new board members needed for mason co...
Concerned Parent

Maysville, KY

#25 Oct 25, 2012
Parents,taxpayers,public officials,area merchants,etc...Demand restitution and prosecution! Our children, our supportive community and our underpaid teachers and staff deserve better. All leaders within the district need to be investigated immediately, past and present! Middleton left just in time didn't he?
Smart guy

Worton, MD

#26 Oct 25, 2012
Drop this topic now. The school will figure out who you are and punish your child.
Old Man

Maysville, KY

#27 Oct 25, 2012
Farmer Fran wrote:
I always wondered why I see more elections signs on the side of the road from the school board members running for election than some commissioners or other person running for office. It's because you get a $75 check but because you cover up the ass of the super and everybody else, you get all expense trips to who knows where, tickets to the Sweet 16, airplane tickets (and their fees paid too!), free dinning at some of the states (and Florida and San Diego too!) finest dining establishment, free candy and pop from Speedway, the fees for getting caught smoking in your room in Chicago paid by taxpayers, and get reimbursed for **** you didn't even buy in the first place!
But alas, let us also not forget the people down on Third Street in different departments who fleeced the taxpayers. Keurig coffee machines, gas, fine dining, candy and pop, and trips as well plus God knows what else they've hid by not turning in the required paperwork. Sapp, Ishmael, all of them had their hands in the cookie jar down there. And the school board just sit there, like knots on a log.
For anybody looking for a job (if we the taxpayers of Mason County stand together), I hear Mason County will be hiring for a whole slew of new people!
I agree. I couldn't tell if the guy was running for school board or city commission. He has signs everywhere, including districts where his name will not appear on the ballot.
What a jerk. Hope he's voted out!
concerned citizen

Brooksville, KY

#28 Oct 25, 2012
I don't have a child in the school system. But as far as I'm concerned any expenditure is you much when the parents that do have to buy classroom supplies beyond those their child needs because the school can't afford it.
Pat

Maysville, KY

#29 Oct 25, 2012
Smart guy wrote:
Drop this topic now. The school will figure out who you are and punish your child.
Seriously, what right do they have to punish anyone at this point. They better quit worrying about punishing posters on topix and start worrying about what their own punishment is going to be. Nice try. Did you really think you were going to scare anyone? BTW, I don't have any children in the Mason County School system. I am just a lowly taxpayer. Yep! You are one "smart guy"!
Justhere

United States

#30 Oct 25, 2012
Sounds like maybe the taxes could be lowered a tad bit.
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there are some problems. But the Mason County system is one of the best managed in the State and IS NOT corrupt. School Taxes haven't been raised in years. Even with the reduced government funding, Mason County is in the black.
curious

Maysville, KY

#31 Oct 25, 2012
whos running in november ive not had anyone but one person at my door?
Question

Olive Hill, KY

#32 Oct 25, 2012
Just like the Penn State Scandal, there was some who resigned their positions, BUT are now still in the court system for their wrong doing.

Anyone involved should be prosecuted, whether they resign or not...take them to court. The taxes payers have a right to file a liable suit on the funds stolen. Students should have representation and file a civil suit agianst all involved for the lack of educational needs that these funds were suppose to be going into their educational goals. Stand up for the students and organize to file a civil suit agianst these theives. Don't let a few dictate that this can't be done....go file agianst these theives and stand up for the Students.
just me

Georgetown, KY

#33 Oct 25, 2012
hay ppl !!! hold it ppl !! what in the f??k did the judge do the the guys that stole the copper and metal that was probably was worth about 250 dollars gave them a year in jail ,,,,,,, well these as=hole are know better , so give them the same or know give them 5 years inn prison ,,,,, and if the judge don't then kick his as- out of that county ,,,,, all of these lowlife ashole judges need to be voted out ,,, just look at the ones in lexington that keeps doing wrong and gets right back in to do the same damn thing , the ppl in lex is all queers and lisban thats why they are so stupid as- looking . hay !!! one more thing !!! is the laws only made for the poor uduacate ppl in ky , well if not it sure in the f??k looks like it does ,, like smacking these lowlife on the hand and say don't do that any more , please .
just me

