money for legal advisors and they will help you Ma'am. You can email me if you like at.... [email protected] for more info on the matter. And sure I would send ya a 20.00 if need be to help you , but you can get a free lawyer .
I will pray for you
friend

Ewing, KY

#13 Jul 14, 2009
I think grandparents do have rights. I hope you get to see yours.
in that situation

United States

#14 Jul 16, 2009
Grandparents do not have that many rights. If the parents of the child are split up and the mother dont want the grandparents to see the child that only chance that they have is when the father of that child. If the father is dead, jail, or dont want anything to do with the child than they can take it to court but when that happens they only get 1 weekend a month and have to pay child support.
Huh

United States

#15 Jul 16, 2009
in that situation wrote:
Grandparents do not have that many rights. If the parents of the child are split up and the mother dont want the grandparents to see the child that only chance that they have is when the father of that child. If the father is dead, jail, or dont want anything to do with the child than they can take it to court but when that happens they only get 1 weekend a month and have to pay child support.
I have NEVER heard of Grandparents having to pay child support. Anyway it goes they'll have to take it to court but they do have rights.
Huh

United States

#16 Jul 16, 2009
Oops, I reread my post and I didn't mean nothing by it. I was just thinking that it's crazy and they shouldn't have to go through that. I should've worded it different.
LAMO

Morehead, KY

#17 Jul 16, 2009
I don't think grand parents should have rights. We as the parents have the right to say who they can go around and talk to. My mother wasn't a good mother to me or my sister. but since the day i had my daughter she has been trying to take her from me. She has no room to say who i raise my daughter because shes the one that sold her self for a ride on a moped when she was 11 and has never done a thing for her self. shes alway living with family never on her own. she even has been chaged and convicted of child abuse on her yougest daughter. Grandparents like this should have no rights and i think they should burn in hell for the rest of there days.
nana

Nicholasville, KY

#18 Jul 17, 2009
LAMO wrote:
I don't think grand parents should have rights. We as the parents have the right to say who they can go around and talk to. My mother wasn't a good mother to me or my sister. but since the day i had my daughter she has been trying to take her from me. She has no room to say who i raise my daughter because shes the one that sold her self for a ride on a moped when she was 11 and has never done a thing for her self. shes alway living with family never on her own. she even has been chaged and convicted of child abuse on her yougest daughter. Grandparents like this should have no rights and i think they should burn in hell for the rest of there days.
not all grand parents are like that. some of us are really good, i hope i never have to go though that but you can bet i would fight long and hard to get to see my baby girl
mam maw

United States

#19 Jul 17, 2009
you know what (LAMO),not all pple are the same .i feel sorry for you having a mother like that .But as i said we all are not that way , none of us are perfect parents ,but some of us happen to be filled with love for our children and our grand children ,no matter what their mistakes because you see we all make them .If you were hurt as a child i am sorry for you ,dont be bitter teach your child better than what you were taught.,in my case the mother of my grand daugher is not my daughter ,and there for since she and my son broke up and she has a new man she is only a spitefull person .I grant her my son was not the best father there is to mention but he has had his own to deal with and is working very hard to over come his troubles but nothing will excuse not seeing your child.you tell me what right she has to use me as long it was to her advantage of babysitting everyday ,day in and day out .and i would never complain about it ,i loved every minuite of it .i would still do it now .and i did keep her while they finished school and even afterward while she worked for 4 1/2 years and then she wants to tell others that i never did .anyone who knows me knows i did and took very good care of her and love her with all my might .and still do. what right is it to hurt someone for spite i didnt do anything to her for her to treat me or my grand daughter this way .and i even have a young son 9 months younger than my G D they grew together like brother and sister.and it hurts him as well more than she will ever know or even care i guess.i just hope she sleeps well at night .and you for feeling the way you do i hope you find peace with your mom aNd your self.as for my G D i will hold her in my heart till i get to spend time and see her again ,i just hope it is before i die. and like i posted bfore there are no rights unless you have money to take it to court then it is up to the judge whats in the best interest of the child.
LAMO wrote:
hey

Washington, DC

#20 Aug 6, 2009
been through it wrote:
Grandparents really no longer have rights in the state of kentucky unless the (grand)child in question resided with the grandparents for a certain amount of time, or at least in most circumstances.
I am going through court for the second time to get grandparents rights to my second grandchild. we will be getting one weekend a month and 3 weeks in the summer
concerned

Winchester, KY

#21 Dec 17, 2012
sometimes a chid is better off with the grandparents, especially if the child is being mentally and physcially abused, and doesn't understand why it's parent does this to hurt them. sometimes they yell and say hurtful things to upset the child and don't have any respect for them. then they wonder why so many kids have problems, the judges make bad decissions on their choise of parent or gardian. 3665
kygal

Dayton, OH

#22 Dec 18, 2012
I think grandparents need to keep their noses out of their children's live and stop trying go take over the grandchild

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker
First Prev
of 2
Next Last

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 2 hr Marie 143,195
Devin Thomas (Jackson) 4 hr Millie 19
Poll Should seniority matter in the work place??? (Jun '12) 5 hr Thirsty 35
officer ken fuller (Dec '14) 9 hr Whoswho 9
Tina Philips 21 hr lily his exgirlfr... 2
Intervention 22 hr wanna be golfer IG 10
Cops in maysville Wed Old resident 36
More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages