new board members needed for mason county schools!

Posted in the Maysville Forum

Comments
1 - 20 of 54 Comments Last updated Nov 22, 2012
First Prev
of 3
Next Last
onlooker

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

System is corrupt! Just watch the news.
wtf

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

After review of the Mason County School system's finances, they have been found to be under the Barack Obama regime. Therefore, all unexplained expenditures are to be considered liable under the Federal Reparations Act and are to be overlooked and irrelevant. Thanks for your concern and please reelect Obama for another 4 years of oversight and irrelevance!
taxpayer

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

We need a whole new system. no wonder my property taxes are so high
New System

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Dont throw the baby out with the bath water. Not everyone in "the system" was involved. A lot of people were truthfully in the dark bout the whole thing. look who is implicated in the report before you start shouting about getting rid of everyone
Dirty

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

They all are in bed together! Oops did I say that? Wasn't 2 of the male board members really in bed together? That's what was going around a few yrs back.
I believe Half

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

IMO, after reading the audit report, it appears to me the Audit office was out to hammer the district to "show who's boss". Why should they have the right to tell the district what is a reasonable or unreasonable expenditure for dinner? Are some of the expenses a reason for further investigation?...Absolutely. But at the same time it looks like if the Audit office didn't know what some of the expenses were for they should have asked someone about it rather than classify it as inappropriate. Like any audit, their job is to find faults and they did.
Disagree

Cranberry Twp, PA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

onlooker wrote:
System is corrupt! Just watch the news.
Yes there are some problems. But the Mason County system is one of the best managed in the State and IS NOT corrupt. School Taxes haven't been raised in years. Even with the reduced government funding, Mason County is in the black.
Farmer Fran

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Not corrupt? Nearly $200,00 literally stolen by the superintendent(s), the office memebers, and the board members is pretty much the definition of corrupt.
Funny part is the school board members said they thought they deserved to get $100 meals at Jeff Ruby's because they make so little in their elected position.
Remember folks who is an incumbent in your school district and then vote for the other person. Send a message to those elected (West, Porter, Carpenter, etc.) they are nothing but crooks STEALING tax payers dollars. I don't have kids in the school system but I willingly pay the taxes the school asks for because when I was in school, somebody else footed the bill for me to get an education. I feel its only right I "pay it foward". But when my taxes are going for dinners for the school board (and their families), the super (and whatever hood rat, chickenhead he is running around with this week), and the directors of certain offices, I have to draw a line that MY taxes shouldn't pay for THEIR good time.

VOTE THE BUMS OUT OF THE SCHOOL BOARD ON NOVEMBER 6 AND DEMAND THE SUPERINTENDENT AND ANYONE ELSE INVOLVED (IN IN WAY, SHAPE, OR FORM INCLUDING BOARD MEMBERS) GO TO JAIL.
Farmer Fran

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Also allow me to add about the board members. If they were doing their job, the super wouldn't of been able to keep hiding and lying about his theft. They would of questioned his new contract or his expenses or goddamn anything else he was doing while stealing from tax payers. But yet the auditor admits they weren't even doing their job because they never questioned a single thing and kept on approving everything dropped in front of their faces.
But I figure they got the old kick back. They hid his corruption and covered his ass and they get free $100 meals, trips, basketball tickets, and anything else. I don't care which one of the five stole (it's stealing folks when you take something [tax dollars for gas, meals, and anything else] that doesn't belong to you, admit it!). But I would burn the forest down to kill the weeds so the chance of any weed coming back is zero. And EVERY taxpayer (property owners, vehicle owners, people who pay utilities, etc.) should DEMAND THE SAME.
I read it

United States

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Steal ten dollars of food from Walmart go to jail. Steal 1000s from school and change policy. How could any reasonable person not be incensed by not only the super but the complicit board. Someone must be charged!
Big Block

Sioux City, IA

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

I read it wrote:
Steal ten dollars of food from Walmart go to jail. Steal 1000s from school and change policy. How could any reasonable person not be incensed by not only the super but the complicit board. Someone must be charged!
AGREE !!!!!!!!!!
No resignation

Merrill, WI

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

He should not be allowed to submit a resignation. He should be fired. That way it will follow him for the rest of his career. Probably will anyways. Criminal charges should be persued. If found guilty they should be forced to pay back the school.
fire them all