Georgetown, KY

#34 Oct 25, 2012
taxpayer wrote:
We need a whole new system. no wonder my property taxes are so high
you haven't seen nothing yet just wait untill rommmy gets in you mite not have a home to pat taxes on ,,, if he gets in ,,,, most of the republian don't want him in and the damn statement that the dumbas- muddock said has just about knock him out of the office for good ....
just me

Georgetown, KY

#35 Oct 25, 2012
Disagree wrote:
<quoted text>
Yes there are some problems. But the Mason County system is one of the best managed in the State and IS NOT corrupt. School Taxes haven't been raised in years. Even with the reduced government funding, Mason County is in the black.
yell it in the black alright they made it for for sure .
just me

Georgetown, KY

#36 Oct 25, 2012
I read it wrote:
Steal ten dollars of food from Walmart go to jail. Steal 1000s from school and change policy. How could any reasonable person not be incensed by not only the super but the complicit board. Someone must be charged!
there are different laws for different class of ppl in the city government and the poor ole working class ppl .
just me

Georgetown, KY

#37 Oct 25, 2012
Ridiculous wrote:
This is what happens when you have incompetent people monitoring crooks! This is a license to STEAL!!
i have been told that every lawyer is a theives bas?ard look what has happen tho some of the crooked a in lexington .
just me

Georgetown, KY

#38 Oct 25, 2012
Smart guy wrote:
to hell with you if i live in that town i would be right up front and believe ppl you have the damn right and know one can tell you different not even the damn police officer in your town you the ppl have that right to protect you town at all means if the cop don't just call the state poilce in there they will tell you the same damn thing i'm telling you been there and done it .
meme

United States

#39 Oct 25, 2012
I dont see any wrongdoing at all here. I hope he enjoyed his perks and remains along with all the others, in office! Go Mr Moore!!
just me

Georgetown, KY

#40 Oct 25, 2012
curious wrote:
whos running in november ive not had anyone but one person at my door?
they don't have to past out card or put out signs at all payed for by vote buying and always have been that way in ky ...
ugle

Baird, TX

#41 Oct 25, 2012
any one seen moore or the others?
ReduceMyTaxes

Maysville, KY

#42 Oct 25, 2012
meme wrote:
I dont see any wrongdoing at all here. I hope he enjoyed his perks and remains along with all the others, in office! Go Mr Moore!!
Are you serious? Read the auditor's report.
let them

Danielsville, GA

#43 Oct 25, 2012
try and see what happens next!
Smart guy wrote:
Truth

United States

#44 Oct 25, 2012
just me wrote:
<quoted text>you haven't seen nothing yet just wait untill rommmy gets in you mite not have a home to pat taxes on ,,, if he gets in ,,,, most of the republian don't want him in and the damn statement that the dumbas- muddock said has just about knock him out of the office for good ....
I don't know why anybody wants to be president now a days. Romney says, "if the program request isn't worth borrowing more money from China, then I'm cutting it." That's exactly the philosophy a man of character is going to have to take to turning our country's debt around. Millions of people like you are going to be mad. All of us are going to feel painful effects either way. The question is, How soon and howuch?" I've watched all of the debates and most of the topics are meaningless because there isn't any money to pay for any welfare entitlements, mishandled retirement plans or basic government requirements such as roads, schools or security. We r in debt people. I am saddened when I think about how hard it's going to be on future generations. They are going to pay for the sins of their ancestors - deficit spending, abortion, homosexuality, polytheism, atheism, Luke warm churches, laziness, etc. at least Romney has been a successful business man over and over. Obama has been a good China credit card man, borrowing and betting against our future. Quit thinking along party lines and dart thinking for yourself. Do your research.

Tell me when this thread is updated:

Subscribe Now Add to my Tracker

Add your comments below

Characters left: 4000

Please note by submitting this form you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

Maysville Discussions

Title Updated Last By Comments
News Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 30 min Strel 152,039
Pasquales 10 hr WhatAshame 3
Bad Heroine 15 hr Retired SOF 23
Does anyone know Barb Purcell (Dec '09) 19 hr oh please 60
Who all is on Heroin Tue swinging fun 4
Pierced kitty Mon Abc 4
yard sale labor day weekend Mon Season End Yard Sale 2

Maysville Jobs

More from around the web

Personal Finance

Maysville Mortgages