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

I think the tax payers should deduct the school tax off the balance of our property tax bill when they come in the mail!! I'm gonna try it! Whose in favor of this?
Joe

Morehead, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

I believe Half wrote:
IMO, after reading the audit report, it appears to me the Audit office was out to hammer the district to "show who's boss". Why should they have the right to tell the district what is a reasonable or unreasonable expenditure for dinner? Are some of the expenses a reason for further investigation?...Absolutely. But at the same time it looks like if the Audit office didn't know what some of the expenses were for they should have asked someone about it rather than classify it as inappropriate. Like any audit, their job is to find faults and they did.
\\

There "right" to say what is reasonable? It is their job to protect taxpayers interests!
redhanded

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

perhap's we can find a few , new school board member's at mcdc!!!lmao
Farmer Fran

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

I always wondered why I see more elections signs on the side of the road from the school board members running for election than some commissioners or other person running for office. It's because you get a $75 check but because you cover up the ass of the super and everybody else, you get all expense trips to who knows where, tickets to the Sweet 16, airplane tickets (and their fees paid too!), free dinning at some of the states (and Florida and San Diego too!) finest dining establishment, free candy and pop from Speedway, the fees for getting caught smoking in your room in Chicago paid by taxpayers, and get reimbursed for **** you didn't even buy in the first place!
But alas, let us also not forget the people down on Third Street in different departments who fleeced the taxpayers. Keurig coffee machines, gas, fine dining, candy and pop, and trips as well plus God knows what else they've hid by not turning in the required paperwork. Sapp, Ishmael, all of them had their hands in the cookie jar down there. And the school board just sit there, like knots on a log.
For anybody looking for a job (if we the taxpayers of Mason County stand together), I hear Mason County will be hiring for a whole slew of new people!
buncha crooks

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

Dirty wrote:
They all are in bed together! Oops did I say that? Wasn't 2 of the male board members really in bed together? That's what was going around a few yrs back.
Tax payers should have taken note when that scandal occurred and Tim Moore was insisting on using the attorney hired by the school to represent him in that mess.

How long has he held this position? Wow!
Ridiculous

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

This is what happens when you have incompetent people monitoring crooks! This is a license to STEAL!!
taxpayer

Maysville, KY

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

I believe Half wrote:
They have a right to tell them what is reasonable because they get taxpayer money from the state. That's why.
Hmmm

Dayton, OH

|
Report Abuse
|
Judge it!
|
Oct 24, 2012

Judged:

I believe Half wrote:
From what I read in the audit, the auditor did ask for documentation to explain some of these expenses and it seemed like the "offenders" just made excuses and wanted to delay the report. There has been a thread on this site that was started a year ago regarding this audit. Even then there was discussion of the administration's unwillingness to cooperate. If these people were innocent why couldn't they provide some kind of proof before this report was published. Apparantly there has been time, b/c there was talk of an audit almost a year ago? If it was just a couple of receipts that they couldn't locate that would be different. But this is hundreds of thousands of taxpayer dollars that were mis-used. Holding the positions they hold,(school board, superintendent, etc) they should have been more competent, if nothing else. If this is really just the auditor's job to find fault, why would "professionals" not keep better records so they wouldn't be in this position, especially since they are accountable for taxpayer dollars. I'm not buying your auditors "witch hunt" theory. Sorry.

Tell me when this thread is updated: (Registration is not required)

Add to my Tracker Send me an email

First Prev
of 3
Next Last
Type in your comments below
Name
(appears on your post)
Comments
Characters left: 4000
Type the numbers you see in the image on the right:

Please note by clicking on "Post Comment" you acknowledge that you have read the Terms of Service and the comment you are posting is in compliance with such terms. Be polite. Inappropriate posts may be removed by the moderator. Send us your feedback.

29 Users are viewing the Maysville Forum right now

Search the Maysville Forum:
Title Updated Last By Comments
Bible study rules for public schools proposed (Feb '10) 3 min Mike Duquette 128,967
jennifer jacobs 4 min Get it Right 19
KY 'Fox News Sunday' to Host Kentucky Senate Debate (Oct '10) 31 min shish 147,020
silver? ????trading post (Nov '12) 2 hr Umm 28
Emily Moon 7 hr Dookie 9
Marvin Gray 10 hr smdh 28
crowe bar 10 hr goldshot 10
•••
•••
•••
•••

Maysville Jobs

•••
Enter and win $5000
•••